Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Name a healthy & delicious food you plan to eat today!

DroppingPounds
12-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Thought this would be a neat thread that we could keep going for a while. I'll start it with something simple.

Today I plan on eating some clementines...mini oranges that I am using for a sweet snack throughout the day. Truly nature's candy.

katy trail
12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
edamame (soybeans) with ginger stir fry sauce on them :) i'm eating them right now.

i love clementines too! i eat them all the time now. i love how refreshed i feel during and afterwards :D

spixiet
12-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Spaghetti Squash tossed with pesto (the pesto is actually pesto mix powder, because I was trying to use up something in the pantry - but fresh is way better)

Also, a mixture of sauteed ground turkey, summer squash, eggplant, browned mushrooms, onions, spices and garlic in a little fresh marinara, topped with fresh grated parmesan and cooked under the broiler until browned and bubbly :carrot:

kittycarlson
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Brie and multi-grain gluten free crackers by Crunchmaster. I'm doing low carb and love it.

nelie
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Already today I've had a nice banana to start the day off.

I also had a salad with chickpeas for lunch.

JenMusic
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Sundays I have enough time to really cook lunch, so I had salmon, roasted asparagus, and a small sweet potato. YUM! I love it when my food is a bunch of different colors.

lazylioness
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
sugar free whole wheat pumpkin muffins...my breakfast "splurge" of the week

KatVee
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm munching on edamame too!

For lunch, I'm going to make some Chinese broccoli stir-fry.

For dinner, I have pasta with pesto and spinach planned.

seagirl
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Clementines!
Steamed cauliflower with soy sauce!
Homemade mushroom pizza later!

saef
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Red lentils, which I'm going to make into dal with carmelized onions. (I think I've spelled that dish's name right.) A friend at work just came back from India last week & brought me some spices, and I got a really cheap, small coffee grinder on Black Friday, which is going to be dedicated to grinding spices. So now I can finally make this recipe that I've had lying around for a while.

DroppingPounds
12-06-2010, 02:02 AM
edamame (soybeans) with ginger stir fry sauce on them :) i'm eating them right now.

i love clementines too! i eat them all the time now. i love how refreshed i feel during and afterwards :D

The ginger stir fry sauce sounds great. I've never had edamame like that. So do you boil it and just mix it in after straining?