Weight Loss Support - December Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome

Diana3271
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the December Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer3:

Demona
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Hello there. I'm new to the site, but not to the weight loss struggle. I've lost 6 pounds in the month of November, and I have high hopes of losing 10 pounds this month of December. I consider myself an active chick, but I can't seem to get the pounds to shed. I hope that maybe by posting what I am doing and eating where others can see it, perhaps I can get some helpful pointers on what & where to tweek things. I'm accustomed to posting food and activity on another site that tracks everything, but no one sees it but me....maybe that is the problem. I'll soon find out.
Thus far, as of today I have consumed a pear for breakfast, 1.5 cups of romaine salad with 2 tbsp of zesty italian salad dressing for lunch, and a medium plum for an afternoon snack. I plan to have 4 oz of spagetti for dinner with 2 servings of hunts garlic and herb sauce.
For activities, I have been to the gym already today and did 45 minutes of run/walk intervals on the treadmill for 3.32 miles, burning 513 calories followed by 25 minutes of weight lifting using free weights. I've walked most of the day between tasks at work and at home for approximately a total of 75 minutes all together.

I'm new, so I am not sure if I am Over-Sharing...but I hope to get the hang of things soon. Thanks for your support.

Andejean
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Okay, I can do this. Today is the first day of my recommitment to make this work (And my second day on the forum). I have a friend with a slight heart problem, and her doctor wanted her to get out and excersize, so for the last month and a half or so, we have been going to the gym together, 3 times a week. She joined my gym, so it was a nice kick in the butt to actually get me to go. We hit the eliptical for 28 minutes, plus a cool down of 5 minutes, then hit some circuit training. We have a log, and have been tracking our weights, and reps, etc. Her doctor is very proud of her. I on the other hand have not been doing much more than that, and if you look at my logs, in that month and a half, I have actually gained a pound or two (Not bad considering that included Thanksgiving, but still not what I had hoped for). I know, I know... It's the food that matters, and I aim to fix that.

Today I broke out a beautiful journal that I had been saving for something important (It just seems too pretty to write in), and logged what I ate, measuring everything, and logging calories.

I ate what I feel is a very healthy breakfast, a homemade breakfast burrito consisting of one whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup (homemade with very little vegetable oil) refried beans, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, 1 egg, scrambled with a spritz of Pam, and 1 T of salsa. I calculated that to be 481 calories. I know that canned refried beans is made with lard, and since that is the calorie count I used for my estimate, I am really a little below that right? I also have 30 calories in my daily vitamin regimin, so 511 calories for breakfast.

Lunch I fell of the wagon a bit, our roommate brought home left over pizza, so I had two slices (I'd normally have more, but I was trying to be logical), then about an hour later when I was hungry again, I had 1/2 cup of madarin orange slices, which according to the package was 80 calories. The pizza I estimated at 400 calories for the two slices, though I am not sure how anyone can give a calorie estimate for pizza since it always varies by how it's made. The online estimate was 180 something a slice, so I rounded up, but maybe not enough. Anyway, it obviously didn't fill me up since I went back for the oranges so soon... Oh well, live and learn, then get healthy!

For dinner, I am making baked breaded cod (It's yummy, has parmesan cheese in the breading, but just a tad), with a hearty side of steamed veggies. I calculated that the cod would have 248 calories, ane according to the package (green giant steamed veggies) is 40 calories per serving (3 servings per bag, so if I split it between my fiance and I, that is 60 calories each. I think the dinner is looking pretty good.

Saturday, my gym buddy, my fiance and I are attending a class at the gym on eating healthy, appropriate diet choices, calorie intake for our BMI, etc, as well as pointers for working out. I know that it is mostly an individual issue, meaning each person work differently, so I'll take what I learn Saturday objectively, BUT I am looking forward to learning things about me, and I am excited that I have two people in my corner to help hold me responsible. :)

Diana3271
11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Demona & Andejean Hi :wave: and Welcome!

steinanwine
11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
I am also new to the forum and I already love it here! I am REALLY inspired by everyone's tickers and progress.

I am on day 2 of calorie shifting and it is going really well. I am doing a little exercise, 30 mins, on my elliptical, just to get going again. I have always been a BAD exerciser so I am hoping to build up to a better routine. I dont want to make it mandatory because then I will never do it!! Just easing in.

But I am going full on counting my calories and I am sure it will have an impact, totally changing bad eating habits. Writing my cals down totally makes me accountable.

I measure out all my food to the serving size.

Breakfast:
Cheerios & Fat free Activia.

Lunch:
Black beans, brown rice and grilled chicken and salsa.

Dinner:
Chickpea Burger on Sandwich Thin with salsa.

Snack:
Exactly 12 sweet potato chips with salsa!

I like salsa by the way! Basically no cals and great flavor!

So glad to be here and soooo looking forward to reporting good results! I am starting small so only aiming for a 10 lbs weight decrease, although I really want to lose 50lbs! In time!

steinanwine
11-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I know that canned refried beans is made with lard ....

Andejean, I have seen and purchased Fat Free, Low Cal refried beans in a can and they were GOOD! I have seen vegetarian refried beans too but I think those had some fat. The fat free were surprisingly tasty and I think had like 70 cal per serving. Just an FYI to look for, they make a great spread, dip or filling with basically nothing in them if you want to cut out the lard! The brand is La Preferida ... I bought it at a little Mexican grocery but I really think you might be able to find this, or other brands, at main stream supermarkets.

Andejean
11-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks steinanwine!

For right now we have a temporary live in room mate, and he is obsessed with making his own homemade refried beans. I know what he puts in it is very healthy (2 T of olive oil in the WHOLE LB of beans, lol), so I know it is far better for me that your average refried beans, but he won't live here forever, and I for darn sure don't have the patience he has to make my own, so I will make note of your suggestion for the days after he finds his own place. It's nice to know I don't have to make my own or fall back on high fat content! I love the extra boost the protein from the beans gives me. I'm not a big egg person, so it's a nice way to get my morning protein!:)

roxannestags
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Well, the baking went well, I did eat about 3 cookies and did end up at 1700 calories for the day instead of 1600 but not too bad.

The thing that is bothering me is that I have had no time for working out. Yesterday was my late day at school but also had to leave don't use it! And if I don't keep walking every day I won't make it to Mt. St Helens!

I may not be working out tomorrow either though. I have a nutrition test to take tomorrow that I have not studied for. Bleh. Oh well, school is almost over for this semester. Thank goodness!

Alright off to bed for me. Going to get an early start tomorrow. Can't believe its a new month already!

Oh and welcome to the new members! The more the merrier!

Roxanne

Pint Sized Terror
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Yay! New thread!

Technically it's still November, but HI anyway!!

Tonight was terrrrrrrrrrible. Bad. Awful. The worst. An unfortunate series of events made it impossible for me to eat more than a pack of almonds and a granola bar until 8PM TONIGHT. It started by waking up too late and throwing everyone's schedule off, and and ended by slamming into a greasy, calorie-bomb pit at 8. I ate sooooo much... Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2200 calories. I didn't check for sure. :o

Then (and this has nothing to do with lack of time) I find out that my husband spent $100 on tickets to the squadron Christmas party and we are expected to attend. I thought we weren't going (and that he never bought tickets) so I never did my ugly sweater dress. I'm barely speaking to him right now, but agreed to go. They give out prizes and stuff. Last time I went to one I won an LCD flatscreen, so maybe it will pay off. Problem is, I have nothing to wear and it's this Saturday. I have a pair of decent-looking heels that *look* like high heels, but are really pretty short. They just have a platform under the toes. I walked around in them a bit, and it's totally up in the air if I can wear them. I just don't know. I plan on bringing flip flops with me just in case. As for a dress, I have NOTHING AT ALL. I can work my butt off trying to get the ugly dress made, or I can go out and spend money on a new dress, which I REALLY don't want to do. So I started piecing all the cat-in-Santa-hats and what not tonight for the ugly sweater dress. I worked on it for 3 hours straight tonight and I already want to throw it in the garbage! :mad: I hot glued an elf-ear to my shirt and a googly eye somehow ended up... and this is embarrassing... in my belly button. I'm going to try some thrift stores. I just really don't see the point of spending a lot of money on a dress I'll only wear for one night. :mad:

After all the sodium I ate tonight, I'm going to give myself a while to "heal" the damage. :p

Tomorrow is a new month! I can't wait!!

krampus
12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone! I'm going to be better this month about tracking in this thread than I was last month, because this month I'm going to do a better job overall.

I weighed in this morning at 125.2 lbs or 56.8 kg - a fantastic new low for me as far as post-puberty weight is concerned. No better way to start December.

I'm shooting for under 1400 all week, with a bit more on weekends (~2000). My December goal is NO BINGES for the weekends - not eating until I feel ill which happened last weekend and the weekend before that. I've still lost weight, but I shouldn't have to spend the first 4 days of each week getting back to where I started the week before.

I turn 24 on the 24th, and leave for a 10-day trip to Germany on the 26th. Hoping to be 122 by my birthday. :)

Diana3271
12-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: It's a brand new month! Let's make it a great one!

steinanwine Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Krampus Great job on the new low!

krampus
12-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Day #3 of under 1300 calories. I think I'm "supposed" to eat a little more but I like what this is doing. I felt weak in the afternoon, perhaps slightly low blood sugar. Eating a mandarin orange helped. Still feel pretty hungry now and I've drunk 2L of water in the past 3 hours. I might raise my calories to 1400 tomorrow.

Breakfast - 89
Yogurt (89), black coffee

Lunch - 710 (estimation)
Halved/thirded rice portion Butadon (sliced pork with onions on white rice)
Miso soup with tofu and seaweed
1 1/2 mandarin oranges

Snack - 40
One mandarin orange

Dinner - 430
One slice maple bread (169) with 1 egg (80), part with ketchup and part with fig jam (50)
Bowl of lentils, just over half a can, with garam masala (100)
Bowl of kimchee (about 30)

Exercise
50 minutes walking
35 minutes Tae Bo
60 pushups
150 crunches
40 leg lifts (20 each side)

Total Calories: ~1270

shellsbrood
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Happy December, all! :brr:

Krampus--Congrats on the new low!

Pint--I'm sorry, but the googly eye in the bellybutton made me giggle. :lol: That totally sounds like something that would happen to me.

Roxan--Mmmm...what kind of cookies did you end up making? And, yes, I do normally eat breakfast, but it takes me a good 2-3 hours after I wake up to actually be able to eat. Leslie said it's best to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up, because digestion is the thing that gets your metabolism going. So, I'm trying it. It is hard, because I'm totally not hungry when I get up. She said to keep pushing through and that the body will change and be hungry when first waking. I guess we'll see!

:welcome2: to all the new members!

Vixsin
12-01-2010, 09:44 AM
HAPPY DECEMBER!!!!!

I am starting off the month right with a new low on the scale! :woohoo: I was on plan yesterday and will be again today.

Today's eats:

B: greek yogurt, kashi, 2 LC cheese things, sm apple = 420
L: chicken, g beans w. almonds, sm apple, string cheese = 420
SN: sm apple, LC = 130
D: (planned) Tilapia tacos w shredded cheese, salsa, cheesy rice stuff with broccoli = estimated 500ish
Total = 1470

No exercise for me today. I am still nursing the cough I developed over Turkey break.

:welcome3: to all of our new folks! This is a great place! You will find the support you need here!!!

Shells: :wave: Hey Lady! :)

Krampus: Good to see you. 1400 sounds like a great number especially if you were feeling that tiredness at around 1300. Great job recognizing it!

Pint: Good to see you. Dust yourself off and move past the nastiness. :) You can do it!

Roxanne: Hey you! :) Yes, what kind of cookies did you make? My son and I are going to be doing alot of baking this year for Xmas. It's a lean year for us moneywise. Also, don't be bummed about not getting exercise in right now. I feel your pain. I haven't been to the gym in over a week now and it's killing me! This is a tough time of year for everyone. I find that it helps me to get UBER-focused on my eating plan during those times. Someone said to me something that has always stuck with me: Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Hope it helps. I know you'll get it figured out. :)

LindseyLou
12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Demona, Ande, Stein- Welcome! :D

Pint - Sorry to hear about your day! :( I always hated when my hubby would spring stuff like that on me, and I've got a couple days to get something decent around to wear. I used to just wear a nice pair of slacks and a cute top/sweater to the squadron parties. Let us know what you find! :)

Krampus - Awesome job on the new low!! :D :woohoo: I'm totally jealous of your trip to Germany! ;) I hope you have a blast! I'm sure you can be at 122 before you leave!

Shells - Hey girl! Happy December to you! :snowglo:

Vixsin - Congrats on the new low! :D Happy December to you! :clause:

Today's my weigh in for the week... 155.8# That's -2.4 from last week! ;) Not bad! I think I'm going to get my hair cut this weekend or next week to celebrate the 20 pound mark (I'm pretty confident I'll be there very soon!).

Hope everyone has a great OP day! :D

Pint Sized Terror
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm sticking with the sweater dress. I refuse to spend money on a new one. And this is a party where the women are supposed to wear cocktail dresses or ugly sweaters. I have no ugly sweaters (and again, I don't want to buy one) so I'm just re-doing an old dress to look like one. I'll definitely post pictures when it's finished. The woman who's in charge of putting the party together told my husband that among the prizes is a 42" HDTV, $1000 cash and a lot of other stuff. I'm guessing the bigger ones are going to be given away in raffles, but still!

I woke up today all bloated and sick feeling. I blame my diet last night for 100% of it. I just can't eat like that. :barf:

Conrats Lindsey!

Good job on the new low Vixin!!

Shells, it's true! I wouldn't be hungry AT ALL when I woke up. I'd usually eat a couple of hours after waking, or not at all until lunch. I started doing the whole "eat within an hour of waking" thing, and within a couple of weeks, sure enough, I started waking up hungry!

Krampus, I found that I start getting more headaches and tiredness when I go below 1300. An average day for me is around 1400 calories, +/- 100.

Diana and all the new folks, HI!

shellsbrood
12-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Gah! The school called and my hubby has to go pick them up. Apparently, my son has been sneezing a lot, runny nose, red eyes and isn't really doing anything. He has no fever, but they'd rather him go home. And, as we can't make two trips, we're picking up our other child too. Seriously? Another cold/virus? We just got over the flu thingy last week. I'm sick of all the illnesses! I just want to sit down and :cry:.

Sorry, I'm not being very positive, I'm just a little overwhelmed. :(

Diana3271
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Vixsin Hi :wave: Congrats on the new low!

Lindsey Great job on the 2.4 pounds. I think that's awesome!

Pint I hope you feel better as the day goes. I know it's not good to feel like that.

Shells Aww, I'm sorry you are going through all of that with the little ones. I hope things turn around soon. :hug:

MamaP
12-01-2010, 01:29 PM
December 1 and I'm re-focused . . . of course it's the holiday open house for the other law firm on my floor and they have a massive amount of really good catered food for the open house and the kitchen will be filled with the leftovers for the rest of the week. I will have to be very selective in what I choose to eat. My office Christmas luncheon is scheduled for December 21 and I really want to wear the dress I bought. Right now I could wear it, as long as I didn't want to worry too much about being able to sit down in it. I usually only see my boss' wife once a year (at our luncheon) so she is going to be surprised at how different I look (even though she knows I've been losing weight, it's much different to see it).

Hope everyone has a good day.

shellsbrood
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Diana. TOM should be here any day and I'm a complete mess. I think it's a mixture of exhaustion from the kids being sick and my hormones. My eldest son suffers from allergies pretty badly, so I gave him some Zyrtec just in case. He does sound better, so I'm hoping his symptoms were just allergy related. :crossed: Thank you for your kind words, though. :hug:

Lindsey--I hope you take pictures of your new cut!! Are there any particular styles you're considering?

Pint--My dad was a cop and I remember going to his policeman formal balls. They always had such great stuff they gave away. Even plane tickets for anywhere in the US!

Vixsin--Hello to you too, Lady! ;) I'm sorry about your cough. :( I hope you feel better soon. Lovin' your new low, though!! :carrot: I remind myself of the 80% diet, 20% exercise thing too. I think I read it from one of the maintainers on here.

Diana3271
12-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Kris I'm glad to hear that you are re-focused. You can do it. Look at everything you have accomplished so far.

Shells I hear you on the hormones. I think I posted here the other day when I was having my "moment". :o I actually had a "moment" where I hated the whole world (literally) and I didn't give a flop about anything. :D Not a good feeling.

ETA: I totally believe if men got TTOM, something would have already been done about it. :lol:

LindseyLou
12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Diana - Thanks, I do too! ;)

Shells - Aww, I hope it's just his allergies too! You definitely don't need any sick children! You just got over the puking thing with them. :( Hope they are better soon! And hope you're feeling better soon my dear! :hug: I will..I am going on Tuesday in the afternoon. Hubby doesn't know. ;) I'm going to just surprise him! Yeah, this is the cut I'm going for... :)

cincimini
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Diana - :lol: That is so true!

Lindsey - Love the hair!

Shells - :hug: I know how you feel. Hormones can be awful.

I'm having an okay day. TOM is gone, I've been drinking a lot of water/tea today and I hope to flush out some of the stupid lbs leftover from Thanksgiving weekend. Had a good cardio workout today - did almost 7k :carrot:.
This was my food intake today:
B - coffee with milk
L - 2 crisp bread, one with a slice of ham, one with cream cheese and jam
S - Fruit smoothie with mango, blueberries and banana
D - Whole-wheat spaghetti with artichokes, olives and peppers, piece of chocolate from my advent calendar and a latte for dessert

L R K
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :wave:

I am definitely back in for Dec! :D

Demona, Andejean & steinanwine - Hi and Welcome to the thread! :welcome2:

Diana, Roxanne, Pint, Krampus, Shells, Vixsin, LittleL, Mama, cincim - Let's make it another great month! :grouphug: :D

L R K
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Ok Ladies, my first day of December was off to a rough start. I didn't sleep much last night, I was tossing and turning all night. I was having these awful nightmares about cows / calves being abused and slaughtered, I couldn't sleep, these images and feelings just kept popping up in my head. It was awful.

Today has been just a sad day in general, those nightmares have stuck with me all day, it's been terrible and to top it all off it is TTOM - so I am more emotional (and moody!) than usual.

On a better note, I have had a good food day. Stuck to plan which I am grateful for.

Here is the plan for the day Weds 12/1/2010

B - 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and maple syrup + 1 small banana

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus + 1.5oz dry-roasted cashews

L - Homemade barley casserole, about 1.5 cups worth + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple + 5 reduced sodium Triscuits + 2 sqaures dark chocolate

D - Probably make a stir-fry. Marinated tempeh, tahini sauce, lightly steamed kale and sugar snap peas on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

Demona
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Breakfast 1 plain white bagel with a VERY light smear of cream cheese. Lunch 2 cups 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. Afternoon Snack 3 servings of pistachios {Planned} Dinner 2 cups prepared mac n cheese.

Did a lot of stolling around today I would guess counts as walking. After dinner my planned fitness activity is to do some power walking on the treadmill and a Hip Hop Abs video.

LindseyLou
12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Cincimini - Thanks! I can't wait to get it cut! I hope it looks as cute as the pics! :)

Lauren - Heck yeah, December is gonna be awesome! :D Your breakfast sounds sooooooo good. :drool:

Demona - Hi! :wave:

nicolewoods1
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Hello Everyone!! :) i have missed you guys soo much!! :hug:
let me just tell you i have had such a busy month, iv had sick kids, sick mom, and alot of stuff going on in our lives right now and thats why i haven't been around! :(
i have stayed op all month with my calories ranging 1400 to 1500 with a couple days going up to 18-1900, but i trucken through, and weighed myself today weighing in at 171, i am sooo pleased with that number. i was hoping for at least 174, and it went well above my expectations! :carrot:
i have to confess i am LOVING only weighing myself monthly. i just stay op and don't have the stress of getting on the scale. and i give myself a very realistic goal of 3 to 4 pounds a month, and i have such a peace about that. by march or April i should be at goal, and if i get there before so be it!! i promise ill try to be around more this month for accountability. i hope everyone is doing well.

Pint i hope you are feeling better! :hug:, we have dh's Christmas party Saturday as well and Friday im going out and buying a new dress, but with me im just using the party as an excuse to by a sexy (but modest) dress ;) and i sure dont have skills like you to make my own i would look a hot mess! :dizzy:
i hope you enjoy yourself and win something!! i think we have won every year but last so im hoping for a flat screen or GPS this year! :D

Ekicna
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone! I definitely need a thread like this. I am horrible at finishing things I start. I keep track of my food intake and exercise on My Fitness Pal if anyone wants to see my journal.

Breakfast:
Fiber One - Frozen Ready-to-Eat Blueberry Muffin, 1 muffin 180 Calories
Homemade - Alienated Blueberry Muffins, 0.5 muffin 64 Calories

Lunch:
Healthy Choice - Chicken With Rice Soup - Microwave Bowl (397g), 1 cup 100 Calories

Snack: Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs - Oreo Thin Cookies, 1 package 100

That is what I have eaten so far. I also did 30 minutes of Cardioke this morning and I have had approximately 48 ounces of water so far today.

Pinkstar104
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone glad we are all together! :grouphug:

I had a terrible day.:(
I weighed myself this morning I lost 1.5lbs and was 125.9! I was so happy about it! I did want to have a little cheat day of no more than 1600 with a few little treats I was craving all week. But It backfired so fast. I don't think I can ever safely eat those foods or at least not yet. So My #1 new rule it to stay far far away from any bad food! I was doing great without it! I feel awful after eating it today. So I now I am going to be working towards becoming binge-free for 40 days again. I am trying to be positive, thinking " I did it before I can do it again one day at a time!"
I am absolutely dreading tomorrow because I am going to weigh myself to see how this affected my weight. I hope I didn't undo my loss! I am so disgusted with myself right now. But it was like I couldn't stop I wasn't even hungry at all and I was just mindlessly eating!
Here's the awful check-in:
Exercise walked 30 minutes.

Breakfast (
1 slices ww toast 160
1 oz natural PB 200
jam 40
1 cup milk 90
apple 120

Lunch (
3/4 cup kashi cereal 180
1/2 cup nonfat milk 45
1/2 cup blueberries 35
cotton candy ice cream pop 100
Rf cheese stick 70
2 cups popcorn 100
this is where it gets ugly.. I was in pre-binge mode for breakfast and lunch so after lunch I just went all the way and really binged hard.:stress: I binged on pumpkin muffins, banana cake, chocolate, many kinds of candy, cookies, more PB. I am so upset/ashamed feel so fat its unbelievable! I just ruined my 40 day binge free spree. Now I'm back to square one and am feeling really bad about it. I actually tries to purge ti up since I ate so much. I never had bulimia I am a recovered anorexic though ( I was anorexic a few years ago) The starvation from that caused me to binge hence, becoming unhealthy. I had 2500-4000 I'd say.
So I am trying not to freak out right now. All I can do i guess is get back on track tomorrow and keep it that way. I am going to make sure I plan my day ahead every.single.day to prevent any mess-ups.
I'm sorry I just really needed somewhere to vent this to.

steinanwine
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Pinkstar104 - Try not to be too hard on yourself! I know its a horrible feeling after you have binged on junk food but its over now and you can get back on track no problem, this one day won't ruin your success! Just be positive and feel even better about sticking to your plan.

Day 3 of calorie shifting for me, today was a "big" day, 1728 calories and I haven't even come close to eating them all.

Breakfast:
Activia - 70 cal
Sandwich thin with 1 Tbs fat free cream cheese - 130 cal

Snack:
3/4 cup cheerios - 110 cals

Lunch:
Chicken wrap -
Wholewheat tomato tortilla - 170 cal
2 Tbs FF cream cheese - 30 cal
cucumber, spinach
3 kalamata olives - 45 cal
1/4 of a chicken breast - estimating 120 cals, really not sure need a food scale!

Dinner:
"Tostada"
Wholewheat tomato tortilla - 170 cal
1/2 cup black beans - 90 cal
1 Smart Sausage (veggie protein sausage) - 140 cal
1/5 avocado - 65 cal
1/4 cup cheese - 110 cal
2 tbs sour cream - 40 cal
cilantro, lime, a little raw onion

Total: 1290 ~

The tostada was really filling so I am not sure I will even snack later but I still have so many calories!

I want to keep weighing myself to see how my early days of calorie counting are going but I want to try to hold off too so I can see a big number in a week or month! I guess I should fight the urge!

It was a good day and it is surprisingly easy for me to eat under calorie and find and make satisfying healthy food!

Pinkstar104
12-01-2010, 10:15 PM
steinanwine- Thanks :hug: You're right. I am feeling better and I actually feel stronger now about staying on plan :) You plan sounds great! I heard about calorie shifting its very interesting. About the weighing yourself I personally like to weigh myself once a week so I am able to make changes in my plan if I am at a standstill and I need to be seeing a loss to stay motivated but that's just me. But I can understand what you are saying about waiting so there's bigger results, I want try the weighing myself once a month it would be a more exciting loss!

steinanwine
12-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I am really glad you feel better Pinkstar! You just have to stay positive and know that mess ups can be corrected with healthy behavior, take comfort in being healthy!

I like calorie shifting although I guess I am not technically doing it right, I think I am supposed to be eating exactly my calorie limit for the day, but it can't be bad to eat fewer calories!!

I am sure I will weigh myself again tomorrow but I do want to change it to a once per week thing just so I can see a more obvious 2 or 3 lbs weight loss. When I started Sunday I was 180, Monday it looked like I lost 1 or 2 lbs (but I didn't really believe it) and today it says 180 again. I'm not upset about it, just annoyed. It's not really helpful to see that day to day at this point. It also kind of makes me think when I hit my week goal on Sunday night I wont have lost much .... we will see ..... my scale is also CHEAP and probably the totally wrong number. Maybe I should invest in a good one ....

Pinkstar104
12-01-2010, 10:48 PM
stein- Looking at it that way really does help! So thx again :)
Also, I would definitely not weigh-in everyday because weight fluctuates and can fluctuate up to 5lbs of water weight! I can imagine how frustrating than can be. You will feel and be better off once a week. :) I question my scale too.. its not the best

Diana3271
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope you had a nice day and evening.

I'm checking in late. I had a hair cut/color today, then we went to eat, I had to go to the grocery store. Now it's late. Not a lot of time for personals, just a couple comments.

Lindsey How did the haircut go. I like the pictures.

Lauren Those nightmares sound awful. I know you are very passionate about your beliefs. I hope you slept better tonight. :hug:

Total Approx 1405 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
2 Slices Nature's Own Wheat 35 calorie bread 70 Calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Sliced Turkey 60 calories
Mustard 0 Calories
Romaine Heart leaves 0 calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/soy dressing 200 calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 calories
Vegetables 100 Calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Nicole - Congrats on SURPASSING your goal!!!! :D :yay: Great work!!!

Pink - :hug: Aww, don't be so hard on yourself! Tomorrow is a new day, IF you gain, you will have that off in no time. ;) It's part of this whole weight loss process, we all have good days and bad. You don't eat like that on a daily basis and I know tomorrow (and all week and all month) you'll kick butt, so don't stress hun! Think of it as you getting it out of your system. Sometimes those treats just taunt us!! :devil: I think you're doing amazing, you've made GREAT progress! :carrot:

Diana - I don't go get it cut until next Tuesday. :D I'm excited! I'll probably post pics!

Happy 1st of December! I can't believe the year is wrapping up! :dizzy:

Here's what I ate today...
B- strawberry oatmeal w/banana 290
S- 1/2 c. pineapple chunks 60
L- SO quesadilla w/ RF sour cream 250
D- turkey bacon club no mayo, honey mustard, a few of hubby's fries 600
S- taco (I treated myself for staying on plan 10 weeks!) 300
~20 mins of 30 DS L2 D7

Today it's been 10 weeks since I started and 19.4# gone forever! This is the longest time I think I've went without giving up! :carrot: I treated myself to a taco tonight, haha. It was pretty good, but I'm regretting it now...heartburn! :( Darn!

I hope everyone had a great 1st of December! Let's kick butt this month ladies!!! ;) If we can make it thru December I think we can do just about anything! This is one of the hardest times with all the holiday treats at work, school & at home! We CAN do it!!!! :D Anyone up for a holiday challenge?? (Weight loss, resisting temptations, exercise, other...)

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok Ladies, my first day of December was off to a rough start. I didn't sleep much last night, I was tossing and turning all night. I was having these awful nightmares about cows / calves being abused and slaughtered, I couldn't sleep, these images and feelings just kept popping up in my head. It was awful.

Today has been just a sad day in general, those nightmares have stuck with me all day, it's been terrible and to top it all off it is TTOM - so I am more emotional (and moody!) than usual.

:( Hope tomorrow is better my dear!! :hug:

Diana3271
12-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Good Morning! :wave: I hope you have a great day!

shellsbrood
12-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Good Morning. :dz:

Lindsey--I love the style!! (I also love the hot pink ;) ) I think it will look awesome on you. I can't wait to see the after pictures! I'm definitely up for a challenge! I need something to motivate me this month. I've been pretty much OP for the last three months and have been slipping a bit lately. I'd love to finish out the year strong!

Stein--Mostly it's not bad eating too few calories. It's generally not recommended to go lower than 1200 without the supervision of a physician. ;) Welcome to our little group, btw! :D

Pink--I hear ya! I struggled a bit yesterday, too. I tend to lose will power around that TOM. Today, though, we're back on plan! :carrot:

Ekicna--Great job on that water intake. I'm terrible with that still! :^:

Niiiiicole!!! We miss you too!!! :hug: I hope things ease up for you. How are your mom and kids feeling now? We've had a lot of sickness here, too.

Demona--I love pistachios! :drool:

Lauren--Oh, how awful. :( I'm so sorry you had those nightmares. I think I would have cried my eyes out. :( I did when I watched Food Inc.

Cin--Thanks. :hug: Wow, 7k?? Way to go, girl!!! :carrot:

Diana--Yep, that probably summed me up yesterday, I couldn't stand anyone. *lol* How are you doing today? Are you guys going anywhere for the Holidays?

I totally messed my sodium up yesterday. I'm not supposed to go over 1,000mg because of my inner ear disorder. I completely blew it and ended up feeling dizzy and yucky by the end of the day. I really need to be more careful. :tired:

shellsbrood
12-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Yesterday's Info:

Exercise: 40mn LS cardio

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, light toast, 1/2 banana, coffee (307)
Snack: Handful of nuts (140)
Lunch: Chicken breast, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweet potato (212)
Snack: air-popped popcorn w/ butter (255)
Dinner: 3 turkey meatballs, 2tbs marinara sauce, whole wheat toast (270)
Snack: Rice cakes (140), sugar-free instant coffee (60)

Calories: 1,518

Pint Sized Terror
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Yesterday was a bust. Today has started out that way, but I'm going to get a grip. I do NOT want to start out this month at the same weight I was LAST month. What a waste!!

Pink, I totally get what you mean! I had been doing so well! I lost 3lbs in 2 weeks, then yesterday at the grocery store I decided to get myself a "treat" but that turned into a cheat day, then that turned into me eating WAY too much bad stuff. Considering my diet December 1st, I REALLY need to do away with any form of "cheat" food. The foods I used to love and have issue with are no longer an issue. It's new foods that are becoming problem foods. It'll never end, will it? :(

But anyway, I'm going to get back on track. First and foremost I need to drink more water. That's the one thing I let myself fall behind on, and I think it really contributed to the way I ate. I craved salty and creamy foods, which I always do when I'm dehydrated. Today is all about focusing on water intake and low-sodium foods.

Good luck everyone!

Edit... I *almost* cheated AGAIN. I say *almost* because I was going to eat one single chip, and that single chip STABBED me in the sensitive skin on the "floor" of my mouth below my tongue when I bit on it. It's freaking bleeding and swelling and hurts so bad it's making my eyes water. D: That'll teach me I guess.

roxannestags
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Shells: I made several kinds of chocolate chip, Regular, peanut butter chocolate chip and mint dark chocolate chip. I ate a big breakfast yesterday and I found something interesting. Usually during the day, I have points where my mind goes fuzzy. I can't think, I can't concentrate. I didn't have that yesterday so I am eating breakfast again today and checking to see if it makes a difference. I am so sorry that the littles are sick again. That just bites. I totally understand on the hormone thing.

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low and thanks for the kick about eating. My eating hasn't been real great and it gave me enough motivation to get back on track for eating even if I am not getting back on track for exercise yet.

Lindsey: Wow, you are amazing me with your weight loss!! That haircut looks wonderful. Post pics when you are done?

Kris: Glad to see you again, was wondering how you were the other day!

Cinci: Congrats on the workout! That is awesome

Lauren: Woot!! Good to see you!

Nicole: Congrats on the loss! Good to see you, hope life calms down for you a tad?

Ekicna: Welcome!

Pink: I am totally with you. I thought yesterday that I could have a cookie....I ate 4. I have to stay away from the stuff as well! Don't beat yourself up about one really bad day. We all have them. Just get up with the realization that its a new day and you can do better. You know that you can do since you have done it so you know you can do it again. We are all human...we all make mistakes or fall off the wagon. It is like an addiction and some days...it gets the better of us but we can turn around and do better the next day. Hugs, it will be better today.

So today's plan:
B: 2 eggs, 2 green onions, 1 roll, 1 T margarine, 1/4 c low fat cheese

L: Not sure but thinking of going out.

D: If I go out, I won't eat dinner, when I eat breakfast and lunch, I am not hungry for dinner.

Calorie range for today 1600 to 1700

Exercise: sigh, I have 8!!! chapters left to do before tomorrow and each chapter is taking me anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. I won't be getting in any exercise this week. Even if I do go out for lunch, my books are coming with me

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost: :yay:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Goal One Ticker:
Goal One Ticker:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wubuaqv/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wubuaqv/)

End Goal Ticker

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wle4Xe3/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wle4Xe3/)

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 20100: 5 pounds lost

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Shells - Thanks, I really like it too! I hope it looks as cute as the pics do! ;) I think I might color it too. Right now I have it a dark blonde/light brown color w/ a few subtle brown highlights. But, I'm wanting something different. So I may try red! I love red! :D I'm thinking of just doing the Natural Instincts because it washes out in 28 days that way if it's like too red or I miss my current color it won't be permanent color. I used to use that stuff because it was gentle on my hair. Anyways, get your hair cut! Treat yourself, so you have something to look forward to! ;)

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Roxanne - I am? Thank you!! :D I wish I could bust 155.2 or under so I could say I've lost 20 pounds! ;) I will post pics when I get it cut! :)

shellsbrood
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Pint--Ouch!! I'm sorry you're in pain. :( It sounds like your body was trying to keep you from eating that chip, though! Hope it heals quickly. :hug:

Roxan--Those cookies sound deeeelish! I probably would have eaten a bunch too. I've definitely heard that eating breakfast will help with your concentration. I know they really stress it for children who are going to school specifically for that purpose. Let me know how it goes. :)

Lindsey--Oooooh, red!! LOVE it!! I'm horrible to my hair. I've bleached it (and my hair is almost black) and then dyed it...to dye over it again later. :o I've been giving my hair a break for the last year, so it's my normal color. I have a box of "Lusty Lavender" sitting in my bathroom, calling my name...but I've resisted...so far. :D

Wow, I tallied up my sodium intake for yesterday and it was around 3,000mg!!!! :fr: I so can't do that again!! The place I log my calories has a sodium tracker too, so I've added that to my chart. Hopefully, I can keep a better eye on that.

Ok, Leslie is calling me. I really do like this new DVD. It might have become my favorite so far. I'll bbl! :running:

L R K
12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Demona - Your day looks good, keep it up! :D

LittleL - It was de-lici-ous! Possibly my fave breakfast :drool:

nicole - Great to see you back!!!!! :hug: And great job getting past your goal! :yay:

Ekicna - Hi and Welcome to the thread :welcome2:

Pink - Don't stress out about 1 bad day, just get right back up on that horse!

stein - It can be hard to get in all your cals every day, just do what you can and make sure the cals you are getting are the best food choices.

Diana - Thanks :hug: I did sleep better last night.

shells - Thanks :hug: Food Inc. is sad but mostly it is very eye opening.

Pint - Fate eh ... someone really didn't want you to eat that chip!

roxanne - I hope your studying goes by quickly! Good luck!

L R K
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Here is my plan for the day Thurs 12/2/2010

B - 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter + 1 choc.soy pudding + small banana

S - V8 Vegetable Juice

L - Sandwich - 2 slices whole wheat bread, grilled mock-chicken, soy cheese, mixed greens and veganaise + 1 apple

S - Handful of organic tortilla chips w/ organic hot salsa

D - Going out tonight, not sure where yet

Vixsin
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Girls!!!! :grouphug:

Today's word is WHOOSH! I am down 2 lbs from yesterday. Woo hoo It will prolly bounce up tomorrow but who cares! Today I am down 2!!! :dancer:

Linds: I would LURVE a holiday challenge! What are you thinking? I vote staying away from the evil temptations. Can't wait to see the new hair do!

Lauren: :hug: I'm sorry about those horrible dreams. I hope your sleep is better tonite!!

Roxanne: Anytime, girl! :hug: Someone had to kick me in the a$$ too when it came to this crazy weight loss thing. Thinking about it like I mentioned is what helps me stick to it. As long as I can stay in control of my eating, I know things are going in the right direction. You will too! I'm proud of you for sticking with everything through the challenges you've faced. You're doing a GREAT job!!!! I mean that from the heart. :hug:

:wave: to anyone I missed. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Ekicna
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement ladies! So far today I have had 1 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1 cup of fat free milk. I keep track of my food intake on My Fitness Pal. My name on there is CTK3989.

Wysteria
12-02-2010, 02:08 PM
*skids in - literally this time*

Honestly. What the heck? We've got awful snow here and the gym is closed so I've been going quietly insane not being able to exercise. I don't consider trudging around in said snow in my heavy hiking boots EXERCISE. That falls under the banner of 'torture'.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast (when I remembered): Porridge with a spoon of sugar. Nom!
Lunch: Baked panko-coated chicken with steamed broccoli, sweetcorn and chilli jam. Panko is a kind of breadcrumb, for those of you that are unaware.
Snack: Small bowl of chocolate sauce >.> OH COME ON, IT'S MINUS THREE OUTSIDE!
Dinner: Not sure what I'm going to have. Probably wheat free pasta with sauce as it's quick and that's all that there is.

Ridiculous weather is ridiculous. Here's proof - this is my street at 9am this morning:
http://i55.tinypic.com/29xfz8w.jpg

cincimini
12-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I was looking for my 'accountability' post I made earlier...and found it in the weigh-in thread :lol:. DUH!

Well, well...this is going to be interesting. I've just found out that I'm starting my "interim" job on Monday. I am still looking for something permanent, but for the meantime I need something to DO or else I'm going mental. So - while I'm excited about this opportunity (and the fact that I'll be making a bit of money!), I am nervous about how I am going to keep my weight-loss going.
The food won't be a big issue. In fact, being away from home (and the kitchen) will make it easier not to snack. But I am wondering what to do about my workouts. I start work at 7:30am and my gym doesn't open until 8:30, so there's no way to go before work (aside from the fact that, realistically, I'd never get up early enough for that anyway). I love getting my workouts done in the morning (I HATE showering twice a day!) and I'm just worried now that I won't get my butt around to do it AFTER work or that I'll start having all sorts of excuses for not going. So...please kick me in the butt if I start to skip :lol:.

Other than that - having a decent day today so far:
B - 2 small slices of bread with honey/nutella, coffee with milk
S - Latte during the job interview
L - Noodles scrambled with 1 egg and 2 tbsp apple sauce

For the sake of accountability, here is the rest of my food intake:
S - Latte, 1 Mon Cheri, 1 piece of candy from my advent calendar (they are bite-sized, so... *blush*)
D - Stir-fry with tofu, yellow pepper, onion and snap peas, orange for dessert

PS:
Wysteria - Nice picture. I'm a sucker for snow though :lol:

Vixsin - Congrats on the 2lbs!

Lauren - Hope you have a nice dinner out! Tortilla chips - YUM! I miss them :-(

roxanne - It's very possible not eating breakfast is giving you 'fuzzy' moments. That's why it's so important for kids to eat a good breakfast before school!

Pint - :hug:

Pinkstar104
12-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone :wave: hope you're all having a great day!

Lindsey & Shells- Thanks guys! I can count on you all to make good of bad times. At least I can do my best from this point on, because I learned from the binge yesterday. It is not worth it at all.

Pint- It is tough. I defiantly can relate. I think its best to eliminate all the trigger food. No doubts about it. We had a rough day yesterday but luckily we are on plan today and have the whole month ahead of us to improve and lose. I must say Yikes! The chip fights back! That sounds painful. Hope your mouth is recovering well. Now you have a reason to fear and stay clear of chips though!

Wysteria- wow! Looks like plenty of snow there! I know how you feel though. It isn't even like that here, but It is so cold which makes it hard for me to get motivation to exercise.

Pinkstar104
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Vixsin- Yay for the 2lb loss that's awesome! :D

I weighed myself today.Went from 125.6 to 127.0 I gained 1.1 lbs:( I am not happy about that but I must move on and just eat 100% healthy this week while staying at 1200 calories a day. No more mess-ups!! That 1.1lb should be gone by my next weigh-in which is next Thursday 12/9. I made up a plan/guide per meal on how much cals to have. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner are 300 each then I can have two 150 calorie snacks in between which really works for me so I am happy I found a plan I can stick to now :D
But I have to say my cravings are out of control today..when I binge really badly (like yesterday) I am like in withdrawal the next day and that is always the hardest to get through. I made it though so I am feeling good about that. Now I can make it through all month!

Ok now my check-in for 12/2 Thursday:

Exercise
~walked 1 hour.

Breakfast (292)
1/2 cup rolled oats 150
1/2 cup blue berries 35
3/4 cup nonfat milk 70
1/4 cup fat free yogurt 28
1 tsp wheat germ 9

Lunch (330)
whole wheat wrap 100
6 slices Cajun chicken 50
laughing cow cheese wedge 35
scallions + spinach 10
1/3 cup green beans 15
apple 120

Snack (150)
1/2 apple 50
1 tbs natural PB 100

Dinner (313)
1/2 sweet potato 110
omelette 115
1/2 tsp smart balance 13
1 tsp ketchup + 1 tsp salsa 10
1/3 cup green beans 15
1/2 apple 50

Snack (138)
1/4 cup fat free yogurt 28
1/2 cup apple sauce 50
1/2 cup blueberries 35
1 tbs oats 20
cinnamon 5
~~~~~~~~~~
Total = 1223
~~~~~~~~~~

L R K
12-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Vixsin - 2lbs down! Yay! :yay:

Wysteria - So nice to see you back with us! :hug: Crazy snow, that's how it looked for us here in Toronto too. Actually I think you guys have more snow there.

cincim - Thanks, i'll enjoy not cooking tonight, soooo tired :tired:

Pink - Awww hang in there hun :hug:

Demona
12-02-2010, 04:30 PM
2 DecemberBreadfast 1 medium plum
Morning Snack 3 pieces of chocolate (I was upset, and I sought comfort food....I'm not proud, but at least I stopped after three small peices.)
Lunch 2 servings Nissin Noodles.
Afternoon Snack .25% of a serving of David pumpkin seeds
Dinner (planned) 1 serving of homemade chili with 1 cup mac-n-cheese and 1/2 cup steamed white rice.

Today's Fitness: 45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill & 30 minutes of lifting weights with free weights.

Planned Fitness for after dinner 30 minutes of cardio on treadmill and 45 minutes of a core training workout.

Wysteria
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Lauren - I wouldn't mind the snow so much if the council actually DID something about it. That hill is steeper than it looks and it's lethal for cars. Just out of shot of the picture was a small army of 4x4's, stationed either side of the crest of the hill to assist those that couldn't make it. Like that little car in the picture - she couldn't get over the top and by the time I'd hiked up there she was being hitched up to a Land Rover :3

Screw this weather.

*bed*

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Lindsey--Oooooh, red!! LOVE it!! I'm horrible to my hair. I've bleached it (and my hair is almost black) and then dyed it...to dye over it again later. :o I've been giving my hair a break for the last year, so it's my normal color. I have a box of "Lusty Lavender" sitting in my bathroom, calling my name...but I've resisted...so far. :D

I'm horrible to my hair too. This year I've had it brown, then darker brown..then bleached it, then made it dark blonde, then lighter blonde, then darker...and so on...lol. My poor hair! I just get bored with it I guess. :dizzy:

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Lauren - I think I'm going to try that maple syrup and oatmeal tomorrow for breakfast! :drool:

Vixsin - Dang girl, another 2 pounds?! Awesome! :D I'm thinking avoiding tempting foods too for a challenge! Like no Christmas cookies and candy or something..?

Pink - Glad we could help! :hug:

shellsbrood
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Quickly posting my info for the night!

Exercise: 50 mn w/ LS

Breakfast: egg white omlette (shaved ham, light cheese, spinach), coffee (204)
Snack: handful of cranberries, soynuts (140)
Lunch: Lemon chicken (340)
Snack: Yogurt, 1 sq chocolate (120)
Dinner: Smart One lasagna, mixed salad (383)
Dessert: 1 German cookie, two marshmallows (80)

Calories: 1,419

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok, here's what I ate today...I still gotta go grocery shopping! Not many options.. :(

B- oatmeal w/milk, banana 290
L- PB & J on whole wheat bread 250
S- 6 oz. hot apple cider w/cool whip 110
D- SO alfredo w/chicken, salad 390
S- Stole a few of hubby's doritos :o 100

I finished my 8 page paper today..I started this morning! :D I just submitted it! I'm nearing the end of my classes...a few more assignments and 3 finals and that's IT until January 4! ;) Hope everyone had a great, OP day! :hug:

30DS is hurting my knees, like when I do squats and stuff it feels like my knee is going to "pop"...I've actually heard and felt a "snap" in my knees before! :o Any suggestions for low-impact workouts? I have shin splints too, so lots of jumping hurts and apparently something is up with my knees when I bend it doesn't feel right. :(

Pint Sized Terror
12-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Went off plan, but I stopped it and stayed within my calorie budget! I had 1435 calories today.

I've been drinking Coke Zero, and I'm going to have to stop. It's not helping anything, and has started replacing my water intake! :o I had stopped before, but started up again when I had some at a friend's house. Bleh.

I can't wait until morning!! I'm going to have my Chai oatmeal and 2 egg whites. I'm craving that SO BADLY right now!!

steinanwine
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
LaurenA - definitely using my calories toward healthy foods like beans, veggies, chicken etc. I am not trying to starve myself or eat a lot less calories, I am just counting so strictly that I end up under calorie. I don't feel hungry either!

Another good day!
B: Activia - 70 c
3/4 cheerios - 110 c
Sandwich thin, 2 tsp ICBINB lite - 130 c

L:
Annie Chung's Miso soup - 100 c
Mini bagel - 110 c
Veggie Chips - 130 c

D:
2 black bean/chick pea veggie burgers - 129 cal each
Sandwich thin - 110 c
1/5 Avocado - 65 c

Total: 1083 calories, allowed to eat 1440 today.

Will probably have a healthy snack later. I cannot wait to start seeing weight loss!! I hope everyone else had an awesome day!! and tomorrow is FRIDAY!

shellsbrood
12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Lindsey--You are just tearing it up on the homework front!! Way to go! :carrot: Honestly, I love Leslie for the low impact stuff. And, she also gives you the option to boost it to high impact, but she stresses that you don't need to do that for the fat burn and that the low impact stuff works just as well.

Pint--Every time I hear you mention the Chai oatmeal I :drool:

Vixsin--Yay!! 2lbs down!! :carrot:

Diana3271
12-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Lindsey I'm with Shells, Leslie is great for low impact. She chats a lot though. Some people can't handle that. She doesn't bother me though. I know she has some new ones out. You might want to take a look at those. This is one of my favorite Leslie walks http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-walk-your-belly-flat-3-mile-walk-5702 Do you like kickboxing?

Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
Mustard 0 Calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
Roast beef 300 calories
2 orders turnip greens 200 calories
Broccoli 100 calories
Green beans 100 calories
1 Dove Promise Peppermint Bark 50 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo II Advanced 1 workout
Tae Bo II Advanced 2 workout
Tae Bo II Advanced 8 minute workout.

Pint Sized Terror
12-02-2010, 10:59 PM
My ugly sweater dress is done!! I tried really hard to make it gaudy, but... I kinda like how it looks! LOL Maybe I just have really bad taste! :D

I'm a little freaked out because it was a bit difficult to zip. I'm hoping hoping hoping it's just the bloaties. :o If not, Imma wear a corset underneath and pray. :lol3:

LindseyLou
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Shells - Ok, I'm DEFINITELY checking her videos out! I really like Jillian, but it's too much on my knees and other joints. :^: Thanks for the info! I probably asked you this, but what are a couple of your fav Leslie videos? Yeah, I'm so anxious to be DONE, I'm trying to get all my homework done! ;)

Diana - Awesome, I added some of her videos to Netflix. :) I DO like kickboxing...any suggestions for workouts? ;)

Pint - Let us know how the dress goes, post pics! :)

Diana3271
12-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay: :dance:

Lauren Enjoy the last day of the work week! :high:

Lindsey Does Netflix have Turbo Jam? How about Tae Bo? Tae Bo and Billy Blanks is another love it/hate it workout. I don't mind Billy because I can get a really good cardio workout. Some people don't like him because of the constant talking and counting. I really like kickboxing because it's really a complete workout. Kicking is a lower body/ab/core workout. Punching is an upper body/ab/core workout. It's also a cardio workout. It does it all. Of course my favorite workout is Turbo Fire. It's kickboxing inspired.

shellsbrood
12-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Pint--Great job on the sweater dress! Are you going to post pics of it?

Lindsey--My favorite so far is the new one: "5 Day Slim Down". Before that, I liked sticking with "Walk Slim: 4 Fast Miles". In that last one, she claims that you easily burn a meal off with that work out. Also, in that one, there's a "music only" option that mutes Leslie's voice only. Which can be a bonus, because she's extra hyper in that one.

Diana--I have a few Tae Bo workouts that I like too. I don't mind the chatting. It gives me something to concentrate on. And Billy always seems so encouraging. I sometimes need someone saying "You can do this! You're doing a great job!!". I'm needy like that. :D

Things I'm going to work on this December:

1) Water, water, water!! (I'm awful with that. I drink maybe one glass a day :^: )
2) Watching my sodium
3) Being happy with myself at whatever stage I'm at. Often, I find myself upset that I'm still in the 200s, despite having lost almost 40lbs in 3 months. I want to be skinny. I want to be at a healthy weight. Which are all good goals, but I need to work on being proud of how far I've come and celebrate being me at any weight. It's hard to do...I admit it. :o

steinanwine
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
TGIF!

Shells - I'm feeling the same as you- water and sodium! I never drink water and I'm a salt freak. I have to change that! And keep your positivity up, you've done an incredible job with your weight loss and it won't stop! :)

LindseyLou
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay: :dance:

Lindsey Does Netflix have Turbo Jam? How about Tae Bo? Tae Bo and Billy Blanks is another love it/hate it workout. I don't mind Billy because I can get a really good cardio workout. Some people don't like him because of the constant talking and counting. I really like kickboxing because it's really a complete workout. Kicking is a lower body/ab/core workout. Punching is an upper body/ab/core workout. It's also a cardio workout. It does it all. Of course my favorite workout is Turbo Fire. It's kickboxing inspired.

I'll check those out Diana! Thanks! :) They sounds fun actually! ;)

TGIF!!! :cb:

LindseyLou
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Lindsey--My favorite so far is the new one: "5 Day Slim Down". Before that, I liked sticking with "Walk Slim: 4 Fast Miles". In that last one, she claims that you easily burn a meal off with that work out. Also, in that one, there's a "music only" option that mutes Leslie's voice only. Which can be a bonus, because she's extra hyper in that one.

Things I'm going to work on this December:

1) Water, water, water!! (I'm awful with that. I drink maybe one glass a day :^: )
2) Watching my sodium
3) Being happy with myself at whatever stage I'm at. Often, I find myself upset that I'm still in the 200s, despite having lost almost 40lbs in 3 months. I want to be skinny. I want to be at a healthy weight. Which are all good goals, but I need to work on being proud of how far I've come and celebrate being me at any weight. It's hard to do...I admit it. :o

Ok, I've got both of those in my queue! :D Thanks! I love your goals for December by the way, I need to also do all 3 of those things! ;)

WebWoman
12-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Pinkstar - sorry for your bad day, but we all have them and have to forgive ourselves. What's nice is that every day we wake up, we have a new chance to get back on that horse.

I'm new to this group, and find the posts and encouragement great. Although I'm not on a specified wl plan, I know what I should be eating and what is junk food, and also know about portions, having tried WW years ago. I'm doing fine so far, but have a real problem with evening cravings, and find myself eating snacks from the pantry in front of the TV. I need to make myself a rule to not eat anything while watching TV and that might help.
Good Luck all.

Diana3271
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
WebWoman Hi and Welcome! :wave:

LindseyLou
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Web - HI! :D

L R K
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Demona - Great job getting in all that exercise!

Wysteria - Crazy, I guess it's not normal for you guys to get that much snow - no one is prepared. Here as soon as there is even the tiniest amount of snow the salt is out and the snow is being cleared. We've been luck this year so far, not much snow at all so far. Probably get hit bad in Jan and Feb.

LittleL - The end of the week is the same for me, running out of food!

Pint - Great job recognizing yourself slipping off plan! You did really well, coming out of that within your cal. range. Awesome.

stein - When will be your 1st weigh in?? Your days look good so I know you'll see a drop!

Shells, Diana - Hi Girls! :wave:

WebWoman - Hi and Welcome to the thread! :welcome2:

L R K
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm a little freaked out because it was a bit difficult to zip. I'm hoping hoping hoping it's just the bloaties. :o If not, Imma wear a corset underneath and pray. :lol3:

:rofl:

roxannestags
12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm with you shells and stein. I hate having to go pee so am constantly half dehydrated. I also don't like water much. What I have been doing that helps is getting those flavor packets and putting half or quarter of one in a bottle of water and that helps.

Welcome to the party Web

Well, finished all my homework last night. But did not get to study for the test today. Most of it isn't a big deal but I do have to study the bones and muscles of the head. However, at the moment, I didn't get to bed until 2:30 and woke up with a huge headache that is the result of no sleep. So am going to try and get a few hours of sleep.

By the way, two days of breakfast, two days of no fuzzy thinking. This morning is plums for breakfast because i am actually hungry. I'm going to just eat those and then get something a little more to eat when I wake up because as soon as the kids leave I am going back to bed!

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost: :yay:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Goal One Ticker:
Goal One Ticker:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wubuaqv/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wubuaqv/)

End Goal Ticker

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wle4Xe3/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wle4Xe3/)

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 20100: 5 pounds lost

L R K
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
TGIF!!!!! :dance:

Any big plans for the weekend girls??

I have a dinner to go to tonight, then tomorrow a doctors appointment and house cleaning, Sat night going to see Harry Potter!!! And then Sun will be grocery shopping and another dinner.

So going to be another busy weekend for me!

Only 19days till I leave for Australia!!!!! :dance:

Here is my plan for the day Fri 12/3/2010

B - 1 WW whole wheat bagel w/ vegemite and soy cheese + small banana

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus

L - Veggie sandwich on multigrain bread + side salad and maybe a handful of fries

S - Apple

D - Not sure, going to a friends place for dinner so i'm not sure what we'll be eating

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend :wave:

L R K
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
roxanne - glad to see that the breakfasts are helping :) I hope you have a good uninterupted nap.

KaylaChristine
12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I've only had breakfast and my first snack so far, but this is my plan for today.

B - 1 package mini muffins (210 calories)

S - 20 pistachios (approx. 80 calories)

L - Cereal + milk (approx. 300 calories)

S - 20 pistachios (approx. 80 calories)

D - Not sure yet. I will have 670 calories remaining (putting myself on 1200 a day). Need to get to the store! I'm thinking a chicken wrap + an apple!

Off topic: LaurenA -- the dog in your avatar is too adorable!

L R K
12-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Kayla - Hi and Welcome to the thread :welcome2:

And thanks, that is my Kammi - she's my little furbaby :D

Wysteria
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Snow is still present. I don't care how much it costs, I'm getting a 4x4 so I can at least go further than my local town in weather like this -.-

Amusing thing of the day: watching some guy back out of his driveway onto the hill then entirely fail to get any traction and slide all the way to the bottom - backwards. Oh how I lol'd.

But you guys don't need to hear that! Food and exercise!

Exercise was another hike into town to run some errands for my grandma. That was a good two and a half mile walk by the time I was done, carrying a heavy backpack full of shopping and medication, so I don't feel so bad about not going into the gym.

Food:
Brunch (yes I forgot about breakfast - again): McDonalds. Yeah. I'm naughty but I really, really wanted some fries. So I had medium fries with BBQ sauce. Can't have burgers because of the buns, so that's one good thing. And a cup of black coffee, no sugar.
Other food: Two wheat-free crumpets (yech, not as nice as the real ones) with a scraping of butter and jam.
Drinks: Two cups of tea and a glass of water.
Dinner will be: Looks like steak and onions at the moment :) This is a Good Thing.

Oh well, back to staring at the snow. I drew a smiley face in it on the back of my mum's car and she wasn't happy, haha.

Ekicna
12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
My Fitness Pal Food Diary: CTK3989

I need help. I eat when I'm bored. I have 2 children so I have to make dinner for them but I have certain meals I'm supposed to eat. I figured as long as I watched my portions and counted my calories, I could eat what they were having. Technically, that is true, but... I have no self-control. I should have stopped after 2 chicken drumsticks but once the kids were in bed, I was bored while doing homework so I decided to eat 2 more! I knew I should have put the food in the fridge but instead I ate it. The price to pay is that I have gained 1lb from yesterday. I weight 0.6 more than I did when I started this journey. Please help me! Any tips anyone has would be great.

MamaP
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
(For those on the daily weigh-in thread, sorry for the duplicate post)
I thought I was ready to be back but I guess not so much. I've really been way off plan these past few weeks. Crazy I know. Struggle, struggle, struggle . . . gets old. Life is pretty crazy right now. Without going into details, I would really appreciate prayers for myself and my family.

Today is my grandson's second birthday. We (me, my daughter and the boys) went out for a Birthday Breakfast this morning. It was awesome to get to be with him on his birthday - we put a number 2 candle on his french toast. It was cute - he would blow it out and then say "again." We are planning a party for him once my son-in-law gets into town, so today I only gave him one of his presents (an adorable book called "I love you through and through"). Having them with me right now has been amazing.

My daughter and the kids left this morning after breakfast and will be out of town until Sunday or Monday. I'm hoping to get myself back on track while they are gone and get some good healthy meals planned. We have been on the go pretty much non-stop and I've fallen back into old habits (unfortunately, I'm still a stress/boredom/depression eater at heart). I have a lot of work to do around my house too.

Congrats to all those doing well . . . I hope to rejoin the "doing well ranks" soon.

shellsbrood
12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Mmmmm...I just made the most delicious vegan peanut butter and banana cookies!! I'm trying to slowly transition my family off of meat/dairy and I figure I can bribe them with cookies. ;) I have two friends who are vegan and they secretly pass me recipes. As I'm counting calories too, I cut out a third of the sugar and used whole wheat flour to make it healthier. They're about 100 calories a cookie and MmmMmm good! Now, to try the oatmeal raisin recipe they sent. :carrot:

Ekicna--When I get like that in the evening, I'll make myself a cup of tea/sugar free hot chocolate. Or, if I feel I need to chew on something, a piece of sugar free gum. Could something like that work? If you're actually hungry, then you could choose something a little healthier. I like baby carrots and hummus. Or, air popped popcorn sprinkled with splenda and cinnamon.

Well, I have a date with Leslie! Bbl! :D

shellsbrood
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
MamaP--I will be praying for you and your family. Hang in there. :hug:

Pint Sized Terror
12-03-2010, 01:13 PM
It's just after noon, but already I've had 1114 calories. I don't regret it either, LOL. I woke up starving. I still had planned stuff, I just ate most of my calories in the morning. My hunger is generally very very low for the rest of the day on mornings like this.

For breakfast I had oatmeal and a scrambled egg (not just the whites!).

I *did* indulge in some hot chocolate when it was offered to me as I was standing in the 32 degree weather with my son before the school opened it's doors. It was in a 12 oz cup, but my son drank more than half. I still logged it as 10 oz though, just to be safe. It didn't taste the greatest, but BOY did it make me feel better! We're used to it being in the 70's! (Last week it was in the 70's here!)

I had a Boca Burger (soy) with a slice of reduced fat cheddar, mayo and sweet chili sauce. The sweet chili sauce is my best friend! It is SO delicious and has only 15 calories per teaspoon, which is more than enough for a burger. I also use it as a veggie dip. :)

I weighed 152.6 on the scales this morning. :( Oh well, just gotta keep pluggin' away!

Dinner is going to be light for me tonight. A nice, big salad should do it. Thankfully I don't care for dressing, 2 tablespoons is usually too much, even for a large salad.

And yes, I'll be sure to post pics of the dress!

Ekicna
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Ekicna--When I get like that in the evening, I'll make myself a cup of tea/sugar free hot chocolate. Or, if I feel I need to chew on something, a piece of sugar free gum. Could something like that work? If you're actually hungry, then you could choose something a little healthier. I like baby carrots and hummus. Or, air popped popcorn sprinkled with splenda and cinnamon.

Thanks! I'm fine in the morning but by the time lunch rolls around I want to snack on everything in sight. I am going to try to have a little more self control and when I want to eat something at an inappropriate time, I will have a drink of water instead.

LindseyLou
12-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, here's the plan for today...
B- Oatmeal 100 w/maple syrup 50 , banana 110 (260)
S- doritos :o 100
L- PB & J on whole wheat 250, applesauce 80 (330)
S- 4 oz. hot apple cider w/ cool whip 90
D- chicken caesar salad 400, 1/2 dinner roll 80 (480)
S- cashews :drool: 150, chocolate 100 (250)
30 mins walking

AND grocery shopping tonight, so I'll have more options.. ;)

cincimini
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone!
Wow, lots of stuff going on in here.
Pint - I can't wait to see pics of that sweater dress. I love ugly sweater parties!!!

Sorry, cutting it short tonight b/c I'm dead tired - and starving! Went Xmas shopping today and to the Christmas Market, but I stayed away from the Gluehwein (hot spiced wine) and all the fast food. Here's what I had today:

B - 2 slices crisp bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
L - (at an Italian restaurant) Pasta with roma tomatoes and rucola. I ordered whole wheat, ate out all the tomato and only half the pasta and didn't put any cheese on - that was the best I could do and I'm sure it was better than the alternative (pizza), Latte for dessert
S - Coffee with milk, 1 Lebkuchen
D - yogurt and fruit

No workout today, but we walked from 11am to 6pm so that has to count for SOMETHING, right? RIGHT????? :lol:

L R K
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
SHELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

If you need any vegan recipe ideas let me know!!!!! Yay! :yay:

Pinkstar104
12-03-2010, 06:44 PM
TGIF :yay:Everyone! I'm so glad:carrot: the weekend is here!

Diana- Hi! :wave:
roxanne- That's great to hear you are eating breakfast more! Breakfast is so important, so you are doing your body a HUGE favour! I hope you are able to get some rest, you don't want to run your self down especially with all the work you are doing.

Lauren- Lucky! I love Harry Potter and want to see the new movie! I am going to go with friends next weekend to see it. Can't wait the series is so good! Enjoy it! :)
By the way I agree with Kayla your dog is cute! What kind is she?

Wysteria- I myself am a fan of snow. I like it as long as the roads are pretty clear (I am terrified to drive in bad weather). Anyway, great job on the exercise that is a good workout & a big help! :)

Ekicna- Hi! I can relate to you completely! I really have a huge eating-when- bored problem! I defiantly think drinking a lot of water helps. I still struggle with this but it has gotten better lately.I have managed to find ways that helped me that might help you as well. Drink Coffee, I drink mine completely black. I know a lot of people don't like it that way but It suppressed my appetite when I am bored or craving everything. Or the best thing to do it to find something that keeps you busy, I read or paint my nails because it takes time, and concentration. I hope it helps a little!

MamaP- I am sorry you are struggling its tough to get back on plan. But believe in yourself and it can and will happen! I wish you luck! I am also happy you had a great time with your family for your son's B-day!

shells- Ooh! Those cookies sound delish!:drool: I am a huge banana peanut butter fan!

Pint- I'm not very used to the cold weather so I am feeling the same way. I am the same way you are with the chili sauce but with me its teriyaki sauce I eat that stuff on everything! Its only 10 calories a tbs! I especially love it on salads! I know I am seriously addicted to the stuff!

cincimini- Wow that's a lot of walking! Great job.

Lindsey- Hi! :)

Pinkstar104
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Check-in for 12/3 Friday:
Exercise:
~Walked 70 minutes.

Breakfast (295)
Healthy banana muffin 150
1 tbs natural PB 100
1.2 cup blueberries + 1 tbs fat free greek yogurt 45

Lunch (315)
ww bagel thin 110
6 slices Cajun chicken 50
lettuce 10
RF cheese stick 70
1/2 apple 60
1/3 cup green beans

Snack (150)
1/2 slice German dark wheat bread 50
1 tbs natural PB 100

Dinner (300)
1/2 cup pinto beans 120
1/4 cup whole grain spaghetti 55
1 oz salsa 10
salad + 1 tbs teriyaki sauce 40
1/3 cup green beans 15
1/2 apple 60

Snack (140)
apple 120
2 almonds 20
~~~~~~~~
Total= 1200
~~~~~~~~

steinanwine
12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Okay! My first Friday counting calories meaning my first weekend! I usually go out to eat/go to the bars! Not this weekend! I have enough calories that I could have a lite beer at the bar with my BF just so we can get out of our stupid apartment. I'm not sure what other people think of drinking on plan on this forum. I certainly wont over indulge because I am counting those cals!!

B:
Activia - 70 cals
3/4 Cheerios - 110 cals

L:
Subway Veggie Delight on Flatbread, no mayo - 230 cals
Baked BBQ chips - 140 cals

D:
Cream Cheese and Cucumber Wrap - 200 cals
Veggie burger - 129 cals
2 Tbs Light sour cream - 40 cals
Black Beans - 90 cals

Total: 1009 Cals, Allowed 1440

Kinda sucks not being able to go out to eat but I'll save money and I have eaten out enough in my life, I think I can live without it sometimes :)

Hope everyone had an awesome OP Friday and has an even better OP weekend!

Diana3271
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM

steinanwine I eat out every day. You just have to really watch what you get. Most menu items are very high in calories. Try to look up the nutritional information for your favorite restaurants and plan ahead. Make it work for you rather than against you.

Kris I'm keeping you and your family in my Prayers. :hug:

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
Mustard 0 Calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Bread w/butter 100 calories
Grilled Chicken 400 calories
Asparagus 100 calories
Spinach 100 calories

Exercise:
~TF HIIT 15
~TF Fire 45EZ

Pint Sized Terror
12-03-2010, 08:55 PM
My nerves are shot, which means the binge b***h is back, full-force. :(

After another early morning call from creditors wanting money for a medical bill from the car accident, I went ahead and paid it even though it really REALLY put us in a tight spot financially. The other driver's insurance (Hertz rental cars) has already paid my kid's bills, but not mine since I'm still being treated. That means alllllll my hospital bills are either turned into collection or paid by me. We're talking approximately $1000 in medical bills from the ER alone. :( I'm beside myself. I used the money I had saved up for my own place. It was either that, or let it go onto my credit report and muck it up. I have an MRI on my ankle scheduled for later this month, and Hertz is starting to sweat because of how long I'm being treated. If they find anything wrong with my ankle, I will be sent for a surgery consult. If they find nothing correctable by surgery, I'll be getting anti-inflammatory injections in my ankle regularly, for God only knows how long. :( After I told the Hertz guy that prior to the accident I was trying to get into shape, (I was at 145 and losing) that I was shooting for a career in law enforcement and this crap has put that on hold indefinitely, he told me I shouldn't worry about it. WELL F U MR. MAN!!! He's not the one who can't run, jog, jump, dance or even WALK for an extended period!! See the shoes in my avatar?? It's an old pic from before the accident. They were my first "indulgence" because I hit 145. Now they're in my closet gathering dust. Can't even stand up in them. GAH!

I also found out that the Christmas party dinner will be a buffet. I totally wasn't sweating the party, because usually they serve dried-out chicken breast, a carb, and soggy veggies. Noooot this time. This time they're having an "ALL THE FAVORITES" buffet. The lady I talked to said they're having, "Cakes, steaks and all the comfort food I can eat." Say a little prayer for me, 'cause I'm going to need it.

I went off plan majorly after dinner. I wasn't even hungry. At all. Now I feel overly-stuffed and disgusting. I wanna put my hair up in pin curls and curl up in bed myself. :(

LindseyLou
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Pink - Hey girl! :D How are ya?

Pint - :hug: I'm so sorry things are so rough!! I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Well we went grocery shopping so I have lots of yummies to eat now! :D Off to watch a movie with the hubster. :)

roxannestags
12-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Do you guys remember the dog that I found that I had to give to the pound? The one we paid the adoption fee for so that she would find a good home? Well, I finally called on her to find out if she had been adopted yet and she had been put to sleep!!!!!! They couldn't tell me why, said it wasn't in the records. I feel awful.

Roxanne

Vixsin
12-03-2010, 10:57 PM
I just hopped on for some good vibes and good reading before I went to bed.

Roxanne I do remember that dog. I am so sorry for what you found out tonight. :( :hug: I feel your pain. Stay strong through it. (I was always an emotional eater, for sure!)

We're here for ya. :hug:

Pint Sized Terror
12-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh Roxanne! I'm so sorry! I know how awful it feels. I worked at a shelter and took on this one awesome full-blooded border collie as my "mission" dog. I was unable to foster her because I lived in an apartment, but I paid her fees and even brought in her own food, since the shelter food gave her diarrhea. She was shy and skittish, but I worked her out of it and taught her some manners. She was a wonderful dog. I was trying to get her transferred to a rescue and was waiting on an email confirmation. I even made arrangements for her transportation when the confirmation came through. I came in one day and she wasn't there. I asked where she was and the manager said she'd been transferred. When I pressed for where, he admitted she'd been put down the night before. No reason other than she'd been there too long. They knew about the transfer. And they knew all her fees were paid, including her food. They weren't over-filled either. I was furious and spent a good half-hour crying in one of the back rooms. I quit not long after that. :( I try not to blame the shelters. They're doing what they can, but dammit, sometimes it's just not fair.

:hug:to you.

Imma go hug my doggies now as well. :(

roxannestags
12-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Lol, found an invigorating and fun exercise tonight. SO and I got some plastic nerf axes tonight. We decided to have a couple bouts of sparring. We sparred for about 15 minutes in the parking lot of WalMart and then 15 minutes when we got home. It was a lot of fun.

Roxanne

Ekicna
12-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks for all of the encouragement ladies!

Today, I did pretty well with my calorie intake. My food diary is on the site, My Fitness Pal. My username is CTK3989.
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1200 + 1259 - 500 759

Diana3271
12-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

LindseyLou
12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Roxanne - SO sad! :hug: My furbaby came from a rescue. She was used in a puppy mill and when they didn't want her anymore, they just dropped her off on the side of the road. Someone found her and she was taken to the rescue where we adopted her. It's so sad when people abandon dogs or they have to be put down. :( I can't imagine anyone treating my baby like that, she is SO sweet and has the cutest little face...hard to think of people treating her like s***! :cry:

Pint - :hug: That is so sad!!! I can't believe they did that!!!!!

LindseyLou
12-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Ok dokie ladies - I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! :D Personally, I'm not sure how awesome mine will be. I've got homework up the wazoo, cleaning and a ton of laundry to do! :dz: But, I'm going to try and fit in some awesome workouts this weekend. I NEED to hit 155.2 or less in the next few days, it's driving me crazy!!!!! :dizzy: I'm sooo close!

Here's my plan for today...
B- Fiber One cereal w/milk & banana 320
S- 1/3 c. dried cranberries 140
L- quesadilla (w/ monterey cheese, grilled chicken & baby spinach) 350
S- 1/2 c. V8 juice 50
D- pineapple chicken w/veggies & rice 380
S- 1/4 c. cashews 160
32g fiber, multivitamin, 64 oz water
Exercise
55 mins Jillian's No More Trouble Zones
~60 mins of cleaning like a crazy woman - that's gotta count for something, right? Mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping...pretty much constantly moving!

Diana3271
12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Lindsey I hear you on the laundry! I've been doing laundry and vacuuming all morning. It's amazing how dirty a house can get with 2 people and a dog. Don't even get me started on the dog hair. :o :dizzy:

steinanwine
12-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Lindsey - Whats your recipe for pineapple chicken? This sounds really good!!

Ended my day yesterday at 1009 calories of food. Went to the bar and had 2 Miller Lites, coming to 1201 calories for the day. Still under my daily allotment and have been every day this week. Since I am not doing carb counting I guess I can work a beer or two in on weekends as long as I haven't eaten up all my calories!

Not sure what I am doing today other than calorie counting, OF COURSE it's already snowing here in Chicago so that sort of ruins my plans for Christmas shopping and other errands.

Maybe I'll force myself to clean up and put up the Christmas tree.

HAPPY OP DAY! :)

Diana3271
12-04-2010, 11:41 AM
steinanwine Great job of staying within your calorie range yesterday.

Ekicna
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Have a great weekend, Everyone!!

Diana3271
12-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Ekicna I hope you have a great weekend, too. It looks like you are doing well with your calories. :)

Wysteria
12-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Does NOT feel like a Saturday today because I've had two Snow Days on the trot! And in my wisdom I decided that a hike to the gym then a half hour blast in the pool was a Good Plan. I am very sore right now.

Breakfast: Kallo Rice Puffs with semi skimmed milk.
Lunch: Glass of apple juice and a cheese and onion wrap. Forgive le stinky breath!
Dinner: Cauliflower cheese and a home made burger minus bun. Weird combination, I know, but very yummy!

cincimini
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Evening ladies!
Checking in with today's food intake:
B - whole grain roll with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
L - 150g cottage cheese - half of it with 10 grape tomatoes, the other half as a muesli with 1 tsp of jam, 3 tbsp of oats and a splash of milk
S - 3 Mon Cheri
D - WW leek-potato-mushroom dish, 50cl of white wine, orange for dessert

We had an...errr...interesting day today when the drainage pipe to the house decided to get clogged up. The whole drama ended with my dad up to his knees in ...well...yuck! while my mom and I had to run up and down the stairs flushing toilets and running water :lol:. I decided I NEVER want to own property!!!
Made a quick trip to the christmas market in the town next to us. It was in and around the castle - SOOOOOO romantic. Luckily I managed to ignore all the temptations of Gluehwein, rum punch and pizza.

I LOVE the christmas season! :love:

LindseyLou
12-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Lindsey I hear you on the laundry! I've been doing laundry and vacuuming all morning. It's amazing how dirty a house can get with 2 people and a dog. Don't even get me started on the dog hair. :o :dizzy:

Tell me about it! My dog is 14 pounds and there is SO much hair in just a week! But, all the cleaning paid off - the house is sparkling now! :carrot:

LindseyLou
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Lindsey - Whats your recipe for pineapple chicken? This sounds really good!!

Maybe I'll force myself to clean up and put up the Christmas tree.

HAPPY OP DAY! :)

It's a healthy choice frozen meal. ;) I'll let you know how it is though! Maybe like an orange chicken kinda dish? Have fun putting up your tree! :D

steinanwine
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
cincimini - oh my gosh, I LOVE Gluehwein. I studied in Germany for 4 months and love all German food and traditions. Kraut, wurst, spaetzle, schnitzel mmmmm .... not anymore! Well maybe I can still eat Sauerkraut!

We have Christkindl Markt in downtown Chicago the whole month of December and I am avoiding it to avoid the bier, wurst und gluehwein! Not to mention LEBKUCHEN! Gah!

Pint Sized Terror
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm getting ready to head out for the party. Here's a link to the thread with pics of my dress and makeup! Thanks everyone, for your kind words and help figuring things out!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/218849-gaudy-christmas-dress-1-a.html#post3594567

cincimini
12-04-2010, 03:52 PM
cincimini - oh my gosh, I LOVE Gluehwein. I studied in Germany for 4 months and love all German food and traditions. Kraut, wurst, spaetzle, schnitzel mmmmm .... not anymore! Well maybe I can still eat Sauerkraut!

We have Christkindl Markt in downtown Chicago the whole month of December and I am avoiding it to avoid the bier, wurst und gluehwein! Not to mention LEBKUCHEN! Gah!

OMG, Lebkuchen... YUMMY!!!! Seriously though, most German food is awful for you, so I'm glad I'm not a huge fan. Give me Asian any day! :lol:
I love Chicago in the winter time. When I lived in Cincinnati, we went Xmas shopping in Chicago every December - it's such an awesome city!

ETA: Pint - that dress is awesome!! *yay* And you look stunning! :hug:

steinanwine
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Cincimini - Unfortunately I LOVE German food and so does my boyfriend. We met in Germany and bond over all things German. I was even planning to do a German themed Christmas the day before I started counting my calories! That idea is totally out now hahaa. Are you originally from Germany?? I pretty much HATE Chicago in the winter time. I don't hate snow, I just hate living with it - driving, parking, trying to get to work, taking even longer to get home. UGH. Been living in the city since 2004 and I am sick of it! But I also hate the HOT summers so I'm never happy!! :D

Ekicna
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Ekicna I hope you have a great weekend, too. It looks like you are doing well with your calories. :)

Thank you!

shellsbrood
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Omgosh, Pint, you're STUNNING!! So pretty! :mrsclaus: I love the dress too. Great job!

Stein, Cini--Add me to the list of German food lovers. My mom is German and cooked a ton of German food while I was growing up...all full of flavor and full of fat. :D My favorite were the German breakfasts...all the thinly sliced, salty meat, the full fat cheese, the pretzel breads... :drool:

Cin--Eeeeewwww! Your poor dad!

Diana, Lyndsey--Ugh, I have laundry for six people...four of which are little children and are constantly dirtying up clothing (they change at least 2x a day). My poor washing machine is running constantly and I still have several laundry baskets full.

Lindsey--I KNOW you will reach 155.2, because you're amazing. :D

Roxan--I am so, so sorry about the dog. I would have cried my eyes out. :( They should have at least let you know first.

Lauren!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: I've been slowly trying to transition my family for the last six months or so. My dh is pretty resistant. He hates to cook though, and I as am the one who prepares all the meals...:D I introduced him to some "burgers" made from mushrooms the other day and he LOVED them. I think he can be won over. My kids are still little so they're much more pliable. They've been loving the vegan cookies. I used coconut oil in my cookies the other day and loved the way it made them turn out. I've been visiting Isa Chandra Moskowitz's website a lot. She's amazing! I'd love new recipes, so if you have any favorites, I'm all ears. I'll definitely pepper you with questions, so look out. :D

Today's Info:

Weight: Down a pound! (just .2 away from 40lbs lost!!!!!)
Exercise: Day off today

Breakfast: Forgot, so grabbed a couple of the vegan cookies and a coffee on my way out the door (425)
Snack: 1 serving cheez its (150)
Lunch: Sandwich (340)
Dinner: 2 baking powder biscuits, homemade mushroom soup (354)
Dessert: 1 square Hershey's special dark chocolate (45)

Calories: 1,319

TOM visited me today. Hopefully, I can be nicer now... :D

steinanwine
12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh my gosh congrats Shells!!!!! Amazing! Who needs German food when you've lost 40 lbs!!!!

Pinkstar104
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone! :D Hooray for Saturday!:yay:
Roxanne & Pint- Oh my! Those are two very sad experiences. I think it is just so awful. I have a dog of my own her name is Sweety she's a rat terrier. We got her from a friend's friend who is a farmer and also trains dogs certain dogs to become hunters. Well Sweety wasn't as good as the others so he decided to lock her in a crate that is too small for her so she couldn't even sit up in the crate. She also was starved and had no water for 2 1/2 weeks so when we got her she was so skinny we though she was going to drop dead any second! So the farmer was going to try to kill her by starvation but it was taking too long so he planned on shooting her in the head the next day. Well luckily my friend told me about it and I offered to buy her off of him and he sold her to me. She was such a wreck though, she was so nervous and she was brutally beaten. We got her thanksgiving day last year and when she smelt the turkey man she went ballistic. Anything we fed her she ate without chewing she just chugged it whole! So I am just disgusted by people towards animals specifically dogs! They are poor defenceless animals and don't deserve to be abused or abandoned!

Lindsey- Wow that's a lot of exercise great job! You are very close! You will get there!:)

Shells- WOW that is so great that close to 40lbs gone!! Way to go hun! :) :)

Pinkstar104
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi ladies!
I have been getting awful sleep all week so I am happy I was able to sleep in today. I woke up at 12pm :lol: So I should be caught up on sleep! I woke up to the smell of full fat strawberry cheesecake pancakes my family was making. Oh the torture it was! So I made my own whole wheat pancakes with banana slices and cinnamon on top with a dollop of lowfat vanilla yogurt. It was SO good! Then I went on my walk because I felt like I was still going to eat some of theirs! I want to be 4lbs less for Christmas so I can't be eating that kinds of stuff right now. I think I can be lose 4lbs before x-mas if I am strict.

Check-in for 12/4 Saturday:

Exercise:
~walked 40 minutes.

Breakfast (321)
2 ww pancakes 193
banana 100
1 oz low fat vanilla yogurt 28

Lunch (400)
ww omelette wrap + salsa 280
apple 120

Dinner (355)
4 oz turkey 180
1 oz teriyaki sauce 20
1/2 RF cheese stick 35
baked potato 120

Snack (120)
apple 120
~~~~~~~~~~
Total = 1196
~~~~~~~~~~

steinanwine
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Low key day - strangely - found that I ate even less throughout the day than I do at work. Maybe because it's killer to be hungry at work?

B: Egg/Veg skillet
Smart Sausage - veggie protein sausage - 105 cals
3/8 cup egg beaters - 45 cals
2 tbs lite sour cream - 40 cals
1/4 cup cheese - 110 cals
~ 300 cals

L: Tuna Wrap
Whole wheat tomato tortilla - 170 cals
1 can tuna - 100 cals
2 tbs lite sour cream - 40 cals
cucumber
herbs
~ 310 cals

D: Sweet potato frenzy
Sweet Potato fries - 108 cals - recipe here http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/baked-chipotle-sweet-potato-fries.html
3 tbs lite sour cream w/ herbs to dip - 60 cals
12 Sweet Potato chips (Food Should Taste Good brand) - 140 cals
Spray dressing - 18 cals
Spinach
~ 326 cals

In total for the day: 936 :carrot:

Will most definitely have a healthy snack later.

LindseyLou
12-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Pint - LOVE the dress! You look GREAT!!! SO pretty! :D

Shells - :carrot: AWESOME!!! Yay!!!

Pink - Glad you got to sleep in! ;) I love sleeping in!

Stein - Hi! :D

Cincimini - Hi! :D

Hope everyone had a great day! I ended up changing my workout plan a bit. I did 55 minutes of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and I loved it! My knees didn't hurt! :D I of course, did all the cleaning, dusting, mopping and all that too...Anyways, late dinner...still trying to finish up this homework. My laptop is being weird, I think it died for good...so back to using the good ol' desktop computer. Night ladies! :hug:

Pinkstar104
12-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Lindsey- Thx! Who doesn't love sleeping in? Most of the time I can't but for once I was able to! :) That's good news that your knees weren't hurting! :D Sorry to hear about the computer. :hug:

Pint- Oh my I forgot to mention: You are gorgeous and look fabulous in your dress girl!:D

Diana3271
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Pint The dress is cute as can be and you are absolutely gorgeous!

Total Approx 1675 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce 250 calories
Venti Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low & splash cream 50 calories

Dinner (1010 Calories)
Sweet Tea 100 Calories
Beef Stew 500 calories
Corn Bread 200 Calories
Pepperidge Farms Orange Cake 210 calories

Exercise:
Cathe Basic Step
Cathe Travel Fit

Pint Sized Terror
12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I did good at avoiding the buffet. Not so good at avoiding the free wine and mixed drinks. What started as a "relaxer" drink turned into a few, then i lost count, and I'm feeling quite fuzzy headed now. oops. I got in at least 3 hours of dancing though. I LOOOOVE dancing, even though I know I'm sooo not coordinated enough, especially with some booze in me.:o

My husband was the designated driver for the squadron tonight, so I had a dd already! woot!

I didn't win the ugliest sweater though. That's ok. I loved the dress I made. I'm very proud of it and got a lot of compliments!

It's time fo r me to brush the stank off my teeth (the chardonnay was purty nasty...) and hit the sheets.

Night!!

Ekicna
12-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Glad you had a great time pint!

roxannestags
12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Hi all~
Just checking in for a few moments. Did ok food wise today until we sat down to watch a couple movies, then I ate more popcorn than I intended.

Took my beagle to the vet. He has either spinal disc disease or a malformed spine. We are hoping for the malformed spine because it means that other than having to take anti-inflammatories anytime he does anything that might strain his back he will be ok. Without x-rays or MRI's we won't know which for sure and right now, x-rays and mri's are not in my budget. But we did isolate where the pain is for him. It was interesting, the vet took a pair of scissors and poked him along the back basically and watched the muscles respond. It wasn't painful, not comfortable I am sure. It was weird to see the muscles on his back move though! Then the vet got to the sore spot in his back. That hurt. Poor Duke.

Then we had the adventure of giving him his pill today. Lol, the first pill, we had to try to get him to eat it about 4 times. I finally ended up shoving it down his throat poor boy. However, his evening pill, he decided he did not want me shoving it down his throat so he ate that one.

Oh and Duke has to lose 6 pounds. However, he can not walk for a week or so. After that, well my walking time is over inside, I'll be taking the beagles for walks outside, even in the cold. Any dog lovers out there use sweaters for their dogs? Should I use a sweater in cold weather?

SO and I are still continuing our sparring practices. So far, on our scores, he has beat me every time. It's close though and he is taller and stronger than me. And a longer reach. That makes a difference. Even though these axes are foam, they can still hurt! We got in a half hour today of sparring practice. It's fun stuff!!

Gonna head to bed early tonight. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Roxanne

Diana3271
12-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :coffee2: Getting ready to get my second cup. :coffee:

cincimini
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Good day Diana. Hope you're having a great day!

roxanne - Sorry your dog is going through this. It sucks when your pet isn't feeling great. We just found out last night that we had fed our cat rotten food for the last 3 weeks :o. We thought it was supposed to be a bit moist but the lady in the store was like "Err...no!". No wonder he's been having the most awful smelling gas! :lol:

Having a good day so far and looking forward to dinner b/c I'm hungry, but I Will. Not. Snack. It's snowing (again), so it's been a pretty lazy day. However, we did make our traditional eggnog today, which is always a lot of fun. I think when I'll try to calculate the WW points for it, I'm going to faint. Each batch contains half a pound of sugar, 6 eggs, a quart of cream and a quart of (4 types) of alcohol - YIKES! I might be able to lick a spoon, definitely not more :lol: .

Anyway, food intake so far has been:
B - 2 crisp bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
L - 2 small slices of whole-wheat fruit bread, orange, 1 piece of advent calendar chocolate
D - planned: 3.5oz lamb filet with lebkuchen spice, small steamed potato, green beans, field greens with vinaigrette and pomegranate seeds

steinanwine
12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
D - planned: 3.5oz lamb filet with lebkuchen spice, small steamed potato, green beans, field greens with vinaigrette and pomegranate seeds

Ohhhhh man. Your dinner sounds amazing Cincimini! My mouth is watering - I'm coming over for dinner!! :hungry:

Pint Sized Terror
12-05-2010, 12:51 PM
The buffet wasn't a buffet like I was thinking. I stuck with steamed veggies and a chicken breast, then had a bite of my friend's carrot cake. :D

I am physically sore from all the dancing. My ankle especially. :o I wore a pair of flip flops the whole night, well, except when I was dancing, then I was like every other chick in the room, barefoot! LOL Everyone knows you can't moonwalk in flip flops. ;) The party was amazing and SO much fun! I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. My friend and I, as well as the colonel's wife, danced until the music stopped and the lights came back on. :D Fun fun fun stuff. I'm surprised my ankle doesn't hurt more, but then again, it wasn't zumba-type dancing, just your normal stuff with a little Cha-Cha slide thrown in, LOL. I was definitely dehydrated by the time we got home last night. The base of my skull was pounding. I drank 28 ounces of ice water between midnight and 2am last night and I still woke up dying of thirst! :o I've been drinking ice water since I woke up.

Today I've had an egg white and cheddar cheese slice on a whole wheat english muffin, 8 oz of milk (measured! yay!) and a ton of water.

GettinFit
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone :wave: I fell off the wagon and I've not posted in a few months. I am trying really hard to get myself back on track and start losing again. I just came off a cruise where I pigged out for 7 days and am so ready to get back to eating right and working out. I know the next few days will be challenging for me but I am determined to get back on track and start losing again.

Diana - Congrats on your weight loss accomplishment. You have done an awesome job!!!! You must be so proud of yourself.

I am looking forward to a good week of eating. My body is so ready for it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Wysteria
12-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Just walked back from my friend's house and it's so cold out there I can barely breathe x.x The air just takes your breath away! Literally!

Anyways, food - in a nutshell, Too Much Today.

Breakfast: Some weird kind of vanilla yoghurt. Not very pleasant. And a glass of orange juice:
Lunch: Beef stew and mash potato with cabbage followed by low-fat ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yum.
Dinner: Sausages with tomatoes, beans, leeks, carrots and mushrooms followed by wheat-free chocolate cake.

I feel like I've eaten a car. Think some green tea might calm my stomach down, urgh... must be better tomorrow x.x

Pinkstar104
12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Hope you are all having a nice day! :D

cincimini- Hi! Your dinner sounds very delish! :T

Pint- I am glad you had a great time! You deserve to go out and enjoy yourself :)

GettinFit- Welcome back! You can do it! :)

Wysteria- I agree it is freezing outside! During my 30 minute walk I just couldn't feel my face! Its brutal outside especially that cold wind!

I got to sleep in again today! :flow1: I am having a hard time figuring my days because we are in big need of food shoppin (we have very little) . Problem is we don't get the money until Thursday so its going to be a tight tough next four days which will be a little weird food-wise.
Check-in for 12/5 Sunday:
Exercise:
~Walked 30 minutes.

Breakfast (403)
ww crunchy apple berry fruit wrap 313
1 cup nonfat milk 90

Lunch (365)
bagel thin 110
3 oz turkey 150
RF cheese stick 70
1/2 cup berries 35

Dinner (260)
3/4 cup broth 40
1/2 cup lentils + olive oil 140
carrots 25

Snack (165)
Fiji apple 130
1 oz low fat vanilla yogurt 28
1/4 cup ww puff cereal 7
~~~~~~~~~
Total = 1193
~~~~~~~~~

MamaP
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
12-5-10 check in

Breakfast:
Multi-grain Cheerios
Almond Milk

Lunch:
BBQ Pork Loin Sandwich
Green Giant Garden Medley Vegetables

Snack:
SF Suisse Mocha Coffee
Russell Stover Chocolate

Dinner:
Stir Fried Cabbage with baked chicken

Total calories approximately 1425

steinanwine
12-05-2010, 07:23 PM
MamaP - I am curious to know - how many calories are in the Russell Stover chocolate you eat? Is it the diabetic kind or something? I've been interested in looking at this choc in the store for a little treat but never have!

Diana3271
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi Everyone!

Kris Good to see you.

Total Approx 1205 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap 250 Calories
Venti Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low & splash cream 50 calories

Dinner (540 Calories)
Steamed Stir Fry Veggies 4 servings 100 Calories
1 teaspoon Molly McButter 5 calories
(curried chicken salad) Chicken 180 calories
Oikos plain Greek Yogurt 80 calories
1 apple 100 calories
Curry powder 25 calories
1 tablespoon sliced almonds 50 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

krampus
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Too much eating this weekend. Yesterday was somewhat on plan.

Breakfast/Lunch - 420ish
-Yogurt, 89
-Coffee, 30
-Self service bento from grocery store - a little mushroom fried rice, 2 little dumplings, bamboo shoots with sesame - gonna say ~300

Dinner - 1000-1200?
-Mini bibimbap (Korean dish - veggies and spicy red paste on white rice)
-Vegetable chigae (hot stew, I suspect the broth is quite oily) with pumpkin, cabbage, some pork, enoki mushrooms. Didn't eat the potatoes.
-3 bites of kimchee

Exercise
-45 minutes/4-4.5 miles running outdoors w/more hills than usual
-40 pushups
-About 45 minutes walking, 25 min of those 45 carrying/"lifting" heavy groceries

roxannestags
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Good evening everyone,
Well, haven't gotten much done for schoolwork today. Did some studying but not enough.

Made gingerbread houses today with the kids. It was pretty fun. Eating has been a little weird today. I seriously need to go grocery shopping but don't have time.

B: english muffin with 1 tablespoon jam

L: ramen noodles with eggs, pork, celery, green onion and squash

S: 4 cookies

Total calories for today: 1348

No there isn't any dinner in there but the ramen noodles didn't agree with my stomach and I have no desire to eat.

Exercise: 20 minutes sparring with SO and our nerf axes. (my new favorite exercise. I actually won a round!)

Tomorrow is my first final and the end of term potluck for the nursing class. I almost forgot, I wonder how many others will forget! lol

Roxanne

Pint Sized Terror
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Today I've had a fever and I've been coughing my lungs up. I've been arguing with hubby all day as well. I caught him hiding booze twice this week, including tonight. Pisses me off, especially because he left to buy it while I was in the tub, didn't bother telling me he was leaving, and our daughter fell off a chair and almost split her head open. The skin was so close to splitting that she had 2 red streaks on her skin on top of the goose egg. I was beyond angry. :mad: His response? "Well she would've fallen if I had been here too." *facepalm*

Due to the fever (that's gone now, thanks Tylenol cold and cough!) I didn't feel like eating a whole lot. Once the fever broke I was ravenous. I ended up eating a slice of leftover pepperoni pizza. After finding the receipt for the booze in hubby's pants, and arguing with him, I ended up eating most of another slice, but stopped because I WASN'T hungry. I actually felt sick from the FIRST time I ate that crap today. Boooo!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I'm sure I'm NOT going to like what I see, but hey, what I'll see is just a reflection of how I've been doing. So can't get all crabby about something I had control over, now can I? :p

LindseyLou
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Quick check in for the night...personals tomorrow. :)

B- FO cereal w/milk & banana 320
S- 1/3c. dried cranberries 140
L- Ham, muenster & baby spinach panini 250, cashews 70 (320)
S- 4 "blocks" Hershey bar 160
D- Grilled chicken, peas with potato pierogies 400
~30g fiber, multivitamin, ~64 oz water
55 minutes Jillian's NMTZ workout

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Night! :hug:

MamaP
12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
MamaP - I am curious to know - how many calories are in the Russell Stover chocolate you eat? Is it the diabetic kind or something? I've been interested in looking at this choc in the store for a little treat but never have!

There are about 70 calories in each piece. It's regular chocolate - my mom always keeps them on hand (always has a box sitting on her kitchen counter). I try to stay away from them, lately it's been harder than usual.

Ekicna
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I've been below my calorie intake for 2 days now because I'm sick. I've lost 2 pounds and I don't look 3 months pregnant anymore because of water weight. Today, I've had a hard time drinking my water because I've been asleep for most of the day.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Diana3271
12-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Good Morning! :coffee2: Is it Monday already? I hope you have a great one!

Wysteria
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Still WAAAY too cold out there, but I've got all my Christmas shopping done :) Yay for days off.

Food today:

Brunch: Eggs benedict minus the brioche and a black coffee. I think that cafe is getting used to me asking for it without the brioche now.
Snack: Sesame snap and a cup of tea.
Dinner: looks like wheat free pasta and chicken-something, judging by what's in the fridge.

krampus
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Monday's almost over here. I had what I consider a very successful day and am actually rather excited to weigh myself in the morning.

Daily Total: 1350-1400 or so

Breakfast - 220
-1 serving of fiber cereal with a little milk

Lunch - 350ish
-Veggie medley: 100g chickpeas, 1 small onion, 3 small carrost, 1 eggplant stir fried with a little oil and garam masala
-1 gigantic mandarin orange

Snack - 120
-1 banana

Dinner - 670
-1 pc. salmon - 150
-1 egg, 2 "heads" spinach, 6 small shiitake mushrooms scrambled, topped with a little ketchup - 180
-1 banana - 120
-1 "Ghana Cookie Crunch" ice cream bar - my favorite, 220

Exercise
-50 minutes brisk walking (work commute)
-45 minutes running/jogging
-105 pushups (arms are sore!)

roxannestags
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Finals week for me. Wish me lots of luck. After this week I am going back to my workouts. I have struggled for the last month with my eating. Working out should help that at least!

Roxanne

Demona
12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Missed a few days of checking in over the weekend...but know it was a great weekend! I weighed and measured myself this morning to find myself 1.6 pounds lighter than last week, also saw that I had lost 1 inch off my waist since last week! :D :D :D :D :D That brings me to a total loss of 8 pounds since I started! :clap:

Demona
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Oops...forgot to post my food for the day thus far...:)

For breakfast today I had 1/2 cup of fruit loops (dry).
For lunch I have a bowl nissin noodles planned.
For an afternoon snack I have an apple planned.
For dinner I have planned 2 cups of rotini and 1 cup of hunts traditional sauce with 2 slices of italian bread with garlic powder sprinkled on it.

Sounds so good, I'm already hungry. :)

shellsbrood
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks, everyone. :D I did end up reaching my 40lb mark this weekend, which really surprised me, because TOM arrived Saturday night. Now, I can't wait to get into the teens! And after that, Onderland is right around the corner!!! :carrot: When I started this at 261, I remember despairing that I would be one of those freak people that wouldn't be able to lose weight. Well, here I am! :D

One of my friends let me borrow a couple of her Jillian DVDs and I found a really good deal on some Tae Bo DVDs, so I'm hoping to shake my work outs up a bit on my way to Onederland. :)

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Pint - Aww, hope you're feeling better soon! :getwell:

Roxanne - Yay for your last day of class for the semester!! :yay: Good luck on your finals! :goodluck:

Wysteria - Hi! :D

Demona - Awesome!! Good work! :D

Shells -:congrat: Awesome job!! You'll be to onederland before you know it girl!!!! :D I'm very proud of you! How did you like the Jillian workouts? Which ones did you do?

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a terrific OP week! :D

This weekend was pretty good. I stayed on plan all weekend, eating roughly 1400 calories for Sat & Sun. On Sat I did a ton of cleaning and both days I did 55 mins of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ) workout! I'm SO sore today, holy cow!!! But, I guess that means my body worked hard! ;) Both my husband's and my laptop died, completely on us. We had his old desktop computer and now it's acting funny but it's like 7 years old or something. So, yesterday we got a new laptop. I have to have a functioning & dependable computer for school. :) So far so good.

On a different note, I think I hit another plateau. For the last 5 or 6 days I've hovered between 155.8 and 156.2! Which is seriously frustrating me but, hopefully it will be a quick plateau?! :dizzy: Does anyone know/think that's normal? I started at 175.2 and got to 162-163 with no real problems, but hovered around there for almost 2 weeks, then got to 155.8 and it's like the scale is not moving! I really haven't changed anything. I was just hoping I wouldn't see another plateau so soon! :mad: I'll probably calorie cycle again. I'm DETERMINED to see 155.0 not 155.8 by time I leave to see my family (Dec 17). Anyways, just me venting...:^:

I'll be back later, I'm sure. Have a great day everyone! :carrot: Finals week for me too, wish me luck!!! :D

PS: My haircut is tomorrow @ 1...hubby has no idea!! I can't wait to see what he thinks of it! :)

MamaP
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Our breakroom is always overflowing with snacks and cookies, pop and lots of other unhealthy stuff. Well, this last trip to the store apparently someone (that mattered) had requested a low sodium snack mix. This is really good and has zero sodium in it. 150 calories a serving, 8 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and 13 grams of carbs. I love that it has no sodium. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ann-s-House-Good-Health-Energy-16-oz/12443377

shellsbrood
12-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Lindsey--She just gave them to me last night, so I haven't tried them yet. They are "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and the "NMTZ" one you just mentioned. Ugh, dumb plateau...it seems to be bouncing back and forth between the two of us. We have to send it away for good!! Good luck on your finals...I know you're going to do great! :hug:

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Lindsey--She just gave them to me last night, so I haven't tried them yet. They are "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and the "NMTZ" one you just mentioned. Ugh, dumb plateau...it seems to be bouncing back and forth between the two of us. We have to send it away for good!! Good luck on your finals...I know you're going to do great! :hug:

I have both of those. BFBM is pretty good, higher impact and cardio in that one if I remember right. NMTZ is awesome, I like it because it's easier on my knees but I get my heart rate up and work on toning which is something I need! I'm sick of the "jiggles." :lol: I know what a dumb plateau..what's up with these? Give it the evil eye again and maybe it will GIT - that worked last time! ;) Thanks girl, I just took my health care management final and got 100%!!!! I think I should be getting 4.0s in all 5 classes!! :D

shellsbrood
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
MamaP--I have that mix here and I love it! :)

Lindsey--Givin' your plateau that evil eye... :s: And :woohoo: for your 4.0!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, off to tackle my closet. If I'm not back in a couple of hours, then run away and save yourselves. :fr:

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Lindsey--Givin' your plateau that evil eye... :s: And :woohoo: for your 4.0!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thank you! ;)

love2b150
12-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Ladies, gonna try to do this again ... not sure I'll be able to count the calories but logging the food again is a start. :D

So far today not good at all

... at work my lunch time is at 2:30ish a.m.
~apple snack pack
~slim fast

... home from work this morning :7:45a.m.
~2 slices of white toast with reg margarine & grape jelly
~left over cornbread with margarine

... 12:30ish
~fun size Baby Ruth
~small can low sodium V8 juice
~whole pink grapefruit

Water 36.9 ozs so far

cincimini
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Just a wee quick check-in.
Roxanne - good luck with finals!

love2b - welcome back!

Linds - 4lbs??? Woohoo!

First day of work today was pretty boring b/c I sat around for a few hours waiting for my boss to give me something to do :lol:. I haven't found the snack machine OR the coffee maker, so... haven't been tempted so far. I work in a food production plan, so you can only have food in the cafeteria - which works out great :D.

