Old 12-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #1  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Question "Collagen Packets" ex. Raspberry Jello - How Much?

I read in the Daily Chat yesterday that some of you were told to have the collagen packets like jello, pom drink etc. only once or twice a week!! I was NEVER told that, and have been eating jello once, sometimes twice A DAY!!!! I have only been loosing about 2lbs a week, (not that i'm complaining - its coming off!!!) but I have been sticking to strict protocol and I thought it would come off faster! Could this be why?!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

I was told only 3 times a week but that raspberry jello is sooo yummy its hard to resist!!
MaryKate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #3  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Yes I was told no more than 2-3 times per week. I would say that too much could be part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
I was told only 3 times a week but that raspberry jello is sooo yummy its hard to resist!!

I had the same issue! But a few days (maybe a week) there was talk about the homemade sugar-free jello and I've been making that with the sugar-free Kool-Aid. So Yummy!!! Hit the spot for me.
tbf410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #4  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

UGH!!! That is SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!! I am in week 5 here already!!! Not like this is cheap. I have 2 favorites that I eat everyday, Chocolate Drink & Jello with the odd other packet to change it up. I am a very "plain" person that thrives on routine, so I am used to having just the CD & Jello!!! BUT HAD I KNOWN I would have cut it back of course. Thank god for this site.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #5  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I've found that if I mix it up when I hit a plateau the weight starts coming off. I totally understand the need for routine, but make sure you try to mix up different foods it had definitely helped me
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/206.2/140

I asked my coach about this and she said there were no restrictions on them. She said she used them every single day, and lost all her weight (89lbs) in 5 months. I think its different for everyone.
Jaedee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

lesley! we are one in the same I am addicted to the rtd chocolate drink and the jello! YUMMY!! but i did get some things to switch it up a little this week got some variety in there this week we shall see how it goes but not those soups i cant do them! yuck! lol
MaryKate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Yes I was told no more than 2-3 times per week. I would say that too much could be part of the problem.

I had the same issue! But a few days (maybe a week) there was talk about the homemade sugar-free jello and I've been making that with the sugar-free Kool-Aid. So Yummy!!! Hit the spot for me.
Does the Knox and Kool-Aid jello have the collegen too??
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

My IP dr. told me the same and so did the person at the info session. I haven't tried either of the drinks with Collagen yet but do want to try soon. They shared that it was because it didn't provide all of the essential nutrients you need so you are depriving your body some what over time having it everyday but perfectly fine a few times a week.
kcjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #10  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
My IP dr. told me the same and so did the person at the info session. I haven't tried either of the drinks with Collagen yet but do want to try soon. They shared that it was because it didn't provide all of the essential nutrients you need so you are depriving your body some what over time having it everyday but perfectly fine a few times a week.
this is also what I was told. So, I guess if they are lower in nutrients it could be freaking out your body if it's not getting what it needs, which could slow your weight loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
lesley! we are one in the same I am addicted to the rtd chocolate drink and the jello! YUMMY!! but i did get some things to switch it up a little this week got some variety in there this week we shall see how it goes but not those soups i cant do them! yuck! lol
Regarding soups: I couldn't agree more! I never think of them as soup, I think of them as "food base". But if you either cook them up with mostly veggies they can make a great "cream of [veg]" soup. Broccoli works, cauliflower is good, leek is good (but not the IP leek, which is awful). steam the veggie, stir up the soup. Dump it all in a blender to make it creamy. Warm it up on the stove.

regarding the koolaid jello:
just be sure you are not using it in place of a packet as it doesn't have the protein, etc. It's a treat, not a meal!

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 12-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #11  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

I am going to try this week with no jello and see if that makes a difference. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

ALSO agree about the yucky soups. I made the mistake of trying the cream of chicken the first day I was on the program (and really nauseous) and I haven't had the courage to try it again! Lol
Old 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #12  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

I was told to be sure to have a collagen product every day to help with skin elasticity while losing all the weight...
OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #13  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I was told to be sure to have a collagen product every day to help with skin elasticity while losing all the weight...
I was told the same thing!
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedee31 View Post
I asked my coach about this and she said there were no restrictions on them. She said she used them every single day, and lost all her weight (89lbs) in 5 months. I think its different for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
I read in the Daily Chat yesterday that some of you were told to have the collagen packets like jello, pom drink etc. only once or twice a week!! I was NEVER told that, and have been eating jello once, sometimes twice A DAY!!!! I have only been loosing about 2lbs a week, (not that i'm complaining - its coming off!!!) but I have been sticking to strict protocol and I thought it would come off faster! Could this be why?!

Up until August of this year, both the pom drink and the jello were regular use items. ANYONE who trained for IP or dieted on IP was told to use them as unrestricted anytime packets. IN AUGUST, at the training conferences that information was CHANGED. There were specific conversations and information provided to those coaches who attended explaining that the Pom drink and Raspberry jello are not complete enough protein/amino profiles in IP's opinion based on the new direction and quality they are trying to attain. They advised them to be used only 2 to 3 times a week and if more they should be that "fourth", extra or, snack packet.

If you need to have it for collagen reasons, it should be an extra. If you really need collagen, talk to your coach about the medical grade collagen supplements or look for high quality collagen supplements at your health food store/source.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #15  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

Thanks Carla, as always. I dont really need the collagen, I just like the jello. lol