Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #1  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default How to get back on the wagon

Hey ladies,

So it's been about a week now since I've been not really on plan. I'll start the day out OK, and on plan, but as the day progresses I don't stick to my meals that I have planned out, and just eat whatever. To make matters worse, I've been pretty lax on going to the gym as well.

What do you guys do to get re-motivated and back on the horse after a few days of slip ups? I know since it's TOM it's not making things easier (hungry all the time, grumpy..etc), but I don't want to lose all the progress I've made thus far. Help!
chickadee dee dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

After you have fallen it's a challenge to get back up but you have to go back to why you started in the first place. Focus on that and if there is food in your house that you have a problem resisting...get rid of it. Leave no room for failure. But it's going to be hard but you have to decide how bad you want it.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #3  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

This may not be the most "healthy" of motivators, but I am most motivated by fear! Fear of gaining the weight back. That's my worst nightmare. When I fall off the wagon, I can, in my head, justify not LOSING any more for a while ("Oh, I've been good, I deserve a break, etc. etc."), but when I think about gaining the weight BACK and having to do this ALL OVER AGAIN...that's what gets my butt back in gear.

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 12-08-2010 at 10:46 AM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Maybe you can join one of the challenges or start one here? Like a "30 days OP" thread? I find having a daily check in with others as a way to keep me motivated. I look forward to coming to 3FCs to post that I've been OP that day!

You can do it. You just have to get the ball rolling again.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

Do you know why you are going off plan in the middle of the day? Is it that the foods you have planned not convenient enough, or seem like a chore to make? Have you been eating the same thing for a while, and am now tried of it? Or are the things you plan just kinda bland tasting and you find yourself just not wanting it?

For me, when I find myself wanting to stray (or actually straying ) I try to figure out why I'm doing it. For example, I find that if I don't change my lunches around, I stop wanting them, and if I don't want to eat something I start resenting it whether I eat it or not. Or even if I like what I'm eating, if I let myself get too rushed, I feel like I don't have time to make something at all much less something that I will enjoy, so find myself scrambling for something to eat.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #6  

I went for the basics, BRIBERY. Yep, I had to bribe myself with little rewards to get back on track, sad as that may seem. I get a reward if I even lose half a pound. I get a reward if I exercise for 20 minutes 3 times a week.

But it has worked and I've been losing for 12 weeks in a row, which is practically unheard of for me. And I'm starting to want to do this for me, not just because of the rewards. Yet the rewards are nice, love to shop!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernExposure View Post
This may not be the most "healthy" of motivators, but I am most motivated by fear! Fear of gaining the weight back. That's my worst nightmare. When I fall off the wagon, I can, in my head, justify not LOSING any more for a while ("Oh, I've been good, I deserve a break, etc. etc."), but when I think about gaining the weight BACK and having to do this ALL OVER AGAIN...that's what gets my butt back in gear.
Yep, I agree. I took a break for about 6 weeks and practiced maintenance. I was doing pretty well at first but in the last couple weeks mindless eating took over. My jeans were getting tighter...and I got scared. I only gained about 3 pounds but it was enough to notice. Now I am back to hardcore counting and exercise. It may be a difficult time of year (especially since my sister is baking the most amazing cookies and fudge...ugh) but my photos from last year are motivating enough. I've come so far there is no way I will go back.
Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote