Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default The Chocolate! The Chocolate!

I am a nurse I work for a Family doctor. But patients are great but this time of year they love to bring us treats. We already have so much chocolate!! Trying to maintain control because I know 1 piece leads to much more! Help!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #2  

Ahh your in a tough situation. If i was you i would make a firm decision or a rule and stick to it. Like 'im only going to have x pieces a week' but it sure is tough this time of year
sagethompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I sooooo get that. There is almost always candy or some goodies at my work. Some days I win some days I dont and some days I can have once peice and not blow it.
At work the treat place was a big filing cabinet right behind my desk so every time i got up and came back to my desk i could see the treats, one week i decided join my daughter and have a no sugar week, only sugar could be fresh fruit. The very next day someone brought in a giant cupcake cake, now this is my weakness, but I did it, I did not have any, it felt so good to not have given in when it would have been so easy, and oh the smell i smelled it all day for two days at my desk, cupcake heaven......thank God I don't work there anymore.
Then in my lunch room here someone brought in costco chocolate muffins, I do not buy costco chocolate muffins because I cannot buy costco muffins because same as the cupcake scenareo. Had a weak moment, ate one whole one and took one home for later sheesh.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi Terri!
I just joined the forum and saw your post. I am a physician, actually a cardiologist, and know all about these "treats"! How about drug reps! They just do not leave the office and bring so much food! I also sometimes go out of control, but often just walk past the lounge room like it does not exist. I found that it's almost impossible to resist temptation if I am actually hungry, so I started bringing apples to work with me. Not just apples, but HUGE allpes, I mean the biggest I could find. If I feel hungry, I immediately eat one full apple and it fills me up. I also follow it with a couple of glasses of water. It definitely helps to resist the temptation!
30lbslighter
30lbslighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #5  

Default I think you are right!

Healthy snacks are the key then you are not tempted to grap whatever goody is laying around. The drug reps are a whole other matter!!!
Also Welcome I have only been lurking/posting for a week or so. Lots of nice gals.

Terri
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Count me among the doctor's office employees, too. I have stopped eating the things they bring in. We have lunch several times a week and usually it is more of a full supper than a lunch. I have just accepted that I cannot eat that way if I want to be healthy.

For a while we had a patient bringing in pans (plural) of brownies-FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN!! Still warm and able to be smelled all over the office. THAT was tough!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

...and the boxes of Panera bagels just showed up....: /
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #8  

Default Drug Rep Lunch

I work in a large clinic and we just moved in to a new suite (retirements lead to some office shuffling) anyway, working with nice thin gals!!! So the lunchs tend to be like salad with chicken, yesterday chinese (lots of veggie dishes) so much better than the suite we were in before!The reps will usually ask what we would like and these gals make much better choices. I had been saying I need thinner people around me. I think I was right.

Terri