Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Getting back on plan after illness

The flu struck our house this weekend and it's been pretty bad. Yesterday all I managed to eat was a piece or toast and a banana and I mostly slept all day. Today I still slept a good chunk of the day but I was able to eat eggs, some toast, and an apple. I'm on the mend but I'm also worried about how to ease back into exercise and eating "real" food after basically doing nothing and not be able to eat nothing for awhile.

Any advice? At this point I'm eating because my stomach hurts so I know I have to but even the smallest amounts are just totally undesirable to me. Also... how long do you normally wait to exercise again?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sounds like you aren't quite over the flu . When you get better your appetite will return and you just get right back on plan again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #3  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I would take it easy for a few more days. Try to stay away from dairy products and spicy foods for another couple days as well. Usually when I am sick, I end up losing a pound or two. I always see it as a little bonus after suffering through all the nasty stuff . I wouldn't worry about exercise too much until you fell well and energetic. You are not going to gain any weight by resting and eating light. Take care
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks you guys for the responses. I'm finally starting to feel better but I didn't have a chance to exercise today so maybe tomorrow. It's weird... I've cut down to only two meals a day with basically no snacks in between so it's like the flu completely zapped my usual constant "being hungry" background. Maybe I'm still not completely better then?

I guess what my fear is, is that in the past whenever I was dieting I always had a rough transition from being sick into eating on plan when I was finally healed. It was like that break from eating on plan (or more like eating at all!) completely confused my body and all of a sudden I was back at square one, craving all the foods I shouldn't be eating. Thankfully, this time I have yet to experience that. The thing I missed the most while being sick was coffee not chocolate or something super greasy. I know my other issue is that I have a problem easing back into exercise. I actually really enjoy exercise and I tend to overdo it quite a bit because I get too excited to be back at it.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote