Soups, Stews and Chowders - Cauliflower soup recipes
* Exported from MasterCook *
Mock Potato Soup - 0 Points
Recipe By :Rosalie Kaufman
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : REG 6 Suzanne C.
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 large cauliflower, head -- broken up
1 large leek
salt and pepper -- to taste
broth -- to taste
water -- to cover
Cook all ingredients until vegetables are soft. Cool. Puree vegetables and retun to liquid.
You have a creamy white broth. After two days in the refrigerator and depending upon how hungry you are, it can almost pass for potato soup.
Submitted to REG 6 by Suzanne C
"Yes You Can!"
10-30-2000, 03:54 AM
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:15
1 head cauliflower
4 ounces velveeta low-fat cheese -- cubed
12 ounces evaporated fat-free milk
1 can vegetable broth
12 ounces potato -- cubed very small
1 teaspoon fresh thyme -- chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chives -- chopped
salt and pepper -- to taste
Cut cauliflower into florets. Put cauliflower and potatoes into large saucepan. Boil in vegetable broth and nonfat evap. skimmed milk for about 25-30 minutes. (Watch to be sure it doesn't boil over.) Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Use immersion blender (or use blender, in small batches) to puree the vegetables. Put back on burner on lowest setting and add the Velveeta lowfat cheese, thyme, and chives. Stir just until cheese melts, and serve immediately.
4 points per serving
Per serving: 223 Calories; 5g Fat; 10g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 635mg Sodium; 2g fiber
Cooking spray (I used a bit of olive oil and considered the extra calories)
1 cup chopped onion
4 cups chopped fresh broccoli (divided into 2 batches)
2 cups diced peeled potato
2 10 1/2 oz. cans low salt chicken broth (I used imitation vegetarian chicken broth cubes with water instead)
1 bay leaf (eh, forget about it)
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat-sharp Cheddar cheese (I used a cup)
1 garlic clove minced
1 can evaporated skim milk
pepper & salt
1. Spray pot, place over medium heat, add onion; saute 5 min. Add 2 cup broccoli, potato, garlic powder or garlic, broth and cook until vegetables are tender.
(If you are using the bay leaf discard after the veg is cooked)
2. Process the mixture in a blender until smooth. Do it in two batches.
3. Return the puree to the pot; add cheese, milk, pepper etc. and the remaining 2 cups broccoli. Cook over medium heat until the broccoli is tender, stirring cheese until it melts. If it is too thick add some water during the cooking phase, depends on how thick you like your soup.
4. It makes about 7 cups at 126 calories per cup (if you add 3/4 cup of cheese).
I made this soup earlier in the week and am making it again today. We loved it, it is really rich tasting. The recipe is from "Cooking Light", Sept. 1996, p.90
total fat 2g
dietary fiber 3g
calories 12.6% from fat, 51.7% from carbohydrates, 35.7% from protein
1 lean meat
1/2 non fat milk
2.5 points a serving
11-13-2002, 04:05 PM
I am looking for an OLD weight watchers cauliflower soup recipe. I remember it had dried milk, cheese, broth, nutmeg, white pepper, and of course cauliflower. I can not rmember the portions of any of it.
09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Broccoli and Cheddar soup- 2 points for 12 ozs.
1 quart (4 cups) water
6 cups broccoli florets
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 (10.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1. Bring 1 quart water to boil in large soup pot. Add broccoli and cook for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add broccoli and onion mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse blend into small pieces. Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan and mix well with a wire whisk. Add broth and next 4 ingredients and stir well. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli mixture and 3/4 cup cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Top with remaining cheese and serve.
Makes 10 Servings
Serving Size: 12 ounces
Nutrients per serving:
Total fat: 4 grams
Saturated fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 280 mg
Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Dietary fiber: 2 grams
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
I just made this cauliflower cheese soup and it is delicious! You really don't
even need the cheese, it just as good without it!! I also added some onions
and chopped celery when I cooked the potatoes and cauliflower just for
08-01-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm going to try this with broccoli since I don't have any cauliflower on hand.. thanks!
08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I have a good recipe. I call it cream of olive soup. It's low carb. Take a can of black olives. Take milk and heat in pot with velveeta cheese melting in milk and add black olives and cook and serve. Low carb you can eat fats just no breads and pasta. Its hard for me because Iam Italian.