Weight Loss Support - One Day At A Time Plan - Wanna Join?

Dena
11-13-2002, 12:55 PM
The holidays are fast approaching. My plan is to take it one day at a time. Anybody wanna join me?

Goals: Daily Food Plan (Journal)
Exercise
8 glasses of water per day.

So far I've had a bran muffin for breakfast, 2 glasses of water and worked out to a video. The weekends seem to be the hardest part, but I know we can make it through those and the holidays without gaining. It's so easy to gain and hard to lose. Come join me in the "One Day at a Time Plan."

(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
11-13-2002, 05:30 PM
Okay, so I made it through lunch, now on to dinner. I should have called this "The One Meal at a Time Plan". I had a salad with Oriental Dressing, a Pizza-flavored Morningstar Patty and an apple. For a low cal lunch, it was actually pretty good. I'm up to 4 glasses of water and now I'm off to the gym. I'm going through a bunch of stresses in my life now, but I can't let them get me down. So I'm going to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. And exercise seems to help me get through it all. Last night I meditated. That seems to help, too.

(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-13-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll join but I need to start tomorrow. I have shot it for today. I will be staying in New Orleans tonight and I can't promise that I will be good. You never can be down there. I will be back at work tomorrow though. I will chime in when I get here.

Dena
11-14-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi Kempyd,
Glad you could join me. Wow, New Orleans! That's so cool. I've never been there, but from what I heard that's a fun place. The home of Emeril, too. Did you have a meeting there? I mean was this a business or pleasure trip? :)

Well, I made it through yesterday. One day under my belt. Had a healthy dinner last night and made my goals. It's funny how one day of being good can make me feel strong and in control again. On to today.

My goals for today are to journal, exercise and drink 8 glasses of water. I'll take it one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time.

My plan is not to gain this Thanksgiving. Let's see if that can be done. :lol:

(Hugs)
Dena

Kempyd
11-14-2002, 12:18 PM
I went to meat my hubby. He was haveing a NACE meeting (for work). All we did was have dinner at the hotel. The resturant was at the top of it overlooking the Mississippi River. It was pretty. A Carnival cruise ship came in the other night and it was docked where we could see it. It is the biggest ship in the world. It was quite large, and bright. All of the lights were on. I ate a 10oz Filet (awesome) plus cherry bread pudding. I told you I wouldn't be able to do it yesterday.

Today is going to be hard too. After work we are going to a Ducks Unlimited banquet. My hubby is going to be Chairman of our area next year and they are goignt o anouince it at the dinner. We are having Quail. I will try to be good until then but for dinner I can't amek any promises.

Dena
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi there, Kemp

It sounded like you had a great evening. And the filet sounded yummy, too. Speaking of cruises, my hubby and I went on a Carnival Cruise a few years ago and we had a blast. Needless to say, I wasn't even watching what I ate and the buffets were fantastic.

Then two year ago, I decided to get serious about my weight problem. I was about 180 lbs and finally lost 45 lbs. last year. Then out of nowhere I got really sick and was misdiagnosed a billion times and put on several meds, whick helped me gain 10 lbs back in a hurry. The med problem still isn't resolved, but I'm not going to give up trying to lose weight, although it's super discouraging at times. All I know is that I feel better when I try.

Have a great time tonight. I've never had quail. Let me know if it's good. And congrats to your hubby!!

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow night. Fridays are our date night. However, it's usually hard for me to be good on weekends. But I'm going to give it a shot. If anything, I'll just eat a little less if we go out to eat. Yeah, right, famous last words. :lol:

Okay, I'm off to the gym.

(If anyone else wants to join us, the more the merrier.)
(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-14-2002, 05:31 PM
I am evil on weekend too. I am sure we will be eating bad. We always do. Hubby likes me to cook though. He is out of town so much he has to eat out and he is sick of it.

It sounds like you did great on the weight lose. 10lbs is nothing when you have lost that much.

Dena
11-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Well, I met my goals for today. Had a good workout at the gym and made a nice dinner when I got home. It's so good to be back on track. I go to the doctor tomorrow and that's making me a little nervous. I never know how that's going to turn out. Okay, it's one day at a time. Think positive.

Kemp, can't wait to hear how the dinner went. So what did quail taste like? Chicken? :lol:

So I see you like to work out. What do you do at the gym? Are you at goal? You have a great picture, so you look like you are.

I better get going. It's almost time for "Friends" and "Scrubs." Those are two of my favorite shows. The other one is "The Sopranos." I'm propably the only woman that likes that show. Can't wait for Sunday nites so I can watch it. Oh, yeah, I also like "Sex in the City."

Talk to you soon.
(Hugs),
Dena

elizashae
11-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Hi! I'm new to the site but would love to join you girls. I pretty much have to take it one day at a time everyday!!

Since it's late in the evening, I'll post tomorrows goals:

drink my water
walk
no overeating!
write it all down

Tomorrow is a brand new day!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Heather:flow2:

Dena
11-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Heather,

So glad you could join us! Your goals are great! Great picture, too. We're definitely going to get through this holiday season together. I'm determined not to gain this year. And any weightloss will be a bonus!

My goals for today:
journal
exercise
drink 8 glasses of water
not overeat when we go out tonight
make it through the weekend with the same goals

Let's go for it!

(Hugs)
Dena :)

Kempyd
11-15-2002, 11:54 AM
Welsome Eliz!

I am not a goal weight. I keep flopping around on the scale. I really try not to get on it. BUt is is right in fron of my face here. I am the Executive Director of the gym. I pretty much take care of everything behind the sceens. Billing, ordering, hiring, inventory. Pretty basic stuff. You would like I would be one hot moma being here all the time but that is the problem. I am here ALL the time. I don't want to be here any more than I have to . Poeple don't leave me alone when I try to workout. I can't be mean and brush tham off b/c they are my job and I would like to keep my job.

The Quail was awesome. Yes, it did taste like chicken. It was stuff and smoked. I could have eaten a tone of them. Problem is they are kept whole so you have to watch out for the little bones that they have.

JoJoJo2
11-15-2002, 12:06 PM
I'd like to join this happy group. And one day at a time is what it takes. I try to be consistent with my eating and exercise.

My goals are: eat healthy foods and watch the portions, exercise, and drink that water. These are simple goals.

Right now I am trying to prepare for the holidays so that hopefully I will not gain then. So much of our lives and great events center around the dinner table.

Everyone, keep smiling -

Kempyd
11-15-2002, 12:59 PM
I think all of our events center around food. I never understood that. It seems like whenever the family gets together we are like a heard of cattle. We move around the room from food dish to food dish eating whatever is there. I don't even think we realize what we are doing. It is terrible.

Dena
11-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Welcome, Jo Jo, we're so glad you're here with us!! Good to see you again!! You've done absolutely great with your goals. You're right, the best way is to keep it simple, but consistent.

Kemp. I'm still laughing at what you said about family get- togethers and overeating. It is so true. And I can just picture it now. It's like forget the hellos and how are ya's and bring on the food. :lol:

Just to let you know, I just got finished doing an exercise video, took my vitamins (yuck, boy does the B complex taste bad) and drank 4 glasses of water, so I'm off to a great start.

Let's keep doing it!

(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-15-2002, 02:04 PM
That is great about the exercise. I think I might try to get some in to day when I get off work. Hubby is going hunting and bringing the dog so I don't have to worry about tripping over her. It will be just me and the cats. They could care less what I do as long as I don't bother them.

elizashae
11-15-2002, 04:03 PM
It does seem like everything center's around food sometimes. Especially when you begin a diet it's all you can think about and this is a hard time of the year to be good. I really would rather get a handle on it now then to wait till the new year with even more to lose.

I've done good today. Of course I still have dinner tonight. Dinner is my hardest time. Or really it's the time after that. I feel snacky. I'll get in my walk this evening when my husband can watch the baby. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work everybody:)
Heather

Dena
11-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Hi Heather,

Good for you for doing great so far. Good luck tonight after dinner. Think of us all trying to do the right thing, too. We can get through this together. You can still have a treat for yourself, just not 2, or 3, or 4. :lol: Your brain will tell you if you're doing the right thing. Keep up the great work!!

(Hugs),
Dena

elizashae
11-15-2002, 11:40 PM
Hope everyone had a good Friday night. My mother-in-law is coming this weekend so I won't be back till Monday!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Heather

Dena
11-16-2002, 12:35 AM
I just came back from dinner and we had a great time. It was really romantic and we had a great table by the window. I had a Caesar Salad, a slice of bread and coffee. I felt like I was in control, so I can say our group is really making the difference. One meal at a time, one day at a time. My hubby and I even walked by all the shops after dinner. Looks like everyone's starting to get ready for Christmas. The little Christmas lights and decorations were so beautiful.

My goals for this weekend are to journal, exercise (probably walk) and drink 8 glasses of water. That reminds me... I still have two more glasses to go. I better get chugging. Guess I'll be up all night going to the potty. Oh, well.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :)

(Hugs),
Dena ;)

JoJoJo2
11-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Hello, everyone -

And here is the weekend - weekends are a bit more difficult for me. I have no idea why since we are retired, but I have more difficulty staying on track.

We ate out last night - broiled chicken breast, mixed veggie salad with 1/2 T. dressing, mixed veggies, and 1/2 cup rice. Wasn't I good? The food was very good and I enjoyed it.

Everyone in this group seems to be staying in control nicely. It takes determination, perseverance, and consistency. Nice to meet you all. Dena, I do remember you from another thread - could it have been Christmas Lites a couple of years ago? How time flys when you are having fun.

Everyone - keep smiling -

Dena
11-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Hi Everybody!

I just came home from a great day of shopping. Already got some Christmas stuff, too. I'm an early bird this year. What a super day seeing all the little Christmas decorations in all the stores. I just love this time of year.

For lunch we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory, where I had half a Caesar Salad, a piece of bread and coffee. What is this Deja Vu? Whatever it is, it's my favorite lunch or dinner. Plus I still have the other half for dinner.

Going to relax with my hubby and watch some videos tonight. Boy, am I tired. So I'm looking forward to that.

JoJo, what a great dinner! You were so good! Thanks for the inspiration! I think we'll all do just fine this weekend. And yes, I was part of the Christmas Lites. I sure miss Joanie. Joanie, if you're reading this... come out, come out, wherever you are! JoJo, yes this site has been a real Godsend for me.

Heather, hope you're having a great weekend, especially with your Mother in Law visiting. Would that be a fun or trying experience? Whatever it is, remember it's all about one meal at a time, one day at a time. And we're a strong team. Go heather, go Heather, go Heather!

Kemp, how's it going with you and the cats. What kind of dog do you have? I love animals!

Okay, I'm ready to have my dinner now.

Take care, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

elizashae
11-17-2002, 02:40 AM
Hi Jojo and Dena!!

Sounds like ya'll are doing super! Woohoo! It feels good to do good. I'm sneaking in a late night post. Everything is going fabulous here. I love, love, love my mother-in-law. She's like another mom to me. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I know some people have trying times with theirs.
We also went and did some Christmas shopping. I love this time of year! Everything is so beautiful. I get this wonderful giddy feeling. I will always feel like a kid at Christmas time! I think sometimes I get more excited than my own kiddos.
Some more good news, I have totally stuck with my good eating habits!!! Even though we were out and about. I have to give myself a pat on the back for this one. Pat, pat, pat.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

my goals:
eat healthy with controlled portions
walk, walk, walk
water, water, water
journal

Heather~:spin:

Joanie
11-17-2002, 08:25 AM
Hey Kids....got up early just thought I would check in and see what was new....and lo and behold...my old pals Dena and Jojo....My exercise guru Dena....everytime I pop open a Diet Coke I think of you! :dizzy: So what is new? Looks like you guys are doing great....I am going to join you for your great Turkey trot....and then what do ya say we become the Christmas Lites!!!!
I am still battling this battle of the bulge....maybe this will be the time that I conquer it! Dena, I will drink 8 glasses of water, journal, and exercise daily, just because I know if I don't, I'll have to hear about it from you!!!!:lol:
Jojo...How is your son...the girlfriend...that whole story?
Hi to Heather...hope you don't mind if I join you....perhaps "but in" would be a better word!
Well kids....have a healthy day....I'll check back in soon....
Morrigan, Sheila...come out come out where ever you are!
Love you, Joanie

JoJoJo2
11-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Sunday is the first day of a new week, a time for new beginnings. My pledges to myself remain the same - eat healthy foods, exercise, and stay positive. Yesterday worked out OK - I walked at the mall and stayed in control of my eating which is often difficult to do on weekends.

Joanie, it is good to hear from you once again. And I hope everything is going OK in your busy life. Milestones in our family - our 56th wedding anniversary is coming up in January. That's a lot of years.

Everything else remains the same, and weight loss & maintenance are both difficult yet both possible. It just takes consistency. So let's stick with it.

elizashae
11-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone!! So good to see so many positive people!!

Joanie, so good to meet you!!

Jojojo, congrats on your upcoming 56th anniversary! That is so wonderful!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I'm still entertaing guests but I'll be in full force tomorrow!

Goals today:
water
no overeating
walking
journal

Heather

Joanie
11-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Wow....56 years....amazing!!! I always knew you were amazing! I just emailed Sheila from Michigan and told her to join us....hope she does....remember her "waistin' " away to fit in her wedding dress!!!
Hey Heather....thanks for the upbeat message....you sound like you are doing all the things I am dreamin' about doin"...oops...did I say dreamin'....I have to be careful because the Dena Police will be loggin' on soon...she always checks in by Monday....she's a take the weekend off from the computer type of gal....but before ya know it there will be a "I heard that" message....Ok Ok so I am not dreamin" I am doin"!!!!! Are ya happy Dena??? Teehee....See ya all....be strong! Love the soon to be incredibly foxy Joanie...PS...Don't ya just love water??? Aaauuuggghhh!!!

Dena
11-17-2002, 10:41 PM
Joanie, you're back!! Hey, but no whining about drinking water on this thread. You know it's so good for you, girlfriend. It's what flushes the fat right out of your system and makes you the foxy gal you want to be. So start chugging along with us. Go, Joanie, go Joanie, go Joanie, go Joanie!! So glad you're going to follow the "One day at a time plan." Like Jo Jo said it's consistency and persistence that gets us there. No more starving yourself to death. It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time. We'll get you looking super hot for 2003. :cool:

Jo Jo, HAPPY, HAPPY 56TH ANNIVERSARY!! Now that's just simply fantastic!!! Talk about persistence and consistency!! You're the queen! And super congrats to you for walking in the mall and staying in control. That's so hard to do with all those smells luring you to buy their product of the week. Super kudos to you, me lady! :queen:

Heather, you're just like me. I love Christmas time, too. I just can't get enough of the cute little lights and adorable decorations. I can't wait till all the houses have their lights on, so I can drive around the neighborhood and see who has the best one. Heather, You're doing great considering you have relatives visiting. :yes: Keep up the great work

Kemp, hope all is well with you and your cats this weekend. I miss you're fun messages.

Well, I'm so proud to say I made it through the weekend. I drank my 8 glasses of water each day (did you hear that Joanie --wink, wink), walked a ton and wrote down every morsal I stuck in my mouth. You gals really made a difference. I know it's because we're all trying this together that's making it a lot easier to stick to my goals. Thank you all so much!

Take care, everyone!

(Hugs),
Dena :flow1:

Joanie
11-18-2002, 06:59 AM
Good Morning All.....Welp the weighing of the whale has taken place, and I am hear to tell you that I weigh 238. Yikes....but that is ok, because that is my starting point and from here it will be an amazing downward spiral.....I can't wait!!!!! I am going to guzzle my 8 glasses of water, write down every little morsel that passes these soon to be skinny lips of mine, and hopefully get some walking in....If you can do it, well then by golly by gosh, so can I!!!! Thanks for listening.....onward and downward.....Love you all, Jh PS Have a Grrreat day!!!!!!! PS Dena....thanks :)

Arabella
11-18-2002, 08:54 AM
:wave: Joanie, JoJo, Dena - nice to see you, girlfriends! Hello to everyone else... Oh, you may not recognize/remember me. I was "babette" in my former incarnation. Amarantha (formerly known as Crone) and I are posting on the Great Turkey Day Challenge thread. It would be fun to see how long a string of Christmas Lites (new and old) we could get together!

JoJoJo2
11-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Heather, Christmas time is such a wonderful time of the year, and I hope you had an enjoyable time with your guests.

Joanie, we all have to start somewhere. Just take it a day at a time, which is how we have to livelife.

Nice to "see" you too, Arabella. I postedwith Amarantha for a while on various challenges, but I caution you, I have macular degeneration and really cannot read the small print and some color combinations. Regular print I have no trouble with.

Everyone, just stick with what you know works for you, since you are the most important person in this weight loss journey. Us females are the "caregivers" of the universe but sometimes we fail to take proper care of ourselves.

On to a new day, sip that water, and keep smiling -

Kempyd
11-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Sorry, I don't get to check in on the weekends. But that will be changing this week. Our computer should be in either today or tomorrow. YEAH!!

I would like to strick the weekend form the record. Can I do that? I ate terribly. I really don't even what to tell you guys.

I have 2 cats (Sparticus & Hera) both are srtay cats. One I just got from the pound. My dog is a Lab. She is much better now that she is out of heat. I though it was bad for me having to go through4 days. She was bleeding for 14. YIKES!!! She just came home from a hunting trip with hubby. He said she did great. I am glad that all the money we spent for her to go to duck school was not wasted.

Dena
11-18-2002, 12:47 PM
For any newbies out there, that have had it with all the diets and all the starvation plans and picture another year of dreariness and sadness, come join us friendly, fun-loving gals. We're a very supportive, positive group that are changing our habits little by little each day. We are feeling so much better, feeling pretty proud of ourselves and making our minds and bodies happier, too. We're doing it in a simple way, one step at a time, one meal at a time and one day at a time. We try to set goals for the day and we try to attain them. For example, my goals for today are to drink 8 glasses of water, write down everything I eat (portion control) and exercise. So far I've had a huge bran muffin (low in fat, but tasted great), drank 4 glasses of water with those yucky tasting vitamins and exercised for 1/2 an hour. I'm on my way to a great day.

Kemp, so glad to see you!! Hey, I love labs. Sorry your baby went through such a horrible 14 days. Man, can you imagine if we had periods that long. Yowsers!! She sounds like a smart dog, too. What's her name? Hey, about the weekend, forget it and move on. This is a brand new week. Have fun at the exercise place this week, muscle woman. ;) What kind of exercises do you do there when you get a chance?

Jo Jo, you are so right, I do take care of everyone else first, and sometimes I get lost in the shuffle and become overwhelmed with it all. Another goal for me this week is to be kind to myself and to do a little more pampering.

Joanie, get off that stupid scale. All that does is make you feel worse. I'm not getting on it this week. I'm feeling pretty frisky now that I'm trying my best and attaining my goals for each day. I'm not going to let a stupid scale take that feeling away from me.

Heather, how are you doing today? You did great through the weekend. You go, girl!!

Babette, great seeing you again!

Well, it's time for me to get all my stuff done around here.

Take care, everyone
(Hugs),
Dena

TaraMae
11-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Hello and I wanted to write and introduce myself as I am beginning anew today. I continue to diet and then "fall off the wagon" and gain more and more. I am at my highest and have never weighed this much until I was ready to give birth to our first child. I have been really down and wanting to make a life change so that I enjoy a very long life. I want to lose about 50 pounds and realize that I need to make smaller goals because that one is too far off and I have little patience and get discouraged easily. It's nice to find a place like this to talk with others about similar struggles. Thanks, in advance, for all of the encouragement....and Dena...my goals for today : 1)drink 8 glasses of water, and 2)refrain from sugar and pop (big one for me, I'm a sugar junkie). I will keep you all posted. Thanks so much and have a blessed day.
Tara

Dena
11-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Tara, so glad to have you here with us! :) Your goals are really great ones!! I'm trying to stay away from sugar, too. We can try this one together. You know what, we've all felt like you're feeling right now... like you're the heaviest one in the room and everyone is looking at you. I decided it was enough of that and had to try something different where I had control for a change, Setting smalls goals each day and taking it one day at a time is getting me there. It's gonna be a brand new you in 2003!

(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-18-2002, 01:43 PM
The dogs name is Echo. We choose mythological names for our pets. Echo was a wood nymph, Hera was the mother of Zeus and well, Sparticus isn't really mythological but hubby loves the movie.

When I am weight training I have a pretty intense weight schedule. I like to do 1 or 2 body parts a day. I try to get in at least an hour of cardio a day. I get pretty bored on the treadnmill so I jump around onto diff. machines that we have. Lets make this point clear, WHEN I am working out. I havn't been that dedicated since last year. I get easily overwhelmed and stop but I am working on that.

Tara - I have a seriouse sweet tooth. One of the bad items on the menu this weekend was circus peanuts. (My mom can be thanked for this one)

TaraMae
11-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Dena, thank you and I appreciate your encouragement. I've been close to tears lately and I don't know what else to do but make a change and eat healthy and exercise. I am the very last person to take care of myself....I care for others all day....not only at home but at work (I'm a mental health therapist). And at times I get so angry at myself and say horrible things. I know better than this it doesn't help... However, I just finished a perfect zone meal and am very proud of myself. It was yummy too! My husband has agreed to eat Zone healthy too which will help and my two kids love fruits and veggies so that is helpful also. Thanks so much dena for your kind words....it's a blessing that I found this site. I'm looking forward to seeing that brand new me in 2003! Have a wonderful day.
Tara

Kempyd
11-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Good Luck Tera in this. We are all here for you. I know I need all the support that I can get. Dena is right I can't do anything about this past weekend, but I can take the steps to making today better. I have gotten a good start. I had a small wheat bagel with f/f cream cheese and a glass of grapfruit juice for brk. For lunch I am having a sandwich (homemade) - low cal. Italian bread, two slices of turkey, one slice of cheese and some baked sour cream and onion chips. Water is not a problem for me, I drink at least two 32 oz cups a day. It sits in front of me so I drink it. Dinner I havn't even thought about yet. Just like the thread says, One day (meal) at a time

Dena
11-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Tara, we're all here together and we're gonna make it happen. I know what you're feeling right now, because I've been there, too... helping everyone else and putting myself down for not being perfect. Isn't that funny? We can be super kind to others, but not to ourselves sometimes. Well, this time we're going to be kind to ourselves by taking care of ourselves. We're going to do for ourselves what we would do for a child that we love. We're going to teach ourselves healthy habits a little at a time. We're all doing this together, Tara. And it's going to happen this time.

Kemp, you're breakfast and lunch sound great. My mouth is watering. :D I'm going to the gym this afternoon, so I'll be thinking of you. Wow, an hour of cardio. I'm super impressed! You're going to have to teach me how to scupt the different body parts. I just work out on a few machines and really don't know what I'm doing. But I do get in 30 minutes on the treadmill, then work out on machines and do 15 minutes of breathing/stretching exercises, so I'm there for about an hour.

I've got the washer and dryer going, so I'm stuck here for a while. So I'm off to clean the house.

(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Dena I will be glad to help you just let me know what body part you want to work on. And don't say all of them. He-He I have kind of made a little library for myself with articles from past magazines I get. When I get bored with a certain exercise I look in there for something else to do.

elizashae
11-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi Ladies,

How is everyone?
Just wanted to say I'm also staying away from sugar and it's been difficult. That is my one weakness.....
Instead of walking later on today, I'm planning on jogging!! I really want to see some weight loss before the New Year! So wish me luck!!
Other than that I'm drinking my water and no overeating!
Need to journal though.
I think I'm going to be able to do this with all of your help. It's so great to have people to fight this battle with! We will win!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Heather~

TaraMae
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Hello all! I have had a good day and have ate very well and am drinking my water. Thanks for all the feedback and I know we can all do this.
Heather - congrats on your accomplishments and I agree with you I think that journaling would help me too. I've heard it's an effective weight loss tool. I'm going to give it a shot.
Dena - thanks again for your support , you've helped me through a difficult day. I am envious of your motivation for exercise, I'm not there yet...want to get the eating thing down this week and then add exercise next week.
Kemp - thanks for your encouragement also...your energy is amazing and I hope one day to feel that way. I'm sure I will look ask alot of questions from you next week when I begin the exercise part of my new healthy lifestyle.
Again, thank you to each and every one of you....you helped make my day more successful. Have a great evening.
Tara

JoJoJo2
11-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Just checking in -

I have had a good day. I have eaten healthy foods, watched the portion size, walked at the mall, drank my water, and stayed positive in my attitude. That is important, too.

TaraMae, you sound like you are in good control.

Heather, just staying away from sugar is a great accomplishment, good for you.

Kempyd, you sound like a real exercise buff. I myself hate to exercise, I have to make myself do it.

Hey, Dena, cleaning house is a necessary and good part of life. It burns some calories and makes everyone feel good. I bet your house just shines.

Everyone, if you have had a good day today, good for you. If your day today was less than perfect, tomorrow will give you an opportunity to begin again.

And keep smiling -

elizashae
11-19-2002, 12:43 AM
Tara,

So nice to meet you! I was overweight when I got pregnant with my son who is now five months. So I've got all this weight sitting on me. I also want to lose 50lbs. I'm doing this for myself but I'm also doing it for my babies!! You can do this. Hang in there!

Heather

Joanie
11-19-2002, 07:43 AM
Morning All....Sounds like everyone is doing great....just for today I am going to eat well....guzzle water like there is no tomorrow and stay away from sweets. I have a lot going on this evening, so I probably won't exercise, but I will try. I am not going to beat myself up though if I don't get to it, because I will have done the eating right and the water thing.... be strong!!!!
Question: For those of you who are "No Sugar" people....tell me what that entails...hate to be stupid...I look at it like trying to get smarter! Have a great day y'all! Joanie

Joanie
11-19-2002, 07:46 AM
No scale, no Diet Coke, what is left? C'mon girlfriend...next thing I know you'll have me exercising regularly :p ...Heehee Love you..Jh

Arabella
11-19-2002, 08:15 AM
Hi All!

I've been following the newer version of the glycemic index diet, which deals with the amount of carbs in a typical serving. This one explains why, for example, carrots, which are high on the glycemic index, are actually a good thing to eat. At last! Here's some info:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/article.cfm?id=48

I find I have more energy, am clearer headed, and in a better mood when I follow these guidelines.

Have a fantastic day, All.

Dena
11-19-2002, 10:15 AM
Hi All.
It'a a brand new day! And I'm in control. so I feel great. How's everyone else doing?

Kemp, please help me with exercises for the hip and thigh area. Thank you so much!

Heather... Jogging, awesome, girlfriend!!

Tara, good going for being in control!

Jo Jo, I like your idea of staying positive!

Joanie, looks like you've got it under contol, too. One step at a time. About the sugar, the glycemic index explains it nicely. It's all about getting and staying healthy. "Sugar in my lips, goes straight to the hips." Studies show that sugar gives you cravings to eat more carbs. Then it's hard to stop.

Arabella, thanks for the Glycemic Index!

OK, all, time for me to exercise to a video. Have a great day!
(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
11-19-2002, 10:27 AM
I forgot to write my goals for today.

1. Drink 8 glasses of water.
2. Joural
3. Exercise
4. Do something nice for myself
5. Think positive (Thanks, Jo Jo)

(Hugs),
Dena

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Ara - is that like a diebetic diet? My mom used to do that when we were younger. I think we were all pretty healthy back then. I don't know what happened to us now.

I did pretty good yesterday after I left work. My 3:00 snack was a fruit smoothie w/ protein so that helped kill the hungery for a while. Dinner was a large romain salad, roma toms., artichoke hearts, feta cheese, sliced alomonds, Olive oil Italian dressing and a small bowl of homemade chili.
Brk. was same as yesterday and lunch will be left over chili w/ small bit of cheese and some crakers.
Me bieng lazy as I am I didn't get up this morning to do Pilates. I will force myself tomorrow. I need to be awake for my doc. appt.

Dena - what are you looking to do for your hips and thighs tone or reduce?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Dena
11-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Kemp,
Good job on the food! Your food always sounds so good, too! I want to reduce and tone. I've still got a tone of flab. Thanks, muscle gal.
D. :)

morrigan
11-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi Ya... It looks like I'll be back for awhile.

After a low of 145 in August of '01 I am back to 194 with a cute little baby boy in tow. All the books say losing weight is a piece of cake while breastfeeding, but they don't have my mom, dad, and grandma cooking for them all the time. My folks took 6 weeks off to come stay after the baby was born and all I did was hold steady. Now they are back in Seattle and I am trying to get control of things before the Holidays.

Nice to see you all about again! I am staying at home till January and not getting the exercise I should.

-wendy

Dena
11-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey Wendy.
Glad you could join us! We're gonna look hot in 2003!
(Hugs),
D :)

Arabella
11-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Morrigan! Welcome back - and a big congrats on your baby boy! (I was formerly known as babette). Crone is around too, although in the guise of Amarantha. And was Eydie one of our former group? I can't remember.

Don't worry about just getting started. I (for one) have been pretty much holding the line since last we spoke. What better time to get going!

Kemp, yes, it's a better worked out version of the diabetic diet. Based on the idea that some carbs cause us to store fat way out of proportion with the calories because of the effect on insulin production (I think that's more or less the idea...)

JoJoJo2
11-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Congratulations on the baby boy, Morrigan. That is great.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great with this one day at a time thing -

I just got back from walking at the mall. I do not like to exercise so when I do I feel a bit smug about it all. It's good for me, I do know that, and I feel better when I get it done.

Now on to a day of eating healthy food, controlling my portions, drinking water, and staying positive about it all. We can do this if we keep at it.

Arabella
11-19-2002, 02:13 PM
JoJo, I'm just wondering if you've been exercising for a long time. I have a theory that people used to get a lot more exercise in their day-to-day activities and never had to think about doing it on purpose. I know my mom has trouble exercising. She was a nurse, and had 10 kids, so you KNOW she never had to think about it when she was younger. At the same time, though, I wish she would now, because elsewise she will soon become incapacitated.

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 03:11 PM
JoJo I have to push mysself lots too. I know how hard it is to get motivated.

Mor congrates! I am not brave enough to have a kid yet.

Arabel how much are you looking at losing right now? Have you made a big lose before.

Den - tell me alittle about what you do right now for your legs. Are you able to get to a gym? Do you have any physical limitations? How long can you spend doing weights? How do you split up your weight routine? ( which body parts do you workout together)

Dena
11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Kemp,
I'm going to the gym this afternoon. Only limitation is my right arm, otherwise legs are fine. Since, I haven't been doing too many exercises involving weights, I should start at the lowest level.

I usually get on the treadmill for 30 min. Yesterday I did 45. Then I go on a stairstepper for about 10 minutes. I work out on a few leg machines, sort of like the thigh master. :lol: Then I do body flex... a breathing/yoga type thing. So I'm at the gym for at least an hour. Sometimes I really need to motivate myself to get to the gym, but when I'm there and see everyone else working out, I get super inspired.

Thanks, D :)

elizashae
11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

Sounds like thing are off to a good start today! Woohoo!

Arabella - you sound so dedicated with your way of eating. I'm getting there.

Dena - so upbeat and positive, love your postings!

Morrigan - Hi! So nice to meet you! I have a five month baby boy and I'm trying to shed these pounds as well.

Jojo- way to go on the exercise! Keep it up:)

Kemp - Sounds like you are doing wonderful. I have a question for ya, does pilates work for you? I'm tempted to try.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I've had two doctors appointments this morning so I feel a bit frazzled. I have my head on straight enough to have stayed on my diet!! Yea!!

Let's see, goals for today:

Jogging!!!
water
no overeating
journaling

Keep up the good work ladies! I'm so proud of you all!!

Heather~

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 03:38 PM
I honestly have not had a chance to do Pilates, I have a dvd but it is still on thop of the tv. I have heard lots of great things from it.

Dena - try doing a leg press machine. See if your gym has one that your can change the weights by moving the pin instead of adding plate weights. Put your feet about shoulder width apart and a little further up on the machine. When you go down make sure you are going into a good squat position. This will tone the eniter leg. Also try a laying leg curl. This will work you hamstrings. Be sure to do all of your stretching afterwards too. Lots of peolpe, includeing me, have tight hamstrings so keep them stretched. I don't want to tell you to many b/c I don't want you to get to sore. I don't think you are a sicko like me. I like being sore. I know I did something.

Dena
11-19-2002, 05:04 PM
Kemp,
Thanks for the info. I'm on my way now to the gym. You're the best!
D.:)

Dena
11-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I just got back from the gym and feeling pretty frisky. I not only walked on the treadmill, but jogged (thanks for the motivation, Heather!). Plus I did my regular routine and added a set of leg crunches (thanks for the info, Kemp!).

Oh, by the way, everyone with two names, which do you prefer? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Elizashae or Heather
Ara or Babette
Morrigan or Wendy

OK, I'm off to cook dinner. Have a great night, guys!
(Hugs),
Dena :)

elizashae
11-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Hehe...

Heather is fine. I bet it gets a bit confusing, eh?

Way to go Dena!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

I'm off in a bit to jog. Good evening and a wonderful attitude to you when you wake up tomorrow!!

Heather

Joanie
11-20-2002, 07:19 AM
Hey Gang...Babs, Dena, Ol' Less-again, Crone, Jojo...the gangs all here....I am feeling a string of Christmas Lites comin' on strong...before we know it Old Sarge Val N. Tiny will be back...yikes...

Good Morning Heather and Tara too!

OK, right to business...Morrigan...Congratulations...A bouncing baby boy! details details please...Name, birthdate, length weigth etc.etc....Isn't labor a scream???Haha...

I have been hangin' in there drank H20, ate well and stayed strong....today I will do the same! Have a great day, all of you! Joanie

Dena
11-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Joanie. Ol" Sarg Val N Tine,----those were happy times--- You're doing super! Love Ya, D. :)

Dena
11-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Hey, Everybody!

It's a brand new day! Got a lot of stuff to do today, but I'll check in later.

My goals:
water
exercise
journal
pamper a little
think positive

(Hugs),
D. :)

Kempyd
11-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Good morning all. Even if it is a litlle late. I did it, I got up and did Pilates. I like it I will just have to get used to some of the movments. I will have to train my animals to, when I am on the floor it is not time to clober me. As soon as I sat down my 70 lbs dog tried to sit in my lap head first. Once she calmed down the cat started and wanted to go out. When I had to lay down the dog yet again come over and this time layed down on top on me. I don't think that is one of the exercise that I am supposed to do.

Food last night was good. I cut up some left over steak, cooked it down and had it over top of a big salad with all the helpings. The one bad thing was one macaroon. Brk. was a bagel w/ f/f cream cheese and a glass of milk. I know that lunch will be a 6" turkey sub with mustard and veggies and wow doritos. I love those things.

Is everyone having a good day?

Arabella
11-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Plunking in my plan - this is my challenge for every day, although some of the goals are weekly.

I'm following the glycemic load plan:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/article.cfm?id=48

and haven't been counting points or calories, trying to eat when hungry and not otherwise. I have been strictly following my rule of not eating other than at the table when I'm alone, which is CRUCIAL to my avoidance of binges (not to mention the sneaky calories that get in otherwise).

I walk at least 3 miles a day, sometimes considerably more, and try to do a set of yoga and one of tai chi each day, as well as first thing and last thing qi qong from time to time. I do circuit training 3 times a week. I am thinking of adding in a little more intense exercise, which I think would really speed up the weightloss.

I take in 2-3L of water a day, and aim for 9 fruit and veggie servings.

I've got 3 weeks in following this plan, Yay me!

Also, I'm trying to work on the aspects of my life that need work, because I think that if everything is in balance my weight will get there too. So I'm trying to fit in more fun, spirituality, creativity, time with friends, etc.

Kemp, here is the story of my weight problem:

I was overweight as a child, from about grade four on. When I was about 14 I lost weight and was either slim or overweight, but within 20-30 pounds (not obese, in other words) from then until I was 34 - 14 years ago. That was when I met current DH and the pounds slipped on over the years until I realized I'd gained over 70 pounds (all the while "trying" to lose weight :rolleyes: ). My has always bounced up and down according to what I was doing. I'm determined to end this sad story with a triumph. I know I have all the tools I need at my disposal, and I WILL do this! The most important thing right now is that I've simply changed my habits. I will always follow this way of eating, and will always continue to exercise, so those pounds are ...uh... toast.

Dena, I'll answer to babette or Arabella, doesn't matter. I chose the latter name because I think it has a more powerful sound and I need the power!

Heather, I'm looking forward to doing a little easy running again, soon as I get a bit more weight off - I don't think my poor feet and knees could take the "poundage" right now :eek:

Everyone: Let's make this a fantastic day!

Kempyd
11-20-2002, 02:44 PM
Arabel :eek: Wow you have some great determination. I wish I could borrow that for about a week.

Dena
11-20-2002, 07:06 PM
Just checkin in~~

Heather, I love your attitude! I love how you set goals and attain them. You inspire me to continue! :bravo:

Kemp, wow, pilates! I'm so impressed! You know your pets know what their doing. Aren't they smart?! Just like kids wanting your attention. You gotta love 'em. :) (By the way, Kemp, please tell us about you and your weight loss. You have so many great ideas! :strong:

Ara, I just love your new plan and way of thinking. Thank you for the Harvard site. I really needed this information. And kudos to you for the amount of water and exercise you do. You're right! You will succeed! And I'm so happy we're doing this together. :cp:

I met my goals for today! You guys are my inpiration. Thank you!

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Let's keep on keeping on~~~~
(Hugs) D :)

elizashae
11-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Wow, it's been a very busy day. I'm just now slowing down and I almost went into the kitchen and did a very bad thing...instead I got on the computer and came here and after reading everyone's posts.....THERE'S NO WAY I'M SCREWING UP!!!

Joanie - way to go, stay strong and keep drinking that water!!

Arabella - you will be jogging in no time. Especially with your determination. Very inspiring! It took me some time to get there as well.

Dena - You go girl!! Way to go with reaching your daily goal!! Woohoo!!!

Kemp - Way to go with the pilates, let me know how it works for you! Your picture is beautiful by the way!

Ok girls, I met my goals....so I'll set some up for tomorrow.

Goals:
water
no overeating
no sugar
jogging

We are gonna get there!!

Heather

K, I'm going to try and paste a picture of my doggie. Her name is Maggie. She's like another kid to us:)

Joanie
11-21-2002, 06:43 AM
Good Morning All....I have no time to type, but I just wanted to tell you all I am still here and that I am trying trying trying....I loved reading all of today's posts....Babs you inspire me....The pets and Pilates story was a real picture....reminds me of toddler days...Have fun everyone....I am going to be good today so I can tell you all that tomorrow!!!! Be strong...Joanie

JoJoJo2
11-21-2002, 09:10 AM
Heather, that looks like a nice doggie. Does she help you exercise? I like pets, we have a nice black cat named Jethro, but he sure doesn't help me with my exercise a bit.

Here it is, another day, and we can make it a good day for ourselves. We are in this together, but it is up to each of us as individuals to stick with our program of healthy eating and exercise. The benefits are quite obvious - a longer, healthier life.

So let's stick with our program and stay positive -

TaraMae
11-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Hello all! Sorry I've been missing for the last couple of days. It's been a little wild around here and I'm finding the busier I keep myself the less tempted I am to eat/binge. I have had a great week so far and feel amazingly more alert and more energetic. I have refrained from regular pop and sugary items. I am proud of myself (yeah). I have been following the zone and feel great and it's pretty easy to follow also. I struggle with getting the water in however I know it's just a matter of taking time to drink it. I find I drink 16 oz. on the way to work and if I keep a water bottle around me at work I will sip on it throughout the day. It seems when I get home that's when I struggle with not getting the water in....since I only work 20 hours a week, home is where I am at most often....so I need to make a conscious effort to drink all the water.
I hope all of you are doing well. My goals today are : 1)to eat according to the zone, 2)drink 8 to 10 glasses of water, and 3)do some writing in my journal.
I haven't written in my journal for a long time...but I am struggling with negative and insecure thoughts lately and I think it would really help to journal it. I feel so determined to continue living a more healthy lifestyle....I really feel I have no other choice...I continue to eat and live as I was ...which leads to irritability, lack of energy, insecurities...or I chose a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight and feel great! Sounds reasonable to me.
Thanks for all your support...I read this site often and get so much inspiration here....you are all awesome! Have a wonderful day!

Tara
217/?/165 ( I think I did this right...starting weight/current weight/goal?)

Dena
11-21-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey all,

Please bear with me today, because I'm typing with me left hand. So I'll have to make this short after this one. Some of you remember i was in the screenwriting biz. Well, I got really sick last year. Deathly ill... taken to the hospital by ambulance.... Misdiagnosed a billon times... from saying it was a horrile flu with karpel tunnel to a black widow spider bite (never even thought I was bitten, so how could that be?), given all types of meds/tests & now we think I feel ill and cant use my rt hand and arm that much due partly to the stress of dealing with fast-talking, lying, cheating producers, agents, lawyers.

Kudos to those who make it in Hollywood, but it's s at a price. Maybe that's why their life is still so messed up once they make it. At least, I got to go to some pretty exciting and nerve wracking meetings at Universal. Paramount, Warners. Miramax, etc. Even went to exciting award events. Went on the Golden Globes stage and visualised me holding an award. Even got to hold an Oscar and visualized. :lol:

Anyway, drs orders to not type and get into some other biz. I go to yet another doc today.

Goals for today:
Exercise
Drink 8 glasses of water
Journal
Pamper... I did my nails yesterday
Think positive

I love you all. Lets keep on keeping on.

Kempyd
11-21-2002, 01:03 PM
Wow dena that job sounds cool. Did you get to work with many famous people? I don't think I have been within 10 feet of any one famous.

Every on sound slike tehy are doing great with their daily goals. Mine are usually just to not eat tons of food.

Ok, here is the weight lose story..... I was alwasy a heavy child. I started to lose weight around 8th grade but was still the big girl in school. (My father pasted away and that started a very bad way of looking at food.) Even though I was about 130 in High School I was still thought of as a little heavy. I started getting into aerobics once I graduated and started to put on a little muscle. I had a good base from taking danceing at an early age. I notice that I could gain muscle really fast but the fat was still laging behind. I went through what I think all young girls went through. Not eating enough about once a day but when I did watch out. It was going to be a whole pizza by myself. I kept this up until I meat my hubby. He got me really into the weights b/c he saw my potential. I started to look a little scary. Not to bad but I am sure if I would have kept lifting I would have frightened small chidren. Of course I got comfortable with my hubby and I strated to eat more. I hated cardio so I wouldn't do it we just lifted weights. I worked at a gym then too. Boy then I started getting bigger. We lived in Florida then and got into partying alot. Drinking doesn't help weight either. Right b4 we moved from Florida I got a little depressed and went on a bigne eating frenzy. I got up to 168 which is my heaviest. I know that is not very high but for me I felt terrible. It affected everything I did. When we moved back to our home town I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything b/c I felt so bad. I got this job in Sept of last year and came every day to workout b/c I worked at night I could get it done first thing. That is when I was doing 30 min of weights and 1 hour of cardio. I lost weight all right. I got down to 149. Iwas feeling more comfortable about myself and I was proud of myself for doing it. I switched to the day shift b/c I really need to be here during the day to take care of the financial business. I stopped working out and the weight has come back. Now I am at 160. It is not all back but I don't want to give up I would love to be down to 149 again. I felt good there. I made a relization last night while I was talking to hubby. The reason I lost weight wasn't just b/c I was working out so hard. I wasn't eating enough. Thatis not good. I would work out go home and eat a sandwich or 4 eggs and that would be it until I go off at 9PM. Then I would hae a smoothie and a luna bar for dinner. That is not nearly enough. This time I want to do it right and eat healthier.

Sorry for babbling but you asked for it.

Kempyd
11-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Eli, cute little dog. If I knew how to shrink my pics down to a better size I would post them. They always post HUGE. I have no idea how to do that. If you can give me some pointers I can post my babies.

Dena
11-21-2002, 04:06 PM
This message was typed by my left hand~~

Kemp, yes, please post them.

Heather, what a cutie! I just luv animals!

Tara, so glad you're hanging on with us. You're doing great!

Jo, yes we are reaping benefis.

Joanie, excellent job!

C'ya,

Arabella
11-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Heather & Kemp - you're both GORGEOUS! :eek:

Thanks for the weight story, Kemp. Always interesting to see what leads us here. It's such a curse to be obsessed with the whole deal. I know what you mean about feeling like you're heavy at 168. I used to be miserable about my weight, self-conscious and ashamed when I weighed 160 - never realized that I wasn't actually overweight. Now, 160 is my goal - I know I look great at that weight. I'm tall and pretty muscular. But what a waste of time and mental energy feeling crummy about what we weigh!

I think I'll just note whether I managed to get through the day OP or not in here. The details are in my journal if anyone wants to see.

Dena, thanks for the update on your screenwriting career. I remember how frustrating all that bs was for you last year. What was a nice girl like you doing in a place like that, anyway!

JoJo, my cat doesn't help me with my exercise much either, unless increasing the difficulty level by jumping on my back counts...

Joanie, 'atta girl! You keep on trying trying trying! OR, you could just say: There is no try, there is only DO. (I'm sure I'm paraphrasing Yoda here)

Cya soon!

Kempyd
11-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Alright guys I want to post some pics but this new computer in my office has some weird program on it and I am scared that you won't be able to see it if I post. If you guys want to pm me your e-mail address I will e-mail them seperatly. Sometime computers make life more dificult, don't you think?

elizashae
11-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Okay.

Today was not my day. My husband and I are stressing about money and I made it worse by blowing my diet. I had mexican fast food and a huge coke. Not even a diet one.

My body isn't responding well either. I've had all that junk outta my system for sometime.

Here's to better days. I love coming on this board and feeling the enthusiasm that comes with it. Ya'll rock!!

Jojo - you have a wonderful attitude and yes I take my doggie with me jogging!
Tara - sounds like you are doing good despite your down feelings lately. Find the time to journal so you can reflect. You owe it to yourself! I'm finding out the hard way that I should have done this as well!
Dena - I'm sorry about your arm! What a life though! It's so different than mine! Sounds exciting!
Kemp - Thanks for the story, it's good to know a bit more about everyone. I'll put mine in as well sometime soon.
Arabella - I've also recently looked back at all my different sizes and realized that 150 or 155 is a good goal for me. At the time I felt I needed to lose too. Right now I'd give anything to be back there! We're gonna do it!!

My baby is crying so I gotta run. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Heather~

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Good morning everyone. How was your evening and morning? I am proud of myself I got up and did my Pilates. I did a more advanced version. It was actually easier for me. Go figure.

Last night was pretty quiet in my house. I cooked red beans and rice for dinner. I am in cajun country so not to blow my own horn but it was gooood. I love to make it so when hubby asks for it I jump to it.

Heather I am going to e-mail those pics from my work e-mail today. Keep an eye out.

I will check back in later.

Dena
11-22-2002, 12:29 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Goals for today
exercise
journal
8 glasses of water
pamper
positive attitude

It was hard for me this morning. wanted to eat this house. The new pills the dr. gave me made me ravenous today. Had to stop myself before it got out of control, so I came here to my pals. It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time. Let's keep strong.
Luv D :)

JoJoJo2
11-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Dena, you are so right when you say "It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time."

That is exactly what we are doing as we live our lives. If we manage to stay focused like that, of course we will succeed.

My goals today: eat healthy, exercise, drink that water, and keep focused. Is everyone else focused???

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Did you make it through ok Dena? I hate times like that. it takes all I have not to tear the kitchen apart. If I don't give in to what I am craving and try to eat something else it just makes it worse. If I just eat what I have been after I will stop with the cravings.

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Let me see if this works

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Yeah!!!!! The yellow one is mine her name is Echo. The choc. one is my father in laws her name is Lexus

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 01:33 PM
This is of her showing off what she learned at duck school

Dena
11-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Yay! Guess what... I just got finished doing a Richard Simmons exercise tape, drank 6 glasses of water with my vitamins and wrote everything down. I'm back in control. (And it took everything I had to get in control, too, but I did it!) I got through this morning thinking of my pals. Thank you all so much!

Kemp, I just love your baby and your father in law's baby. They are both so beautiful.

Heather, I love your baby, too. Such a sweatheart.

Jo Jo, thank you for your words of inspiration.

Ara, how are you doing? Thank you for your kind words.

Joanie, where are you? I miss you.

I'm so excited now, because my hubby just called and reminded me it's Friday... our date nite... going to go out to dinner tonite. I promise to be good, because I'll be thinking of you guys.

Luv you all, D :)

elizashae
11-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Oh wow! I see you figured out the pics kemp. Your babies are beautiful!!

Dena, that's how I felt yesterday. Ick. Sounds like you are right on track now! Way to go!

Jojo - your words were right on track! We will succeed if we take it slow. Hence the whole reason for this board!

We can do it! We are doing it.

I feel so much better today!!

Goals:
NO overeating
water water water
jogging
journal

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!!! Dena have fun tonight!

Here's a picture of my baby boy and his first taste of cereal!

Dena
11-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Heather,
He's so cute and loving! What a beautiful baby boy! Heather, I'm so happy for you. You have a great weekend, too.
(Hugs),

Arabella
11-22-2002, 03:51 PM
quick update:

Still doing well. Today makes 21 days OP :cb: :cp: I'm feeling like curling up on the couch with a bad of cookies, but ... since I don't eat other than at the table - not gonna happen.

Off to a dance tonight, i intend to work off a lot of cals that I haven't eaten.

Take care, all!

Dena
11-23-2002, 01:31 AM
Checkin in~~

I had a great nite tonite, managed to eat right and stayed within my day's calories by not eating lunch. I counted this morning cals, which were about 500 cals, had no lunch and a very nice salad for dinner. I got it all under control afterall.

Thank you all for your concern and help. We're going to get through these holidays and sometimes stressful times together. (Heather, I've got financial stresses, too, so I know what you're going through.)

Arabella, hope you have a wonderful evening tonite!

Happy Weekend!
(Hugs),

JoJoJo2
11-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Just checking in -

It's been a pretty good weekend for me. We had a big snow which was welcome because we really need the moisture. This put everyone in a good frame off mind.

Now into the Thanksgiving week. It's a time to think of all the things tha we should be thankful for - family, friends, life, so many blessings that have been showered on us. Think positive.

And let us all remember to eat healthily at all the festive meals that are confronting us this week. It is possible to make pretty good choices. One doesn't really have to swim in the turkey gravy, really.

Let's just continue to take it "one day at a time....."

Dena
11-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey, hey, hey!

It's a brand new week! One filled with excitement. Getting everything ready for a happy turkey day! I'm like a little kid counting thd days to a an exciting event.

Jo Jo, I'm so happy for you and your winter wonderland. Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for.

Kemp and JoJo ane anyone else that wrote, I'm sorry we lost your messages over the weekend with the new server. I always love reading my pals' messages. They always inspire me.

Kemp, how was Mexican restaurant night? Fun-filled with Margaritas? I'd love one right now. :lol:

Guess what?! We bought one of those cute optical fiber trees... the ones that light up, have their own balls, and spin. It's soooo cute and I don't have to do any decorating. The best part is no clean up mess. :lol: My hubby already put it up. Hey, it must be Christmas!!

My goals for today:
exercise
drink 8 glasses of water
enter my calorie intake on fitday.com
pamper
be positive

Okay, I'm off to make this a great Monday.

Luv, D :)

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 11:42 AM
D, I think I had to much fun. I was on the couch all of yesterday nursing my hangover. I know I won't be drinking for a while. YUK!

I finsihed a challenge on one of the other threads and it didn't go to well. I am holding water weight (TOM) and it looks like I put on 5 lbs. I am hoping that I can hop on the scale tomorrow and it will be gone. At least 4 lbs of it. Really ther isn't anything I can do about it, just wait it out. My goal is to drink enough water today to flush out what is being stored right now.

Brek. was a pb sandwich. Just a small amount of pb though w/ a glass of milk. Lunch will be red beans and rice.

Dena
11-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Kemp, I know how you're feeling about flushing it out today. i have to guzzle to make up for my Saturday's fiasco. I still feel sick like a hangover, too. Maybe this is good that this happened to me before the holidays, to remember how bad it feels and not to go there again. I love that thin feeling when I eat well. So I'm gonna do that today. And I'm gonna have to enter my cals into fitday.com. It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time.

Luv, D:)

Dena
11-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Okay, I exercised, drank 9 glasses of water so far, wrote down my bran muffin and coffee, thinking positive and I'm going to go out a walk in the brisk air filled with sunshine. Going to do a little pampering, too. All this and it's only 9:20 am. I'm baaaaaack.

elizashae
11-25-2002, 03:41 PM
Hi girls!!

Sounds like ya'll are on track and ready to go. I'm getting ready to head outta town for the holidays. I do plan on being good until Thanksgiving, but I'm gonna splurge on that day. I will be checking in from my MIL's computer though!!

I'm also about to start the pill and I'm hoping that goes well. I asked for Yasmine because there isn't supposed to be weight gain with that one. Wish me luck!

Have a wonderful day!!

My goals are kinda different today:
Water, but not to much since I'll be on the road.
No overeating
Jogging(yep I'm gonna squeeze it in!!

Heather~

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 03:43 PM
Heather you will have to let me know how those [ills work. I am going to switch to them when I go back to the doc. next month. I heard they don't make you retain water and you have no PMS. It kind of sounds like a miracle pill to me. lol

Dena
11-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Hey Heather,

Great to see you today! Have a wonderful time over the holidays! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to you checking in.

Okay, I just came back from my walk and have more determination than ever. I lost 45 lbs. before with determination and am determined to lose the last 10 lbs. I know I can do it. It feels sooo good to do good. Plus it helps to see the difference in inches and lbs. I will count every morsal, drink water, exercise, pamper and think positive. I will do this!!

And I will have a super Thanksgiving. We're leaving Thursday morning and am soooo looking forward to Thanksgiving and will feel great when I come home.

Let's keep keeping on!

sheila_220
11-26-2002, 07:37 AM
just dropped in to see a few old faces (that's christmas lites faces). joannie said she found you and i wanted to see how everyones been doing.

it's been a long time since i posted, still working on it, one day at a time atleast.

JoJoJo2
11-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Just a few random thoughts -

We have so much to be thankful for, and this week is a week to remember. We are alive!! let's be thankful for that. We also have our family, our friends, our neighborhood, our nation, our faith. We have our memories, our dreams, our hopes.

Having said all that, my thankfulness does not give me the license to pig out on pumpkin pie. No, I will firmly say - "It looks delicious, but please give me a very, very small piece. Thank you."

One day at a time, all through this week. And keep smiling -

Dena
11-26-2002, 12:09 PM
Morning Everyone!

I'm happy to report that I only had 1212 cals yesterday, drank like 13 glasses of water, exercised, thought positive (I believe in myself!) and pampered myself with lots of fragrant lotion. That was yesterday.

Today I already did 1/2 hour this morning of exercise, plan to go to the gym and have had 4 glasses of water with my vitamins. I did all that by 7:45 am! Now on to a great day!

Jo, yes we have a lot to be thankful for. Yes, to be alive! Our country is still in shock over Sept. 11 of last year. I'm so happy to be alive after my ambulance experience. With all my pain and meds, I've had a traumatic year to say the least. God will get me through this. I want to follow your lead in staying positive.

Sheila, great to see you again! How have you been?

Kemp, How are you today? Are you leaving town, too?

Heather, are you getting ready for your trip? Tell us more!

Joanie, I miss you!

Ara, tell us more of your new lifestyle. We would like to learn new habits, too.

Tara, hope you are doing well.

Morrigan, love to hear from you.

I'm very thankful to have met all of you wonderful ladies. You are so special to me!! You inspire me!

Only a couple of days to Thanksgiving!

Let's keep on keeping on!

Luv, D :cool:

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Talk about being inspired, Dena to me you are mine. You always seem to have the best outlook. You seem to stick to your goals and you have everything under control. When I get going good something knocks me down again. I wasn't feeling to good yesterday so I didn't get a chance to exercise and also this morning was out of the question. I still wasn't up to par. I am just not having a very good me day. I am kind of down on myself about lots of things. I am blaming these thought on PMS. It has to be all of the hormones raging. Still it doesn't help my mindset.

Yes, we are leaving to go to north Louisiana tomorrow morning. We are all going to be fighting over beds so we have to try to bet everyone up there.

I'll be checking back in during the day.

Arabella
11-27-2002, 07:44 AM
Just want to pop in to say hi :wave: I'm into my dreaded end-of-month workathon. Deadlines - if I don't get it done before the end of the month I can't bill for it, so it's crucial!

I am happy to report that I lost 2 more pounds this week! It's working!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Beautiful Americans!

Amarantha2
11-27-2002, 10:53 AM
Yo!!! Just realized from Arabella that there are lots of posters here from the old Christmas Lite thread, so I wanted to say :wave:!!!! I be Amarantha now but used to be Crone!!! Also :wave: to all the great newer 3FC posters that are here!!! I've been hanging on the Great Turkey Time Challenge thread ... here be my stats that tell o' my Personal Transformation Challenge. Just started to lose again finally using WW at home. Late getting outta here but wanted to say :wave:

Amarantha's Transformation Challenge

Starting Weight of Personal Transformation Challenge: 166.5
Current Weight: 163
Transformation Challenge Pounds Lost: 3.5 :cp:
Highest Weight Ever Recorded: 247
Lowest Weight in Adulthood: 101 (Too Low)
Lowest Weight Since Major Weight Loss Intiative Approx. 5 Years Ago: 142
Pounds Gained Back: 24.5 :nono:
Great Turkey Time Challenge Goal (revised]: 164 (MET AND EXCEEDED)
Christmas Challenge Goal: TBD
Ultimate Goal: 135 (and then maintain within a four-pound range)

Amarantha's Motto: "MINE GOAL BE MINE!!!

Dena
11-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry it took so long for me to get here this morning, but I was at the DENTIST (the day before Turkey day) getting a crown.

This is a left-handed message, so bear with me. Yesterday i had 1121 cals , drank 10 glasses of water, exercised, thought positive and pampered (found a new fragrance that I liked and sprayed myself and enjoyed the smell all day).

Today I had my bran muffin, went to the dentist for 2 1/2 hrs, drank 4 glasses of water so far and will go to the gym this afternoon.

I'm so excited about tomorrow! We're going out of town early tomorrow, staying at the Hilton and either going to have room service or eat at their luscious buffet (or both). How untraditional, but so much fun. And the next day were going to the finest department stores and be the first in line for all the sales. I can't wait! Now that's a dream come true for me!

Kemp, wow, thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad I met you. You are so funny, smart and real! A rare combination. Hope your feeling better today.

Ara, congrats on your weightloss. So is your new plan following the glycemic index and just eating at the table? Do you count anything?

Amar/Crone, so good to see you again!

Here's wishing everyone a VERY HAPPY THANKSGVING!

Gotta get ready for tomorrow.
Luv D :cool:

Dena
11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Just found out we have reservations at a luxurious, fine dining restaurant at 5:00 pm instead. This is a not a buffet afterall, but a wonderful turkey dinner! This is so much better and I get to get dressed up! Now what to wear?! I'm so excited!!

Luv :cool:

Joanie
11-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Hey Gang....I am so excited to read all of your posts....Tomorrow we need to start the Christmas Lites!!!! I have had a wild week...my brother was hospitalized with a ruptured appendix....very scary, but we brought him home today Praise the Lord....So, I haven't even thought about my dieting....or weight control program....I will weigh on Monday and see how things are going. Crone and Sheila great to hear from you oldies but goodies....you are required to join Christmas Lites...ha ha!!! Well everyone have a great Thanksgiving...yep even you Canadian gals! Be healthy...Love Joanie

Dena
11-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Checkin in ~~

I had 1304 cals today, drank 10 glasses of water, exercised for an hour at the gym, thought positive and pampered myself by doing my nails.

It's all about one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time.

sheila_220
11-28-2002, 06:15 AM
just checking in to wish everyone a happy turkey day!!

Dena
11-30-2002, 12:52 PM
Happy post Thanksgiving and onto a wonderful holiday season!

This is the most wonderful time of the year. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

I had a great Turkey Day, drank plenty of water and my hubby and I did a lot of walking in malls, so we got our exercise in, too. :) You know, because I've been taking it slow and easy, I don't think I've gained weight. At least, I didn't have to unzip my pants in front of the TV this year. :lol:

I've been trying holiday dresses at the mall, and I would like to be another size slimmer for my hubby's Christmas party, so it's time to hit the gym. Everyone's heard that I've had some medical probs lately, and I want to show how healthy I can look. I want to surprise them and me. :)

My goals:
journal
exercise
drink water
think positive
pamper

Here's to a great day!

sheila_220
12-01-2002, 04:15 PM
It's snowing like crazy here and with car trouble i'm stuck at home until my dh can fix it tonight. Then i get to go to work in this snowstorm, I work midnights. I"m gonna ride my bike soon, of course i could always just go shovel snow for exercise but it's still coming down and it just seems like to much wasted effort. It's bad enough I work at a gas station and spend most of the night mopping the floor. Anyways, hope eveyone is doing good.

goals for today:

drink lots of water
ride bike
journal

Dena
12-02-2002, 12:54 PM
Good Morning. Everyone!

The day before yesterday I had 1100 cals and yesterday I had 1600! I ate 3 little rolled coconut date thingies with an almond on top that totalled 130 cals a pop. I shoulda looked at the cals on the box before eating them. Oh, well. But I did drink my water and walked outside for at least 30 minutes both days.

Now on to business today. I had my breakfast, took my vitamins, drank 4 glasses of water so far and off to exercise.

Sheila, sorry you're stuck home with car trouble on a crazy, stormy night. Wow, you work at a gas station at midnight. I admire your courage. Hope you had a nice, warm comfy bed when you got home. Your goals are great!

Let's keep on trying. One step at a time, one meal at at time, one day at a time.

Kempyd
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I am swamped at work but I just wanted to pop in.

AAUUUGGGHHH! I gain 5 lbs these last few days. I guess I need to be in overdrive now. I can't afford to put on 5 more at Christmas too.

I'll be back a little later to chat with you guys.

sheila_220
12-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm really tired today. Didn't hardly sleep yesterday, then worked all night and i'm home alone with a 4 year old who I can't seem to convince to take a nap. I guess theres gonna be no sleep for me until the older kids get home from school. hope everyone is doing good.

Dena
12-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Hey Everyone!

I forgot to mention I had a great Thanksgiving with the hotel room and nice dinner... my reward for staying alive during the ambulance fiasco and medical mystery with a lot of docs since Sept a year ago.

Well, this week I go to two new doctors. One in town and one out of town. You know all of these docs are so pompous and think they're so great. I think they're a bunch of idiots who are guessing. They're using me for a guinea pig.

The last one who gave me the new meds said, "Don't worry, it'll be like having a beer." It's more like I've had a lobodomy. I don't know if I'm coming or going. I keep asking myself what is my name? I know it starts with a D. Is it De.... cember? :lol:

Kemp, so good to see you!

Sheila, I'm sorry you're stuck home alone with a 4 yr old who won't sleep. And that you're not getting any sleep. I'll say a prayer that it gets better.

I get frustrated typing with one hand, so I start typing with two. Now I've got ice on my rt. hand. I never learn.

I won't be able to check in tomorrow morning because of the dr's appt. I'm a little nervous meeting the new docs. Please say a prayer for Tues and Wed new Dr. appts.

Luv you all. D :cool:

I had to edit this message. You shoulda seen it before. These meds are a hoot. :lol:

Kempyd
12-02-2002, 04:05 PM
I just popped in to say I have a goal for today. This may sound crazy but I am going to stand more. I know it burns more cals than sitting so I will be up all day.

I did good with food. Chex cereal w/ skim milk and lunch was a turkey sub on wheat with wow doritos and a diet coke.

Dena
12-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Checking in ~~

I had 1298 cals, drank 8 glasses of water and exercised yesterday. On to today.

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Dena how do yoyu find the time and patience to count cals? I think I would lose my mind if I tried to do it. I have a hard enough time making myself workout much less count things.

Dena
12-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Kempy, I know fitday.com is driving me nuts lately. I'm going to see how long I can do this without going insane.:dizzy: I know there's plenty of books out there that could make this a lot easier. I'm starting to memorize cals and that helps, too.

Great idea about standing yesterday.

My goals today:
journal
water
exercise
think positive (I can make things happen!)
pamper (I repolished my chipped nails-does that count?:)

D:cool:

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
My boss is going to kill me. I put another bowl of Choc. on the counter yesterday. It is bigger than last years bowl. I had a fun sized Kracel after lunch.

Dena
12-03-2002, 05:12 PM
I could use one of those Krackels right about now.

Kempy, you never told me how your Thanksgiving was. Did you get the good bed?:lol:

Jo Jo, where are YOU? I miss you.

Heather, How was your Thanksgiving. I miss you!

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Thanksgiving was fun but it got a little crowded. We had 16 people at one time all the time. Some nights we had 20 or more staying. It can be fun but you can never be alone for longer than it takes for you to take a shower. All I can say is, I am glad Thanksgiving is only once a year!

Dena
12-03-2002, 08:18 PM
I'm glad Thanksgiving is once a year, too.

Now with the craziness of Christmas shopping and all the yummy food calling my name, I'm sorry to say that I'm also glad that the holiday season comes once a year. Otherwise, I do love Christmas and all the lovely decorations.

Okay, time to fix dinner and count how many cals I had today. Catch ya later.

D :cool:

Dena
12-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Good Morning, Everybody!

It's a brand new day!

My goals:
food journal
water
exercise
think positive
pamper

Yesterday I had 1500 cals (little higher than usual). was at the gym for an hour and drank 8 glasses of water. Yes!

Luv, D :D

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 12:08 PM
I am setting a goal of getting my house cleaned tonight. We are having company in tomorrow and I want it to smell good. My girl friend will be there by herself Friday morning so I would hate for her to have to look at a messy house. The men are going to our camp in north Louisiana to go duck hunting. This is the last weekend for it so this will be the last weekend he will be out of the house. I am glad of that. I miss having my husband around.

jeris
12-04-2002, 12:22 PM
I'd love to join your group. I restarted WW 2 weeks ago. I've been doing pretty good but I need the help and motivation of others.

I retired about 6 months ago and put on more weight in the process. Food is too easily available. When I retired I also stopped going to WW's. Baaad mistake.

Now my goals are to keep within my target range, ALWAYS keep a journal and exercise when I can.

I'm 54, married with two grown daughters and one lovely grandbaby.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Glad to have you Jeris. These ladies are great motivators. I have come to really lean on them since I started with them. Everyone has goals and that makes me want to have some too.

I know you will get all the help you need here.

Dena
12-04-2002, 12:54 PM
WELCOME, JERIS!

We're glad you could join us! Great goals! It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time. Good luck at Weight Watchers.

Dena
12-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Kempy,

What a great goal... cleaning house. Come over and clean mine when you're done. :lol:

Is your Christmas shopping done yet? My hubby and I had a blast last weekend. I guess I went kinda nuts with the presents. :D

You asked if I've seen stars some time ago and I forgot to answer. I've seen and worked with many of them. And most are really nice. Some that I worked with that are super nice are Bruce Willis, Arnold S. (I'll be back!) and Tom Hanks.

Talk to you later.

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 01:45 PM
I LOVE ARNOLD. I would love to just be able to toch him. lol For the longest time we had one of his bodybuilding posters on our fridge. I know it sounds weird but I think he is sexy.

I havn't finish shopping yet. I am planning on getting most of it done this weekend. I need to mail presents to California for hubbys mom and aunt.

Dena
12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
Kemp,
He was smoking a cigar after a scene we had together in Twins (in a convenient store scene). He placed the cigar butt on a counter next to me and left it there. I wanted to take it for memorablilia. But I didn't. (Didn't want to seem too star-struck.) How cheesey was that idea?!

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Were you actually in the movie. If I watch it would I be able to see you? Did you touch him. He-He! I love big guys like that. I guess it is a good thing, my hubby is pretty big. We both like to workout with weights.

Are we the only ones here during the day? Maybe we have a few luckers that are scared of us. lol

Dena
12-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Yes, I was actually in the movie with him and Danny De Vito (another really nice guy and really funny, too). No lines this time, but I had to win the part over like a thousand women. It's like that here. You can see me if you don't blink. :lol: I'm wearing a green shirt, brown jacket and jeans. They wanted us to look western, although I'm a city girl at heart. And no I didn't touch him. I didn't want to look insane (and they would have thrown me off the set if I did). Oh by the way, he was so nice. He signed lots of autographs for the kids waiting outside. Other actors in other movies I was in wouldn't do that.

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 03:28 PM
That is really cool. I can't wait to tell ny hubby that you were in the movie with Arnie. I will pay attention next time it is on tv. I comes on all of the time. WOW, I know a star!!!

Did you get paid for the part. I was alwasy curious to know if they pay all of the extras too.

sheila_220
12-04-2002, 03:47 PM
I finally got my alternator fixed on my car (the new one cost 150.00). went and loaded up on groceries and my car wouldn't start, the starter went out (just my luck). good thing my husband works close by. so I'm home with no car but i have the night off work to catch up on sleep and lots of healthy food in the house.

jeris
12-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks Kemp and Dena for the nice welcome.

Glad to join the group.

So far today, so good.

I was shopping and for lunch I made sure I had something that was easy to count. .
I find that if it is too dificult to count I sometimes don't. <<grin>> Waited until I came home @ 3:00pm for my mid afternoon snack (Just 2 Pts Bar).

Jeri

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 06:22 PM
How in the world did you find something healthy to eat while you were shopping? I will need to find out b/c I am going shopping Friday.

Dena
12-05-2002, 02:20 AM
Today I had 1311 cals, 6 glasses of water and like 4 cups of coffee at a restaurant. I also exercised to a video this morning. Pampering myself consisted of snatching a quick spray of perfume at a dept. store before the saleslady had a chance to rush over. I'm fast. :D

See ya tomorrow a.m.

jeris
12-05-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Kempyd
How in the world did you find something healthy to eat while you were shopping? I will need to find out b/c I am going shopping Friday.

Well, I didn't say it was healthy -- but it probably was -- I had an A&W chicken grill. I know the pts of those. It's just a chicken breast with a roll and a little bit of lettuce and tomato. Can't go wrong with that.

But it can be a challenge eating at the mall.

jeris
12-05-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm off shopping again today, but my goal is to go up and put on my exercise clothes and walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

When I'm busy with everything I tend to put off exercise but today I'm going to do it!!!

Dena
12-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Good Morning All!

Happy Thursday.

My Goals for today
journal food
water
exercise
pamper
think positive (smile!) :D

Jeris, what a great idea about the A & W grilled chicken sand. Sounds yummy. And congrats on treading for 45 min. Excellent!

Sheila, sorry about the car. Hey, but the good part is you got to get some zzzz's. :yawn: Good for you for having healthy food in the house!

Kemp, Everybody gets paid if they sign a contract. You get paid according to your status... whether or not you have an agent and/or if you belong to AFTRA and/or SAG (unions). Kempy, is your house all spiffy? You got one mo' day. :lol:

Okay, I'm off to take my vitamins, drink some water, eat a healthy breakfast and then exercise.

Luv, D
:cool:

sheila_220
12-05-2002, 10:52 AM
I'm feeling much better today. Did a long upper body workout lastnight and rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes this morning. I'm feeling full of energy.

todays goals:

drink lots of water
stay active
eat healthy meals
get nap before work tonight

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 11:03 AM
I kind of cheated last night with dinner. I had to make a quick one and Joe wasn't home so I ended up eating cheese tortillini w/ spag. sauce and shrimp. I had to get to the grocery b4 my dog started to eat me. I ran out and all she had was half of what she usually eats. I also didn't clean very well. I am the queen of just clean the surface. It looks clean but if Joe really looks I am sure he will see that I didn't do a great job. Sometimes he is such a perfectionist.

jeris
12-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Sheila, I just finished the treadmill and I feel great. You'll be energized when you are done.

Dena
12-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Jeris, what is xanga.com? That site won't come up for me. Is that your web site?

morrigan
12-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Hi again: I meant to start back up and just put it off again. Yesterday for example. I had a great 1st 1/2 day and then had ice cream and chips. Yuck. I am really glad to be breastfeeding or I probably would have gained weight since pregnancy.

Vital stats are this. I got down to 144 summer 2001. I was up to 176 by New Years 2002 and promptly got pregnant topping out somewhere around 225. I am at 195 right now and have been since about 1 week after the big day.

I am bummed that dietwatch died on my computer and now they charge $. It is a great program - but I can't afford to pay to diet right now. I switched to 3 hour work days from here to eternity and am in the last month of 3.5 months off work for baby play time.

I have only made it to the gym once ~ but have no excuses. We didn't cut the gym out of our budget and they have free daycare there. I even called and asked how old kiddo's could be and they said they once had a woman come to workout 2 days after giving birth, but they wouldn't recommend it.

So my plan is to start one day at a time and just count days. That worked really well for me a few years ago. I would sometime get 10 - 20 days in a row of good eating.

So here is to day 1. It is 7:54 am. I have not made it down the stairs yet. I weigh 195. My goal is to be under 160 by September when DH and I will start trying for #2.

-wendy, morrigan, either name works

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Wendy you can do it you have plenty of time. Just make small goals for yourself. Like today mine is to stay away from the stupid bowl of choc on the front desk. What makes it worse is I can see it from my office. It is colorful with all of those holiday colored chocolate MMMMMMMM! I know that isn't great big goal but I know from experience I have to do small things or I freak out and eat everything I touch. One tactc I use is gum. I have been known to chew gum for hours b/c if I stopped I would eat everything. Good luck Wendy!

Dena
12-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Hey Wendy, so glad you're back with us! We're all gonna get through this together. It's really a tough time of the year to try to lose weight. If we can set small goals and attain them during the holidays, who knows what we can do when they're over!

Anyway, glad you're back!

Dena
12-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Okay as for me~~

I went to the new docs. Both very nice and intelligent, for a change. The problem in my rt. hand and arm boils down to hypertension and STRESS. But they prescribed Different meds!

The one doc in town seems to be smarter than the rest here, but away from the best hospitals.

The other guy out of town is there with the best hospitals (he's actually in a med clinic/hosp setting) and probably with newer info., but like 2 hrs. away.

They both want to see me again in about 6 wks.

If you were me, who would you go with and/or what would you do? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Do you need to be in the hospital more? If you don't have to go very often I would pick the doc that is closer. Personally I hate to drive. Two hours out of your live for a doc is a long time. YOu know it will be longer too b/c no one goes to the doc and get called back at the scheduled time so you are actually wasting 4 hrs drivind and probably 30 mins waiting and then you visit will be 5 mins. To long for me. (Can you tell I don't like docs to much lol)

On a lighter side I am glad your visit went well.

Dena
12-05-2002, 05:12 PM
Kemp,
What I meant was one is more involved in a "research" hospital.
Thus making him more accessible to more current information? He's the one further away. Decisions!

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Boy that is a toughy! The close one has a hard time getting current info? It is a shame that you can't do research and bring it in with you for the close doc so thathe could make an educated decision about what the next step should be. I hate that you have to make this sort of a decision. I wish you didn't have to go through it at all.

Dena
12-05-2002, 05:36 PM
Kemp, thanks for your input. I've been in pain with my rt. hand and arm for over a year now. All the docs that I've gone to here have misdiagnosed the cause. I finally found two that agree, but prescribe different meds! Yes, it is a struggle to make a decision, especially when you're in pain.

JoJoJo2
12-05-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi, everyone. I've been missing due to computer problems, which seem to be fixed, at least I hope so.

I did really well through Thanksgiving and all its temptations, and I even cooked an 18 lb. turkey for the family feast. The remainder of that turkey is sliced into nice little portions and safely stowed away in the freezer for my future healthy meals. And I even ate a portion of turkey dressing, which in my humble opinion is the absolutely best part of the whole meal.

And now here comes Christmas, another holiday which centers so much around food. Oh, well, I enjoy Christmas, and plan to stick pretty much to my healthy eating. The joys of the season can be centered on faith, family and friends . And we take it a day at a time, don't we?

And let's keep smiling -

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 06:14 PM
I am kind of glad we didn't bring the remains of Thanskgiving home. They tried to send it though. It wouldn't have been so bad if we had turkey left. We had of course those great pies and cheesey things and breaded things. Good thing it didn't come home!

I will be roasting a turkey for dinner to night and I plan on just eating that with some veggies so lets all keep our fingers crossed for me tonight.

jeris
12-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dena
Jeris, what is xanga.com? That site won't come up for me. Is that your web site?

Dena,

Xanga.com is a site that hosts diaries. The site is my day to day weight loss diary. Try it again, it was working, however, they do have problems from time to time.

morrigan
12-05-2002, 10:24 PM
Day one a success. 1205 calories ~ I am planning on more, but I am OK with that for today. I made it to the gym for a 1 hr pilates class. The plank kicked my a**.

I am hoping that staying accountable with a group will keep me on target.

Thanks!

Dena
12-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Checkin' in~~

I had 1398 cals, exercised, drank my 8 glasses and smiled a lot today. Still have to pamper. Then I've met my goals!

sheila_220
12-05-2002, 11:54 PM
well today went great, even got a long nap in. Didn't eat much, but i really did sleep most of the day, got up at 8 a.m and took nap too. although, that really does help keep the calories down.

Dena
12-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Hey, hey, hey.... it's Friday!

And it's Date nite! My hubby & I decided that we have to reward ourselves for making it through the craziness of the week, and I so look forward to our Friday nites together.

My goals for today:
food journal
water
exercise
pamper-I'm going to the mall today. Going to reward myself for being good.
Think positive-I have the power (with God's help and guidance) to make great things happen!

Hope everyone does well today!

Luv, D
:cool:

Dena
12-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Jeris, Great web site! You're doing a fantastic job!!!

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 12:56 PM
I did it yesterday! Istayed out of the candy. The only bad thing is that I had a few gingerbread cookies last night. My dinner was good though. I roasted a turkey with mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and garlic. I have to admit it was pretty darn good. I used one of those Pampered chef stoneware roasters and the bird came out perfect. I can honestly say that the money I spent on that thing was worth it.

I will only be at work today until 2 so I knwo I can leave the candy alone until then. The big problem will be once I leave. My friend and I are heading to New Orleans to go shopping. I know we won't be home for dinner so we will have to eat out. There are so many good rest. over there that I pray that I can make the right food choices.

Something great is that this friend of mine loves to decorate. When I got home last night she was ripping down the boarder in my bathroom. She has already helped me paint half of my house. She has made pillows for all of my bedroom and made me a shower curtain out of designer linen. Her mom is a decorator so she can get really good fabric at a great price. All I have to do is pay for the materials she needs. Trust me I don't mind. SHe loves doing all of this stuff. I told her that this trip would not be a painting trip but I can almost bet she is on a ladder in my bathroom as I am writing this. I feel kind of guilty b/c I am not helping but I had to work today until 2. I guess I just need to get over the guiolty feeling b/c she is such a good friend to do this. I am not used to that I don't have very many friends and they are usually so wrapped up in their lives that I don't get to see them very much.

Dena
12-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Kempy, I'm soooo happy for you. I know you and your friend will have a great time. She sounds pretty cool. Hey, and I'm pretty proud of you staying out of the candy. Now that's will power!! You go, girlfriend!!!!

Okay, I'm out the door myself. I can't wait to go shopping.

I heard you mention CA on another board. Tha't where I'm at and it's nice and warm here. The sun is just shining it's little head off. Jealous? lol

Have fun in New Orleans. I know you will!!

Luv ya, D:cool:

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 01:33 PM
Right now I wish I was a little warmer, yes!
What part of Cali are you in? My MIL lives in San Clementi. It is so pretty there but let me tell you I don't know how you guys live there. Everyone is always in such a hurry. I get nervouse when we are driving out there. I was there one time when it was raining and I felt like I needed to get off the roads ASAP. Everyone dives like mad people. I can't say much though b/c New Orleans people are insane drivers plus to make it worse we know how to drive in the rain so nothing slowes them down.

Dena
12-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Here we can drive while holding cell phones, eating, drinking, putting on make-up, balancing check books and reading a book. I even exercise while I'm in the car! lol And I love to drive.

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 01:48 PM
That is funny. I could actually picture what you were saying. They are trying to pass a law here that you can't eatr or talk on you cell while you are driving. That willnever make it through. I am sure that all of the politicians won't give up their cells.

Dena
12-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Hope everyone did well today. Miss your posts, Heather. I'm thinking of you, Joanie. Glad your Thanksgiving went well, Jo Jo. This is day #2 for you, Wendy, right? How's it going Ara and Amar? Tara, you still with us? Hope so. Sheila, so good to hear you're sleeping and eating better. Jeris, love your diary!! Kempy, have a great time in New Orleans!

(If I forgot anyone, my bad.)

jeris
12-07-2002, 12:24 AM
Dean & Kemp - re diary - thanks It is fun.

I've been Christmas baking today, and I need to get it away and in the freezer. So far, I've eaten 1 peanut butter cookie and 1 1/2 squares. :devil::devil::devil: Get those things in the freezer!!!!

Tomorrow, I have to ice 4 more pans of squares, make some more cookies and probably some more squares. My goal is to get it done and done quickly. The longer its looking me in the face the more temptation there is to eat it!!

We are also going out for supper tomorrow night. We don't socialize with them much so I don't know what to expect.

This time of the year can certainly be hard.

Here's my goals:

Exercise tomorrow morning

Try to record all my points tomorrow as best I can

morrigan
12-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Day # 2 --

I didn't make it to the gym ~ actually I did, but I missed the free day care hours.

I was over on calories (2100), but not so far over that I consider it a loss and need to start over.

I heard somewhere that you burn 500 calories a day breastfeeding, so I am hoping that 2100 is really 1600 and I did just fine.

I MUST EXERCISE TOMORROW!

I am going to call the gym now and see if the nursery is staffed on Saturdays.

Dena
12-08-2002, 02:27 AM
Checking in~~

1347 cals (even had a yummy large choc chip cookie-yum!), 9 glasses of water, exercised (walked), pampered--did nails, sprayed perfume. Plus I had a fun day!

Wendy, great job on day #2. Hope the nursery was staffed today.

Jeris, baking? That would be the death of me. Good luck at tomorrow night's dinner.

Have a great weekend.

morrigan
12-08-2002, 01:04 PM
I can hardly believe I have made it to day 4 of 2000 calories a day or under. My goal is 1500, but I would rather go a bit over to 2000 than fail completely and give up. I figure it's better to up the bar than get rid of it.

We are Christmas tree hunting again today. That is always good exercise. Yesterday I spent 3 hours tromping through the woods and found a few good prospects. Having a baby strapped to your tummy doesn't make for good balance. XC skiing is going to be a challange. He won't be big enough for a backpack for a little bit and I think downhill skiing will be to cold for him (he's only 12 weeks) - so XC skiing it is, even though I am not nearly as good on skinny ski's as I am on downhill boards. My mom's best friend bought us the most poofy baby snowsuit you've ever seen complete with mittens, hat, and scarf. It is down with fleece lining. He should stay plenty toasty in there.

Dena
12-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Checking in~~

1562 cals, 9 glasses of water, walked, new lotion, had a great day!

Mon-1248 cals
Tues-1502
Wed.-1398
Thur-1311
Fri.- 549
Sat.-1347
Sun-1562

Average cals = 1274

jeris
12-08-2002, 11:54 PM
At least I accomplished my goals:

I exercised and I counted points

I did 45 minutes of hard exercise on the treadmill both today and yesterday. Today I walked and walked and walked at the mall. That has to count for something.

The only low fat thing on the menu was steamed broccoli last night. Oh well, one day at time.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Apple Blossom
12-09-2002, 04:00 AM
Hi
I want to get one thing out of the way... I didn't read the entire thread but...WENDY how long ago did you have your baby? Be patient and take it easy, especially if you are breast feeding. The weight should come off with out even trying, for at least the first 6 months or so. Thats when my weight loss stopped and I needed to start paying more attention to what I was eating. I had trouble exercising too, because I dehydrate easily. I really didn't feel good during exercise until I weaned the little one. Take it easy and drink lots of water.
That said.... I need one day at a time support for the next week. My husband is out of town and I thought I'd take advantage of not having to cook...I'm hoping to drop a quick 4 pounds or so; I want to fit into my Levis comfotably by the end of the week. So here I am, and I'm determined to hold my self accountable. Eat less exercise more!!
I'm going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
-Appleblossom

Dena
12-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Good Morning!

Welcome Apple Blossom. Good luck losing the 4 lbs. You can do it!

Jeris, congrats on meeting your goals this week.

Wendy, that is so great that you're on day #5 now. Wow, taking your little one xc skiing. Sounds a little too adventurous to me, but I know you"ll be careful.

Kemp, how was New Orleans?

My goals: journal, exercise, drink water, pamper, think positive.

See ya later.

jeris
12-09-2002, 12:10 PM
It's Monday and we are off shopping again.

My goal for this week is to keep track of points, exercise at least 5 days a week and drink water. As soon as I finish this email I'm going to get a bottle of water and put it on the counter.

Good luck to everyone else during this stressful time.

I find the Christmas season to be very stressful. Lots to do and too many temptations in the way of food.

In the past I've gotten busy and not gone to WW to weight in. Then skipping 1 week leads to 2 weeks, to 3 weeks, etc. And the the lbs. pile on.

I don't know why I am so silly in that I don't want to go back when gain. That is when I need to go back the most!!! Anyone else in the same boat?

Kempyd
12-09-2002, 12:41 PM
I am still here but very busy. I will be back later to chat and to tell about my weekend.

Kempyd
12-09-2002, 03:40 PM
Jer, why do you go to WW? Do you just go in to weight in? I know so ladies that instead of going to WW they formed a friendship group and they all weight in together on a certain day. That way they have the support they need but they also get to keep their cash. I am not knocking WW by any means I am sure everyone goes for their own reasons.

D- do you think we should start a new thread so we don't have so many pages?

Hi AppleB! I was off line all weekend so I didn't get to say it earlier. Glad you could joiun us.

Morr - somtimes I wish we had snow here so taht I could get a little extra calorie burning in.

Dena
12-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Great new!!

I was just about to go to the gym, and I was trying on shorts--did you hear that, Kemp -- we still can wear shorts here in sunny CA lol -- Anyhoo, I digress. I can now wear a pair of shorts that didn't fit before!!!! This One Day At A Time Plan really works!!!!

Dena
12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
I'll start a new thread tomorrow morning.

Kempyd
12-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Good to hear about the shorts Dena! You just love that we can't wear them anymore don't you. lol We can but you can't leave your house if you do. Does that still count?

Dena
12-09-2002, 06:32 PM
no. lol

How was New Orleans? I know lots of food and drink. Who could help it. Afterall it is the home of Richard Simmons and Emeril. At least, Richard lost the weight. Emeril is certainly enjoying his yummy concoctions. lol

Kempyd
12-09-2002, 06:43 PM
We didn't go into the French Quarter. We stayed in Metarie. You can't tell when one area ends. To me it is all New Orleans. We did a good bit of shopping and then we ate at Chilli's. We each had three margaritas. You would think that I had learned my lesson with those things. Guess not! I wasn't bad at all. They make them pretty weak there. On the way out of the resturant some guys hit on us. That made me feel real good. What made it better was that they were cute. Normally the scary ones hit on me. I told Joe and he smiled I think it made him feel good too. Saturday we shopped locally and my friend made a wreath for me. That girl is good. And Saturday night we went to Joe's company Christmas party. There must have been 300 people there. Can you imagine having to cook for that many people?

All in all it was a pretty good weekend. I don't even want to think about getting on the scale.

Dena
12-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Checkin in~~

1508 cals, 1 hr of exercise, 8 glasses of water, etc.

Apple Blossom
12-10-2002, 03:56 AM
Hey...
I didn't exactly start the week the way I wanted to...lets just say french fries had something to do with it... I still stayed less than 2000 cal, prob around 1800. So not the way to drop a quick few but I still have the rest of the week. I really need to work on water consumption. I got a Charlie-horse in my calf almost 2 weeks ago and it still hurts, I'm limping around. I'm sure it's dehydration.
Kemp...how can you eat at Chilis when in NO???You can eat at chilis anywhere! I was in NO about a year ago and the food was sooooo good. I had some of the best shrimp ever. I once went to a Chilis in Provo Utah because it was the only place we could find that would serve alcohol. Sometimes the margarita craving needs to be catered to.
I didn't know Richard Simmons lived in NO. Ugh.
If I lost 10 pounds I would wear shorts even in cold weather. Right now I won't put them on unless its 80 degrees.
Good night! Have a great tomorrow!
Appleblossom

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Apple I live there so I can eat the food anytime. Good thing we went we got hit on. hehe Plus, all of the really good rest. are in kind of scary parts of town. I wouldn't go with just me and my friend.

What site do you guys record you cals on? Maybe I should start doing it. I know it will drive me crazy but I am interested to find out how much I really do eat.