Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encourager's DECEMBER Thread ...

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2010, 11:43 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Thought it was time that we started a new thread; seems we missed November altogether ... :lol:

We have been doing stuff around here; eating OK with only the odd slip, but then I try to get right back at it the next day. We had lots of ***** then lots of :rain: so my Mary & Joseph got all wet -- now they are drying out in our hallway. Hope we can salvage them: DH wants to get some plywood to make a solid backing for them which would be much better really ...

Our new little electric stove arrived and it is really nice; I took some pics but it might take a while to post them but will try soon. It looks like a little wood stove and the flames are quite realistic and so calming. With my little Christmas tree on too, it is quite nice.

Hope all our friends here are having a great first week of December ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks for getting us up for Christmas month Rosebud!

winning the war
12-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Up here in Maine we're still waiting for the snow to arrive. Our family is doing well and will be visiting family out of state for Christmas. We have been blessed with the means to help another family provide Christmas gifts and dinner this holiday season, so sending up some praise for that! We'll be putting up our tree this weekend and decorating the house. Have a great day everyone!

Bootsie
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks Rosebud for getting us started this wonderful month. I have been making cornbread and biscuits like crazy for stuffing ! My husband is on the board of directors for the local community house and they are giving a Christmas dinner for all the community. I am making 6 loaves of bread , 4 pies , cooked 2 old chickens yesterday for some good broth , got the livers and gizzards cooked and saved their broth, cooked 6 pans of cornbread, 4 pans of homemade biscuits, still have to cut the onions and celery up , boil 4 dozen eggs then peel tomorrow. Still have not got my pies done figured I could do them tonight. I am going to make two buttermilk , 1 chocolate and 1 coconut without its crust, makes its own. Then hubbie wants to make his cream pies Then we have 4 gallons of green beans to fix up. Forgot! Also got to cook one turkey! Every one on the board I think is cooking a turkey. Plus can't forget that cranberry sauce!

ronni62
12-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Well, we're starting to get a little of the white stuff now-supposed to have 4-7 inches by Saturday, I guess:snowglo:

Gary- I loved your post on the 'Christmas' question. I agree there really are big differences among the reasons for Christmas, whether it's our faith, or just the 'let me play too' attitude. Unfortunately, those who are offended by the term Christmas and references to the real reason we celebrate it are the ones who know they're missing 'something' but don't want to accept what that Something is:(

Rosebud-we've wanted to have a nativity for a long time, but the way our house is situated, the wind howls down our street and around our house and we've had many things blow away (we're in the 12th windiest county in the nation, I guess, and have lots of wind turbines to prove it!), so we're afraid to put anything else out until we can figure the best way to keep it here:)

We're in a transition week-DH has started rotating shifts again, with last night being his first night (12 hours), so he's trying to sleep, but having problems, partly due to our town's stupid siren that goes off every day at noon, 1, and 6. We have started a petition to try to have it stopped except for emergencies, but we're finding that 1) people don't want change and 2) no one cares if it doesn't affect them. Everyone within 3 blocks of the siren wants it stopped, but the ones who live further away, including the mayor and all the city council, can actually hear their conversations, tv's, telephones, etc, when the siren's blowing, so they don't think it's a problem and don't want to listen to those of us who are having our hearing damaged-sad that no one has empathy anymore.

So, anyway, we're trying to figure out how to keep DH sleeping, so he doesn't have an accident on the way to or from work, but he's still not sure he even wants this job, so may just go back to his old one (union privilege-it's less money, but he only had to work days)--we'll see....

Well, gotta go get lunch! ttfn!

ronni62
12-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Bootsie-you were posting while I was writing:) You're one busy woman! I'm sure everyone will enjoy your work!

Bootsie
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi Ronnie! Don't fret about it. My Daddy used to have shifts like that also. He was a night watchman. My Mama would work during the day at a cafe and then come home and work biggest part of the night on the house, keeping it in order. She was the cleanest woman I have ever known. I took more after my Daddy , but I sure wish I was more like her, I just hate housekeeping and I should be thankful for it.

Bootsie
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Good Morning everyone, Christians and Non Christians for it seems we have both here reading our threads is not it wonderful how God is using us to show his love to all? Welcome to all new comers who have posted and are just grazing through, I for one have really enjoyed reading your posting!

I met the most friendliest little boy at the store this morning telling me how his puppy died , his cat died and his Mama died, only 4 years old and he just seemed to appreciate life so much. He got these two fake eggs and he shook them and said what is in there, I said nothing they are fake eggs . He shook them again and said there is something in there I can hear it and he shook it next to my head . I said no I don't hear anything. He shook the egg again and said don't you hear that? I said no. He said I know why you can't hear it and I can. I said Why? He said I don't have hair over my ears, so I can hear better than you! Ha! Ha! I have long hair.
I asked him when his birthday was and he first told me today. I asked his Grandpa and he said NO it is not today. I said now when is your real Birthday? He said , When I turn 5! Good answer! Ha!
I took him out to see the calves and they never seen a person that small and the girl calf just looked at him , just could not take her eyes off of him,and he wanted to pet her but he was afraid too, but he loved seeing them. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and please don't let life stress you out, hold on to good sense and have a wonderful weekend!

Bootsie
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Rosebud I am going to join the Outlook ministry again this time for a whole year. I think it is going to be a lot of fun and the encouragement they have given to me already is awesome. That does not mean that I will not be posting here , can't get rid of me, your stuck with me!I hope your feeling better and your family is doing better. Well best go have a strawberry shortcake cake in the oven for my niece's birthday!

EZMONEY
12-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Gals :clause:

Taking a few minutes to check in. Angie is decorating the inside of the house for Christmas, I did the outside lights a few days ago. I stay out of her way and she stays out of mine ;) And it all comes together nicely :tree:

Tonight is my company's :xcheer: Christmas party, always a fun time.

My nephew came by last night and picked up some pots and pans. He moved into an apartment with another buddy, his first real place on his own. He had a girl coming over and he wanted to cook her dinner. I threatened him with his life to bring the Pampered Chef skillet back :D He did an hour ago, said all went well.

The weather got warmer the end of the week, sure was cold earlier. Angie and I did 4 miles with the mutts this morning and hit Starbucks before she went to bell choir practice at church.

Enjoy your week-end :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see all our friends, new & old stopping by this month ... our weather has cooled down a bit for us too; very chilly out there tonight :brr: esp with a cold wind that makes it feel colder too.

Well, we did buy some plywood and I remade our MARY & JOSEPH the other day -- it took me all day to draw them and color them in: finally finished the coloring about 12:30 AM. My arm & shoulder were really sore after all that, but they turned out so much nicer than before. I am going to take some new pics of them tomorrow as well.

We finished up our outdoor display today; I put up my last set of candy cane lights this afternoon. We had been up town doing a bit of shopping in the morning as it was lovely with full :sunny: until late this afternoon.

Now I have to work on my Christmas cards and wrapping gifts to get them out in the mail before the last minute rush starts. So I'll be busy with that over the next few days too.

BOOTSIE ~ Boy, you sure got a lot of baking to do; how do you find the time with helping at the store too? I agree with RONNIE that those folks will sure enjoy all your hard work, but I hope you enjoy it too. That little boy sounded like a real darling. I don't blame you if you want to rejoin your favorite group since you liked it/them so much -- actually, I thought you already had (I guess I misunderstood about that). And yes, I hope you do still come by here as we would miss you too.

One of my nieces works in her mother's computer store and she is going to send me up some programs for my PC soon; and for a good price too. I hope to get my other PC up and working again if I can, but it will take me some time to accomplish that as it takes a lot of time to figure things like that out when you are new at it. So, in the meanwhile, I am using an older machine which takes much longer to post with, but I am still coming in a few times a week. I post when it is co-operating with me ... ;)

RONNIE ~ So nice to hear from you again; glad that you are coming by to chat with us. Will pray for your DH about the sleeping issue; could you get him some ear plugs? I have a pair that fit in my ears and they are so helpful for me to sleep when DH or the neighbors make too much noise for me. Sometimes it's music, but sometimes, it's DH snoring. I use them when I'm posting on here too as I need quiet to concentrate or I start making mistakes from the noise around me.

:welcome: WINNING ~ nice to have you join us here; do come back often -- we love lots of company over here. :D

HI GARY ~ I liked that post too; thought is was great (good answer to that thread). I didn't get to read all the posts in the thread but got the gist of it from the ones I did read. I actually feel sorry for people that would be offended by someone saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to them -- that one kinda surprised me, as did the fact that some people don't understand what Christians mean when they say that JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! It is such an innocent statement ~ JESUS IS THE REAL REASON WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS: it's just a gentle reminder to us all -- it's not a commercial slogan for the retail sector ... :?:

Christmas is such a happy, joyous celebration that I can't understand anyone letting themselves get so riled up about it; plus I hear that many people do share in it -- Christian or not; and I think that's just super!

I am cheating ;) this year so I won't get too tired out for Chrismas Day -- I bought two meat pies today and some Scotch Shortbread (which is divine). I will be baking a real turkey and meal for our friends though. I am buying a lot of the snacks too.

Time to get this post off now; hope you all are having a wonderful weekend too -- take good care ... Rosebud :flow2:

Bootsie
12-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Good morning to all!
The day started out great. I made my niece a birthday cake yesterday, Strawberry Shortcake , she turns 14 today. She comes up to the store early in the morning to eat breakfast, one of the guys makes sausage wraps. Well we surprised her celebrated her birthday. This young man who I think the world of brought her some muffins and after we sung her Happy Birthday to her ,she stood in the door way red face almost in tears, and she came around had her make a wish and she blew out the candle, this young man handed her a muffin he made for her with a candle on it. Oh I wish I had my camera to take that picture! it was so awesome!
Then I came home was outside looking for my outlook books and the Siamese twins got out in the store room and I got one was bringing it back in a picture fell behind me and broke and that cat went berserk! Stuck a claw in my hand and it was like a knife cut, I really need stitches my flesh on my hand just lays back, but I put olive oil on it and it will be healed within a week as long as I put that on there, just need to wrap it up. That hurt! It was not the cats fault though the picture scared the tar-nation out of the poor thing.

I sure got a praise ,thank the dear Lord that kittens claws aren't no longer than they are ,or I would have a sliced off hand!!

Best go feed the animals and see if I can catch the other kitten and clean up the broken glass, glad the picture did not land on my head!

Oh Rosebud I had joined for 3 months a while back and lost weight, quit and regained! They have a special though going right now and I can afford the whole year! I am so glad for when you go there and (you know my real name )look at the support they have already given to me. Those ladies are awesome, like you. It is like being surrounded by Rosebuds. Go to

http://www.outlookministry.org/community/index.php?/forum/194-december-2010-general-discussion-board/
and click on:
Welcome to your online support group!

ronni62
12-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Bootsie-hope that hand heals up really quickly. Cats can really do damage when they get startled! Sounds like you all just made your niece's day-she'll always remember that birthday:)

Rosebud-DH brings home earplugs from work to wear to sleep. The main issue is the town's siren. They put up this new one a couple years ago and it's just wayyyyy tooooo loud for those of us within about 3-4 blocks of it, but they wanted the people at the golf club and the campground to be able to hear it. That's fine, but they should have just put up 2 normal sirens instead of one that will wake the dead:( Need to get out with my petition. Of course, those who asked me to do it aren't ever available to help go door-to-door, as they work, and, since I'm a stay home mom, I must have all the time in the world to go get signatures, right??? Might have it done by next summer, I guess....

Glad you were able to remake your nativity! I finally got our indoor decos up, but not doing the stuff outside, since we got some snow and ice and it's just too cold for me to be out now. Oh, well.....that just means I won't have to try to take it all down when we have 3 feet of snow in a month or so;)

Gary -hope you had a nice Christmas party!

Well, gotta get going here. DS3 has doc and chiropractor appts. so we get to go to town-might see if there's some Christmas deals too:) You all take care and have a great day!

Bootsie
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Gary sounds like you had fun .

Ronni is there some way they could turn it down in just plain courtesy for those who have to work at night time? When you cannot sleep due to that, it effects everything he does his driving and how he preforms at his job. If the golf place and campgrounds wants to hear it maybe they should put one out there so they can hear it.
Rosebud I got my Christmas scene up today ,It is a round bale of hay with seven tractors, lit up on top ,a reef in the middle with a Santa claus in it and lights going around to make it look like a moving wheel, wish I could of talked Hubbie into loaning me another big bale and four squares and had a tractor with two moving wheels.
My hand is better but still swollen looks like a wasp stung me! Then this morning of all things was rearranging things and knocked the blender off on my foot! OUCH! It is Black and blue and I am hobbling around. It comes in 3's and I am so scared what is next!

JavaDesire
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to the site... and I'm glad to have found some brothers & sisters to chat with. I'm a work-at-home mom to twin boys (who will be 1 year old on 12/19). Life is crazy. But I keep reminding myself God doesn't give us more than we can handle. :-)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the days & weeks ahead.

ronni62
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
:welcome2: Java! Hopefully, you'll find this a wonderful place-I know there are some really great, supportive people here. Glad to meet ya'!

Well, I'm here just killing time right now, as I really have nothing to say. Going to go make cookies in a bit, so I can send some to DS2 in a finals' week care package. So, PRAY FOR ME!!! I'm actually doing really good at not eating things that used to tempt me, but chocolate chip cookie dough is something I can never resist, so I'll just be sure to have only one or two bites and not a half a bowl:D

I really don't know what made the turnaround for me with the emo eating, but one of my friends dad died a couple weeks ago of cancer and I spent a lot of time crying for her and her family and I think it may have been the 'cleansing' I needed. It was good for me to have someone else to talk to and know exactly how I had felt when my dad passed and to be supportive for her as well. And, now, with the holiday season here, I have just given myself permission to cry whenever I feel I need to (like at Walmart yesterday when something reminded me of dad) and not try to act like I'm happy and problem-free all the time. We all know that's false anyway, so I'm dealing with my feelings realistically. And, with God's help, I've now lost over 7 pounds since last Monday and I'm far from starving myself;)

Well, I must get to work and, for some reason, I'm not hearing DS3 moving, so must be needing to roust him a bit:devil: Have a great day, everyone!!

Bootsie
12-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey there Java WELCOME!:smug: I know you will like this group I love em! On my way to feed the animals.
Oh, Harry my cat followed me and followed me yesterday and I got up to see about him last night and he met me at their cat condo door heard me coming, then I went out to feed him this morning and he had died in his sleep, did not look like he suffered a painful death , just died and he lived his life to his fullest ,now he is in God's hands and arms.

Last night i looked at him as he was following me by sound of my feet and I thought to myself or to God, it must be **** not being able to see but just look at the things you do see that people with eyesight does not see. It is like in the a poem I picked up,words by Robert Hunter,

There will come a time when the Blind man will take your hand and ,ask you don't you see? Don't give up, got to make it somehow on the dreams you still believe. Don't give up, Don't give up you've got an empty cup only love can fill, only love can fill

Rufuss (Harrys Big 25 pound buddy) is staying in tonight with me. Rufuss stood by his grave as I laid Harry in it and covered him up.

bargoo
12-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Java,welcome and good luck!
Bootsie, sorry to hear about your cat.

Faithiskey
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello,
My name is Cindy and I'm 35 years old. I've been struggling for the past few years to commit to a plan and lose weight. This past month I really gave the Atkins diet a really good try. I was proud of myself for sticking with but it didn't work for me. Normally I would give up but this time I decided that maybe I just needed to switch plans. I considered WW but hubby and I can't afford that until next month. I found a Curves diet book at the library. I'm going to give it a try.

It really helps me to be able to chat about this. I didn't really find a specific place here for the Curves diet. I found this place and I hope I can join in.

Bootsie
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Hello Cindy and welcome. Cindy I know all about struggling and I have switched diets so many times and I always end up back to First Place. The doctor told me to try the Atkins diet , well you really have to exercise a-lot to be on it to work and my friend made me walk 3 miles every morning which was great. I lost 15 pounds on it Then I went to First Place and lost 75 pounds in a year and a half. Weighing each week in front of one person helps you to loose too, do you know someone who will do that for you? They do have an online Outlook ministry, I have a thread on it down below if you would like to check it out. I have rejoined and right now they are busy picking me up and getting me going again. I ordered my Bible Study yesterday and I like the title; Walking in Grace. Let me tell you girl it is not easy at all loosing weight on your own. Here I turn in my eating , exercise ect... I will let you know how I am doing at the end of January but I expect with all the support I will get that I will loose weight. I have curves book also somewhere, it does look good ,are you going to a curves or you doing the exercises they describe in the book at home? When you post enough , what you might do , is start a thread and ask anyone if they are doing curves or would like to start, just a suggestion, you never know there maybe someone here on curves. The best of luck Cindy and I will see if I can find my curves book also. Have a wonderful day.

Thank You Bargo, I turned Rufuss in the house with the Siamese twins and he don't much care for the little trouble makers. He laid on the back of the chair all night but wanted out twice , so I let him . I think he kinda likes being back in the house if it wasn't for the twins.

Faithiskey
12-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Bootsie for the warm welcome and the tips.

I will try posting on a main board and see if there are others doing the diet.
I'll check out First Place also. It sounds interesting.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
:welcome: to JAVA ~ those twins will keep you busy running for sure; and that will help keep you in shape, no doubt ...

:welcome3: CINDY ~ I don't know much about the CURVES Diet; I have only heard about the place they go to exercise, but I have heard that they do offer advice about eating too. Best wishes on your new journey ...

BOOTSIE ~ sorry to hear about HARRY, your cat -- but we know that he is at peace and not suffering in any way in KITTY HEAVEN ... :hug:

HI RONNIE ~ :congrat: on losing those 7 LBS FOREVER!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better; yes, your friend knows exactly what you have been & are going through, and that can be so helpful. The word says that we are comforted so that we can comfort others who are going through the same thing; and some day you will be able to comfort others who are passing through the same experiences as you too. GOD IS AWESOME, and HE knows how to send just the right people into our lives at the right time to help us ... :hug:

:wave: BARGOO ...

It has been very cold here with lots of blowing wind & snow the last few days but we think that it is finally letting up a bit. We actually saw a little :sunny: today; that was sooo very nice. We are supposed to get some more tomorrow too.

I cleaned off our front porch today; the snow I mean. That is one way for me to get a little extra exercise in the wintertime. DH does the end of the laneway so we can get out, but the porch is my domain. It felt really invigorating, despite the cold. We have to get a different kind of ice salt as our laneway is all ice again; the other kind just isn't working well enuff. I want to go out for a walk but need something like rock salt, I think.

Ate well today (yesterday afternoon, notsogood); am glad that the LORD helps me pick up even when I don't do as well as hoped. I figure that over the week one slip will average out in the end. I got all my Christmas Cards done yesterday; and just have few gifts to do for the mail -- I'm getting there.

We are having a few friends here for Christmas Day; we have an invite for a small gathering on Christmas Eve and on Boxing Day. Hope we get nice weather this year; and everyone is feeling well this year too.

I have been doing a bit of reading in the evening; I read one Christmas romance story -- now I'm reading a Christian book about the blessings of humor and Joy in our lives. Last night I did my emails; it takes longer with this machine, so I have to spread things out a bit.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week; do take good care ... ROSEBUD :flow2:

EZMONEY
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi GALS ~

Angie and I are watching TV old reruns....Wonder Years/Doogie Howser and Happy Days....

catching up here during commercials while she multi-tasks Christmas cards and Baby shower cards.....

Welcome FAITHISTHEKEY and JAVADESIRE....

Good to have you visit and JAVA, my step-d's birthday is 12/19!

Be good

ronni62
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Welcome, Cindy! Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have:)

Bootsie-sorry about your kitty. He must have known he only had a few more hours, so he wanted to spend it with you:)

Well, DH made it through the first week on nights which turned into early, early days for training on startups, so now he has 7 days off unless, of course, he gets called in for training again. We actually went Christmas shopping together last night for the first time in years-I usually have to do it all myself. OK, well, he's really not that much help, but at least he was there;)

Must get something done here now, so ttfn!

EZMONEY
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
HI GALS :)

I am off work today, gives me a chance to do my Saturday chores early :) Not too much to do though as I have been real slow at work and usually have most of the yard and house done as the week goes along....Angie and I don't make much of a mess but oh my these golden's of mine :D They leave their toys everywhere....should have taught them to pick-up after themselves when they were puppies ;)

Not much going on around here really. No major issues...which is a good thing :) Angie and I have a party at her principal's house to go to tomorrow evening. Should be fun and lucky me 'cause Angie usually doesn't want to stay late at these things....usually gone by 9pm.

The weather here has been very nice this week, might even get into the 80's this week-end. Still cool mornings but I am back to wearing a sweatshirt to walk the dogs and not my jacket. We are weenies here when it comes to "weather" :D

I came ~ posted ~ read ~ prayed....will return soon :)

Ashley777
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
hi everyone, just wanted ot ask if you could say a little prayer for me and hubby. He got laid off last may and his EI benefits ran out and we are broke. I have a good job but living expenses are expensive even when you have no debt cept a car payment. he was on SSD and lost his benefits alomost three years ago so we moved to canada ( I am canadian) cause I can make more money here. We are applealing his SSD but it has been three years and they recently lost his file etc etc. Please pray for a job for him or his benefits to be reinestated. He is bi polar with anxiety disorder. Started a new job a month ago and only lasted 2 weeks due to daily panic attacks. I have dealt with stress int eh past by eating. I dont want to do that anymore. I would apprecieate your prayers. THank you.

bargoo
12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Ashley, praying for you and hubby that the perfect solution will be found.

EZMONEY
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Got'cha covered ASHLEY

Bootsie
12-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Praying for you and your husband Ashley.

ronni62
12-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Ashley-prayers for your situation. Let us know how you're both doing:hug:

Gary-just to let you know, we're having rain and 32 right now, with snow and blizzard conditions expected by morning:p Enjoy your sunshine and warmth:)

We had to go to MN today to help DH's mom get a 'new' car. Her current car is an 89 Taurus that we had before getting our first van in 01. The car now has over 300,000 miles on it-engine's great, but some of the frame is rusting out (due, of course, to the MN winters and road salt). So, she was fortunate to find another used Taurus for really, really cheap and we went to check it out and 'loan' her some funds for the purchase, as she's on very limited income. And, of course, the rains started just as we were leaving to come home, so it was a long, worrisome trip, as areas of the highway had some ice starting to form already. Glad to be home and inside now to wait for the blizzard:snowglo:

Well, hope everyone has a good evening and God bless!

Bootsie
12-10-2010, 11:02 PM
My kinfolk on my Daddy's side live in Lafayette Indiana I bet they are getting snow too, Ronni. I really don't know how you survive all that snow and cold. If it ices up in Texas, schools close. business's close ect... we Texans just don't rightly know how to handle cold cold conditions and rightly don't want too. I do love the snow as long as it don't last over two days, this old lady has so much fun in it, love to catch my hubbie outside and we have us a real snow ball fight! Old lee my dog and I have fun in it too. Stay warm Ronni!

Ashley777
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Thank you so much for your prayers! I know God is our provider and will provide what we need from day to day I just dont like that this happens right at Christmas. I am glad I have bought most of the kids and grandkids gifts. I just have my two grandaughters left that are 3 and 1. They wont remember anyways and I wanted to get them a Worship CD for kids. With a blended family there are 13 of us including our grown children their spouses and grandkids. Just a few years ago it was just me and my two kids. I love how God has grown our family.
IT is a new day today I see some people are shoveling snow, I love shoveling snow it is an amazing workout and it feels so good and refreshing to be out in the cold then I see some of us have 80f weather. We are -18c today not too bad but cold still.

Bootsie
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Isn't it amazing Ashley how God has blessed you with an amazing family? Gifts are not all that important Ashley it is what is in ones self. You seem to be an amazing Grandmother who loves her Grandchildren with every beat of your heart. Making Christmas a wonderful time would just be great having a Grandmother like you to spend time with. Yes presents is fun but what is in ones heart is so much precious. Taking them to the park,swinging them in swings, snowball fight, jacks, when is the last time you played Jacks Ashley? Don't worry to much about they get enough for Christmas , you are a Christmas present to them. Just make it a joyful time even if you have to play hide and seek with them! Or better homemade snow ice cream and a snow ball fight slide riding in the snow YEEHA! Just live life to the fullest and forget about money for that day just wrap that day around your loved ones.

We have picked names in the past but some do not want that. We are having Christmas again at our place and I will bake something , instead of buying expensive gifts for each for Christmas this year including the children who are here, no toys from me this year. Grandchildren are so special and yes I do want them to have the best but I think appreciation for life is one gift. You see we almost lost my grandson 2 years back in a wreak, he broke his jaw and both his arms, he for one has learned how to appreciate the little things in life like, hugs , time spent with loved ones, homemade gifts, special talks, getting to see ones he loves he has not seen in a while.

I just thank our dear Lord for all 5 grandchildren ,our daughter and her husband my husband. Kinfolks coming this year and I will be awfully sad to see them go ;no matter how tired I am for I don't know once they leave if I will ever see them again for that has been the case this year, twice.

We have been picking names, but this year I am baking couples a loaf of bread, and the children cookies. I am wrapping them up and I am putting them under the Christmas tree.

ronni62
12-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, woke up today and the blizzard was over-yay! We're guessing we got about 10" of snow, but hard to tell because of the drifting-some piles are 2 or 3 feet deep, but in other places, you could see the sidewalk. Having grown up in southeastern IN, I'm sure I will never get used to this stuff. We always get so much at one time and then it won't leave for 5 or 6 months:p

So, no church today-everything was cancelled. DH and DS3 cleared the snow from the driveway and sidewalks, while I made duck soup. Now, to relax and watch Indiana Jones:)

Hope you're all keeping warm! Have a nice evening!

Ashley777
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
thanks Bootsie and everyone for the great words of encouragement. I so know it is not about presents and God knows we are very blessed even when we live paycheck to paycheck or don't know where our next months rent is going to come but sometimes I am so human i just feel like venting :P God knows our needs and meets them so wonderufully. I had a wonderful weekend, just started taking the 1 year old grandaughter to church we have taken the 3 year old since she was 10 months. It was so fun, they are both very musical and love to dance to the music it is such a precious blessing to see. We are having our Christmas celebration with our grandson and his mom this Sat, i am so looking forward to it. My son and his wife are currently separated, which is more heartbreaking than anything as my daughter in law is like adaughter to me and they have been together since they were 17. this was the first Sunday I have not cryed my eyes out at church over this and it has been since July and they both even gave their hearts back to the Lord just before this.
The best thing in life is love and family and my son almost died when he was 13 so I know how precious it is, especially when you come to the point in the middle of the night when you live in the hospital with your child and you have to come to the relization he may not wake up in the morning and you may go home without your child.
No matter where we are at in our lives right now Christmas will still come, but it is wonderful because Jesus still came no matter our circumstances, no matter what is in the bank, no matter if our grandmother is dying and we are just waiting on getting the call, no matter what our spouses have done to us, no matter what we have chosen to do to ourselves. Jesus loves us, died for us and is there to help us thru every circumstance and situation. No matter we face this Christmas JESUS STILL LOVES US! yay
Today my challenge is to live for him, to not binge, to not get mad at my hubby cause he isnt doing what I think he should be doing but be thankful that he is doing what God wants him to do, and to have a good attitude even if I have to cook dinner tonight even though hubby has been home all day, I am thankful I have a hubby.

Bootsie
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Well got rid of two buck sheep and one Billy Goat today. I am relieved of that for I was always afraid to go thru an opening with those Buck sheep behind me for it was a game with them to jump over me if i did. The Billy goat pushed me around and I did not like his kids to short legged. We need something that has legs and I figured since his Mama was long legged and he is 1/2 boar they would be good kids, think they are angora mixed in there somewhere. Well best go and get those kids in a pen a wean them.

islandchick1
12-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to the site... and I'm glad to have found some brothers & sisters to chat with. I'm a work-at-home mom to twin boys (who will be 1 year old on 12/19). Life is crazy. But I keep reminding myself God doesn't give us more than we can handle. :-)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the days & weeks ahead.

Hi Java and welcome!
I raised 5 kids (4 boys and finally a girl) on just that notion. Although, I had many conversations with God as to why He thought I was wonder woman :lol:
Bless you and your children :)

Bootsie
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
My daughter has 5 children also, 3 boys and 2 girls. I wanted 12 children only had one, God knows what is best, though he has given me lots of 4 legged kids!

Looks like we are going to my brother in laws down the road for Christmas dinner and back up here for games and snacks . Ought to be a good day!

I sure am enjoying the outlook ministry free this month , those of you that have been curious and would like to find out out what Outlook Ministry, First Place for Health is all about . Here is the web site and it is free to post and meet some of the Leaders this month.

http://www.outlookministry.org/community/index.php?/forum/194-december-2010-general-discussion-board/page__s__d320a4c129bd930018ed9515d995c6ed

starfish
12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi friends! I recently joined, and I was just perusing through the forum site and found this one. I'd love to join your conversation and find some inspiration or thinspiration through God. I'm a college student, so trying to lose weight on campus in the midst of stressful exams, Christmas-time, and pressure to drink/eat out is really hard. I know that my weight gain has pushed me so far away from God because I have not been treating my body like the temple it is - working out regularly, only eating when I'm hungry, etc. And I really want to change. Looking for some faith-filled support to help me finally reach my weight goals and live the life I was meant to live!!

ronni62
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Welcome to our newbies! Glad to have you all here!

starfish-I remember how hard it was to watch what I ate while in college (that's been a loooooonnnng time ago, now) and now my oldest son is in college and having a hard time just finding things he likes to eat, so he's actually lost weight (but he's an athlete too, so that helped). Just try to make the healthiest choices you can and take time to relax, pray, and put the stress away:)

Not so much going on here. DS3 had youth group tonight, but it started snowing again before we got to town and by the time we came home (3 hours later) the roads were much worse, and they weren't that good on the way to town. I guess we're getting 3-6" more before morning:p Sometimes when the snow starts, it just won't stop again:snowglo: I did manage to get some more Christmas shopping done, though:)

Well, hope you all have a great day tomorrow! God bless!

Bootsie
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Starfish, WELCOME! Ronni gave you some great advice.
I put up my sleigh Santa and 3 deer running over a hay bale. In the course, the ladder and I fell but I bounced , did not hurt nothing but my pride. It looks really great , could of used one more deer but looks good like it is. My 20 pound cat Rufuss watched me put it all up including the bounce. He tried to get into the sleigh! I will more than likely come home and find him asleep in Santa's lap.
Tommorrow I have to work at the store all day.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-16-2010, 01:34 AM
:tree: HI EVERYONE ~ you ladies are doing a wonderful job of keeping this thread going. We had nicer weather today; even some warm :sunny: this AM, so we went shopping and got a nice gift in the mail to pay for our Christmas food, and a few small gifts for the stockings -- THANK THE LORD for all the many blessings He sent our way this year!!!

:welcome: ASHLEY ~ I agree with BOOTSIE -- I remember many lean years when my DH & I made gifts, esp wooden toys and gave them as gifts to family. If you can bake at all, you can make candy or cookies too -- I don't know any young child who wouldn't love a great big cookie with smarties in a big smiley face on it. The smarties cost less than a dollar (a chocolate chip or peanut butter recipe will do for the dough). Try to find recipes for dinner that take about 30-45 minutes to make; and do some one pots on the weekend that you can freeze the leftovers for the next week. Sending up prayers for your situation ... :hug:

:welcome2: STAR ~ try to walk a lot and keep as active as possible; I know that helped me to keep my weight in check when I was in college (both times). I walked to school every day and only took the bus in bad weather; so that helped a lot too. I took gym the first time too; and we did things like racketball, bowling, and cross-country skiing during the winter.

RONNI ~ we had ***** storms and squalls here for the last week or so with a few breaks; it has finally stopped for now. The temps warmed up for us today (had gone down to -20's C a few days there :brr:). Supposed to be nicer for the weekend with a bit more snow. We have snow up to our front windows: should take some pics of that to show you. ;)

BOOTSIE ~ you are keeping busy as usual; hope you got a good price for those animals. Glad you didn't get hurt in the fall. Great idea to bake for the family; I did that in the past to and everyone loved it -- baking is simple but always very appreciated by all ... :D

:wave: GARY

Hope you all have a great week; bundle up and keep warm now ... Rosebud :candy:

Bootsie
12-16-2010, 10:13 AM
When I walked in the store yesterday, there set the biggest poinsettia I have ever seen in my life! It covered half my desk! One of our customers brought it by for me! I was just like WOW! Today is my friend Doris's birthday, made her some homemade bread she just loves it, so that should go good for her. Also found a recipe for her she seems to like on the internet. Well best go, gotta go to work today, hubbie is on his way to Burnet, using my pickup truck , hope he watches the wind for if it catches it ,blows it over in the other lane before you know what happens. I hate driving on windy days! I truly think that is what causes a-lot of wreaks. I will tell him before he leaves so he can be ready for it.

EZMONEY
12-16-2010, 09:55 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Taking a few minutes to catch up while I watch the San Diego Charger game. Hoping to get a glimpse of my daughter in law on the side lines :) She used to be a cheerleader but retired last year, they asked her back to be an advisor on the field....she is easy to spot now that she is 5 months pregnant ;)

Angie is teaching yoga at church tonight. I have leftover turkey (from Thanksgiving), gravy, rice, corn and brussel sprouts ready to warm up when she gets close to being home.

I was off work today so I finished all the Christmas shopping. Mostly for the kids and neighbors in our neighborhood.

We had a great video in Sunday school from the Missouri Synod Men's Lutheran website...way-way cool! I learned so much about the history of Santa Claus :clause:

My step-daughter is bringing a friend home from her Americorps for their Christmas break, he is a vegan....not sure how that will work around our house :D

Be Good :hug:

starfish
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been trying to get to the gym more, but I'm overcoming social phobia at the gym, too, and I'm in the midst of final exams, so I haven't gone the past few days, and definitely overeaten from severe stress. Gah. Hoping that I can get out and take some stress-relieving walks like you are all suggesting, and then get my butt to the gym to really sweat it out!!

EZMONEY
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
STARFISH my wife is a school teacher but also teaches yoga at our church and at the yoga studio. She teaches it from a Christian perspective and gets a lot of thank-yous for helping people with their stress....maybe a yoga class is available on campus....you would probably have to "mediate" on your own on Christ but the class may be helpful.

Be good ~ Gary

Bootsie
12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I received this , this morning, in email. Those of you that think you have no Christmas gifts for your loved ones this year for Christmas, please read this touching story, then look into your heart for I bet you have the best gift of all.

A man named Bob May, depressed and brokenhearted, stared out his drafty
apartment window into the chilling December night. His 4-year-old daughter
Barbara sat on his lap quietly sobbing.

Bobs wife, Evelyn, was dying of cancer.

Little Barbara couldn't understand why her mommy could never come home.
Barbara looked up into her dad's eyes and asked, "Why isn't Mommy just
like everybody else's Mommy?" Bob's jaw tightened and his eyes welled with
tears.

Her question brought waves of grief, but also of anger. It had been the
story of Bob's life. Life always had to be different for Bob.

Small when he was a kid, Bob was often bullied by other boys. He was too
little at the time to compete in sports. He was often called names he'd
rather not remember. From childhood, Bob was different and never seemed to
fit in. Bob did complete college, married his loving wife and was grateful
to get his job as a copywriter at Montgomery Ward during the Great
Depression. Then he was blessed with his little girl. But it was all
short-lived. Evelyn's bout with cancer stripped them of all their savings
and now Bob and his daughter were forced to live in a two-room apartment
in the Chicago slums. Evelyn died just days before Christmas in 1938.

Bob struggled to give hope to his child, for whom he couldn't even afford
to buy a Christmas gift. But if he couldn't buy a gift, he was determined
to make one - a storybook! Bob had created a character in his own mind and
told the animal's story to little Barbara to give her comfort and hope.
Again and again Bob told the story, embellishing it more with each
telling.

Who was the character? What was the story all about? The story Bob May
created was his own autobiography in fable form. The character he created
was a misfit outcast like he was. The name of the character? A little
reindeer named Rudolph, with a big shiny nose.

Bob finished the book just in time to give it to his little girl on
Christmas Day. But the story doesn't end there.

The general manager of Montgomery Ward caught wind of the little storybook
and offered Bob May a nominal fee to purchase the rights to print the
book. Wards went on to print "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and
distribute it to children visiting Santa Claus in their stores. By 1946
Wards had printed and distributed more than six million copies of Rudolph.
That same year, a major publisher wanted to purchase the rights from Wards
to print an updated version of the book.

In an unprecedented gesture of kindness, the CEO of Wards returned all
rights back to Bob May. The book became a best seller. Many toy and
marketing deals followed and Bob May, now remarried with a growing family,
became wealthy from the story he created to comfort his grieving daughter.
But the story doesn't end there either.

Bob's brother-in-law, Johnny Marks, made a song adaptation to Rudolph.
Though the song was turned down by such popular vocalists as Bing Crosby
and Dinah Shore, it was recorded by the singing cowboy, Gene Autry.
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" was released in 1949 and became a
phenomenal success, selling more records than any other Christmas song,
with the exception of "White Christmas."

The gift of love that Bob May created for his daughter so long ago kept on
returning back to bless him again and again. And Bob May learned the
lesson, just like his dear friend Rudolph, that being different isn't so
bad. In fact, being different can be a blessing.

(...And now you know the rest of the story!)

**MERRY CHRISTMAS 2010**

EZMONEY
12-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you BOOTSIE...that story is absolutely true!

bargoo
12-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Thank you, what a wonderful story !

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Great story -- thanks for sharing it with us all ... :D

EZMONEY
12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOTSIE!:cheer3: :woohoo: :bday2you: :cheer2: :woohoo:

bargoo
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOTSIE !!!!

Bootsie
12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Thank You! It has been a good one! Still not over, going out tonight to eat and I have already made my choice so I will not completely blow it. This morning my friend Lanelle brought me a pumpkin cheesecake and her two granddaughters brought me a salad mixer and a thermometor that lights up at night and a pair of gloves with half fingers. Worked at the store and Lanelle went home and made us some tamales for lunch. So no dishes to wash today! Talked to some friends and just had a great day! Lanelle is taking me to eat Mexican tomorrow for lunch. Going to save the cheese cake for Christmas night.

Bootsie
12-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Bargo I just looked at your weight chart. WAHOOO! You have done great!

My BEST Self
12-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to 3FC, but not new to the weight struggle. If you are moved to do so, I humbly ask you to pray for me - not that I lose weight, but that I see myself through God's eyes and love myself like I'm one of God's good works. My faithful hope is that valuing myself more will result in my making better choices, especially with regard to food. I pray that I constantly remember that the Holy Spirit lives within me, and daily bears fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, patience and self-control. Thank you and best wishes for a blessed season!

Bootsie
12-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Praying for you in the heart of Texas, My Best Self and please come back and join us and keep us updated.

Tonight was wonderful, had shrimp salad was great but the shrimp was 1/4 the size of normal, that is alright though ,loved the company. Just eating someone else's cooking was great! Still love the no dirty dishes can hardly wait till tomorrow, love going places with Lanelle she is so much fun! Never been to the mall in Bee Cave!

Lanelle's chickens are hatching again I gave her and she is so excited. She said one was cracked and one rolled over by its self today. She has David so excited he wants to start raising and sale chickens that are grown. I say oh no, more work?????? I do think chickens are beautiful though even when they are grown and make wonderful pets also. I gave one to a friends little boy , age 13 and he just loves that old hen. I have about 15 more old hens to give away so I can make room for the pullets.

JavaDesire
12-21-2010, 09:14 AM
My BEST Self, I am absolutely touched by your prayer... I follow that prayer in my heart for all of us, myself included.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for the amazing greetings. You sure know how to make a gal feel appreciated! :-) I've been crazy busy with the twins & life, and I've been neglectful of myself... I haven't been journaling or doing my weight loss devotions, let alone holding myself accountable with you gals by checking in online. I did meet with a support group at my church a couple of weeks ago... and it was emotional for me. God's been continually working in my life, and He's shed some light on a H-UGE problem for me. Ever since the 5th grade, I've struggled with my weight (took the grief over my parents' divorce out in eating)... and I can honestly say, I am addicted to sugar & carbs. This makes perfect sense to me, as a loaf of bread is not safe in the house. :-) My bingeing goes in waves... and at times, it's uncontrollable. I was led to attend this support group at church, and I now see exactly where my battle is. There is a history of alcoholism in my family, and I have a tendency to have sugar/refined carb cravings (completely hidden to my husband... miraculously, foods just happen to "disappear" in the pantry or fridge, and I claim to have thrown them out, as they've "gone bad").

So. I am a sugar addict. I need to remove ALL foods that trigger my uncontrollable bingeing from entering my mouth. This even goes as far as needing to use unsweetened almond milk in my morning's coffee. Thru Christ, I will conquer this addiction. I will live healthy & WHOLE for my husband, my now-1-year old twin boys, my friends and family, and most importantly, for Christ who saved me. I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.

Thanks for "listening" to my thoughts. :-) I wish you all a very blessed Christmas week.... this is the most glorious time of the year. I promise to hold myself accountable more often and check in with you all on a more regular basis... it's "me" time. Sending you all massive hugs. :-)

Bootsie
12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Praying for you Java, even if you mess up Java never give up, keep fighting. God gives us an armor to fight back and I know right now it is hard , going to that support group was a good step to taking control of your life. You are on the right path. The more support you get the stronger you will get. I think twins is so awesome, yet so tiring for you. Know that, I am praying for you in Texas girl, keep up the good work, for taking control is a job it's self, not easy ,though you can do it.

EZMONEY
12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Man is it ever raining here, and has been since the week-end. We expect more tonight and tomorrow then it should be nice for Christmas Eve and Day.

I spent the early part of the day at the grocery stores getting last minute items for our Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange. There will be quite a few family and friends here after church as usual. We will be going to early service since Angie is playing bells for that one. Dinner will be a simple one of chili and sandwiches since Angie and I and some of the others will be at church from about 4:30 until 7:30 for various reasons. That way people that come can get started eating without us....no way my brother can wait until 7:30 to eat :D

Angie will be making chicken cacciatore and polenta on the day after Christmas when my kids and their spouses are here. They will be here Christmas Eve too but so will everybody else :) the day after allows the kids time to be with their other parent and family (although many of them too will be here Christmas Eve) then the day after we get together for "our" personal time with them.

Well I am crapping out on my eating....:mad: the biggest problem is eating out the past few days. Angie and I went to our fav. Mexican joint on Friday night date night, then we stopped at El Pollo Loco after looking at Christmas lights on Saturday, Sunday after church my son and dil took us back to our Mexican joint for brunch then Sunday night was at the local pub for a birthday dinner for my step-daughter (fish and chips sooo good yet so many calories)....throw in a trip to the deli for lunch yesterday and.....:dizzy:

BOOTSIE I am so glad you had a happy birthday. WOW! What a great story on your "lost" goat. Have fun with those chickens :hug:

ROSEBUD I hope you are staying warm and have all you Christmas decorations up on your porch. :hug:

BARGOO :carrot: On 3 years maintaining :carrot:

BEST SELF Prayers for your concerns and welcome :hug:

JAVA Glad you came back :) This group will be with you for as long as you need/want them to be :hug:

RONNI Are those boys getting excited? ;) I hope the weather is treating you ok.

Have a great finish to the "BIRTHDAY" :tree:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-21-2010, 11:10 PM
:wreath: HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see some of our newbies coming back for a visit. We have been having milder temps here (yeah), so of course that means more ***** has been falling, but that's OK with me as I actually love the snow. This is the kind of weather we grew up with; just cold enuff for snow but not too cold. We lived in a snow belt in the southern part of the province, so this brings back good memories.

:bday2you: BOOTSIE :bday2you:

Sounds like you had a very good day (or two) thanks to special friends and family. I found that our chickens were really comical to watch; and yes, they do make wonderful pets too.

YES GARY ~ the porch is all done up nicely; I will take some pics and see if I can get them loaded up on here. Got my tree decorated this week too; it has been up for a while but I picked up some more decos & wrapping paper yesterday. I am doing a different color scheme this year: blue, white, and silver (last year was red, white & gold).

I vacuumed up a storm yesterday and that was great exercise; today, I cleaned off the front porch -- not a big job as it isn't a very big porch, but the fresh air was nice too. I bought a lot of stuff this year, so I don't have to do a lot of baking -- so fewer temptations that way. I bought some different kinds of cheeses, meats, and pickles; as well, as nuts, crackers, pretzels, and bit & bites that the guests like.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week -- may you all be blessed with LOVE, and PEACE, and JOY, and GOODWILL. Indeed, what GOOD TIDINGS the angels brought at that time, that Emmanuel (GOD with us) was coming to the earth to bring us all these great things -- through our blessed JESUS CHRIST (our Messiah). What a wonderful gift to us all ... Rosebud :candy:

Bootsie
12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Thank you Rosebud! This morning told me how much fun I had. Ha! Will just cut down today for tonight eating out. I am going to get busy like you today Rosebud and see if I can burn some calories.

Gary I know what you are going through but after Jan 1st we can get back on track and as fast as time flies it will be here soon. Everyone is wanting to go out and eat and yes Mexican seems to be everyone's favorite. What do you eat when you eat Mexican food? I had a Grandma special two soft tacos and salad and i took the tortilla off one of them should of done both like that,which was not bad yesterday it was just that cheesecake that gets me! I am staying away from it today freezing it!

EZMONEY
12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Gals :)

Boy oh boy is it ever raining here. Flooding everywhere! we are ok where we live, although my backyard is now a swimming pool...may need to put the goldens in life-vests before they can go out and potty :D

ROSEBUD I am happy that you are getting snow but staying warm. Sounds like you are all set for the birthday :hug:

BOOTSIE I love Mexican food! But I don't do so well calorie wise there. In the old days I would get a 2 cheese enchilada plate with rice and beans, then add on a taco or two or add on a burrito.....then eat it all....of course I go crazy over the chips and salsa too. Now, If I get the cheese enchiladas and am not too hungry I leave it at that.....if I am hungry I add 1 taco. I eat the taco, 1 enchilada and 1/2 the rice and beans....bring home 1 enchilada and 1/2 the rice and beans for lunch. Not good on calories but so much better than the way I used to eat. I just need to lay off the chips! We eat at our Mexican joint probably 3 times a month or so...I do switch what I eat, chili Colorado, fajitas, etc but my "go to" plate will always be the cheese enchiladas.

Have a great day GALS :hug:

bargoo
12-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Mexican food ....love it ...my favorite is chili verde, but a little chicken enchalada is pretty good, too and burritos....taco salad and of course Flan. Not all at once, though,. I avoid the chips and salsa and feel very virtious, !

Bootsie
12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
When I lost my 90 pounds I would have the green chicken enchilada's and they were oh so good. Never gained but lost weight on them.
I got broke of the chips and salsa yesterday Gary, they served some really hot salsa and I could not talk,it was hard to breath,throat swelled up, tears came to my eyes loosen my sinus up too. Gee! I let it sit there and drunk cold water and tea, till I was normal again. Lanell kept asking me questions, and I could not talk hardly. i think she thought I was having a heart attack! Ha! It must of been made with that Haberina or how ever you spell it the hottest pepper I know of. Don't think I ever will taste the salsa again, eating out.

EZMONEY
12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
OUCH! Bootsie....I love salsa but mild...not hot!

I love chili verde too, chicken enchiladas, carnitas,....heck...ALL OF IT!

Be good

Bootsie
12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Gary y'all made the news here! I think God forgot where Texas is, praying he stops the rain there and sends it down here, poor people up North also praying for y'all too! Especially the ones who have lost their homes. If there was just someway the government could spend money to figure out a way to send that water to places who need it and away from those who don't want it or need it! That could put America back in balance with jobs and economy for it takes water to water crops, animals, people to run cities ect...

EZMONEY
12-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Great idea BOOTSIE!

A lot of people around here are being flooded out of their homes but so far no one has been hurt. Angie and I are fine...just wet!

Bootsie
12-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I heard the rain stopped there Gary? They are givng us 50% chance of rain tomorrow sure hope so!

EZMONEY
12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
The rain has stopped BOOTSIE and now the cleanup begins. Road closures, stores and houses full of mud across the state. Angie and I won't need to water for a month...lol

Down in San Diego the city is busting butt trying to get Qualcomm Stadium dried out for the Poinsettia Bowl tonight. A big game around here for us with San Diego State in it and NAVY. The stadium is just a mile from my daughter's place.

A nice day is just breaking here...sun is out!

Prayers for all

Bootsie
12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Bargo how are you doing? Glad the rain stopped there , got a sprinkle here few minutes ago now calling for 70% tomorrow, that is A Ok with me! If it freezes might have a snow white Christmas in Texas!

ronni62
12-24-2010, 11:57 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!
We're having a very white Christmas here with about 10 more inches of snow on top of the 12 we already had!

I have been thinking about the angels declaration to the shepherds of 'Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people.' Thinking what a wonderful promise that was-the greatest joy of all had come and that we need not fear anymore! Especially relating to our last couple years, I'm just trying to hold on to that promise and hope all of you can as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day and weekend! God bless!

bargoo
12-25-2010, 10:28 AM
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PRAYING FOR A BLESSED NEW YEAR FOR ALL !!!!

EZMONEY
12-25-2010, 10:33 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :rudolph:

:bday2you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS :bday2you:......Thanks for the GIFT :gift:

Well Gals we had our Christmas Eve family/friend gift exchange and dinner after church last night. I made 3 kinds of chili and had ham, turkey and salami for sandwiches. Plenty of goodies were brought by all. I didn't do too bad on the eating....I never eat the goodies anyway.....but I should have stopped on the beers sooner ;)

Church was packed :carrot: at the 6:00 service, we decided not to go back to the 10:00 candlelight....we love it but were pretty exhausted after the afternoon of getting everything ready and stuff. We had probably 25 people here...loud and festive :) I found my dogs all curled up in my bed...the older they get the less they like all that noise and people...kinda like their daddy :D

Love-love the family and friends of course but :sssh: quiet time is nice too ;)

Angie and I are pretty much on our own today although I have a step-d, a friend and a nephew crashing in the guest bedrooms right now...I have their keys ;) Then tomorrow the kids will all be here for our personal Christmas, they were all here last night too. Today they go to their other parents house, grandparents, etc.

I just can't get over how blessed I am ....thank you JESUS :hug: Sitting in church last night with my son/dil ~ daughter/sil ~ step-d and her friend ~ a couple of nieces and nephew and my sister....and so many friends that don't come to church often anymore.....so good to see them. Watching my wife play bells up front with the bell choir, the kids and adult choirs singing...along with all of us joining in....and the story :)

What a wonderful-WONDERFUL STORY!

To have Jesus in your :val1: is just something that can't be explained worthy enough to those that don't have Him ....but boy when you have it....:love: :angel: WOW! :angel: :love:

:ginger: ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS :tree:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-26-2010, 03:47 AM
:tree: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :tree:

We had a lovely day and evening with friends, listiening to music and visiting; the tree and my new fireplace stove looked really nice in the livingroom -- a great ambiant feeling. We were really blessed this year ..

We managed to get everything done in time for our guests and they all came again this year; that was nice to spend this wonderful day with friends we've known a long time. The food was great; all the pre-prep turned out to be a real help and even though I was still tired, it was not like last year. Near the end of the day, my body was feeling a bit sore -- thank goodness that DH snuck to the sink and washed all the dishes for me. :D

Well, I did eat some stuff this year; I tried to eat just a little of each but some I didn't as my tummy doesn't seem to like some of it anymore -- and that is probably a good thing, I think! I will gladly get back to my routine eating this year; glad the new healthy habits are becoming engrained. ;)

We don't eat a lot of Mexican food here; but we have tried the tostidos. You are surrounded with Mexican restaurants so it is right there for you. I suppose we all have our temptations around us. Here it is more contempory fast foods like burgers and fries, which we don''t buy much anymore.

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas celebrating JESUS' birthday ... so glad He came for you and me and everyone else too -- have a nice Christmas weekend. Tomorrow, I will be resting and recuping ... take good care, Rosebud :candy:

EZMONEY
12-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Here is a picture taken from the choir loft at our church on Christmas Eve. Pictures at night usually don't turn out too well but this one did. Silent Night is being sung here right before we exit.

Notice our pretty Christmas trees we put up every year...they are fake ;) but beautiful. We used to have real ones but as costs increased we went with these a few years back. I built the scaffold and helped hang the cross of Jesus that is in the middle of the picture about 25 years ago when we built this sanctuary, it is hanging from a wire from the beams. The cross was sculptured by Ed White a retired football player with the Vikings and the Chargers, it is amazing!

The big screens on the side have been up about 3-4 years now. Something we weren't sure we wanted to do. They have been such a blessing! so many ways we have incorporated things that all in the church can see no matter where they sit. It is so cool to when the kids sing up front by the altar, or Angie plays bells in the front, we have them on the screen...that way all parents can see their children easily.

Our stain glass window turned out really well, for it being night time. It faces west so it is gorgeous when the sun is setting through it.

Bootsie
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
That is beautiful Gary. I truly believe Jesus had a happy Birthday at our home this year. There was more care about each other than ones self. Though we had Christmas at brother in laws still had Christmas games ect up here, football on TV.

I gave my daughter money for the kids, her and her husband and they took their money and put it on the children for the happiness in their children's eyes and hearts was a present for them. She said Mom you would of done the same thing.

Now New Years Day will be here and I am inviting a-lot of friends hope they can come and start out the New Year with us.

Outlook Ministry (First Place 4/Health) is going to train me, for one month, to be a Leader this January. If I decide at the end of January to be a Leader they would place me with a group, in February. I am so glad they train their Leaders now before they Lead. I am really excited about this opportunity and thanking God for guiding me back to them again.

Bootsie
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I have just been to town and I tell you what for people not to have no money they sure are spending it and using the gas! It is busier than before Christmas, people buying cards and Christmas decorations on sale for next year and some buying Christmas presents for they celebrate Jesus Birthday after December, which is a great idea! There is so many on the roads it looks like Fire Ants unreal. Oh yeah I found a good deal too, resale shop a bread pan and then it is our Anniversary Dec. 31st and I got my hubbie some pants for the others have so many patches they ought to call him Red Skeleton! Remember him he played a HOBO. He needs some good ones to wear to work. Can't find none his size at a resale shop though, he got the real deal.

Bootsie
12-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I am going to try to get this on here not sure it will work but wanted to show my raindeer to y'all!

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab293/Bootsie13-2010/dec2010023.jpg

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
BOOTSIE ~ that's a great shot too; both you and GARY have good pics. I don't have a program in this PC to do the pics; I did find my program disc last week when searching for another one, so I will have to download it and see if it works in this PC.

I tried to download a pic and it didn't come through; so I am doing something wrong I think. Oh well, c'est la vie ...

Bootsie
12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Rose bud I use www.photobucket.com and it goes on my computer and copies it on there then I click on image and I click on insert image on here and it transfers it to here. But make sure it is small enough to come on here . You can down size it on Photobucket.
I learned this from a friend on Outlook ministry Rosebud in fact learned more from her than I did when I went to computer school!;)

Bootsie
12-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Rosebud did you get a new computer, hope ya did, miss you!

EZMONEY
12-28-2010, 10:12 AM
HI GALS ~

Love the picture Bootsie. One of these days I will try the photobucket so my pictures aren't too small.

The weather is nice here today and was awesome yesterday but another storm will come in tomorrow for a day. Nothing compared to the folks back east!

Angie is off at her mom's until tomorrow afternoon so just me and the mutts hanging around. Dinner was easy for me last night as there was plenty of chicken cacciatore, couscous, veggies and rice leftover from our family Christmas dinner with the kids on Sunday.

Be good

Bootsie
12-28-2010, 05:42 PM
It is a free program and it is really neat Gary.

Bootsie
12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Ok.............does anyone hear a Monkey when you come on this site or........is it just me! I don't hear it on any site but this one for the past two weeks! Since I have dial up it squeaks just now and then but sounds just like a Monkey!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
THANKS BOOTSIE ~ no, the newer PC hasn't arrived yet; not sure when it will -- it's in the works, so2speak. I have to wait for some programs to arrive before I can format the other one (you know, clean it all off and reinstall everything; and that will take some time as I haven't done that before, but it will be a learning curve for me too -- might as well learn how to do that too, when I find my PC for Dummies books, that is ... :dizzy:).

In the meantime, family members (Numpster & my brother) are putting together another PC for me that will be sent up sometime in the near future, when it is all ready ... :D

EZMONEY
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Good luck with the computer ROSEBUD

HUGS BOOTSIE I don't have the monkey here so my virus protection must take care of it.

Bootsie
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I think I shut the Monkey up! On the video it is coming from, had a volume, I shut the volume down to 0! First thing when I came on here there went the Monkey, geee! I hope it works and I don't have to shut it up every - time I come on here.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-30-2010, 10:07 PM
BOOTSIE ~ I agree with GARY; I put a note to you about this in the PRAYER WARRIOR's thread -- you may need to upgrade your anti-virus programs and run a scan too ...

We have :rain: here today -- in December??? Yeppers, it's mild and damp, but it will cool down by next month, I'm sure; in the meantime, I don't mind the warmer temps one bit. :D

Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud :candy:

Bootsie
12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Rosebud I think it is just when I use google that this pops up and I like google chrome because it corrects my spelling Internet Explorer does not. Strange it only does it when I click on 3 Fat chicks. I am not getting any advertizement on Internet Explorer. I ran a virus search and also checked my registry and found 3 things wrong there. Checked it yesterday and found nothing wrong so that was not that, because this has been going on for a while now. Oh well... I can always use Internet Explorer.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-31-2010, 09:48 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

May this new year bring --

Many good delights, both big & small ...
May you know PEACE ...
May you find NEW JOYS ...
May you feel LOVED ...
May you have GOOD HEALTH ...
May you meet many NEW FRIENDS ...
May your fondest DREAMS COME TRUE ...
And may you receive many other nice blessings too!

:DRosebud :D

Bootsie
12-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Happy New year to you too Rosebud and to all!

Married to the same man for 39 years tonight!:carrot: yeah baby!

ronni62
01-01-2011, 05:53 PM
:newyear: Happy New Year, Everyone!!

and Congrats to Bootsie!!!