Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/173/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Wish I had found this before I started MRC.

***I posted this is the general intro area by mistake, so I'm copying it here because this is where I wanted to post it. ***

I see that HCG is a prohibited topic. All I want to say is that I'm on it and I hate hate hate it! Really wish I had found this site before I joined MRC, but I went off my neighbor's experience and ignored my own misgivings.

Anyhoo....I did really well on the preconditioning. It was a livable, doable plan. I lost weight, felt satisfied & full of energy. The past two weeks have been dreadful!!! The menu is so BORING & so unenjoyable that I would prefer to be fasting than eat the things on this plan. Heck, all they had to do was tell me that eggs were required & I never would have done it! I hate eggs! And no, I am not going to choke them down for 4 weeks.

The ladies at my MRC are not supportive in a way that makes me appreciate their "support". I feel criticized. I plateaud on 800 calories after 1 week, but you know, it can't be the diet...it's all me...my fault. I'm not doing something right. One lady says I'm not eating enough and another tells me to cut back to 750. Both tell me "that's why you're not losing". The woman today "excused" me for not bringing my menu in with me, but warned that she would get "ugly" if I did it again. I graduated from Kindergarten a long time ago, thank you.

Soooo...I'm trying to look past all the nonsense & dreaded dreadfulness...and turn this into a success. I really want to lose this weight. I have already lost 40 lbs on my own and maintained for almost 2 yrs, but I was looking for a jumpstart to work on losing more.

I'm sitting here contemplating stopping the HCG right now & doing the preconditioning plan again for the next two weeks until I move into MetaSlim. I feel like I gave up all control over my diet & weight loss rather than obtaining the support & tools I really needed.

I'm a little discouraged, but I'm hanging in one way or another.

Anne-Marie
mom2giqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I am so sorry! This is the reason I have a hard time recommending MRC to anyone I know. I know you've spent all the money, already, but if you can, the real plan works very well and has lots of choices. You'll probably be able to find the menu in the stickies somewhere. In my opinion, 750 is too low and unsustainable. I would love to see what the success rate is in keeping it off. As it is, the regular plan is extremely low-cal as well, but I did it for 6 months and did well - you have less to lose than me.

Good luck making your decision!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #3  

Thanks, Debi. I'll look for that menu. --- Actually, I started out eating only 350-400 calories because I was disgusted by the "choices". I've had a hard time forcing myself to 800 calories. And still, I stopped losing weight, so I know there's more going on than just my calorie intake. But, you're right, it is unsustainable. It's completely impractical to my life too. I need more flexibility in my diet. I need to eat a reasonable amount of calories from foods I actually want to eat.

The good news is that my 12 yr old son who put on weight due to nasal steroids, is now tracking every morsel he puts in his mouth. He has lost 3.5 lbs in one week. He's setting his own limits & has displayed amazing self-restraint....without the agony that I usually put myself thru with denials.

Thanks again!

Anne-Marie
Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Talk to your family doctor. If he gives you a medical reason why you shouldn't do the drops (and I'm sure he will) then MRC HAS to let you out of your plan. Then you can sign up for something healthier and better for you.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #5  

Depending on who I see the next time I'm in there, I might bring it up.

I stopped taking HCG last night...didn't take my bedtime dose & I'm not taking it anymore. I prayed about it last night & again this morning. I should have trusted my initial feelings when my neighbor was on it. I didn't bother to ask MRC the questions in my own mind either. Suckered by the "promise" to lose up to 1lb per day. It would be different too if I didn't feel badgered when I went in there.

I'll finish out the HCG plan on my own terms if need be, w/o the drops.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #6  

Hi..
A gal at my center told them that HCG was not working for h er, and wanted to be put on one of their other programs. She insisited on it. She said it was not working for her and she was not comfortable being on it. They did let her do this and she is doing very well now. So, hopefully they will work with you, if not, maybe contact the main center via Internet. I wish you the best.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #7  

Thank you for that info, Patzi.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone.

I switched to Meta-Slim on Sunday. I went in on Saturday & actually saw the woman who I had the initial consult with. I told her it (hcg) was not working & I wanted to do something else. She agreed to switch me to the Meta-Slim & added on the 3 weeks of my hcg program to the Meta-Slim program.

Due to PMS water-retention & a flare in my RA, I was up 5.5 lbs since my last weigh-in (on Sunday when I weighed myself it was 6 lbs). Almost all the way back to the beginning for me. Well, after one day on Meta-Slim, I'm down 5 lbs. Hopefully, I will see more progress by the time I weigh in on Wed.

Of course, since my life doesn't fit into a packaged MRC box, I've got another struggle on my horizon. I have to make an impromptu trip to Indiana. I'll be gone for 3 days. I can spend my time with a dying relative or I can spend it chasing down & preparing special dietary items. I've already calculated what part of my menu is feasible, but my diet is NOT the priority on this trip. Don't know if the MRC people will get that or not. But I'll ask for feasible suggestions when I weigh in on Wednesday.

Anne-Marie
Old 12-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2giqm View Post
Thanks everyone.

I switched to Meta-Slim on Sunday. I went in on Saturday & actually saw the woman who I had the initial consult with. I told her it (hcg) was not working & I wanted to do something else. She agreed to switch me to the Meta-Slim & added on the 3 weeks of my hcg program to the Meta-Slim program.

Due to PMS water-retention & a flare in my RA, I was up 5.5 lbs since my last weigh-in (on Sunday when I weighed myself it was 6 lbs). Almost all the way back to the beginning for me. Well, after one day on Meta-Slim, I'm down 5 lbs. Hopefully, I will see more progress by the time I weigh in on Wed.

Of course, since my life doesn't fit into a packaged MRC box, I've got another struggle on my horizon. I have to make an impromptu trip to Indiana. I'll be gone for 3 days. I can spend my time with a dying relative or I can spend it chasing down & preparing special dietary items. I've already calculated what part of my menu is feasible, but my diet is NOT the priority on this trip. Don't know if the MRC people will get that or not. But I'll ask for feasible suggestions when I weigh in on Wednesday.

Anne-Marie
I hope they are caring and compassionate enough to understand. I always hide melba and dressing in my purse. (I know it sounds crazy, but I bought a vacuum sealer and started making little travel packets of dressing so I was never without mine but didn't have to carry a whole bottle in my purse.)
Hopefully you find a way to stay on plan, but if not DON'T WORRY!! Family is a huge priority but try to make yourself one too.
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #10  

Caring & compassionate does not describe my center. --- Flying puts some limits on what I can & can't take. I've already decided that I'm not going to stress over what I cannot control. I'm not going to overdo it. I'll probably under-eat if anything.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Caring & compassionate does not describe my center. --- Flying puts some limits on what I can & can't take. I've already decided that I'm not going to stress over what I cannot control. I'm not going to overdo it. I'll probably under-eat if anything.

That is too bad, the girls at my center are amazing.Caring and compassionate does not begin to describe them. They are gems and I could not have gotten as far as i have without them. Hopefully as time goes on they will get new girls in that can help you better. Hang in there.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #12  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post
I hope they are caring and compassionate enough to understand. I always hide melba and dressing in my purse. (I know it sounds crazy, but I bought a vacuum sealer and started making little travel packets of dressing so I was never without mine but didn't have to carry a whole bottle in my purse.)
Hopefully you find a way to stay on plan, but if not DON'T WORRY!! Family is a huge priority but try to make yourself one too.
Oooh vacuum sealed dressing packets! I hadn't thought of that!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #13  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Quote:
Knowing that you aren't going to stress over it puts you ahead of the game already. You are just making something else a priority for a few days. Focus on your family and MRC will be here when you get back.
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote