Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #1  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Talking Inspired by a ? about affirmations

So after being off track for pretty much a month I jumped back on to start again.

After this week’s weigh in I saw that I lost 1.5 pounds, bringing me from 237.5 to 236!

It’s a small start but at least it is in the right direction!

I was inspired by a question on the 3FC website about affirmations and decided to list some here. I posted the entry below to my blog but wanted to post it here because I was so inspired by the song I talk about.

This one came from a song from Journey that I am thinking of making my own personal theme song as I travel this road of weight loss and health. Funnily enough, the band’s name fits in as well, this is a “journey”

In fact, I decided to post all of the lyrics of the entire song:

(This first stance reminds me of how I feel when I can’t stop myself from eating what I shouldn’t and not doing what I should. I get so burdened by trying to change so many things all at once and being frustrated to no end when my efforts are not yielding the results I want fast enough)

Runnin’ out of self-control
Gettin’ close to an overload
Up against a no win situation
Shoulder to shoulder, push and shove
I’m hangin’ up my boxin’ gloves
I’m ready for a long vacation

(This is the line that plays in my head now when I am making food and exercise decisions. “Be good to yourself when, nobody else will.” That to me was a powerful statement that just kept playing over and over in my head (plus it’s got a good beat! ).

Be good to yourself when, nobody else will
Oh be good to yourself
You’re walkin’ a high wire, caught in a cross fire
Oh be good to yourself

(This one reminds me of all the people (especially us women because we have so many roles and responsibilities that we take on) who do not make and take the time for themselves that they need to be successful. Other things, whether they be distractions or excuses, get in the way and at the end of it all we have little left for ourselves to do the things we need/want to do. It is a reminder to take care of myself and to learn to say no (whether that is to events, food, or whatever)

When you can’t give no more
They want it all but you gotta say no
I’m turnin’ off the noise that makes me crazy
Lookin’ back with no regrets
To forgive is to forget
I want a little piece of mind to turn to

(And then the last bit of the chorus, the additional reminder, BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!)

Oh be good to yourself
You’re walkin’ a high wire, caught in a cross fire
Oh be good to yourself

I hope this wasn’t too cheesy and even if it was, I don’t care. I understand the need to seek motivation and inspiration in all the things around us. I don’t know about you, but I have my own theme songs and soundtrack that play in my head some times, or that I play and imagine my life to them. It may be silly, but it definitely helps with visualization and from that comes action and from those actions comes RESULTS!

Have a blessed evening everyone!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Wow...great lyrics, thanks for sharing! *hurries off to find the track*
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote