Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5'6''

Default Is this possible

To lose a pound a day? I weigh myself the same time every day and in the same exact spot and the same exact position....and I have lost 3 lbs in 3 days.........nothing dramatic just eating better and doing away with the soda and exercising for 60-90 mins a day............so am I going out of my mind or is the scale working in my favor for once in my life?
Robbynmarie k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

in the begining we lose lots of water weight, and sometimes it really is fat coming off fast depending on your exercise, calorie deficeit. i can happen, but the scale can also mess with you and say you GAINED 3 lbs from drinking water! water, calorie free water. and don't let it be that time of the month, jeez. so yes it's possible, but try not to put all focus on the scale. we just want a general downward chart. a little blip up or down is totally normal especially when we weigh daily.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

It happens to me sometimes - in fact my normal pattern is to fluctuate for a couple of weeks, and then lose several pounds over several days as a kind of prolonged whoosh. Then my weight bounces back up a pound or so, and then the pattern repeats.

The moral of the story is that what happens over a few days is extremely variable doesn't matter that much - it's the trends over weeks or months that matter. Your body is not going to lose weight in a monotonic straight line, a few ounces a day, like clockwork. There will be fits and starts - that's just how the machine works.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This is quite normal for me. I tend to lose one week out of every month and stall the rest of the month. So it is not unusual at all to see a one pound drop every day for four days in a row, but I will only lose that four pounds for the entire month.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote