Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy White chocolate calling my name

I have Candy Cane Hershey Kisses in the fridge. They are made with white chocolate (I love white chocolate). I don't know why I bought them. I guess I was hoping I could eat them like a normal person. I have so far today, only 3 and counted the points. I am feeling so tired, have a cold, can't nap I have a 3 1/2 year old and 5 1/2 year old who will be home from school soon. I am feeling stressed an irritated and tired and just want to stuff myself with these kisses. I should throw them away, destroy them but I am still holding on to them. It's like I want to fail. I was thinking about the amount of weight I would like to lose 30lbs. seems so far away. UGH! Sorry, I had to get this out!
jenjen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/189/150

Height: 5'8"

I can so relate...except for me it's a vending machine with snickers bars at work. It keeps calling my name. Stress is definitely bad that kind of gives me an excuse to go stuff my face. But be strong and if you eat them , that's ok. Not the end of the world. You can always start again tomorrow.

Why can't chocolate be healthy like broccoli?
Wishing you well.
nyshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #3  

Thank you nyshrink. It would be great if chocolate were healthy like broccoli
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I just *can't* have trigger foods around me. If the stress of having it there and thinking about it is driving you crazy, please just toss it out. It isn't worth it. If you can't toss them out, can you give them to someone?

P.S., Cleveland is my hometown. I went to CSU and grew up on the West Side.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

If you feel you really can't have them around I would package them up tie it with ribbon and give it to a neighbor with a nice note!

Or allow yourself one a day.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I so do what you do, buy somehting then think I can eat one or two like a normal person and sometimes I do, buth then somtimes eat the whole box or bag. So the last few months I decided if I dont buy it it is not there, funny thing is when something yummy is on sale the temptation to buy it can be as bad as the temptation to binge. I bought 7 boxes of chocolates (for Christmas presents) and where do you think they are right now????? I did not eat all 7 at once but over about 3 weeks. Since doing that and gaining 3 pounds, last week when a store here had a one day sale on quality street and turtles chocolates and some cookies I liked oh my gosh I didn't buy any, miracle in itself. I am still amazed..... i didnt buy any!!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

and for goodness sake why on earth can't we jsut have one?
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I had an incident, shall we say, with white chocolate this weekend. I was baking cookies for the snack our church would eat Sunday morning, and after I was done icing the cookies with the chocolate, I found myself struggling with that out of control, out of my head feeling and just ate the chocolate without even tasting it. I probably ate the equivalent of a Hershey's white chocolate bar and logged it as such, but to stop myself I had my husband physically remove the chocolate from my access and make it disappear, either into his dessert or the trash, so I wouldn't have that temptation anymore.

I can often have just a bite of something and be okay, but every once in awhile I slip. I have found out the hard way, over two years of following my plan, that while I can often do moderation it is so much less stress for me to just ban the substance unless it is an occasion outside of my house, where I am limited to a portion. I don't struggle with temptation and cravings when don't have access to it regularly, and its not worth that mental torture anymore when I can go a few weeks without it and find my desire for the sustance mostly gone, vs. having access to itin my home, eating it every few days, and having daily battles with control and letting myself eat some, but not too much.

I used to think that moderated access was worth it. It isn't.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 12-08-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #9  

I dealt with my feelings and did not have anymore. The desire to have more is gone but I am getting rid of them because the trigger shouldn't be there.

The funny thing is I did stop buying sweets (which is my problem) in the past and of course it worked. When I think about doing that again it is weird, it makes me sad, because it's my crutch. It wouldn't be there at all, I would actually have to focus on what I am feeling rather then shifting the focus to should I binge on this stuff that's in my house or not. Crazy how my life has come to revolve around food.

Thanks for all the comments. I think this might be the first time I posted when I was really in the middle of do I binge or not. It was really helpful!

P.S. Matt Cleveland is my hometown, I also grew up on the West side, go West side!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/207/126

Height: 5ft 4

can i just say when i was peckish for a bad snack i chewed it then spat it out lol i know it sounds weird but it gives you a taste without the calories haha worked wonders, seems like a waste but itll be a waste either way, either that or go for a low fat sweet like wine gums or even a very small chocolate bar(dark) it satisfies the cravings but youre not eating a whole bag or box. Also try buying a low cal soft drink, you can drink it instead of eating, it fills you up and is sweet enough to stop you craving junk food
jessica1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Put them in the sink and pour hot water and bleach over them! It's the only way to kill the voice!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #12  

So funny jessica1990 have done the same before! Thanks again for the tips everyone! Have a great day!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #13  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Honestly, I'd throw them out. I have done the same thing before. Bought candy or junk thinking I'd ration it out and enjoy it as a treat. What a joke, lol. I'll have my treat. Then obsess over it sitting in the kitchen until I'm pacing and desperately trying to keep myself away. If I give in and have "just one more," that turns into the rest of the bag. And then I illogically consider the day ruined and eat more unnecessary food just because I already blew it for the day. Nope, not worth it. That little daily treat is just not worth the stress, the guilt, the obsession, etc.

If I'm able to save the last ounce of control I have, I manage to toss it out. Ruin it with water or burying it under something nasty and just be done with the whole thing. Sure, it's a waste of a few bucks and a waste of food. But those Hershey's kisses are going to turn into either of two things. 1) Trash in your garbage can or 2) Fat in your body/poop in your toilet. They aren't good healthy foods that will nourish your body. When you bought them, you bought garbage. So is it really wasting a few bucks to toss them? You wasted the money when you bought them, really, at least they won't put fat in your body when they're in the garbage. (This sounds harsh, I know, I've used these EXACT same words on myself)

I have family and friends coming in for our wedding on Saturday. I've been making white chocolate covered pretzels with crushed peppermints sprinkled on them. So far I haven't eaten a single one (because they're such a pain to make and I have to make sooo many, haha), but they suuuure are tempting.

Last edited by mkendrick; 12-09-2010 at 10:40 AM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I have had things in my grocery cart that I thought I would buy for work. (After all how can you pass up good Thanksgiving candy at 90% of at Walmart.) Well as I continued a few more rows over choosing things I could eat. I decided to put the candy back because if isn't good for me is it any better for the people at work (clients). I'm sure I wouldn't have eaten any because I have done it before but not without mental anquish. I think the catch was the extremely good price. I hate to pass up a bargain.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 12-09-2010 at 11:32 AM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Ashley, I just reread the posts and I think you might have hit on something. Maybe I have an addiction to buying bargains as well as some foods. HMMM I also have that compulsion to buy in that situation and often find myself thinking about who I know that could use the bargain item.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote