Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #1  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Yikes! I've gone off program like crazy!

Hi Everyone!

I don't know what it is about the holidays but I keep getting worse and worse on my eating! However, I do have a good 3FCs story to tell you:

Our company gives away boxes of See's Candy every year for Christmas. Today, a box was opened in our office and, of course, instead of taking one piece, I started eating several pieces.

I had been really good since July 1. I joined WW, and taking things very slowly, I have lost 28 lbs. - but since Thanksgiving I have been eating more and more.

I have a habit of being good for a while - and then going back to eating whatever I like and gaining the weight back.

Well, I just read a post on 3FCs in the Weight Loss Support Forum about a woman who just lost her dear friend because she didn't take care of herself - so I immediately threw the rest of the box of candy in the trash. Everyone in the office agreed that this was the right thing to do. This time, I am breaking my pattern.

If I hadn't read 3FCs, I would still be eating that junk. Thank you all for posting your stories and all of your support. This group is very important to me.

Last edited by doingmybest; 12-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's really about pushing yourself and pushing yourself. You've got to learn to tell yourself no. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you have to have it. Took me decades to figure that out. You've got to raise your standards and require more from yourself.

It's also about keeping mis-steps to solo, singular, one time events. You've got to, got to, got to have a recovery plan in place as to how you are going to get right back on track. Right back. Not tomorrow or Monday, but with the very next food choice.

Next time you feel like *giving in*, tell yourself no. "I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to do it." Just this one bite doesn't work, it never, ever does. Much easier avoiding bite number 2, 3, 4 and 5 if bite number one never happens. Push yourself.

I have never, ever, ever, not even one time regretted NOT eating something. Never. Ever.

And I'm sure you won't either.

Life is too precious to live with should haves and could haves and regrets.

All the best.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I too constantly struggle with the ability to tell myself "no!!!!!!!!"
I hate being off-plan, and I well understand the frustration you feel RockinRobin is one of the wisest voices around here, and I fully support her advice (and am taking it to heart in my own case as well, thanks Robin!)
Good luck, and great nsv with the candy. you're already back on the right track 3FC is a wonderful resource, and if we use it, it definitely makes a big difference. I always suggest coming here when you're blue/unmotivated/in the middle of an uncontrollable binge--always works for me
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have done some yoyo stuff in the past. Last year, after my diagnosis with prediabetes, I vowed to stick to plan. I have had occasions where I slipped up, but got back to plan. I know my weight loss is not stellar compared to others, but compared to myself, in a year, I have not regained weight, and today moved my ticker down again. I eat in a sustainable way, not a strict diet.
Eliana has also written about vowing to stay on plan for a year.
Like grieving after the death of a loved one, getting through a year of holidays and ups and down of life.
I think if you can get back on plan, and plan for Christmas, (what treats you can have and when, how to get through certain occasions and parties etc.) you can do it.
hugs to you, it can be hard. I am really glad we are here for you.
I find reading posts from others so inspirational. I do much better sticking to plan when I visit regularly.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, everyone, for all of your comments and support. So far, I am doing much better because I keep your words in mind!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Great job on throwing the rest out!

One other thing I do is to calculate the WW points FIRST before eating any candy. Then I say, "okay, I can have 3 pieces of candy, but that means only a salad and 2 oz of chicken tonight. Or I can have one piece now and have 5 oz of chicken AND salad AND 1/2 cup of rice tonight with fat free pudding for dessert.

Usually a couple pieces of chocolate don't seem worth missing out on a big healthy dinner!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote