South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread 12/6 - 12/12

View Full Version : On Plan Thread 12/6 - 12/12

CyndiM
12-06-2010, 06:23 AM
It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

Mirabai7
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
As a therapist, I am trained in a type of trauma work called EMDR. The first phase of doing EMDR is helping the client establish what is called a "calm, safe place". A place in their minds where they can go and feel calm and safe. Most clients do this right away....but for some, simply establishing a calm safe place in their minds becomes the shorter term goal of therapy.

I say this because it reminds me of the fact that for me, simply completing a clean Phase 1 of South Beach has become my short term goal....forget about losing 25 pounds...let's see if I can do a clean two weeks.

So here I am, Day 1, Phase 1, Take II!!!!

Good morning, all.

:-)

Ruthxxx
12-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Phase II
B. ww English muffin with 2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite plus 2 T. fruit chutney
L. Cream of broccoli soup, baby carrots, ff/sf yogurt and chopped apple
D. TVP Chili with cole slaw and a glass of red wine
I will also work in a glass of skim milk.

sophie
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
phase 2

b -oatmeal with sf homemade apple butter
l -salad with cottage cheese
s - yogourt
s - leftover roast beef and brussel sprouts.
s - almond butter

exercise - 30 minutes walk and 15 minutes on bike

grneyedmustang
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Phase II

B - Oatmeal with apples, walnuts, and cinnamon
L - leftover grilled pork loin and asparagus
S - nuts
S - yogurt
D - Sirloin steak, SBD mashed potatoes, salad

Exercise - 1 hour spin class

TallandThin
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Morning Ruth, I notice that you have ff/sf yougart listed today. I thought all yogurt has some amount of sugar. Do you mean no added sugar? So far I haven't found any yogurt that is completely sugar free.

LifeisPrecious
12-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Phase I

B. Boiled Egg & Sausage Patty
L. Salad
S. Celery w/LC Cheese
D. Creole Pan Fried Pork Chop & Roasted Zucchini and Summer Squash
S. 30 Pistachios

CyndiM
12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Morning Ruth, I notice that you have ff/sf yougart listed today. I thought all yogurt has some amount of sugar. Do you mean no added sugar? So far I haven't found any yogurt that is completely sugar free.

Not Ruth but this question comes up a lot :) Yes, all dairy has some milk sugar. For SBD purposes sugar free always means no added sugar and is absolutely allowed and even encouraged. Hope that helps :)

EmmaD
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Phase 2. NO grains (unlike yesterday when I devoured *several* whole wheat pitas)

B - coffee with soy milk
yoga class
nf cottage cheese with 1/2 grapefruit
L - Mediterranean salad (Romaine lettuce, shrimp, olives, capers, tomatoes, peppers, 1/2 serving vinaigrette), South Beach Living Fiber+ bar (I know, weird Frankenfood but unfortunately this is the one type of bar that I find irresistibly delicious and the calorie-counting :devil: says: "only 110 calories"...)
S - broccoli and orange pepper strips with hummus
S2 - 1/2 apple with 1 oz light cheddar cheese
D - Veggie sausage and sauteed cabbage/carrots. Roasted acorn squash on the side.
dessert - nf plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 oz walnuts and 1 clementine

1403 calories

Usernametaken
12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
B-mango strawberry smoothie with flax seeds
L-Broccoli and hummus, apple
D-Lentil Chili
S-cottage cheese

murphmitch
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Phase II

B: Cinnamon omelet, V8
S: RF cheese
L: Grilled chicken salad, tall skinny latte
S: carrots
D: Taco bake, salad, RF sour cream
S: Almond butter

zestfest
12-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Phase 2

B: Scrambled eggs, coffee with almond milk
S: Almonds
L: Sugar snap peas with tzatziki, SF/FF yogurt with blueberries and Kashi GoLean
S: Skim latte, sliced ham with laughing cow
D: Turkey and cheese

Hmm... writing this makes me realize I am not eating nearly enough veggies or drinking enough water. Need to fix.

