Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default First big life challenge as a maintainer...

So my life just got really stressfull. We are having to unexpectedly move out of our house within the next two weeks. We knew we'd be moving, but not so soon and not with such a short notice. Additionally, work will be getting more stressful in a few weeks, either for good reasons with additional hours and more work to do or for bad reasons with a reduction in hours and work. We're waiting to hear whether or not a huge project my firm is working on will be approved for funding and moving forward with construction. If it doesn't it will be likely delayed and I won't have much to do at work.

So needless to say, I'm a mess of emotions - anxiety, stress with a little depression thrown in there just for fun. I'm trying to stay calm, because honestly, it is what it is and we'll make it through all this one way or another. And for me I'm doing a damn good job of keeping it together. I used to suffer from severe panic attacks and depression in these situations, but maybe it's the running or the change in diet, but I'm able to cope quite well lately. Earlier this year in the middle of my weight loss efforts I was in another very stressful situation, but lost weight just the same without missing a beat.

I'm hoping that the good habits I've learned along the way will guide me through these times and I won't turn to food. For me, this current situation is the kind of thing that could become one of those stories...I lost all the weight and then x happened and I turned to my old ways and gained it all back because I stopped exercising and planning my meals. But I will not let that be me, I will stay strong, I will stay on plan and I will not turn to food for comfort! I will not say - oh I don't have time to exercise, I have to find us a place to live I can get up early just the same and run my stress out! Wish me luck, oh and if you have an pearls of wisdom, please pass them my way.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  
No description available.

Take it one day at a time.

Remember that poor food choices and not exercising can worsen anxiety and depression.
Exercise and healthy food choices will reduce anxiety and depression.

You can do this!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I remember when my stepfather died and I wasn't being as careful. I was really sad. At one point I thought to myself, being sad sucks. You know what would suck more? Being sad AND fat.

As far as life stress, let eating well and exercise be the thing that is positive in your life. No matter what else is happening, that is a good thing in your life, that you can say "this is going well!"
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Quote:
As far as life stress, let eating well and exercise be the thing that is positive in your life. No matter what else is happening, that is a good thing in your life, that you can say "this is going well!"
Wow, you just made me completely realize why I did so well with the stress earlier this year. It was exactly this. It was the one positive thing in my life, aside from my family. It was the one thing I could control. And you know what, it's no different now.

Quote:
You know what would suck more? Being sad AND fat.
I LOVE this! So perfectly said. Thank G*d that I'm realizing all this now and taking note of it before a single lb is even on my body. Oddly enough, I've actually had a little trouble eating and had to tell myself - eat! because if you don't you'll be STARVING later and binge.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I will certainly say some prayers for you.
I don't have any pearls of wisdom as you already seem to have them yourself!
You know what to do and how to do it.
Are you moving within your same town?
When you need support, remember to come here. Food will not solve any problems or stress!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote