Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Default NSV!!! Toddler Jeans

So a couple months ago I went to Lane Bryant to buy stuff in smaller sizes when my clothes really started to sag on me. Anyways, I saw a pair of 18 jeans that were marked down to 19.99, so I bought them without trying them on.

So when I got home, these suckers wouldn't even go past my thighs, which was weird because at the time I was fitting into 18's at other places. I figured these pants were cut wrong at the factory, or whatever. But I kept them. I always refer to them as the "toddler jeans".

So now I am about a 16 in some pants and an 18 in others, although they are really loose. But I am broke, and don't want to spend more $$$. (Especially for stuff that will be too large in a month!) All of my jeans now are too large. Except the toddler pants. I tried them on today and THEY FIT!!!! They are tight, but they are 1% spandex so I am wearing them around the house, hoping they "give" a little bit.

Yeah me!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! That's impressive.

I'm also relieved! When I saw the title I was really worried:
Women want to be size 0 - 0 = non-existence to me.
Women don't want to wear women's sized but misses' sizes - that sounds like not growing up to me.
I frequently think, what is society doing that makes some women want to be invisible or permanent girls? So when I thought you'd gone even farther and decided to fit into a toddler's clothes I thought, Good grief, now what?

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Women don't want to wear women's sized but misses' sizes - that sounds like not growing up to me.
I frequently think, what is society doing that makes some women want to be invisible or permanent girls? So when I thought you'd gone even farther and decided to fit into a toddler's clothes I thought, Good grief, now what?
LOL - I recently bought a sweatshirt in the boy's department. I just wanted a basic black sweatshirt zip-up hoodie - they were non-existent in the women's/misses/jrs department, huge on me in all sizes in men's...but a boys XL fit perfectly (and was REALLY cheap compared to misses clothes).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

hck yes, I'll buy anywhere that sells the thing I want to wear - it's just the Imposed Categories of Invisibility or Peter Pan being thrust on us as desirable that I mind
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

LOL!!!
No way in **** would I ever want to actually fit into a 0 or where baby sizes. You guys would have to stage an intervention for me if I actually had Baby Gap as a goal!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Start 7/11/10

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulations! I heart lane bryant

Lane Bryant and Walmart usually run smaller than other lines because they use standard sizing (what sizing was 20-25 years ago before vanity sizing began to spread). I think using Lane Bryant clothes as a goal is good. I, myself hope to wear a 14 at lane Bryant which will put me at a 12-14 in other stores.
one day at a time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Yay!! Wear them with a smile!!!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #8  
Workin' It

Woo hoo!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Congrats!! That's so fun when you can shop in your own closet since you "save money" and get something new in the rotation.

When I was running in college I wore children's clothes because they were cheaper and I was proud of the chubby to fit transition I made. I'm also under 5 feet tall!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote