WW Clubs and Groups - December Chatters for Thursday -- or Another Day

Tina
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Ho, Ho, Ho,
This group used to mainly weigh on Thursdays. But, everyone is welcome. We talk about everything; help each other; and just have a great time here. Come on in and stay.

All that talk about food, on the last thread, has me hungry and it's late at night. :lol:
I went to my first meeting today. Boy, there IS a lot to read and digest. Be sure to buy one of the calculators. You don't figure points by calories, fat and fiber anymore. It's protein, carbs, fat and fiber now.
It was fun to have a fruit today, without worrying about pts.
I'll be staying home tomorrow waiting for the electrician and tile guys. One of our travartine tiles, in the entry hall, has already cracked! It's being replaced. Need the electrician to do some work in the second bathroom. I'd rather Larry be home to watch these guys. I don't like it.

:flow1:

spryng
12-02-2010, 06:16 AM
Good morning all! Tina thanks for the december thread! :) I was gonna sleep in until 5am before starting work but I have an interview today for an internal position that I'm really excited about so I couldn't sleep so I just got up early and started working instead. So keep your fingers crossed for me because this new position finally means a RAISE!! something I haven't seen in about 3 years now, lol.. so I'm praying I get it. After my interview today I should know in a week or two.

As far as the plan goes yesterday went great! We had chicken enchiladas for dinner and they were dellicious! I was left with 3 pts.. just wasn't hungry and no idea what to use them on.. anyone else finding they have leftover pts now?

jar1965
12-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Ho Ho Ho.......right back at cha'!!!!

Good morninggggggggg....yawn...

Had a great night last night. It was "date" night. We went to Kohls and bought a new quilt and shams for our bed, then to the Olive Garden, where I thought I did amazing in asking them to not use butter, heavy oils, etc when preparing my meal (our waitress was amazing, very WW helpful. Bob left her a BG tip for helping me!);) however......when I got home and did the points, my 1 serving of fresh garden sald was 9 POINTS!!!!!! Yikes! The full portion of herb salmon was 8 Points. Then we went to Heartwood Acres. It is a drive thru Christmas Light Spectacular. MMmmmm, it was just the perfect evening.

Hope you alll have a great day! I'm working at our mall store today.

:dust::dust::dust:

jar1965
12-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Made the peanut butter, banana on a toasted flat bagel this morning. Sooooooo good! I learned a vaulable lesson too! I don't have to have the serving amount of 2TBL. I wanted 2.....but settled for 1 and enjoyed it just as much!!!!! :carrot:

peanut butter 1 TBL. = 2.5
banana = 0
flat bagel = 3
5.5 Points!!!
very doable!!!!

Tina
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Good morning!
Spryng, my fingers and toes are crossed for you. From hearing how hard you work, they should jump at the chance to have you in the new position. (Want me to go with ya? :) )
Jeanne, I usually use 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. I nuke it to make it more spreadable and that seems to look like more pb. :lol:

I hope everyone can find our new thread.

Susan, how is your mom doing? Any news about a dr?
Maureen and Mimi, any snow yet? Brr..... I really don't like cold weather!
Dori, I understand that Justin wants to return to work--that's a man thing, isn't it!
farmgirl, check in.........

Oh, on this new program, there are no 1/2 points. Boo :(
My half pt. bread is now 1!!!!!
I'm getting kind of used to this calculator. I don't have an iPhone so I'll probably keep this in my purse.
Oh, I changed my tracker.
:wreath:

spryng
12-02-2010, 12:54 PM
yes Tina I do want you to come along! LOL!! The closer 11:30 comes the more nervous I am! I've done these interviews before but it was for a position that I could take or leave, no biggie but this one I REALLY want, LOL!! so its exciting and scary all at the same time and if I don't get it I'll be bummed but I'm preparing myself for that as well, just in case :) I'm getting more used to the calculator too, everything I calc in my kitchen I've been marking with a permanent marker so I don't have to do them again, which has been handy :)

Jeanne, isn't it crazy how some salads are higher in pts than an entree is? But sounds like you still did well and had a great evening! :) and I LOVE getting new bedding! In fact I pulled my comfy feather comforter out for winter and put it on the bed, felt like new bedding since we only use it during the winter and it's so luxurious, love it! but I'd love to get a new bed set for spring, I went with a zebra safari theme this last time and its just not working for me anymore, lol.. I'm thinking soft light colors for spring :)

farmgirl7
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Everyone!
Hope ya'll have had a good day. Today is my Friday, so I'm happy. We have another bb game tonight and then football game tomorrow night. We are in the playoffs and Andrew is in the band, so off we go! I think games are taking up most of my time right now and I'm not getting much exercise in.:(

Jeanne, did you get the regular Olive Garden salad or a special one? I'm gonna die if the points amount on that is 9pts! I guess everyone is getting peanut butter and banana sandwich fever!:D

Spryng, honey, I hope you get that job! After 3 years you deserve a raise!
If I join ww online, is it extra to buy the materials?

Tina, I also just use 1 tbs of peanut butter. I'm used to it now. How are you liking the new plan?

jar1965
12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
farmgirl - yes!!!!! I'm sure it's the dressing. I picked my croutons off!

spryng
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
thanks farmgirl!! the interview was intense, tons of hard on the spot questions but they seemed to like everything I was saying and I had lots of good examples for them etc so they said I should know one way or another in 2 weeks or so, so keep your fingers crossed! :) and yes if you join online but want the books etc those are extra but you can buy them online too if you want or visit a meeting for them :)

I am so glad this day is about over.. 12 hours of work and all the nerves from the interview I'm mentally EXAUSTED!!! but as far as ww it went great, I'm 2 pts under and have no idea what to use it on so I probably won't use them. I haven't had a snack in several days either, I just forget about them, lol. I do have a sweet tooth though tonight.. not for fruit though, I'm wanting chocolate but since I don't have any guess I'll just forget about it LOL. Well hope you all have a great evening! :)

Tina
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Okay---In the new booklet, it says Olive Garden salad without the dressing is only 3 pts. However---the regular dressing is 5 pts. There's a low fat dressing that is less. I wonder if my OGs have the low fat dressing!
I'm not going to worry, though. I figure that I'll save up all my extra 49 pts. and blow it at OG some Sunday. :lol:

jar1965
12-02-2010, 08:18 PM
so an 8 Point salad! Yikes! I didn't realize I could get the fat free....hmmmm. Thanks Tina!

farmgirl7
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
OMG!!! That is mine and dh's favorite place to eat!!!!! I'm probably carrying 10 pounds of og dressing!!!!!

Tina
12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Good Friday morning to all,

farmgirl, you are so funny about the salad dressing. :D
I cannot imagine what they put in that stuff to make it so many points!

Jeanne, I don't know if we have the low fat dressing, either. That's just one thing it said in the new booklets.
How's your new car? Still running great?

Maureen, you are way too quiet, girl. What's happening with you?

Dori, You Can Do This. One day at a time, they say.

Susan, how many days until Christmas break? Or Holiday Break, or whatever they call it now.

Spryng, Please tell us about the interview!!!!!:^::^::^::^::^:

Well, it's another morning of electricians and , this time, sheetrockers. Next week, the painter will come. :dizzy::dizzy: We had whole wall mirrors removed in the guest bath. The electrical socket was off center so they fixed that. Then, they had to replace the light switch thingy and cut more holes in the walls. I'm glad that everything is still under warranty. :lol:
Everyone have a great OP day.
Yesterday, I used 8 of my 49 pts. I want to weigh but know my scales are different from WW.

Ladybug2680
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone. I have found a new favorite salad. The Baja Salad from Wendy's. I don't really know how to figure the points for it though. It comes with chili, but I don't put the chili on it. It's super yummy and very filling. The only thing I added to it was the Red Jalapeno Dressing (1 packet) and the crunchy tortilla strips. I also didn't eat the whole thing. I'm thinking it would be between 5 and 6 points, but I'm not super sure. Anyways.

Spryng - Hope you get the job. I teach Special Education at a local middle school, but I'm thinking about moving down to Elementary next year. We'll see.

Tina - Hope the electricians and other repair men were able to get their work done in a timely manner.

Jeanne - I'm going to have to try the PB and banana sandwich for breakfast. It sound divine.

Well I must run for now. My lovely rays of sunshine should be here soon. :)

spryng
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Good afternoon all! Another 12 hour work day here and I'm taking a break to pop in and to clear my head, LOL.. too much thinking today! LOL!!

Dori, that salad sounds good!!! I'm not sure on pts either though.

Tina, sounds like your house is busy today!! The interview went really well, it was all done over the phone so I couldn't see their faces to guage reactions etc but from their comments and such I think they liked what I had to say and I was very prepared with my answers etc so now it's just waiting to hear something, they said I should know within a couple weeks so now I have to practice being patient and that is NOT one of my traits, LOL. But even if I get the job it may not start until feb so it's no rush anyway. I just like knowing, lol.

I didn't know olive garden has other dressing to choose from! we just always get the classic olive garden salad which is delicious but now that I know I'm gonna have to check it out, lol.

Today is going really well on ww, I've had breakfast and lunch and still have 15 pts left for dinner so I'm thinking something with pasta to use those pts on. I LOVE pastas and breads so when I can fit the real thing in, that's what I do, lol.. I peeked at the scale this morning and it says I'm down 1.4 lbs which is awesome!! can't wait for my official wi!! :) Well guess I better get back to work.. I got another 2 hrs and 45 min until I can call it a day and I'd say TGIF!! except I gotta work 9 hours tomorrow so I'll celebrate tomorrow, LOL.

maureen kempster
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
good evening all

Friday!! it didn't come too soon.

Tina, hope everything is coming along in your condo. I'm off Dec 22 and go back Jan 4-I'm so looking forward to the time off-and I think I'll paint my place. I've decided to stay home this year. I would like to go to Edmonton and Calgary but I'm tired of always being away on the holidays. I'll go back in May. I do miss my sons though.

I went to a musical play last night with two ladies from work-little theatre- it was called "Menopositive - the musical"-it was absolutely hilarious. We laughed so hard we were crying.
I've been pretty good on program - I can't wait to get to a meeting and get the new material-hopefully tuesday after work. According to my scales I'm about 135/136-I'm so happy to finally be in the 130's again. I know when I weigh in in the evening I'll be a bit heavier and WW's scales are always different than mine, but I shouldn't have to pay this time because I'm sure I'll be within 2 pts of my goal weight. We'll see,
As for the weather, I think it might snow this weekend. Any snow that we've had is gone. We've been getting lots of rain

hope we all have a great day tomorrow on program
talk to you all later
maureen

farmgirl7
12-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey ya'll.
I'm sooo tired so I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. I joined ww online yest. I am so glad I did. I think I really like the new plan and I also think it's gonna be easier to follow. Hi to all-I'm going to bed!

jar1965
12-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Morning!

:carrot:Yay!!! farmgirl!!:carrot: I think you'll love it!

Maureen - Bob & I go to our local "Little Theatre" too! Love going! Glad you had a nice time. Yay to painting! I hate doing it, but sooooo happy once it's done!

spryng - You make me tired just reading about your long days!!! lol! Good job on your POINTS yesterday! keep it up! I'm gong to my meeting tomorrow morning!

Tina - Have you made the pudding yet? I have used 7 of my 49 POINTS so far! ;)

Dori - Yes in deed. That salad does sound good. I'lm going to try it next time I go to Wendy's! Hope Justin is better!

Have a great day girls! I'm working till 3 and then I'm off till Weds. Wooohoooo!:cheer:

spryng
12-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Good morning all!!!

jeanne, I'm tired just posting how much I work, LOL!!! Enjoy your days off this week, sounds wonderful! I just have one long week next week to get through and then the last two weeks of this month I get each friday off so that will make for nice long 3 day holiday weekends :)

farmgirl, I'm so glad you joined!!! let us know how today goes for you, or did you start the new plan yesterday as well?

Maureen, I can't wait to join ya in the 130's! I haven't seen them in years now, I used to maintain around 135 which was a nice size 8 for me, I can't wait to pull all those old clothes out again and they fit! :) What is your goal weight?? how tall are you? just curious, lol.. the play sounded wonderful! glad you got out and enjoyed yourself :)

Well I have 9 hrs to put in today, which will seem like cake compared to the 12 I've been doing all week. Oh last night, I had 15 pts left for dinner, well dh made dinner (he is on ww too, I think I told you before but couldn't remember) anyway, baked chicken, brocolli and MAC N CHEESE yum and even hot rolls.. ALL OP!! I had enough pts to enjoy 1 1/2 cups of mac n cheese and one roll along with my chicken and veggie.. it felt like cheating it was so darn good, LOL. Ok maybe it's just me but P+ has not been feeling like a diet at all! my scale is moving down so I know it's working but I feel like I'm able to eat anything and everything I love each and every week, or even day if I wish! I'm on cloud nine, ww hit it out of the park with this one, LOL.

jar1965
12-04-2010, 07:46 AM
ahhhhhh......help!!!:eek::eek: I just made chocolate chip cookies for my brother!!!! They live about 2 hours away and we are meeting for dinner (oh no) tonight! So my little brother & his friend are getting cookies! I miss them sooooo much!

Anyways, waiting for them to cool and then I will package them asap!!!! Wish me luck!!!!:nono:

maureen kempster
12-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Jeanne - hide them quick-lol-you'll be strong-find something else-

maureen kempster
12-04-2010, 08:13 AM
fantastic! I finally got the tracker to work again. Life is good! I'm going for breakfast this morning at a restaurant called Local Heroes with my brothers and their wives. I'm starved now and I don't leave for another hour. I will make wize choices.

Spryng-I'm about 5' 3" and I give 140 as my goal weight(I'm a lifetime member & I don't like paying when I don't have to) but my goal weight is around 125-130.
hope we all have a great day on program

maureen

Tina
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi,
Maureen, you don't look 5'3" in your photos. :lol:
I'm 5'6" and was 125 before getting pregnant. I have not seen that number again. :o

Jeanne, did you ever get the note that I mailed you?

Spryng, have a good day!

farmgirl, I'm glad you're OP.

Last night, we went to Olive Garden!!!!! Yes, it's good to have the 49 extra points. I had the salad (8pts), the lunch size spaghetti and meat sauce (14pts.) and 2 breadsticks (8pts) for a grand total of 30pts. Naturally, I used some of the 49 pts. It was soooo good!

Susan, how are you?
Dori, I'm sure you're glad for a weekend. You and Justin need to do something fun.

jar1965
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
OMGosh Tina!!!! yes, yes, yes!!!! Thank you soooooo much! I got it the last day of the pittsburgh closing I think! :o

farmgirl7
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey Everyone!
I started the program yest. It has been fairly easy for me. Dh and I went to cracker barrel for lunch today and I ate the chicken and rice, mac and cheese, lima beans and half a bis with honey. Still have 5 pts for supper. I will say I've been eating more fruit. Know I can have that for 0 pts makes it a good choice and helps me not eat junk between meals. Think i'm gonna have tomato soup and grilled cheese. Might have to dip into my extra pts a little, but that is what they r there for. Are yall trying to not eat all the extra pts or are you eating all of them? just curious. I'm starving...gonna fix supper. :)

Tina
12-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Before, I treid not to eat the flex points. My new leader says she lost weight by using all the 49 pts. (She said that she was on the new program for 1 month before we got it.)

auntie
12-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi,
Just a quick note since it's so late. Pat is playing and I stayed home. Haven't gotten anything done!

We have decided to get a new tv for Christmas! Ours is an old one!

I can't tell if I'm getting sick or have an eye infection. It is red and swollen oh and runny. Now my head is stopping up. I might run get it checked tomorrow if it gets worse.

We have to go to a funeral tomorrow. It's for someone thar works fir Pat. Thus guy's dad died! I know that will be hard!

Well if I misspelled it because I can't see & I'm tired. Off to see now.

My sister joined ww yesterday. Yea! Just wished she lived gete.

Tina
12-05-2010, 11:32 AM
good morning,
It's a beautiful Sunday here. We're supposed to get down to 34 tonight. I know that doesn't sound like much to you Northerners. :)

I have eaten all but 4 of my 49 pts. So, today, I will try to be under my 29 daily pts. I'm going to try to eat my 21 pts from the other program. :lol:
Okay, I've got to get ready for church. Today, I'm "cooking" Kraft Shells n Cheese. Yummy!

jar1965
12-05-2010, 11:55 AM
:carrot:Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Went to WW this morning. Lost 2.6# and earned my pretty copper 50# charm! Sporting it around already!:carrot:

maureen kempster
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
way to go Jeanne YIPEEE

the new program starts in Canada tomorrow. can't wait to see what all the hoopla's about

jar1965
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
uh, I am sooo silly! I have had etools for a yr. and never ever realized that the recipe builder was so easy. Remember the pumpkin roll muffins.....well....I figured with the new pp that they would change. I went to the recipe builder and put in yellow cake mix (1 box/18.25 oz.) and 1 can of pumpkin....it figured out the entire points and then broke it down to serving size making those muffins 3POINTS without the icing.:carrot:
4POINTS with 1 Tablespoon of Duncan Hines WHIPPED cream cheese icing!

Just thought I'd share!

spryng
12-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Good morning all!

Jeanne congrats on that 50lb milestone!!! That is amazing!! I'm gonna ask my leader about e tools tomorrow, I guess I was suppose to have some code in my week 1 book but I went back through them and couldn't find them so it said to ask my leader for a etool brochure and it will have another, I'm also gonna ask about monthly passes, I have no idea if my meeting does them but there is only one way to find out but I really want etools for that recipe builder. :)

Well sorry I was kinda mia yesterday, my one day off and I pretty much sat like a lump on a log all day, lol. We also celebrated my sons 10th bday yesterday, his official bday is today but I knew he'd want to play with his presents all day etc and forcing him to go to school today and wait would have been torture so we suprised him with the cake and presents a day early! He was thrilled :) But this weekend I used all my weekly pts, it was wonderful. That is what I do each weekend anyway but figuring out items to equal 49 pts was fun, lol... and of course one slice of bday cake was in there, so worth it, lol. Now today I'll eat light (hit my 29 of course but I'll eat more veggies and probably fish) do you find you have a certain way of eating the day before wi? I do, don't know why but I eat a couple servings of fish (usually tilapia) and only water to drink and more veggies.. just a thing I do I guess, lol. It hasn't failed me so far, LOL.

Well guess I better get back to work, another 60 hour week.. come on xmas and new years! I'm ready for a 3 day weekend, LOL.

jar1965
12-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Hey girls! Wooohoooo.......can you say S N O W!!! We got about 4" and they are calling for 3-6 more. 1/2 hr. south of us, only got a dusting, 1/2 hr. north of us got a foot!!!!!

Well I need some motivation to start getting a little exercise! Any suggestions or free "kicks in the butt" out there?

Hope you all have a great Monday! We are already shoveled out, cars cleaned off and coffee done!

farmgirl7
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
My stars Jeanne, you were up early!!! Are you a morning person? I am NOT. But I am also not a night person either.
Maureen-I think you will be very happy with what you find out at the meetings...I was. Good luck to you!
Tina-I know what you mean about the temps...it was 32 when I went to work this morning. I'm so used to hot and humid, this weather makes my body ache!
Spryng-hope your son had a great bday! A little boy a used to babysit all the time just turned 5. We had his party Fri night. I also enjoyed a piece of cake! I have been doing this program for about 5 days and I do think I'm eating more food. I also love the recipe builder! I have never used it before and now I'm wondering how I made it without it!
Hope yall have a great day! I've got to get to work!

Tina
12-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Well, I sneaked a peek at the scales this morning----no change! :(:(:( I don't understand. It does seem like I'm eating a lot more food with 29 pts. I'm just hoping that the WW scales will show a loss on Thursday mornning.

Jeanne, brrrrr.....about that snow. But, I'll bet it's beautiful.

Tina
12-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Good morning :carrot:
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
I'm off to wrap presents to mail and then get my mammogram. :)

farmgirl7
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Tina-don't you worry a bit about not showing a loss. Your body may be adjusting to the new plan or you might be retaining some water from hormones or something. Hang in there and it will come off! :) Good luck on your mammogram.

Tina
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi all,
farmgirl, thanks for the pep talk. :hug:

Y'all have to hear this---I was backing out of a parking space at Bed, Bath & Beyond when I feel someone hit my back bumper, not hard but a hit. This fancy gray car had come through the lot from one aisle to mine, which is not legal!!!! The woman looked so shocked. I pulled back into my space. I looked around to see her zooming away....didn't stop at all!!!!! I hope her front end is really damaged. I have scrapes on the bumper, on either side of my license plate

Susan, are you sick?
Jeanne, are you at work?
Spryng, I know you are working. :)
Dori, how is Justin?
Maureen, when do you start your vacation? Do you have your paint yet. :lol:
Mimi, Tammy, Clint, what's up?

farmgirl7
12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Spryng-I'm wondering about your weigh in...isn't it today?

jar1965
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone!!! How is the PointsPlus working for you? I think I LOVE it! I have got this thing figured out! (I think)! :yes: lol!

I feel so much better! I haven't been eating all those yucky processed meals. I have been watching labels like crazy. I think the key is PROTEIN!! I try to pick things with higher protein and lower carbs. I'm staying full in between meals too!

For dinner I am making veggie stir fry with sweet n' sour. I bought red, green and yellow peppers, sweet onions, fresh mushrooms, freen green beans, & fresh broccoli. I will add 2 Tbl. of sweet & sour dressing. I am making chicken too.....for Bob! Low Points and soooooo good for you!

Todays lunch was a Fill em' bun with a turkey frank and fresh leaf lettuce & mustard, and a 2% cottage cheese!

Sorry to ramble but I'm so excited and trying to stay motivated, and, this helps!

Tina - I agree with farmgirl! Good pep talk!;)

Spryng - How did you do???????:crossed:

Susan - How is everyone?:hug:

farmgirl - funny about the etool recipe builder! I love it too! Whats new with you? Any good recipe ideas?

Tammy - Hi! Hope you aren't snowed in over there!!!

Dori - Hi girl! How is the new program treating you?

Everyone have a great day!!!

farmgirl7
12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Jeanne- I do have a good recipe for you that I made Sun night. Its called Teds Bean Soup. I used a package of turkey sausage links. It comes 2 big links in a package. Slice them up and brown in a soup pot with about 1/2 an onion. Add 1 can of chicken broth, about a cup of sliced carrots, 2 lrg potatoes diced, 2 cans of navy beans and 2 cans great northern beans rinsed. Add water until it covers everything. I added some salt and pepper and you can also add more chicken broth if you want. Let it simmer for 30-45 min until everything is good and tender. It is a very good soup and is also filling. I measured about 10 servings at 5 pts. per serving. I've been eating that for lunch this week with some fruit. Can't beat a 5pt lunch! For supper I would probably make some cornbread to go with it. The turkey sausage really gives it the most flavor. I also thought some pinto beans would be good in it too. You can change it up any way you would like!:D

farmgirl7
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh I forgot....at the very end, I threw in about 1/4 cup of potato flakes to thicken it a bit. It's up to you if you want to do that.

jar1965
12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
mmmm, sounds yummy! I will definately buy what I need and try that very soon! I'll let cha' know when I do! Thanks!

maureen kempster
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi all

I just came back from a meeting and have all the new reading material plus the calculator-I'm excited. I think I'll make wednesday my day 1-I have to go out now and stock up on some fresh fruit. I didn't have to pay for the meeting because I was within 2 pts of my goal weight-YEAH!

Tina, my holidays start on the 22nd and I go back on Jan 4th. I have 6 days left of vacation but I end up being off 13 days with all the stat holidays and the weekends, so it works out really well. No paint yet

I'm going to put up a real tree this year & will probably pick one up this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. the last few Christmases I really didn't decorate because when I was out west I came out here for Christmas and last year I went out west. This year I'm staying put

well let's all have a fantastic day on program - I can't wait to start it

maureen

farmgirl7
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Maureen-So happy for you!! Good Luck! Let us know how your first day goes!

auntie
12-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Hi,
Just a quick stop in. Went to the ENT today for my yearly checkup. He said my eye was allergy related and to co tinge o. Shots for another year. I wore no eye make up today because it bothered me so bad.

Tina, I don't feel great but think it's the cold front which made my allergies flair up!

I went to weigh in yesterday and was down 1 pound. I won't complain even though I wanted more! :)

Well off to bed! I'm so tired lately! It takes me forever to get use to the time change!

Oh still waiting for Momma to get in to the doctor about her hip! Ugh!!!

spryng
12-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Good morning all! Sorry I was mia yesterday! I meant to get on after my ww meeting but we ended up going out to lunch (used some weeklies on a yummy pizza buffet) then shopped around home depot etc once we got home I had to get a nap since I was working since 3 am yesterday.. then at 6 we had to go to my son's xmas show at the school, was home by 9 and back to bed, lol.. these 60 hour weeks really are killing me.. thankfully I just have ONE more after this one to get through then the last two weeks I'll get 3 day weekends.. I ought to liven up more then, lol.

But anyway, meeting yesterday, I was down 2.4 lbs!!! So I lost what I gained from turkey day (or should I say those 5 days, ah hem!) and then some, so I was quite pleased.. if I lose another lb I'll be down 5 lbs with ww but 10 total since starting to diet a couple months ago.. so I'm psyched! I finally see some progress here. They finally had the food guide and dining out guide so I bought both of them and this really pretty clasping book cover/holder for the getting started book and your wi paper thingy.. it's cute and fits better in my purse now. So anyway, all in all it was a great day yesterday, just busy and tiresome all at the same time, lol.

jar1965
12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Maureen - That is awesome!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Tina
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Morning,
Spryng, :bravo: that's a fantastic loss. :dance:
I'm hoping for at least one pound gone tomorrow. :)

Maureen, I've got to adjust my goal weight because it was set years ago and there's no way I'm getting down to that number anymore. :lol:
Congratulations on Not Paying!!!!!

Susan, I'm sorry you feel so yucky! Stay warm now.
Jeanne, more snow?
farmgirl, is it cold up there? Our high today is only 55.

Got to go get ready for the electrician. I'm soooo tired of workmen. :lol:

farmgirl7
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Good Morning!
I'm sitting at my computer at work (of course...lol), with my heater under my desk, listening to christmas music, and drinking a cup of coffee! There is no better way to start the day!
Spryng-so happy for you on the loss!:carrot: I will be weighing in the morning and will post on what my number is. I know you are looking forward to thoses 3 day weekends!
Susan-so sorry about your eye! Allergies are so miserable. When my cats sneak in the house I can always tell cause I start sneezing and my eyes water. I feel for you!
Tina- its cold here. 37 when I left the house and dh is working in Star City, about and hour away, and it was snowing this morning there.
Maureen-let us know how your day went!
Jeanne-how r you?
I've gotta get to work....have a great day!

maureen kempster
12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Good evening all

I have another hour until I go to bed and I still have 13 pts left!! this new program is amazing(well, I'm only on day 1 lol) as soon as I got home I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fruit. I think the difference with this program is that it's more positive. I was always worried before that I wouldn't have enough points to last the day - now I have to make sure I use them all up.
hope we all have a great day tomorrow

maureen

farmgirl7
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Maureen-that is awesome! What you gonna eat???:T

jar1965
12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
:carrot::carrot:Yay spryng!:carrot::carrot:

auntie
12-08-2010, 10:49 PM
I ate all my points and feel stuffed!!! My sister and I are doing it together but she is in San Antonio. We are determined to lose some weight and get healthy.

Momma has an appointment Friday at 4 pm. Hopefully we will know something very soon after that! She is ready to get better! YEA!!!

Well, off to do a few things....

spryng
12-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Morning all!! :)

Susan it is so great that your sister is doing this with you, really helps when you have a partner or buddy for sure. My dh is doing it with me this time, he lost over 6lbs last week, in total he's over 70 lbs down (not from ww but from portion control, then another plan we tried and now ww) so he's doing amazing and it's spurring me on as well :)

Maureen, isn't it funny how on the old plan we probably used every pt we had and tried to make them stretch and now they seem so much easier on this plan and we usually have leftovers? I just love it! :) I know I had 14 pts left for dinner last night so I was able to have beef and rice (white since it's the same pts as brown and I prefer the taste of white over brown) it felt like I was cheating when I was perfectly OP.. love it!!!! :) what other plan have you been on that you can have pizza on tuesday and mac n cheese on weds and lose weight?! LOL did I mention I LOVE it? LOL

Farmgirl, it was cold in arkansas yesterday! I wish I had a little heater under my desk but I do have one of those heated foot massagers, I just turn the heat only on and that keeps my toes toasty in the mornings, lol.. I could go start a fire but it's ALL the way downstairs and I'm comfy here now, LOL. I need to pull out my xmas cd's too, I love to listen to Transiberian Orchestra this time of year :)

Tina, let us know how your wi goes today! what was your orig goal weight? what would you like to change it to?

Well my evening went well, I didn't get off work until late so I kinda vegetated on the couch and caught up on some tv shows I dvr'd.. I don't know if I told you all but my dh was in an accident before thanksgiving (he's an over the road truck driver) no one was hurt badly, it was the other guy's fault but it totalled both vehicles and hurt my husband's legs (sprained both ankles and bruised up his knees pretty bad) anyway, so he's been put on workcomp for this month.. he's 100% better now which is nice becuase as you know I work from home so he has been entertaining my 4yo during the day while I work and doing all the cooking and cleaning which has been heavenly! Even though I'm putting in 60 hr weeks he's sure making it easier on me.. gonna miss that when he goes back to work in a couple weeks, LOL. But with him being on ww too I get off work to a great OP dinner, he'll see how many pts I left in my journal and cater around it, I told him I wish I could just hire him as my personal chef full time!LOL!!!

maureen kempster
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
have I told you how much I think I'm going to like this program!!! I went to bed last night with 10 pts still not taken! My meals today - until I go home for supper: Breakfast: oatmeal - 4 pts
.5 Cup of skim milk - 1
banana - 0
Snacks: banana, 2 apples & grapes - 0
Lunch: 2 slices of reg whole wheat bread 4
tofu - 2
pint of grape tomatoes - 0

total so far 11 pts - 17 still to use!!!

unbelievable!!

hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am

maureen

Tina
12-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi,
Spryng, I'm sorry your husband got hurt. But, isn't it neat to have him cook for y'all!

Maureen, I know, this is a great program. I can't believe I can eat so much and lose weight!

Yes, I lost weight. Go to the weigh-in thread and look. :)

spryng
12-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Morning all!

Tina, yes you are right, I am very happy right now to have dh's help around the house, you won't hear me complaining, lol

maureen, so glad you are loving the plan!! how did yesterday go for ya?

TGIF all!! I have to work about 6 hours tomorrow so it doesn't feel like a typical friday for me but 6 hours is not very much so I'm just ready to get it over with and relax for the weekend. I finished off my weekly pts yesterday so now I'm curious to see how getting them in earlier in the week will help my wi come tuesday, we'll see! :) But all in all this week has went great...just plugging right along.

farmgirl7
12-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Ok I weighed this morning and I was 151.6. Not real happy cause I was 151.0 on Wednesday. I havent cheated but that is not even 2lb in a wk. I usually lose at least 3 the first wk. Not happy. The only thing I can think of is I really havent exercised much cause it's been so cold. ARG!!!!!

spryng
12-10-2010, 10:48 AM
farmgirl.. did you by chance have something yesterday with some extra sodium in it? maybe you are just up from water retention or is it possible TOM is looming? our bodies are so complex that we really can't go off just 3 days on the program, it's still early enough in your week that you can still see a great loss by wednesday, hang in there!! :)

farmgirl7
12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks, but in all honesty I started Thursday before last. So I've been 8 days and only 1.4lbs. I'm so irritated. How do you change your weight on the weight tracker? Do you have to redo it?

Tina
12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
farmgirl, I'm sorry your bummed out. Maybe your body just has to adjust to this new program. You might have a big loss next time! :hug: My leader did this for one month and only had a 3 pt. loss for the month! Wow, that wasn't much, was it!

Go to User PC and to Edit Signature. I think it's the middle number that we change. You can always preview and see if you need to change something else. :)

farmgirl7
12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
ok I treated myself to a sausage Mcgriddle from mcdonalds ate 3/4 of it. So I guess that was about 9 pts. I am going to step up my exercise and see if that makes a difference. TOM comes around the 17th so maybe I'm holding a little water. Good thing is at least im not gaining!

farmgirl7
12-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks Tina and Spryng...I feel better now. It helps to know that the support is there!

spryng
12-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Morning all!

Farmgirl, I'm glad you are feeling better, we all have those days for sure (or even weeks) just hang in there, the weight will come off, just takes time and patience for sure :)

So glad the weekend is here! I only gotta work 6 hours today, been on since 3:30 so I'll be off by 9:30 so my weekend won't feel too short this way :)

maureen kempster
12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone

I hope things are going a little better for you Farmgirl. Like Spryng says, we all have those days but you can get through it. We're all here for each other.

I'm going out this afternoon to get a real Christmas tree - I haven't put one up (a real one) in years. Looking forward to it. We have a bit of snow now so it's starting to feel festive.

I'm supposed to go to a Christmas concert with my sister tomorrow so that should be fun.

I hope we all have a great day on program

maureen

farmgirl7
12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi All!
Yest. me and dh did some christmas shopping and ate out twice! We went to chilis' for lunch and Olive garden for supper. I ate just until i was full b/c I havent been able to find much info on pt values for things. I did drink 2 glasses of wine with dinner...wooooo dh just about had to carry me out! i couldnt stop giggling as I was walking out of the building. lol I havent had a drink in a while. We had fun! Anyway, I guess I will not use any extra pts for the rest of the week cause I know I burned up a lot last night.
Maureen- have fun getting a tree! Hope your christmas concert is good tom!
Spryng-enjoy your weekend. It does go by too fast!
Tina, Susan, Dori, Jeanne, anyone else I left out(still trying to remember names) hope you all have a great weekend!

Tina
12-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Ho, ho, ho,
We have a beautiful, live tree in our new living room. :D
I thought Larry would have a stroke getting it up the stairs. It's heavy and our stairway is small. :) It's going to be fun to decorate tonight when David gets here.
I always put on the lights so I'm going to start this afternoon.
Maureen, get a good tree and don't freeze out in the snow.

Susan, how are you?
farmgirl, have good day.
Spryng, I know you are enjoying all your free time today.
Dori, what are you doing this weekend?
Jeanne, let's see, I bet you are working in the mall. Right!

I had a poboy sandwich for lunch and I have no idea how many pts. to count. It was turkey and swiss cheese on a poboy bun. Hmm.... How many pts. would y'all think?

Have a great weekend. :hug

maureen kempster
12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone

It's 25 & snowing here. It really looks pretty outside. I put my tree up yesterday and Martha Stewart I'm not, but it's up.

How's everyone liking the new program? So far I think it's great. I always have points left over(so far)

I hope we all have a great day on program

maureen

spryng
12-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Morning all!!

yes I did enjoy my day off yesterday, a bit too much I think, lol.. I wanted to have one glass of of wine (which fit in my pts) that led to two glasses which led to german chocolate cake which led to more mayhem.. needless to say I went WAY over my pts and was sick all night because of it (serves me right, lol) lesson learned, not gonna do that again, I probably blew my wi for this week now but I will just dust myself off today, embrace my clean slate and just keep plugging along..

Tina
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
good morning,
Spryng, yep you had quite a "party." :lol: Every day is a new day.
(I think I blew it on Saturday.)
Maureen, :lol: :lol: I'm not Martha, either. I'm sure your tree is great-looking.
How is everyone?????
It was cold last night but I don't think it was freezing.

jar1965
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Soooooo busy here! RETAIL! Ba hum bug! haha! 2 more weeks and then I'm done totally. I was only working part time for 2 weeks, which changed quickly. haha! Thats ok. I'm almost done, so no complaining from me!;)

Loving the new program here!

I'm doing things around the house and not leaving at all today! We are under a winter storm warning. And let me tell you.....it's coming down!

I'll check back later!

:coolsnow:

jar1965
12-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Hello hello! Where is everyone? I know, you're busy!

Hows the weather for everyone? We are having frigid temps and lots of snow! I didn't leave the house once yesterday!
Saturday night our power went out (actually the entire west side of the city was black) and it was out for about 5 hours. I was home alone too! urgh! Then, again last night the power went out at 9:00 pm and stayed out until about midnight! Urgh!:( I don't know whats going on, but I just cross my fingers that the water pipes don't freeze up and that the furnace comes back on everytime! :dizzy:

Hows the shopping, wrapping & decorating going for everyone?

Well I'm going to go make breakfast and wash the sheets & blankets today. I wanted to get my nails done but I don't know if I want to venture out in the cold!

Have a great day ladies!

spryng
12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Morning all!!

jeanne, yep it's really cold here too! no snow, just below freezing temps.. how did you stay warm when your power went out! that is my worst fear! my whole house is electric, we have a fireplace but it has no damper/flue etc so it just sucks the heat right out so unless you are standing one foot in front of the fire you can't feel it. As far as shopping/wrapping, I've been done since october.. I'm an amazon.com kind of girl, as the kids make their wishlist I start adding to my list in amazon then get it ordered a little by little each week, so I've been done for awhile, just been counting down the days until xmas! my oldest daughter's bday is xmas eve so that is always fun as well :)

Well yesterday was good.. my stomach was still kind of unstable so I ate light and even took off 3 hours from work for a nice long nap, felt wonderful! I was energized afterwards to finish up my work day :) I ended my day a couple pts under target which is fine with me. Today is suppose to be my wi and ww meeting but it's so cold out and my dh's workcomp checks still havent showed up (this is week 4 with no pay) so things are tight so I'm thinking about skipping the meeting today.. I'm actually thinking about stopping the meeting all together, with winter here and the roads icy etc (I live where there are lots of curvy roads with bluffs so it's dangerous on a good day) I don't like to get out and drive much during the winter and hopefully I'm gonna start training next month if I get that new position at work and then add in finances, it seems to be a smart decision to postpone meetings until spring at least. Plus that will allow me to change my wi days and I'd rather wi on fridays or saturdays.. easier to use my weekly pts without worry :) so anyway, that is where I am today, lol.. sorry for the rambling, lol

farmgirl7
12-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Morning all,

Spryng, I fell off the wagon along with you! We are doing cookie trays to hand out to some of the community at work and I have been dipping into them! I'm gonna try and pick myself up and do better. I really need to exercise, but its so darn cold! I feel stress all in my body and I know it would help if I could walk it off.
Jeanne-you have been busy! Hope you have a good day!
Maureen, Tina, Susan, Dori, Have a good day too!
I'm gonna get busy... have a busy day ahead.

Tina
12-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi, I'm still around--some place.

It was supposed to get down below freezing here but never did. I have my shorts on right now!
Iv'e gotten almost all my shopping done. I just need a few gift cards. Our son loves gift cards. The ones for restaurants help him because of finances.
For you newer group members, our son is in his 30's but isn't married yet.
I didn't count my points yesterday. I have today and still have enough for baked chicken and veggies tonight.

Even though I'm on blood thinner right now, I'm going for a pedicure in the morning. Yea!!!!! :):):) The nurse said it was okay just so I told the lady. I get callouses on my right foot and they hurt. I've gone to this lady for a couple of years and she's good.
Everyone stay warm!

spryng
12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Morning all!

yesterday went great! I even had 4 pts leftover after dinner to enjoy two delicious chocolate truffles, yum! My 7 yo had his xmas play last night, he was so adorable! The play was too cute, had me laughing the whole time. :)

Tina enjoy some shorts for me!! I'm dreaming about spring and warm weather, I sure hate winter, I love wearing my shorts and tank tops not confining sweaters and socks, lol.. just a couple more months to go :)

Well another long day at work for me today.. guess I better get back to it :)

jar1965
12-15-2010, 07:07 AM
SHORTS????? Wahhhhh, I wanna wear shorts! Is it silly of me to be wishing for summer already?:o

Off to work at the mall store this morning.

I think the scale is going to be my friend this week!:crossed: I'm going to WW meeting on Saturday, so Ill letcha' know then!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

farmgirl7
12-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello all,
I have been so busy and so ready to get these darn cookies out of my office! We have an author coming tomorrow for our open house, so I am going to be very busy until that is over. Haven't done well on my eating this week. I think its from all the stress. Things will slow down after this week though. I'm ready for shorts too, but my legs arent! I'm gonna have to buckle down. Yay! for all of you who are sticking to plan during christmas month. It's down right hard!

Tina
12-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't want to rub it in but it's 77 here right now. That's one good point about living in south TX. :)
I went out for Chinese food at lunch. Oops! I wasn't thinking about the water rentention that I'll have. My weigh-in might not show a loss tomorrow. That's okay because I know I'm doing good. I have some tight-fitting slacks that are getting loser each time I put them on. :D

Jeanne, please be careful outside.
Dori, how are you? Is Justin back at work yet?
farmgirl, you are doing good. Just keep it up and the pounds will come off.
Spryng, what brand of truffles do you get? They sound good right now. I'm hungry for something sweet.
Susan, how is your mother doing?

Maureen, what have you been doing? Do you like the new plan? Did you get a special booklet for vegetarians? I know they used to have them for the other plan.
Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.

My pedicure was heavenly. I need to write a few more cards and wrap presents.

jar1965
12-15-2010, 10:40 PM
77 degrees?!?!? Whatever! lol!

auntie
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Ok I have posted twice today and it isn't here!!!

spryng
12-16-2010, 05:40 AM
Morning all!

Tina, I'm not sure what brand it is, a neighbor brought them by as a xmas gift.. the kids ate them so fast I don't think I saw the name, LOL.. wasn't one I've heard of before though, but they were pretty good, 2 pts each but nice sized so it was worth it :) 77 degrees, man I live in the wrong state, LOL!!

Farmgirl, I think once january gets here it will be much easier to stick to the plan, november and december is super hard for sure. Just hang in there, this month will be over before you know it! :)

Jeanne, I'm weighing in on saturday as well! I joined online and made my wi day saturday's, I'm excited!

Well nothing really new here to report.. stuck to my pts yesterday, was 1 under for the day. The kids even had pizza for dinner (the diner down the road was doing a special) but I only had 7 pts left for dinner so I had a turkey patty and veggies but it hit the spot and kept me from eating any pizza, lol.. next week I have family coming in for xmas, they may be here ALL week which that will be interesting and I hope I can stick to my pts because my mom is already talking about home made clam chowder in bread bowls and stuff like that, gonna be hard to figure out pts for and even harder to just eat a small portion, lol But I'll take it one day at a time and hopefully this month will hurry up and be over already, LOL

auntie
12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Here I go again and hopefully it will show up. :)

Mom's surgery is Tuesday and my brother in law's is Thursday. Pat told me that I need to be home.. Duh! But it was nice to hear him say it! Plus he said, "Go spend Christmas with your mom and sister. That's where you need to be this year. We will celebrate when you get home." So I'm leaving on Sunday and returning back here on Thurs. Dec. 30! I'm sad that I won't be with him but glad that I can help out with the stress and everything for my mom and sister. My little sister is going out of town on Dec. 26 for a week! NICE!!! I won't get started on that!!!

So Christmas this year will be different and probably spent having sandwiches but that's ok. It will be different anyways without Daddy. Boy I sure miss him!! Plus Dec. 26, is Momma and Daddy's anniversary they would have been married 57 years. So we will have LOTS of distractions.

My food has been ok. Not great but I did have a .4 gain this week. I'm not beating myself up over that. I know that should come off pretty quick. Not sure that I will make a weigh in next week or even until I come back to be honest. I'm going to try to stay on program.

Ya'll have a good day! Let's hope this post.

auntie
12-16-2010, 10:08 AM
YEA it worked!! :rudolph:

Tina
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Happy Thursday,
I'm about to wrap presents. :present:

farmgirl, I hope the open house goes well and you can stay away from the cookies. You could allow yourself one, though, couldn't you?

Spryng, having family is a challenge, even though it's wonderful! You can do this!!!

Susan, I pray that your mother and bil have safe and successful surgeries. Hey, sandwiches at Christmas are interesting. :D
When Larry had his spine surgery, he was in the hospital on Christmas day.
He was served a cornish hen. David and I got hamburgers from the hospital cafeteria. (That was an odd Christmas.) All the family came up and squeezed into the room. :lol:
Dori, Maureen, Jeanne, Mimi, how are y'all doing??????

auntie
12-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks Tina, I will let you know what we end up eating. I remember when Larry was in the hospital. I forgot about y'all eating hamburgers.

maureen kempster
12-17-2010, 06:32 AM
good morning everyone

Susan prayers from here.
Tina, shorts, I don't even wear them in the summer-lol-
My Mother(she's 82) has been complaining of a sore lower back-thank God for my younger sister-she's always taken care of her dr appt's etc-after going to the dr and taking morphine the last day or 2 my sister brought her to the hospital yesterday evening. I'm sure if she gets out of this she's not going to be able to stay where she's living now. It's a senior's residence, I'm sure the next step now will be a nursing home. It's so sad. She is diagnosed with alzheimers but at least she still knows us - she doesn't remember what she just ate though! Getting old is the SH**ts.

I hope we all have a great day-I'm sticking to program - yeah! but didn't weigh in this week

maureen

jar1965
12-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

Susan - continued prayers, hugs, & love being sent your way!

Tina - Whats on your agenda for Christmas Day?

Maureen - It does suck getting old! haha! Whats new? Snow?

Spryng - are you feeling better? I thought I saw somewhere (maybe facebook) that you weren't feeling well and didn't make it to zumba?! Are you enjoying WW online?

farmgirl - Hows points plus going? How was open house?

Dori - hugs & hoping that you are getting ready for the holidays!

Tina
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Maureen, I am so sorry about your mother. Please let us know how things go. We did not want to put my mother in a nursing home. It just got to where that was the only thing to do. I know where you are. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Susan, I hope things go well. Pat is a good guy.

Jeanne, are you still having electric black-outs? How much snow do y'all have.
Dori, how are you, Justin, and the kids?
farmgirl and Spryng, stay warm.

I have been wrapping gifts. I usually use the gift bags but thought I'd do it the "old way" this year. I have not journaled today and that's not good. Shame on me! :)

auntie
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi,

Just a quick note before bowling. School is done, yea!!! I love my kids but love a break.

Maureen, thanks for the prayers. Sending them your way too! I'm sorry about your mom. My grandmother had alzheimer's and it was hard to watch her.

Jeanne, thank you! Hugs!!! Did you get credit for Lindsay, my friend?

I'm sitting in a quiet house. It's nice! I normally don't come home first but had extra time. Pat isn't home yet , no tv on, I'm just sitting and unwinding.

Food was not good today!!! However I plan on it tomorrow!

Tina
12-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Morning, Can you believe that Christmas is almost here! I'm so excited.
Today is baking day. Oh my !!!! I hope I can keep out of the batter. :lol:
Everyone have a good one!

spryng
12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Morning all!

boy am I SORE today! We got the ps3 singstar dance game for the kids and it was so much fun to play last night, it will wear you out though, I woke up this morning to some very sore legs, lol.. so I guess it was exericse as well :)

I may not be on very much this next week with my family here and xmas etc, everything will be back to normal come monday of next week though so I'm just hanging in there :) enjoy your sunday all!

Tina
12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
It's Sunday and only 6 days until Christmas! :present:

Spryng, have a good time with your family. I will miss you online. :(
Susan, glad you get a break from the children. You need it. Be careful in SA.
Jeanne, where are you girl??? Are your finished working at the mall?
Maureen, I'll bet you're taking more beautiful photos of the snow and everything else. How is your mother?
Dori, how are things?
farmgirl, what's going on with you?
Mimi, we miss hearing from you.

Well, we went to Olive Garden today. It was soooo good. There go most of my 49 pts. :lol:

spryng
12-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Morning all!

Tina, yeah since I have to work until thurs I will still be online.. I don't know what I was thinking, I wish I could take the week off, lol.. I just may not be online in the evenings but I can sure post in the mornings still, lol

Well my weekend was a bust... I'm not very happy with myself but I know this is gonna happen, it's life. I know once I get through this week it will be easier to be OP for sure.. my lesson learned is just to write down what I eat... I got busy sat and stopped logging my food in my little food journal and somehow in my brain that turned into a free for all that last until last night, lol.. but I'm making it even easier on myself, I downloaded a ww diary for my droid phone yesterday, it's very neat, like a little paper journal but for your phone and I always have my phone nearby so I have no excuse to not jot my food and pts down, so my commitment today is to log even if it's a ridiculous choice and maybe that will help me stay more accountable :) one bite at a time... that is my new motto :)

Well guess I better get back to work, check out my thread on the main ww page if you haven't already, I'm the new ww moderator for these forums which I'm really excited about. I moderated several years ago so it was nice to be asked back :)

Tina
12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Spryng, what's the name of your thread?

spryng
12-20-2010, 12:16 PM
new ww moderator.. it under the main forum here

farmgirl7
12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey all-
I'm still alive. Open house was wonderful! The author was Melanie Sue Bowles who wrote 3 books one of them being Horses of Proud Spirit. She lives in AR and has a rescue farm for horses so I'm sure you know I was pumped up to meet her! Thurs night after open house dh and I were on our way to get pizza and I was telling him all about my day. It was dark outside and all the sudden a dog came out of the woods and ran in front of my vehicle. The moons light shined on him and I could see he was skin and bones. We pulled over and he came right to us and I put him in my car and took him home. He is a beautiful blood hound who has the sweetest personality. I took him to the vet Fri morning and they checked him for a micro chip. There wasn't one. Poor thing was so starved. He weighed about 70lbs and shoud be about 110lbs. Bloodwork check out good. No heartworms or parasites. I guess it was meant to be. No one has reported a dog missing. No telling where he came from. He has made himself at home and we named him Boss. The other two dogs, Bootsie and Rocky seem to like him as well. Anyway, that is what I have been up to plus I went to see my horses yest. I will check back later...hi to all!

Tina
12-20-2010, 05:35 PM
farmgirl, that is so wonderful that you were at the right place, at the right time to find "Boss." He's lucky to have y'all for new owners.
(We've missed you.)

spryng
12-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Morning all!!

Well this week is gonna be tougher than I thought.. will january hurry up and get here already?? LOL

farmgirl, that is so great that you took that dog in! what a kind heart you have :) those are loyal dogs as well so it's a win win.

Tina, how is the week going?

Well this is my last 12 hour day and Im off the hook for over time the rest of this week, yay! Guess I better get to work :)

maureen kempster
12-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Good morning everyone

Well, after today I'm off until the 4th of January-yeah!!
Farmgirl-that's fantastic that you and Boss found each other.
Susan, how's your Mom doing?
Tina, we do have snow but it's been fairly mild. I really like it right now, it's all nice and clean looking. Come January and February though it starts getting pretty grey and black looking.
My Mom is in the convalscent wing of the residence she lives at. She's not happy and just wants to go back to her own place even though she really doesn't know where that is. I guess familiarity is key with alzheimers. The hospital said she has a fractured tailbone so she has to wear a brace. It's so sad to see her.
I have my Christmas menu now: mock turkey slices with stuffing; potatoes, vegetables, salad and for dessert vegan pumpkin pie. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, I hope we all have a good day

take care

maureen

farmgirl7
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Good Morning!
I'm really gonna try to eat good today. No cookies for me! lol
sprying- I know you must be getting tired of working! At least you can get some overtime here at Christmas. That is always good. Did you ever get dh's comp checks? I know that must be stressful. My dh is self employed and usually work stops or really slows down during Dec and Jan which always makes things hard. So far he has stayed pretty busy though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Maureen- I'm so sorry about you mom. I'm sure its hard to see them get older and when they don't know whats going on around them. Bless her heart! and yours!
Tina-Hows your day going?
Hi to everyone else!
This is my last day at work for the week. I hope you all have a great day!

auntie
12-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know. We checked Momma in the hospital last night at midnight. Surgery at 6 this am. Came home about 1 pm, slept 2 hours and back to hospital. She is doing good. Still under the effects of the drugs. The hospital is on the Riverwalk so we can see the lights. It's really nice. Tonight, my sister and I went down for dinner. Home now, can't sleep, I'm too tired! Ugh!!

My brother in law has surgery Thursday.

I'll keep you posted. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

maureen kempster
12-22-2010, 08:21 AM
thinking about you and your family Susan. A big hug to you

maureen

Tina
12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Great news, Susan!

Sorry I wasn't online yesterday. I was trying to get everything tied up and baked. :lol:
Today is my day to relax. Tomorrow, I began cooking my part of the Christmas dinner.

Later....

auntie
12-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks Maureen! Thinking about you and your mom too! I know it is hard!

Well, PT got Momma in a chair for 3 hours. Yea! However, Momma said " I can't do this alone at home." so the PT said then we need to think about plan B......rehab! Momma was ok but we could tell she wasn't really! She knows she needs it! I can't remember if I told you this is a old ok'd hospital. It's beautiful and th people are great!

Tomorrow is my bil's surgery. I'll go with my sister then I'll go see Momma later that afternoon. It will be a busy day!

maureen kempster
12-24-2010, 06:49 AM
:ginger::ginger:Good morning all - I guess this is it - if we're not ready for Christmas we won't be. I've been up since 3:30 AM and it's 5:40 AM and I have a pumpkin pie in the oven baking!! I want to get as much done before tomorrow because I'm heading to my sister's for dinner today and tomorrow she & her man, my other sister & my mom will be over here for Christmas dinner. My sister will keep my Mom at her place tonight. I think that my mother will end up staying in the convalecent wing of her residence. It's a relief because at least we know there's always someone there that's checking on her. If I don't get back here today - I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas - stay safe.

spryng
12-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Morning all! :)

Just wanted to pop on here real fast and wish everyone a wonderful holiday! Stay safe and enjoy your friends and family :)

Tina
12-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Ditto to what Maureen and Spryng just said.

Everyone have a wonderful and merry Christmas!

I cooked until almost midnight trying to get as much done as possible. Today, I have the butter cake in the oven. (My grandmother's recipe.) Now, I'll make the dressing and cook the turkey.

auntie
12-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Merry Christmas! Everyone made it through surgery! Mom is going to rehab today. Ray is coming home from the hospital. I've done some chores here at home and then I'm off to rehab to meet momma. My little sister is with here at the hospital right now! It's going to odd! No real plan ! No real dinner! Going to church in the morning to give an extra thanks to God!!

Enjoy your families!! And count your blessings!

Hugs!!!

jar1965
12-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!!:hohoho:

jar1965
12-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas! I was sooooooooo sick!!! I was blessed with a massive stomach flu! It was horrible! It must have been the 24hr. thing cause I'm feeling so much better this morning! (I surely lost a few pounds yesterday tho)!!!!

Today is my very last day at Barkus! I know, it took forever, didn't it?! It started in October and you guys had to hear it as each and every store closed. Today is the final one! :( I'm going in around noon and we should be done around 9:00 pm!

It is bittersweet! As sad as it is, there is a part of me that is thinking.....wow, tomorrow is Monday and I really don't have to do ANYTHING!!! Hmmmm, thinking I may like that!

Well ya'all have a great day and enjoy your leftovers and presents!!!!

Tina
12-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi all,
I hope everyone had a fabulous day yesterday!!!!

Jeanne, I am so very sorry about your stomach trouble. Yuck! Glad you feel better. It will be strange for you tomorrow but you will enjoy it!

We had a great Christmas. I ate too much rich food. :) It was good, though. Tuesday, it's back to the gym and treadmill.

Be careful, if you are having bad weather. It was actually freezing last night and will be below freezing tonight. Winter, really! :D

spryng
12-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Morning all!!

jeanne, it must be something going around because my dh was sick on xmas and now my oldest daughter is sick.. gonna be taking extra vit C etc today and praying I don't get it! I can't take any days off work until feb so I need to stay healthy right now :) Hope you are feeling better!

Tina, I'm right there with ya.. I need to definitely crack down this week and undo some xmas damage lol

I'm afraid to look at the scale today, this whole week has been hard on me (in the eating department) my parents have decided to stay until new years which is great and all but that means constant fatty foods in the house and meals being cooked.. but my mom is thinking about starting ww! I'm so excited about that! That will make future get togethers much easier, lol.. so now I need a plan of action for this week because I HAVE to get back op today or I'm gonna undo ALL my progress and I don't want that. So what should I do? I'm thinking just suck it up and start skipping the xmas goodies all over the kitchen and make seperate meals from everyone if I need to. And of course track track track.. I stopped tracking a few days ago and I know that was the beginning of the end for this week but that is ok.. I'm just so glad all the major holidays are now over and I can focus on me again. Maybe I should review goals I've set for myself, my bday is feb 11th so I'd love to be down another 10 lbs by then.. I also think I need to start including some weekly exercise so maybe I'll join an exercise challenge as well.. something to get me moving at least a few times a week would be great. So those are my thoughts today, get back on plan, track track track, set some realistic short term goals to keep me going. Swimsuit season will be here before we know it and this year my #1 goal is to be able to wear a swimsuit without an extra coverup, LOL.. so plenty to think about, LOL

spryng
12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
ok I just updated my signature.. the past week of bad eating has me up 5.6 lbs, a rude awakening for sure! but I'm being accountable for it, changed my ticker and set up my short term goal, to be down 15 lbs (I included this gain in that) by my bday, that will put me at 155 lbs.. so here is the first day of making that happen! :)

maureen kempster
12-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas-I spent it with family so it was nice. I missed not going to Alberta but I'll be there in May. I too didn't stick to closley to program I'm on day 6 of this week so I just got back to journalising. I figured that I've been good for 25 weeks of keeping track so a few days won't knock me completely off track. I even got on my treadmill last night for 15 minutes-I'll get back on again today-
The weather's not too bad - much colder than Texas lol but not bad for here.
I could really get used to staying home.

talk to you all later and have a great day on program

maureen

Tina
12-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Good Morning!

Yes, it's back to journaling. I knew I'd gain, when I put my tracker and calculator away in the pantry. :(:(:( I've undone the good I did on the new plan. :mad:
But, today is the first day back OP. I can do this. I can drink fewer Diet Cokes. I can stay away from the tins of cookies.
Spryng, YES stay away from all the goodies---for most of the day. Maybe you can give yourself one in the afternoon. Can you add a healthy dish to your Mother's meals? Maybe a healthy veggie would be good.

Maureen, I know you are enjoying being off. Maybe you can do more things to your condo this week. I want to clean the floors. :lol:

Jeanne, I hope you are sleeping in today.

Susan, how are your mother and bil doing?

Dori, tell us about your Christmas. How is Justin?

farmgirl, did you have lots of family over? How is your weather?

Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.

farmgirl7
12-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Hello Everyone!
We had a great Christmas! Lots of fun with the family and kids. I haven't eaten good at all! Spryng, I will update my ticker too so you wont have to go it alone! LOL!!!
Sounds like all of you had a good Christmas as well. My goal for this week is to walk at least 3 times, even in the cold. It was 18 degrees this morning when I went to work. Thankfully dh had warmed my car for me when he left for work this morning. I am tracking again on ww online. Havent for about 2 weeks. The holidays are pretty much over for me cause I don't do much celebrating on New Years food wise. Hope all of you have a great day.

spryng
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
The day is going great! Got to keep up the momentum! Eating has been wonderful today and not as hard as I thought to pass up those xmas goodies, I even used my lunch break today to get on my stationary bike for 20 min, earned 1 AP, lol.. I haven't worked out in months so that felt really good! :)

Tina, yeah I'm sure I can modify the meals so I'm not excluded completely from what they make, justa few more days and they'll go home, LOL

maureen, you are right, one week isn't gonna set you back too much! Just hop back OP and keep going.. we are doing this for life so what is one week in the scheme of years? :)

spryng
12-27-2010, 03:22 PM
farmgirl, you snuck in on me, lol.. I am right there with you on exercise 3x's this week, I'll do it with ya so we can stay accountable :)

spryng
12-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Morning all!! :)

Hope everyone had a great evening yesterday. The boards are so quiet these days, hopefully it picks up after the first of the year :)

So yesterday was a success! I ate all my 29 pts, earned 1 AP point and drank extra water etc to flush my system, my scale showed me down 1.2 lbs today, which I'm not counting anything officially until my wi saturday morning. But it's nice to see it was probably mostly water weight I gained. And on the exercise front I decided to join a challenge to get myself moving more in 2011, so I joined the biggest loser challenge here on 3fc.. you don't need to do their diet or anything, it's just to get people moving more and weighing less, so it sounded like fun! if any of you are interested you have until jan 7th to sign up, here is the link :) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/199099-2011-new-year-new-you-biggest-loser-challenge.html

so anyway, here is to another great OP day, let's stay out of those xmas goodies and think about spring!!! shorts, tank tops, the works :)

farmgirl7
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I have good news for all of you Olive Garden salad dressing lovers! I bought a bottle from them and it's only 2 pts per 2 Tlbs. So I have been buying spring salad mix and using that cause it is sooo good!

spryng
12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
ok here is my question about olive garden, why in the dining out book does it say the salad with no dressing is 3 pts?? isn't it all free veggies? I guess the olives aren't but you can pick those out.. any ideas why??

Tina
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Good Day!

Spryng, I'm sure they are counting the croutons in the OG salad.
farmgirl, I didn't know they would sell their salad dressing. I will have to check and see if ours does that. What a great idea!

It is quiet around here. I haven't been on much lately....so much going on this time of year.
Spryng, that is fantastic about your weight. I'm going to pass on weigh-in this week. I've got a bad cold and have been drinking lots of diet drinks---water retention.

Susan, how is your mom?
Jeanne, do you feel okay now?
Dori, how are things?
Maureen, I know you're enjoying your time off.

jar1965
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone!!!

I am feeling better. I went up to jessica's today and walked on the treadmill. Only 1 mile and I was exhausted!

So on Christmas day my brothers best friends house burnt to the ground! It is so tragic. They lost everything. Even their car, as the garage was attached to the house. They have a 3 year old little girl!:(

Bob did really good with his Christmas shopping this year! He got me a Vera Bradley wallet, change purse & eye glass case to match the purse the girls got me. Then he got me a Vera laptop case! And.....a bunch of accessories for my NOOK!!!!! I was so excited!

ashdawn - Hi! Welcome! I do have the Points Value Calculator and I tried to figure out your husbands daily points for you, but mine are already programed in there and I didn't know how to change it! :o I will check on my ww online site and come back to ya!:)

farmgirl7
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Jeanne-they don't live in AR do they? Heard on the radio this morning a family's house burnt down in Bauxite on Christmas Day. They lost everything. So sad.
Welcome Ashdawn!! I am getting back up after falling off the wagon over Christmas (or the whole month! lol)
TTYL

Tina
12-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Ashdawn, welcome, welcome, welcome to our group of losers.
When I went to the first meeting of the new program, they told us that if we didn't get the deluxe kit that day (first of Dec.), they would be out for a long time!
I hope they get them in soon for you. I love my calculator.

ashdawn
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
ashdawn - I got 40 Daily Points plus 49 weekly Points..........
It may be a little different based on his activitiy level........

Thanks so much everyone for replying back! Did any of you all hear long the calculators will be 5 dollars? They said they would be going up in price but I was just wondering how long they will be selling them at this price.

Any advice as I get ready to start doing WW?

maureen kempster
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
welcome Ashdawn-

Ladybug2680
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone. We are down in Thomasville visiting Justin's family for the holidays. We'll be here until the 1st. I'm doing so so OP, but will definitely be back OP when we get back home. Not much is happening. Christmas overall was good and I'm contemplating a few changes that need to be made in the upcoming year. We'll see what happens though. Hope everyone is doing well.

spryng
12-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Morning all!

Not to be a downer this morning but please be careful on looking up daily pts for someone, I know we enjoy being able to help each other out in that department but 3fc is pretty lenient on letting us talk points for food items etc but when it comes to calculating our daily pts that is something each person has to find out through their own means, so you may see a couple posts missing from our daily thread because of this. We can post what we personally get each day (i.e I get 29) but we can't figure out what someone elses will be and post it here, so just a friendly fyi, no biggie! We can move on :)

Dori, enjoy your time away!

Ashdawn, I think that varies by ww location, my ww meeting charged us 10 bucks for calculators and not sure what they will be starting next month. The only advice I got for ya is If you bite it, Write it.. I really find tracking it the key to success on this plan.. doesn't have to be a journal worth of pages, I have a ww diary on my droid phone that I can track on, the calculators are built where you can track on them or of course there are the paper trackers, whichever way you feel comfortable with but track track track! :)

jeanne, that is so tragic about that housefire!!! Were they buying the house, did they have insurance that will help? not that that can replace their sentimental belongings or their heartbreak... my heart goes out to them.

Well today is my last day this week with overtime.. just a 10 hr day instead of a 12, yay! then tomorrow is a normal 8 hr day then off for 3 days, I can't wait! I plan on getting on my stationary bike again today for some exercise and just trying to make it through this week, lol Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tina
12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
It's raining! This is good weather to sit at home and do nothing---Wrong!
I'm going to the gym and get on a treadmill.

We don't have party plans this year. I think we'll go to a favorite restaurant and then come home for a movie. There's a seafood place near us. I love the shrimp cocktail and then a baked potato. Healthy and yummy.

I will be starting our new threads soon. Be on the lookout. :D

auntie
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I think the post that is being referred to stated how many points that person received? I have seen lots of things in the past posted asking questions about point values. We are here to support each other. If our conversations are going to be so monitored then people will stop sharing. I can say I will!

maureen kempster
12-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm with you Susan-I agree things are suggested not being told it's what you have to do

Tina
12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Maureen, do you ever check your PM's? :)

maureen kempster
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Tina

I just never think anyone's sending me any messages lol- I just looked now & replied to one you sent over a month ago!!!

I'll check fb
thanks

maureen

spryng
12-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Morning all!!!

Well today is my friday, I'm soooo happy about that! I'm off at 1:30 today so I'm counting down the hours until my 3 day weekend starts. I found a great fitness game for my ps3 called Get Fit With Mel B looks like it will be alot of fun! Now I just gotta find a store it's sold in so I'm debating going today or tomorrow to find it. Figure it will be a great way to start the new year with some fitness goals in mind.

What are your new years resolutions for 2011?? This year my goal is not to lose weight, it's to get fit and run a 5k at some point this year. And of course losing weight will naturally fit into the scheme of things but I just want to get healthy this year. :) I want to find an exercise program that works for me and is fun, not something I always dread. So the search is on, lol

grabec
12-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Got to loose some weight. My health is beginning to suffer-joint aches and pains and other hip and leg problems. Very stiff. Pretty sure weight loss will help this. Did pretty good yesterday. Think accountability is a good thing.Will someone start a new January accountability thread? Don't know how to do it or I would.

spryng
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
tina has started the new thread for january so please come join us there! :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/220700-thursday-chatters-january-2011-a.html