South Beach Diet - Been MIA

View Full Version : Been MIA

PinkHoodie
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I have been off plan for probably a month or two now. In the good news, I haven't really gained any pounds. I know I have gained inches though. :p But I am going to be restarting Phase 1 on Thursday. I feel myself back in my old habits and that is BAD! Just needed some accountability! :)

Bellissa
12-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm in it with you! Good luck! My goal is to be around 185 before the new year! More would be fantastic!

Lexxiss
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome back!

TallandThin
12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't think we've met yet since I've only been on the beach less than two months but want to say hi :wave: and welcome you back. Hope you are still planning to start tomorrow and wish you a smooth phase one!

SouthernJudy
12-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't feel bad PinkHoodie, I have done the same thing but not as lucky as you I have gained back. So i'm in with you I started back on plan 12-10-10 this is day two on phase 1 so far so good. Good luck to you too :-)

TallandThin
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Pink Hoodie and SouthernJudy the important thing is that you both came back. No matter what, if you keep coming back I really believe that in time you will find that magic that allows us all to stay on plan. I hope to see lots more of both of you.

SouthernJudy
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you Talland Thin, i'm back and doing good so far I'm down 4lbs so far:carrot: I am so proud of myself, my husband made fudge for his coworkers and I never touched it YAY!!!!!!!

SouthernJudy
12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Hang in there PinkHoodie we can do it!!!! :hug:

TallandThin
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Southernjudy, knew you could do it! Proud of you.

Pinkhoodie, hope you are doing good too!

SouthernJudy
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi Ladies, so far so good i'm staying on plan and i'm feeling much better. I was a little sluggish there for a couple of days but full on energy today. I'm cleaning house!!! Wahoo lolol Having a salad for lunch. Hope your all doing great. Looking forward to what Phase 2 will be like for me. Have a great day I will be checking in often. Thanks for all your help, it's good to know I have a place I can come too.

SouthernJudy
12-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Question.... Is there a way to put this thread in favorites?

SouthernJudy
12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Have a great day!!!! :carrot:

SouthernJudy
12-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Well i'm hanging in there where did ya'll go lol I have had a pretty good week so far 1 more day on Phase 1 i'm looking forward to week two. Hope to see ya soon.

TallandThin
12-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm here Southernjudy. Glad you are still doing good. Word of advice though about changing over to phase two. Go nice and slow, really really slow. I've been on the beach for two months now and don't consider myself fully on phase two yet. I started out just adding one fruit a day and didn't have it until afternoon or evening. Still no grains for me either. I just don't want those awful cravings to return. Good luck and keep coming back.

SouthernJudy
12-17-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm glad your doing good on plan,and yes it is a little scary now that i have no cravings. I still have to go thru week two of phase on yet but it's been so hard for me starting this during the holidays . WHAT WAS I THINKING lolol I guess I can look at the bright side at least I won't have to lose the 5 plus pounds I may have gained over the holidays. I'm happy your still here TallandThin it's great to have someone to check in with. Thanks so much. We can do this.

SouthernJudy
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm here Southernjudy. Glad you are still doing good. Word of advice though about changing over to phase two. Go nice and slow, really really slow. I've been on the beach for two months now and don't consider myself fully on phase two yet. I started out just adding one fruit a day and didn't have it until afternoon or evening. Still no grains for me either. I just don't want those awful cravings to return. Good luck and keep coming back.
Thanks so much for your advice, I will be careful :-)

SouthernJudy
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Merry Christmas Tall and Thin :) i'm doing great still staying on plan.

TallandThin
12-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Good girl, just be careful and as busy as it is this month, be sure and find time to keep up with planning your meals and making sure there is something always in the house that is on plan that you can turn to when unexpected things happen and you are caught off guard.

SouthernJudy
12-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks TallandThin, I have been on the look out :-) at least school is out so now hubby can't bring home all those treats form coworkers lol So the next two weeks will be ok I think it's just him and I so I will be on plan. Today for lunch I made us a taco salad mine with no shell and hubs with doritos. It was really good and very filling. I have been looking for good recipes. WEll i'm off to watch some tv with hub so hang in there and hoe your doing good too.

TallandThin
12-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Had a busy but great on plan day. Had lots of family over today to work on home-made gifts and I made taco and fruit salads for them for lunch. I had planned to be able to eat some of the taco salad but forgot and put the chips in before setting some aside so couldn't do that. Remember what I said about having "on-plan" food available in case of an emergency? :).

SouthernJudy
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
TallandThin I will make sure i have healthy foods on hand. lol So funny I made taco Salads today for lunch, great minds think alike. Hubby had chips on his but I really didn't miss them to much. This morning I made the muffin in a minute it was really very good with coffee. May I ask? do you count calories also?
Wow!! sounds like your about ready for Christmas. I just noticed you are in Calif. I was born and raised in Calf. I'm from Modesto.I Moved to Iowa after I got married. Well I better get going I think I will go for a walk:-) Hope you have a great day. See ya soon.

TallandThin
12-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Evening SouthernJudy, hope you are having a better day than I am. It's been one of those "hungry" days and I didn;t follow my own advice and let myself run out of some of my favorite "on plan" food items. I'm through eating for the day (thank goodness) and haven't eaten anything off plan but know that I ate too much a some of the on plan food. So first thing tomorrow, I'm going grocery shopping and I'm going over my recipes this evening so will have everything on hand to make some meals ahead of time. No, I do not calories. It would be way too much for this old lady. I don't want to spend every waking minute thinking about food so I'm just concentrating on the SB principles and believe me I still have a whole lot to learn. I live up above Sacramento but married a man from Alabama many years ago and have spent a lot of time in the South so my heart belongs both here in northern CA and in the South. Take care.

SouthernJudy
12-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Hi TallandThin, sorry I wasn't in here for a day or so . I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas. I am staying on plan tho. The scale is staying the same for me. I guess my body has t catch up a bit. I told my husband this is the first time in my life that I didn't have all the Christmas goodies lol. I have not cheated once. :-) I am so glad to move on to Phase to but a little scary. I went shopping today so i'm ready. The first thing i'm adding back is oatmeal in the morning. I'm kinda tired of eggs lol
Talk to you soon. If I don't see you Have a Merry Christmas My Friend

SouthernJudy
12-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Hope all is well with you TallandThin, i'm still hanging in there not losing but I'm still on plan.