TallandThin
12-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Today I ate (phase 1.5)

B - 2 eggs, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
L - apple and string cheese
S - 1 cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, walnuts
D - Leftover veggi chili w/turkey sausage and extra cabbage.
S - 1 cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/sf jam and pecans

TwynnB
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
B: cinnamon omelette, coffee with skim
S: veggies (pea pods, cukes, color pepper
L: black bean soup!! w/little bit o' sour cream and cheddar cheese
S: cheese stick?
D: chili, heavy on veggies
D: cashews, if hungry

Mirabai7
12-07-2010, 09:31 AM
B: turkey soup
S: cheese stick and a few nuts
L: chicken breast over massive salad
D: Spaghetti squash lasagna

LifeisPrecious
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
B: Boiled Egg w/small Sausage patty
S: LF Mozzarella Stick
L: Half of an Eggplant Stuffed with Homemade Meat Sauce
S: Rolled Ham in Romaine w/Cilantro Mayo
D: Almond Meal Coated Chicken Nuggets w/Mock Mashed Potatoes

Have a great day!

sophie
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
phase 2

b - two eggs, slice ww bread
l - black bean pumpkin soup
s - celery sticks with artichoke spread
s - baked halibut with brussel sprouts and salad
s - lf cheese
8 glasses water during day

exercise - 20 minutes on bike

zeffryn
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey, I've been kind of MIA the past few days - nothing off-plan really, just busy.

i need to go grocery shopping today before lunch for sure!
--
1: greek yogurt, ezekiel toast w/ .5 t. almond butter and a few frozen berries
2: tuna and white bean salad over romaine salad
3: banana
workout
4: blackened chicken over a caesar salad, dressing on the side, some sort of veggie

exercise: 45-60 minutes treadmill (run/walk combo), 45 min. yoga

grneyedmustang
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Phase II

B - Oatmeal with apples, walnuts, and cinnamon
L - leftover grilled pork loin, pinto beans, salad
S - celery/hummus
S - yogurt
D - Broiled Salmon, Steamed Cauliflower, Brown Rice medley

Exercise - 30 min yoga

EmmaD
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Phase 2

B - coffee with soy milk, yogurt protein smoothie with peaches and 1/2 an almost-green banana
L - lentil soup with a dollop of nf plan Greek yogurt
S - broc/orange pepper/hummus - I keep neglecting to eat this as I'm not hungry. I hope it's still good in the fridge.
S2 - I'll bring a clementine and some raw walnuts if I'm hungry before dinner.
D - The holiday festivities are upon us. Dinner party. I think I will bring a green salad with pumpkin seed vinaigrette and roasted acorn squash (I am recreating a salad I had in a fancy restaurant recently). One recipe I saw added pomegranate arils so maybe I'll do that too. Beyond that, I don't know yet what will be offered. I am committing to ONE glass of wine. The evil scale reading this morning should help me stick to that commitment :devil:

mom4yehoshua
12-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Okay, it is day 9 for my diet: Phase 1 of course

B:8oz veggie juice, 2 eggs over med, 2 turkey bacon, coffee with sugarfree vanilla creamer. (it uses maltodextrin, is that really going to kill my diet? I like two to three 'almost literal' cups of coffee a day. Its what keeps me sane on this diet)

s: 2 ham and veggie rolls

l:Big Salad and Jello, with 1 oz cheese

s: Celery and 1 laughing cow wedge of cheese

d:Chicken, lots of sliced squash with hummus, and the left over soy cabbage and green bean saute

s: yogurt with almonds and almond extract (loved it last night, want it again)

Any critiques would be nice. I am still learning to balance with what I want and what I need on this diet. At least I lost five lb the first week,:dancer:

Leslie

zeffryn
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Emma, if that salad turns out, throw me the recipe? I need a good salad for a christmas gathering on sunday.

zestfest
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I was so on-plan and with the veggies and water today, but my lab coworkers made me a cake for my birthday. Oh well, it was delicious and chocolatey and kind of worh the splurge. I just want my scale to show me those awesome 120s again...

B: Ham, snow peas with tzatziki
S: Skim latte
L: Cheese omlette, snow peas with tzatziki
S: Almonds, carrots with laughing cow light, evil chocolate cake
D: Chicken and broccoli

If I weigh in tomorrow and my weight is up even more, I'm gonna do a super fast 5 mile run to turn things back around...

Usernametaken
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Emma, seconding Zef's request for a recipe. sounds delish

Phase 2
B-Smoothie w/ spinach, almond milk, mango, and strawberrie
L-Leftover lentil soup with spinach and a heaping tbsp of ff greek yogurt
S-Spinach feta egg wrap and a couple of big bites of cottage cheese
D-spaghetti squash with roasted red pepper sauce, chicken italian sausage

murphmitch
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salad with grilled chicken, kidney beans, carrots, hummus (Avoided a very tempting potluck today)
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Leftover taco bake

TallandThin
12-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Phase 1.5

B - 2 eggs, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
D - Leftover veggi chili, HB egg, grn and yellow squash.

CyndiM
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
It's been way too long since I posted here. If I'm going to eat a meal out I often don't post because I don't know what that will be. I think I need to post what I know and be accountable later.

Phase 2
B: Pumpkin "pudding" - pumpkin, applesauce, greek yogurt & chia
S: veggies and hummus
L: refried beans, broccoli & salsa
D: I'll make the best choices I can at the party. I'll definitely have a bowl of my soup and some salad

exercise: EA Sports workout 2, a little yoga to stretch

zeffryn
12-08-2010, 03:36 PM
P2

1: ezekiel toast w/ .5 tsp. almond butter, greek yogurt
2: Amy's roasted veggie and black bean frozen meal - have been running errands like a mad woman all day (it was really good!)
3: pineapple
4: chili and salad

exercise: 45 min. strength training, 45 min. step/kickboxing combo class

I really need to up my veggies!

mom4yehoshua
12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Phase 1. day 10

B: 2 egg and veggie omelet, with mozzarella cheese, 1 turkey bacon, 8oz veggie juice, and coffee
S: 15 cashews
L: Iceburg lettuce salad with many veggies and ranch, celery with 1 cheese wedge
S: 1 mozzarella cheese stick and maybe more coffee
D: Chicken, spinach salad, and broccli
D: Vanilla Ricotta Creme

Is this not enough meat? I really don't want anything else, beyond the eggs and the chicken. It is another roasted chicken. I love those. Last night I had a little with dinner, which was primarily all veggies. Also, is this not enough dairy? Any thoughts? Thankyou!

Usernametaken
12-08-2010, 06:21 PM
B-spinach, strawberries, mango, and yogurt in a smoothie
L-spaghetti squash with roasted red pepper sauce
S-v8, flatout filled with hummus, spinach, and bean sprouts (came home STARVING this afternoon. thank you, pms )
D-strip steak, sweet potato chips

zeffryn
12-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Phase 1. day 10

B: 2 egg and veggie omelet, with mozzarella cheese, 1 turkey bacon, 8oz veggie juice, and coffee
S: 15 cashews
L: Iceburg lettuce salad with many veggies and ranch, celery with 1 cheese wedge
S: 1 mozzarella cheese stick and maybe more coffee
D: Chicken, spinach salad, and broccli
D: Vanilla Ricotta Creme

Is this not enough meat? I really don't want anything else, beyond the eggs and the chicken. It is another roasted chicken. I love those. Last night I had a little with dinner, which was primarily all veggies. Also, is this not enough dairy? Any thoughts? Thankyou!

You don't have to have meat to have protein. A lot of us are vegetarians, or close to it. Think beans, lentils, tofu, etc.

dairy, on South Beach is considered yogurt and milk - not cheese. cheese is a whole different animal and restricted as such. try for 2 cups of low-fat or fat-free yogurt or milk per day.

mom4yehoshua
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you Zeffryn! That helps alot. :)

murphmitch
12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Phase II

B: V8, veggie omelet
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salad with chicken, black beans and a little guacamole
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte, carrots, hummus
D: Amy's Lowfat Black Bean Chili

TallandThin
12-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Phase 1.5 (no grains)

B - 1 HB egg, 1 turkey bacon, V-8 and decaf coffee w/sf creamer
L - apple and lf string cheese
D - Small lean hamburger patty, roasted butternut squash w/cinnamon, garlic bussels sprouts, lrg grn salad w/radish, onion, mushrooms, cucumber, tomato and lf ranch dressing

Dinner was so good tonight! Proud of myself....:)

zeffryn
12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
P2

1: 1/2 banana w/ almond butter
exercise
2: string cheese
3: big ol' salad
4: almonds
exercise
5: chili, salad

TallandThin
12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Going to be eating out this afternoon/evening so will edit later to post how I did. Should be fine though as I picked the resturant and it has a wonderful salad bar and I'm taking my own salad dressing. May or may not add a steak or fish. Will see.

weezle
12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Ph2

B: Was running 15 min behind this morning, so only 8oz V8 and green tea
S: LF cheese stick and WW crackers
L: Leftover homemade veggie soup, salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, LF cottage cheese, and LF dressing
S: Peanuts
D: ??? - Not sure yet since Chris usually cooks. Probably either WW pasta or brown rice with sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms (in EVOO.) Another salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, with LF dressing.

Of course if he doesn't feel like cooking, I'll have leftover steamed veggies and a Morningstar Farms Turk'y Burger, along with my salad and LF dressing.

EmmaD
12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I didn't make the pumpkin vinaigrette salad yet, but soon. As I tend to do, I am combining 3 or 4 recipes. Most call for pumpkin seed oil, which I don't have so I'm going to see if I can find it.

I made instead a delish broccoli/avocado salad (Williams-Sonoma Salads recipe: ~ 1 lb blanched broccoli florets, 1 cubed avocado, 1/2 c. toasted pecans. Dressing was 1T dijon mustard, 2T fresh lemon juice, 1T chopped flat-leaf parsely and 4T olive oil. YUM)

Also I made a warm spinach salad, which was probably NOT SBD-friendly as the sauce was made with 1 cup whole cream:devil:. The kinda good news is that I cooked the spinach instead of wilting it and the water from the spinach diluted the sauce so that most of it remained behind in the bowl.

Will post pumpkin seed salad soon!

Will not post my menus from the last few days. I'm in a fog that I just can't shake and it's not leading to good choices :( Still staying calorically reasonable but I need to :kickbutt: myself into gear. I'm pretty sure my resolve just shut down since there is no chance of me making my goal and I just feel defeated. Silly, and at least I recognize it, but gotta get the healthy menus cranking again.

zeffryn
12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Aw, Emma. Sorry to hear that you're feeling defeated. You know what you need to do, so I'll refrain from saying it. Hope you get to feeling better soon! You're so close to goal :) *hugs*

Usernametaken
12-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Phase 2
B-green smoothie
L-WW bread w/roast beef and lots of veg
D-carnitas burrito in a flat out

TallandThin
12-10-2010, 02:15 AM
First off, this is for you Emma. I have read almost every one of your posts for the past month or so and I have been both encouraged and inspired by your accomplishments so pull up your bootstraps girl and find that place again that has made you so successful. I've got faith in you!

Now for me. I posted earlier today that I was eating out this afternoon with a friend. I want you all to know that I ate completely on plan. Had a nice big old salad with every on plan veg that I could find plus hb egg, beans and topped it off with vinaigrette dressing and ice tea. It was just the best ever feeling knowing that I wasn't going to fall off the beach. An hour or so later, we walked out of there and I was walking on air. Completely enjoyed visiting with my DH and friend and did not miss eating myself into a coma. Proud of me, myself and I!

zeffryn
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
AWESOME job, T&T! I know exactly what that feeling is and it's wonderful!

DH is on final test number 5 out of 6. I can't wait until he is finished. He's crabby and mama needs a pedicure.

-

p2

1: banana w/ almond butter
workout
2: black bean burger patty, salad
3: greek yogurt
4: beef stew, salad

EmmaD
12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
First off, this is for you Emma. I have read almost every one of your posts for the past month or so and I have been both encouraged and inspired by your accomplishments so pull up your bootstraps girl and find that place again that has made you so successful. I've got faith in you!

That's very sweet, thanks! I try to be really positive and focus on things I can control, but I have felt surprisingly discouraged and unmotivated lately. Time to shake it off. I will start with today :)

Now for me. I posted earlier today that I was eating out this afternoon with a friend. I want you all to know that I ate completely on plan.

VERY cool! I remember this feeling ... "walking on air" - LOVE it!

So here goes. After a few days of winging it, an actual plan.

Phase 2

B - coffee with fat free milk. Muffin in a Minute with mixed berries (forgot I had that mix in the fridge! yum).
S- veggie sausage with low sodium V-8
L- More lentil soup that I froze. With Greek yogurt. A cup of cinnamon vanilla tea.
S - broccoli/orange pepper with spicy hummus
D - Butternut squash mac & cheese that I didn't make last night since I didn't have any milk. Big ol' green salad. Stewed green beans that my hubby made last night.
dessert - greek yogurt with raw walnuts and a clementine

OK if I eat all of that: 1419 calories; 44 g fiber (whoa); 41% carbs 37% fat 22% protein

TallandThin
12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Phase 1.5 (no grains)

Just made Fireside white bean and sausage soup in the crockpot and have plenty of on plan food for B and L so now I can get on with my day and not even worry about what I'm going to eat. Plus I have leftover salsa chicken breasts in the freezer in case of an emergency. What a great feeling.

By the way, the scale is tormenting me! So close to my year end goal that I can reach out and touch it! Can hardly wait for the sixties!

zeffryn
12-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Just made one of my favorite lunches: a morningstar farms spicy black bean burger (p2 because of the corn), romaine, tomatoes, red bell peppers, cucumbers and salsa as the dressing. fast, easy and REALLY yummy. I'll be having these for the next few days :)

--

P2

1: ezekiel toast with .5 tsp almond butter, yogurt
workout
2: "taco" salad with lots of veggies and a cut up black bean burger; clementine
3: cucumbers and celery with laughing cow
4: deep dish spaghetti squash pie

exercise: at least 60 min. treadmill

Usernametaken
12-11-2010, 05:40 PM
B-Chocolate smoothie with spinach
L-WW veggie pizza, light on the cheese
D-WW spaghetti with chicken italian sausage

Very off plan both yesterday and today. Hardcore PMS + Family baking day= too many cookies, but I'm okay with it.

zeffryn
12-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I made it through a day of baking without completely bombing myself. I didn't eat any cookies - not even a part of one. They are sitting packaged as gifts in my fridge.

I'm gaining right now. I think it is the monthly bloat time - darn, that comes so fast!

-
P2

1: eggs with spinach
2: chicken lettuce wraps
3: roasted chickpeas
4: roast beef, green beans, salad

exercise: bike ride with the family

TallandThin
12-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Yesterday (phase 1.5) no grains

B - Decaf coffee w/sf creamer, mock pancakes, 1 turkey bacon, sf syrup
L - Lrg grn salad w/chicken, mushrooms, radish, tomato, yellow and grn squash, lf wht cheese and lf ranch dressing
S - 1 cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, walnuts.

Today I plan on having leftover Fireside white bean soup w/sausage for either lunch or dinner and have plenty of on plan food for the rest of my meals and snacks.

Zef, I am not ready to make cookies without sampling so will stay away from that this year. Proud of you for being able to do it.

zeffryn
12-12-2010, 12:47 PM
T&T, to be honest, i chose the stuff i made based on how big of a threat it was :) the only thing i made that would have been an issue, i made sure to only make JUST enough for the gifts.

hope for recovery
12-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi chicks, checking in for today:

B - mushroom soup - mushrooms, pine nuts, aubergines
L - mushroom soup - same as above (what a variety :))
S - creamed rice with cinnamon (half a tin)
D - chicken and stir fry veg (no oil but water, soy sauce, lemon and cashew)

I did not intend to eat the rice but i was really craving it or maybe the cinnamon, for tomorrow planning a bit of squash in low fat yogurt with cinnamon and cashew nuts.

Today I went shopping and I felt a bit sad about all the food that I cannot buy but I prefer this way and losing weight than staying the same weight.