Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5ft 5"

Talking Laughter helps the weight melt off

Denial has been something that has kept me overweight for years.
Denial everytime I start a diet and say this is the one that's going to work for me. Well what's making the difference for me now is laughing at all the ridiculous excuses I would give myself for coming off the diet or eating a whole packed of biscuits. I laugh and face up to all the silly things I used to tell myself so that I would stay fat for another day/week/year.

Things like

"I can't go on a diet today (Monday), I've got dinner with the family on Friday"
[I]Which is ridiculous considering I could have been watching what I ate from Monday until Friday evening so that I could enjoy the Friday night dinner guilt free
[I]

I would go on diets where I would starve myself to lose weight faster. I would be so ravenously hungry that I would be staring at my 2 year old son eating his cookie wishing he would drop it on the floor so I could save him from the dog hair and eat it myself.

I laugh at all these memories and it helps me face up to what I really want and need to do.

So, please, share your funny stories and excuses with me because laughing burns calories and it helps us beat the denial monster sitting on our shoulders
nettiepiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You could get the denial monster off your shoulders by stepping on a scale.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #3  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

For a very long time (like, until I learned that weight loss wasn't a myth) I didn't believe people could get fatter or skinner. When my jeans that I wore for years began getting tight? They probably shrunk in the wash! *I* couldn't possibly have gotten bigger--all my pants just magically got smaller! Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hehehe! Cute thread. I definitely have had tons of excuses. Some have been quite valid, but the truth is...food didn't solve my real problems. I'll keep this lighthearted though. So, for example; I need to eat because I have a migraine and I'm nauseated. I have migraines every day so isn't that a good reason to pig out? Well...no...it's not. I could be skinny with a migraine or fat. Why choose to be fat? Ok, this isn't all that funny, but I can still post this right?

I have tough kids....nowhere near easy. I eat to comfort myself. Then, I cry when I can't fit into my clothes anymore. Does eating make my kids any easier? Nope.

My jeans shrank. All my clothes keep shrinking in the wash! It just can't be me gaining weight.

Oh...and....I will stuff myself senseless because I'm going to start my diet tomorrow, Monday, next week, after the holidays, when I'm 85!

Shall I go on?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
You could get the denial monster off your shoulders by stepping on a scale.
You're absolutely right

I'm 235lbs
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #6  

Thank you for sharing with me.
I've done the "last supper" meal many a time where I've eaten like I'm never going to eat again because I have told myself I will diet tomorrow.

What age are you kids?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Hehehe! Cute thread. I definitely have had tons of excuses. Some have been quite valid, but the truth is...food didn't solve my real problems. I'll keep this lighthearted though. So, for example; I need to eat because I have a migraine and I'm nauseated. I have migraines every day so isn't that a good reason to pig out? Well...no...it's not. I could be skinny with a migraine or fat. Why choose to be fat? Ok, this isn't all that funny, but I can still post this right?

I have tough kids....nowhere near easy. I eat to comfort myself. Then, I cry when I can't fit into my clothes anymore. Does eating make my kids any easier? Nope.

My jeans shrank. All my clothes keep shrinking in the wash! It just can't be me gaining weight.

Oh...and....I will stuff myself senseless because I'm going to start my diet tomorrow, Monday, next week, after the holidays, when I'm 85!

Shall I go on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for sharing with me.
I've done the "last supper" meal many a time where I've eaten like I'm never going to eat again because I have told myself I will diet tomorrow.

What age are you kids?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #8  

When I got a new job, I was so lazy after work that I would just but on sweats and forget about dressing up and going out to have fun. Wearing sweatpants for so long and eating a lot of fast food... Once I started dressing up and going out again, I realized I had gained 20+ lbs and I couldn't fit into my pants anymore.

I had no idea what happened! lol
SpaceCoconaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCoconaut View Post
When I got a new job, I was so lazy after work that I would just but on sweats and forget about dressing up and going out to have fun. Wearing sweatpants for so long and eating a lot of fast food... Once I started dressing up and going out again, I realized I had gained 20+ lbs and I couldn't fit into my pants anymore.

I had no idea what happened! lol
Its amazing how that can happen. Thanks for your story.
I found myself buying new and bigger dresses to accommodate my expanding waist line but each time I would a little bit of me would cry. I wasn't facing up to what I was doing. I've taken control now because I recognise what I used to do and I am now on my way to fitting into my smaller dresses that have been gathering dust in the attic.