Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 03:40 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday, Nov. 12

Good morning ladies,

It is officially Tuesday....just 12:34 A.M. right now.
I slept on the couch in the basement for 2 1/2 hours in the evening while DH watched TV. So now I am awake....eventually I will get used to the time change. I don't want to be awake at 4 A.M. for the day....so I will stay on the computer for a bit.

Yesteday which was only about 1/2 an hour ago.....I had a good day being OP....my first day OP since I got back from my trip.

Did some unpacking & laundry & a bit of cleaning today. When I woke up in the morning....it was snowing...we must have at least 3 or 4 inches of snow by now.

Kempyd.....all that painting....just reading about it makes me exhausted!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will check in later.

Have a great day everyone.

April

Old 11-12-2002, 09:21 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

Oh what a day already, bambino is very sick, crying cause when she coughs it hurts and her eye is swolen ? don't know where that one came from. So hubby is taking her to the doctors this afternoon.

I have alot to do at work today as usual but I don't want to do it waaah I'm bored if you know what I mean.

April, welcome home !!

The rest of you chickies, have a blessed day, and hopefully i'll be checking back in later.

Love, Leenie
Old 11-12-2002, 10:28 AM   #3  

Talking A day to relax!

Hey gonna be a short week...as we had the long weekend for rememberence day!

Gonna join ww again today....wish me luck I have just been packing on the pounds!

Hope all is well gang!

Talk to you soon. I am off and running!

Lizbeth
Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 AM   #4  

Good luck liz.

I am researching to buy a computer for my house today. I really should be working but all the typing looks like I am hard at work. I am tired of not knowing what is going on on the site at night and on weekends.

I rained so hard here yesterday I drove home 30 mph with wipers full blast and still couldn't see anything. It was terrible. I went to get the dog out of her pen when I got home and the pen looked like it was floating in a lake. The thing is lifted off the ground too. Don't worry she has a roof on top so she was not out in the rain.

I wish I knew how to attach a picture here. I would post a picture of her so everyone can see how unbeleivable cute she is. I can't help it I am a proud moma.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #5  

I have some pictures that you guys can see of me. If you want me to send them to you pm me with your e-mail and I will be happy to send them your way.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:43 PM   #6  

New here, just thought I would say hi!
Old 11-12-2002, 04:52 PM   #7  

Hi welcome to the board!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #8  

Talking Hi amber!

I love the saying at the end of your post!

Awesome!

Come back~

Elizabeth
Old 11-13-2002, 10:03 AM   #9  

thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Amber !!!
Welcome and hope you can stick around.

Congrats on the weight loss Whats your secret ?

Love, Leenie
Old 11-13-2002, 02:52 PM   #11  

my doc put me on phentermine. it has helped curb my appetite without feeling spazzed out and hyper like OTC diet pills. in the meatime i have used it as an aid to learn how to eat right, smaller portions/better choices. i am having toruble with the exercise part and have not been able to start losing again (after taking a month break from the pills). so i am feeling down and out and like quite a failure. today i am better than yesterday, yesterday i was in tears. one day at a time right???
Old 11-13-2002, 03:10 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Amber we all get that way, down and out that is. It sucks I agree. You know the more down I get, the more I gain, SO I try to be positive. I bet your tickled with what you've lost so far. Do you feel better physically? You've really accomplished something great weather or not you think so.

I was on Phentermine a few years ago and LOVED IT !! but after I went off of it.......Poof !! I plumped up and then some. I would love to go back on it. I think if after Christmas I'm not doing well I will talk to my doctor, but stuborn old me I wanna try it AGAIN on my own.....Oh Lordy !!

Don't you wish you could lose weight by crying...shoot I'd be all skin & bones by now. Here's my sholder if you need it Just remember you can cry any time here, thats why its called support.

I feel like when I post on the daily, and post happy things, it can make me feel a little better. Or even reading about someone elses world.

Almost time to go home, hope to see you soon.

Love, Leenie
Old 11-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #13  

yah I do feel better some days and others I feel like I am still 30 lbs heavier. I have been off of phen for a little over a month and have maintained the 30 lb loss so I am not too concerned about gaining it all back like I was before. Believe me this is a first. So I started taking them again and am trying to get that motivaton back. I go agree the encouragement here has really helped lift my spirits! Thanks!
Closed Thread