Old 12-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/150

Height: 5´5

Default New to weight watchers!

Hello everyone

I have been a lurker at this forum for quite some time, and decided to introduce myself I have been struggling with my weight since I was a child with various success. I have decided that as of tomorrow, I am starting weight watchers! I have never tried it before, but I think it will work well for me, since I don´t do well on diets that don´t monitor portion control. I generally prefer healthy food, but my problem is more with portion control and snacking too much.
I am living in Iceland, and we don´t have any weight watchers community or meetings. I am taking a trip to Florida in 2 weeks with my family so I´m planning on buying some books and a calculator so I can do it by myself. Right now I will just calculate points with the formula Protein/10.94 + Carbs/9.17 + Fat/3.89 - Fiber/12.49, and set myself up for 29 points plus. I will just carry a normal calculator around with me!

How has everyone been doing with the new system?
Does the points plus calculator calculate how many daily points I should eat, or the point plus value of each food?

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

p.s sorry for any errors, english is not my native language

Last edited by icelandgirl90; 12-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
icelandgirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #2  

You could get more information if you ordered the At Home Kit. Anything you can buy at a meeting will not have the new plan information. You only need pay for one meeting and get weighed in to get it.

Were you affected by the volcano?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/150

Height: 5´5

I was trying to search for it, but I´m just getting very confused because I don´t want to accidentally buy something that´s for the old plan. Also every time I search the internet for points value or for recipes or something, it only says points not points plus, so I assume that it´s from the old plan
I wasn´t affected by the volcano at all. No one that lives in the capital region was affected by it, except if they wanted to travel by airplane. Only people living close to Eyjafjallajökull and farmers were affected. But I guess they made a big deal about in the news all across the world, so now finally people know what country Iceland is
icelandgirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote