Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Fri. 3 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day! TGIF
______

Yesterday's IP Daily Chat - Thursday, December 2, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-03-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning

I apologize for being a little late this morning opening up the new thread. I was wiped out and not even the pups woke me this morning. The sleep was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Hi! Do you go to the movies or watch it at home --- I was wondering what we can take to munch while the movie... I used to eat popcorn with lots of butter, I am not going anymore because I don't know what to munch...
I go to the movies on a regular basis. Here are the different items I've taken over the last few months in order to stay away from the snack bar:
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
    I apologize for being a little late this morning opening up the new thread. I was wiped out and not even the pups woke me this morning. The sleep was nice.

I go to the movies on a regular basis. Here are the different items I've taken over the last few months in order to stay away from the snack bar:
      what a GREAT IDEA.... i never thought to cut an IP bar up in lil pieces and bring to the movies.... and the soy puffs...are they good? I always hesitate to buy them...thinking I wont feel 'satisfied' after eating them...like I do with a bar. Down to 172 this morning! yahooo.... that is a loss of 39 on IP and 48 overall !!!!! I can NOT believe its almost 50 lbs.... omg
      Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  
      Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

My movie theater sells dill pickles (big ones!) so I usually get one of those.....and sometimes a diet pop (I don't drink them at home or even when out to eat so it's a splurge I can live with).

Soy puffs- if you are a former chocoholic, then you will LOVE the choc soy puffs. I have tried the others and they are ok. They aren't gross but they aren't a chip. Lol.

I cut up the bars all the time. I throw them in the freezer and if I am feeling "snacky" I will allow myself to have a bite. This feels like cheating, but it's not. Sometimes a half a bar and a lot of water will get you through until you can eat. Why eat a full restricted? Why not just take what you need?

Ok, on to me. I decided that I needed to start doing something....so, I did 30 mins of beginner yoga (from youtube videos). It wasn't bad....I think I can handle this every night.....so, I am looking to buy a couple DVDs.....but when I checked out Amazon, the choices were through the roof! I need suggestions. I am a beginner, but fairly flexible and athletic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Have a great IP day!!!
      Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #5  
      SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Good morning all! Just woke up from a dream that I had eaten a bagel with cream cheese right before my weigh in! Boy, was I glad when I woke up and find out it wasn't true. Anyone else have these dreams? I had them almost every night in the first week or so haha. I don't even care to have a bagel though, so I was like "what am I doing??" in the dream.

Anyhow, off to weigh in and get measured--hope I at least lost inches this week--still holding out and pushing through this rough time.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day
      Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #6  

Quote:
      Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
      My movie theater sells dill pickles (big ones!) so I usually get one of those.....and sometimes a diet pop (I don't drink them at home or even when out to eat so it's a splurge I can live with).

Soy puffs- if you are a former chocoholic, then you will LOVE the choc soy puffs. I have tried the others and they are ok. They aren't gross but they aren't a chip. Lol.

I cut up the bars all the time. I throw them in the freezer and if I am feeling "snacky" I will allow myself to have a bite. This feels like cheating, but it's not. Sometimes a half a bar and a lot of water will get you through until you can eat. Why eat a full restricted? Why not just take what you need?

Ok, on to me. I decided that I needed to start doing something....so, I did 30 mins of beginner yoga (from youtube videos). It wasn't bad....I think I can handle this every night.....so, I am looking to buy a couple DVDs.....but when I checked out Amazon, the choices were through the roof! I need suggestions. I am a beginner, but fairly flexible and athletic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Have a great IP day!!!
      Wow a theatre that sells Pickles?????????? coolio.... thanks for the info on the puffs. Will buy some tonight YUM
      Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #7  

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
      Good morning all! Just woke up from a dream that I had eaten a bagel with cream cheese right before my weigh in! Boy, was I glad when I woke up and find out it wasn't true. Anyone else have these dreams? I had them almost every night in the first week or so haha. I don't even care to have a bagel though, so I was like "what am I doing??" in the dream.

Anyhow, off to weigh in and get measured--hope I at least lost inches this week--still holding out and pushing through this rough time.

GOOD LUCK let us know
      Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #8  
      started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:

I have absolutly had these weird dreams where i eat stuff im not supposed to!! So glad Im not the only one!! lol
      I had a dream where i ate pizza and then had ice cream for dessert!! i woke up so confused and then thought omg...who the heck has dreams about food????
      all i can say is...thank goodness it was a dream!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #9  

Quote:
      Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
      Somewhere on the Exercise thread, makeitmatter lists several workout DVDs & if I remember right, some are yoga... I myself use Rodney Yee's A.M. Yoga DVD, & was a total beginner when I started, so if it was easy enough for me, probably anybody else could do it more easily... it's 5 different routines, one for each weekday... kinda fun... I got it at WallyWorld...

From yesterday:
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Linden View Post
      Hi Sheshie and Dave,

I'm not disagreeing with you but it is true that some people are really sensitive to salt intake and the common result is water retention, swollen ankles and fingers, raised blood pressure, etc. Despite the fact that my normal blood pressure is 104/65 and I always drink a lot of water, all I have to do is eat over 2000mg of sodium per day and bingo, serious water retention. I always strive to eat 1500mg or fewer a day which is usually very easy on the IP diet.

The comment I made early had to do with eat 1 vegetable serving of pickles, or 2 cups. I bought some pickles to make the Big Mac in a bowl and the absolutely lowest sodium content I could find was 370mg per ounce of pickle (28.35 grams). I cup of sliced dill pickles is 155 grams; 1-4" whole pickle is about 143 grams -- using USDA weights and measures. So 2 cups equals 2,000+ mg of sodium. It's not as bad as eating out at a typical Indian, Greek, Portuguese, or fast food restaurant, but it sure is a lot when your only eating about 800 calories a day and you are prone to salt/water retention.
      Linden, you are so right... sorry if it sounded like I was saying problems with sodium are never real... I guess I was just thinking of people in my own life who avoid salt altogether but I rarely see them drinking water either... in their cases, I think they just don't have all the facts or rather they don't believe all the evidence, they just pick & choose what they want to "know"..

Thanks for such an excellent explanation!.. hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 12-03-2010 at 10:13 AM.
      Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #10  
      Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:

I have the food dreams too. It always makes me wake up in a panic until I realize it is just a dream!
      Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #11  
      tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

This weekend I am at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs attending the Colorado Association of State Board convention. Last night I saw people whom I hadn't seen for a year and every one of the remarked about my weight loss. I was a little concerned re: food here but it is of the finest quality and high calories.

I felt I made good choices at the reception that we went to last night. Cocktails and hor d'ourves were to start at 6:30 with supper at 7:00. So about 5:00 I had my snack of chocolate soy puffs and was able to avoid the hor d'ourves. For my "cocktail" I had water with lemon slice in it -- I took the straw and played and squished the lemon slice so it kept me busy but it was also very refreshing and I continued to get my water.

They had a gorgeous pasta bar and the chef was sauteeing garlic as well as other spices that smelled so good, but I avoided the pasta bar altogether. At the main table they had quail with a cream sauce -- Nope, not on the program. But the next server had veal medallions, no sauce, so I took a small slice of that and the next one had baked bass, another small piece and then I had brocolli, no cheese sauce. I believe I stayed on protocol as much as I could.

After supper I felt totally satisfied, not stuffed like some years, and feel great this morning.

Have a great day everybody.
      Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #12  
      Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Good morning everyone! I agree on the movie snacks... the chocolate soy puffs or southwest cheese curls are perfect. Or sometimes I just grab a bar as back up. However I've found lately that I don't really even need a snack during the movie and have gone the entire movie before I realize oh yeah I brought a snack! LOL

I had the food dreams for the first month, haven't had any recently. Yay! I bought Zumba Wii to try out to boost my exercise... if you like Zumba you've got to get this it is so much fun!

Also, I am so glad I started using the Bragg's amino acids instead of the Soya sauce. I've finally conquered the Big C and become semi-regular. I highly recommend getting some I know it's sold at Whole Foods but you can go to their website and find a store location as well. LOVE IT!

Last edited by jency; 12-03-2010 at 10:50 AM.
      Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Blah, had my weigh in this morning, and I think I am forever stuck in the 160's! LOL!

160.4, down 1.5 pounds from last week! Of course it couldn't be the whole 2 I've been losing, that would have put it into the 150's! HA HA HA!
      I lost 1/2 an inch.

I do know that I went wrong this week with a couple of higher carb days due to long hours at work. I am not discouraged, just disappointed!

I WILL see that 150's next week, I know I will!

Hope everyone has a fabulous IP day!
      Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #14  
      Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
      Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
      I apologize for being a little late this morning. I go to the movies on a regular basis.
      Just what kind of movies are you going to? And are you going alone or in the company of a male "pickle" advocate?

BTW, you're naughty...
      Old 12-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #15  
      Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,
      Last night while talking to my mother she had mentioned that being single must be the hardest way to diet. I disagree. I believe that people with families especially children have it the hardest. My hat is off you!!!
      Closed Thread