General chatter - Anyone watching downsized on WE tv?

shcirerf
12-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Has anyone been watching "downsized" on WE tv? It's about a family in economic crisis.

From watching it, they don't have a crisis, they are trying to live on way more than me and the Dh make, and the last time I looked, we were not doing that bad.

They had to cut they're eating out budget from $600/month to $200. Excuse me butt, $600 a month to eat out?

These people do not have an economic crisis, they have a stupidity crisis. And the Mom admitted, she did not like to cook and the family did not like to eat at home. *ROLLS EYES*

L144S
12-12-2010, 07:59 AM
I have been watching and yes, they have no clue. 7 kids in the house can mean large bills for things like eating out, but most of the kids are spoiled and no one seems to be making the kids cut lawns and so odd jobs. And her coffee habit bothered me along wthi the camp issue. I will watch it out. i
hope the family evolves to a cohesive unit willing to work together.

Eliana
12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
One of the worst I ever watched (not that show) was a family who didn't own any dinnerware. :rolleyes: They ate with paper and plastic every day. No one cooked and everything was take out. Mom spread out a paper table cloth and at the end of the meal everything was wrapped up in the table cloth and thrown away. Easy...but disgustingly selfish.

AND THEY WERE SKINNY!!! :tantrum:

suzie76
12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
I watched part of one episode. The mom or dad said that before they had to downsize, they spent about $16,000-$18,000 in each month. On what? For most people, that's close to what they pay for rent/a mortgage in close to a year!

Sherry

Wild Vulpix
12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
UGH. My boyfriend's parents, who can't afford to pay for his college education (even community college), spend $600+ a month eating out too. It makes me so aggravated. His parents, together, make $140K a year, yet they're struggling financially.

:) Sometimes I wish I could spend other people's money for them.

Amy8888
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I watch it out of morbid fascination. They continue to make stupid decisions. And why was it such a revelation that the kids could cook dinner? Why not make it part of a regular schedule? Why didn't Laura consider that people who run bootcamps tend to be certified fitness instructors? What happened to the cleaning business...did she just spend all that money to get it going then forget about it?