Food intake for today:
B - 2 crisp bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
L - "Onion pie" - it's more like pizza dough with onion baked on top, latte
S - Latte - seriously in need of coffee today :lol:
D - 3 oz of cooked pasta with veggie sauce, 1 tbsp of shredded cheese. 3 bites of "St. Nikolaus" cake and a piece of chocolate (it's St. Nick's today!)

My car is still in the shop and it was pouring rain all day, so I didn't go to the gym. I NEED to go tomorrow though.

Pinkstar104
12-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone :) Hope you're all having a great day!
I got only about 3-4 hours of sleep and I woke up with extreme cramps and terrible bloating so I think TOM is right around the corner :( I don't feel so great today. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Check-in for 12/6 Monday:

Exercise:
~walked 50 minutes.

Breakfast (340)
healthy banana muffin 150
1 tbs natural PB 100
1 cup nonfat milk 90

Lunch (264)
ww omelette wrap 240
1 tsp ketchup + 1 tbs salsa 10
1/2 tsp smart balance 14

Snack (181)
ww mini bagel 110
4 slices Cajun chicken 36
1/2 RF cheese stick 35
1 tbs mustard 0

Dinner (290)
4 oz turkey 180
1 tbs teriyaki sauce 10
1 cup grapes 100

Snack (132)
9 almonds 90
1 Dove Dark Chocolate 42
~~~~~~~~~
Total = 1207
~~~~~~~~~

GettinFit
12-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to say that I've had a good day so far. It is easier than I thought it would be to get back on track. After pigging out on my cruise for 7 days, I am ready to start feeding my body the right stuff.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Linds - 4lbs??? Woohoo!

I wish! No, 4.0s in my classes! :)

shellsbrood
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Quickly posting my info before heading back into the abyss.

Weight: 1/2lb down
Exercise: LS 3 fast miles (doing her 12 day Christmas challenge)

Breakfast: Kellogg's chocolate delight, splash light soy milk (ran out :( ), coffee (205)
Snack: Handful of mixed nuts (170)
Lunch: LC Baja quesadilla, german cookies (410)
Snack: Popcorn (67)
Dinner: Turkey MB sub, 1 slice homemade olive oil garlic bread (I wasn't going to have any, but it smelled sooooo good. Fail. :( ) (649)

Calories: 1,501

Ekicna
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
My food journal is on my fitness pal and my username is CTK3989.

I've lost 3lbs so far thanks to being sick. I am doing great with exercising but I've slowed down on my water intake.

Keep up the good work everyone!

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Ekicna - Great work! 3 pounds! :D

Shells - Homemade bread?? YUM! I would have definitely ate it too, you did good though 1500 cals! Good job girl! :)

Here's what I ate for the day...
B- everything bagel thin w/cream cheese 210, 1/4c. "break free" egg product w/spinach and cheese 90(Diana inspired breakfast! ;)) 300
S- banana 110
L- Ham sandwich 260
D- steak with grilled onions, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower 600
S- 1 tbsp sugar cookie dough 80? 1/2 sugar cookie 150
64 oz water, 23g fiber, multivitamin
*Taking today off Jillian's NMTZ workout today to rest my body, back on it tomorrow!*

Diana3271
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi Everyone!

Ekicna I hope you start feeling better.

Krampus Congrats on the on plan day.

Roxanne Good luck on your exams.

Demona Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Shells Woo Hoo! Congrats on the 40 pounds. You found your way out of the closet? :lol:

Kris Stay strong against the goodies in the break room. ;)

Lindsey Great job on your grades.

Love Hi and Welcome Back! :wave:

Cincimini LOL on not finding the snack machine or coffee maker. Celebrate the little things. ;)

Pink I hope you sleep better tonight. I haven't slept well the last couple of nights either.

Gettinfit Hi and Welcome back! :wave:

Pint Sized Terror
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm just disgusted with myself.

Total calories for the day: 2304

Weight: 153.4

Diana3271
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
Mustard 0 Calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
8 ounce New York Strip 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 45
500 Jump Ropes

Ekicna
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
*hugs* Pint

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Pint - :hug: Hop back on tomorrow and kick butt! We all have good and bad days.

krampus
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Diana3271, 500 jump ropes is a lot of jump ropes! You're a machine! :D

LindseyLou
12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Diana! :D

Diana3271
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
krampus I can really tell that my endurance has improved in the last couple of months. I think it's from doing the longer Turbo Fire workouts, and maybe longer workouts in general. It wasn't difficult doing the 500, either. When I was in high school I lost a lot of weight. I was not athletic at all and hated sports. My workout was jumping rope. I would do 1000 a day. :eek:

Diana3271
12-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Pint Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day.

MamaP
12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
12-6-10

100+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack:
Soy Energy Blend Snack Mix

Lunch:
Stir fried cabbage with chicken
Apple

Snack:
Cheese & Crackers

Dinner:
Tilapia
Turkey Hot Dog - no bread
Green Giant Garden Vegetable Medley
Gold Fish Crackers

Total calories approximately 1460

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Good Morning :coffee2: Have a great day!

cincimini
12-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I wish! No, 4.0s in my classes! :)

Bleh! I'm such a moron :lol:. Sorry, totally should have taken a couple more seconds reading stuff. Still - Congrats!!!

shellsbrood
12-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Ekicna--I'm sorry you've been sick, but great job on the 3lbs.

Lindsey--I tried a little of the BFBM one (until the littles decided they didn't want to take a nap) and I was shaking in my sneakers! *lol*

Diana--I did, eventually. :lol: It's nice and clean now! :carrot:

Pint--We all have those days. I bet today will be much better. :hug:

Ugh, I've had a pretty yucky morning so far. And, to top it all off, I exercised late last night, so of course I was up a pound this morning. I soooo badly want to see a teen number in my weight! But, patience is key. And, to help start my day off on a better foot, I'm having a nice warm bowl of oatmeal and a cup of hot coffee. Then, I'll be doing LS 5 mile challenge this morning, so I can work out the rest of the morning's frustrations. I should be right as rain after that. :D

Vixsin
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Good Morning All! :)

Well my scale greeted me nicely this morning with a TOM whoosh!! Down 2 from yesterday! I am pumped about that. :yay: I am SO close to the teens! I cannot believe it!

So I have these 2 pictures of myself on my fridge. They are from about 10 years ago. I don't know exactly how much I weighed but I feel it's around 210ish. Everyday when I go into my fridge I look at those pictures first and remember how shocked I was the day that I saw them. I remember looking at my friend and saying " That's me? That's really what I look like?" I remember being so surprised that I wasn't the jellatenous (sp?), blubbery monster that I saw in the mirror everyday. Why wasn't she the one in those pictures? I'm realizing that I am getting really close to that size again.

No real point to that story other than helping me to appreciate the true lengths of this journey and the many things you learn about yourself along the way.

Vixsin
12-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Pint: We all have been there....more than once! :hug: Thankfully, it's a new day today. Hang in there. :hug:

Shells: I feel you on the 2-teens!!! SOOOO close!! But yes, patience is the name of this game. You'll be there before you know it and looking back on all of this. :) Your oatmeal made me feel all warm and snuggly. :)

Diana: :wave: Hi! :)

Kris: Your lunch and dinner sound SUPER yum!!!! How do you make your stir fry cabbage? Do you have any sauce that you use? I'm on the hunt for a good stir fry sauce that is easy to make.

love2b150
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi Cinci thanks :)

Hi Vixsin, Pint, Shells, GettinFit, Lindsey and Everyone I missed :wave:

Hi Diana thanks :) Diana 170's you're doing great. Congratulations

Kris you look great, love the dress. I missed the details of the ball. Hope you had a wonderful time.

... today's eats so far

2:30am
~low sodium V8
~Choc Slim Fast
~Apple snack pack
270 calories

8:45am
~Keebler fudge grahams (wanted a Christmas tree donut but I resisted)
100 calories

no water yet

Don't have to pick my daughter up today so I'm gonna go to bed now and catch up on my sleep, good day Ladies

krampus
12-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Another on-plan day for me. Total about 1450 calories.

Breakfast - 250
-All Bran cereal with some milk

Lunch - 500
-Pasta, veggie stir fry with peanut sauce
-1 big mandarin orange

Dinner - 700
-1 pc. salmon with lemon and dill
-100 calorie curry over about 140g chickpeas, boiled carrots, cooked onions
-1 banana
-2 packs of Pocky "Chocolate on Chocolate" cookie sticks at 82kcal each

Exercise
-35 min Tae Bo
-100 pushups
-50 min walking

Demona
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
My day on-plan: breakfast peanut butter crackers

lunch cup of noodles

afternoon snack 1 med. apple

dinner 2 plain hotdogs & 1 serving plain fries

Fitness 45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill
20 minutes of strength training with free weights
60 minutes of aerobics

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wK0O7wA/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wK0O7wA/exercise.png
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXCp7Ah/weight.png

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 8/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 555/1200 cardio

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Bleh! I'm such a moron :lol:. Sorry, totally should have taken a couple more seconds reading stuff. Still - Congrats!!!

That's ok! :lol: Thank you! :D

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Lindsey--I tried a little of the BFBM one (until the littles decided they didn't want to take a nap) and I was shaking in my sneakers! *lol*

Ugh, I've had a pretty yucky morning so far. And, to top it all off, I exercised late last night, so of course I was up a pound this morning. I soooo badly want to see a teen number in my weight! But, patience is key. And, to help start my day off on a better foot, I'm having a nice warm bowl of oatmeal and a cup of hot coffee. Then, I'll be doing LS 5 mile challenge this morning, so I can work out the rest of the morning's frustrations. I should be right as rain after that. :D

LOL - shaking in your sneakers! :lol: Yeah, that one is hard core, I like NMTZ much better. ;)

Aww hun, I'm sorry! I was up this morning too! How irritating! :s: I think I might work out this morning too..work off some frustration as well! ;)

Ekicna
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Ekicna--I'm sorry you've been sick, but great job on the 3lbs.

Thanks! Why do you think you gained a pound because you worked out at night? I do my strength training at night (cardio in the morning) and I consider my strength training similar to a last chance work out before I weigh in in the morning. I would love to know more about this.

Good Morning All! :)

Well my scale greeted me nicely this morning with a TOM whoosh!! Down 2 from yesterday! I am pumped about that. :yay: I am SO close to the teens! I cannot believe it!

:carrot: for being down 2lbs!!

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Ekicna Lifting weights damages/tears the muscles. The muscles then hold on to water to repair itself. This process normally makes you retain water weight for a period of time.

MamaP
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Kris: Your lunch and dinner sound SUPER yum!!!! How do you make your stir fry cabbage? Do you have any sauce that you use? I'm on the hunt for a good stir fry sauce that is easy to make.

What I make is a modified version of this - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/194446-colls-modified-crack-slaw.html

Coll's Modified Crack Slaw

*1 bag of Dole Cole Slaw Mix (Phase II because of the carrots) or Shredded Cabbage (Phase 1).
*2-4 tablespoons of sesame oil. The sesame oil makes the dish so it's important to have it.
*1 pound lean ground beef or cubed chicken breast
*Red Pepper Flakes.

Brown meat till it's cooked, place in strainer and tap off fat. Place meat on side. Heat up sesame oil in another pan, then add in shredded cabbage. Cook to desired tenderness then you sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top and even can add soy sauce.
============================================

I made it with ground turkey once but last night I used boneless chicken breast that had already been cooked - cut into small pieces. I added diced green onion, minced garlic and a little bit of fish sauce. I also used a little bit of low sodium soy sauce and some tabasco (I like spicy). There are a lot of variations to this recipe - some people add mushrooms, rice, onions and I've seen some recipes that added splenda.

cincimini
12-07-2010, 01:34 PM
^^ Sounds delish. I wish we could get cole slaw mix here. I miss Broccoli slaw - but I'm MUCH too lazy to make it myself :lol: .

Had a decent day today:
B - 2 crisp bread with cream cheese and jam (I need to get up 5 mins early and make myself a better b-fast), coffee with milk
L - 5 tbsp muesli, 2 tbsp grape nuts, 150ml skim milk
D - ground turkey patty, leftover tomato-veggie sauce, a latte and small piece of candy for dessert

Weigh in was 255.2...sooooo close to finally get to the lower half of the decade. Hope everyone is having a great day! :hug:

Pint Sized Terror
12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry for the downer post. Things are just really really crappy right now. I'm arguing with my husband every day. He's still drinking because he says I haven't given him any hope that things will work out anyway. BULL****. Then it changes to "Well the crime has already been committed, so I might as well keep drinking." MORE BULL****. I can't wait until December is over.

Today has been a struggle to stay on plan. There's been fried corn mush, Totinos pizzas (a huuuuuuuuge trigger for me), carne asada and candy bars brought into the house thanks to my ever-loving husband. He's been practically waving it all under my nose all day. I feel like crying.

Right now, my weight loss is the only thing I half-way have control over, and I'm struggling with THAT. I've got another cold, and I'm trying to get my house ready for inlaws to come. I'm the only one cleaning, although my husband actually ran a load of dishes today. Have I mentioned that I can't freaking WAIT until December is over?

Demona
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Diana, That explains ALOT! Thank you for that information. :)

Knowledge is Power. :bravo:

Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 593/1200 cardio

Demona
12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Pint....Hang in there! I can't say that I know what you are going through...I don't...I can only imagine. But know that you are not alone. Please be strong. Stay in positive control over the things that you can seem to control...like your own weight loss. Don't let someone else sabotage you...even emotionally. Stress will make you hold onto weight too. Good luck!

ja2ma6lee
12-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Ekicna Lifting weights damages/tears the muscles. The muscles then hold on to water to repair itself. This process normally makes you retain water weight for a period of time.

That is interesting and good to know. Thanks for the tib-bit. :carrot:

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I wonder where Lauren is. I hope everything is OK with her. She hasn't been on since Friday.

Demona You are correct, Knowledge is power.

Something funny with me and the whole knowledge is power thing. I have no issues asking questions. My family (DH and Mom) on the other hand would rather die than ask a question. Last Friday we went to one of our favorite restaurants. I normally order salmon there, but I think I have a seafood allergy (to those who have been here for a while remember my allergy? I think I have it figured out, but I will update that later). This particular restaurant does not have a grilled chicken breast on their menu. They have grilled chicken salad, etc. So anyways, to avoid embarrassising my family, I called earlier in the day to make sure I could order a plain grilled chicken breast. They confirmed they could do that. I told my family about this. When we got to the restaurant, I could feel everyone was uncomfortable. :D Anyways it worked out well and my food was very good.

On to what happened last night. There's another place we go to that has recently started a special. It's a New York strip steak w/ 2 sides for $9.95. That's a good deal. I looked up the calories before we left, but I didn't know the size of the steak. I knew 8 ounces would fit into my calories. After the waitress took our drink order, I said "I have a question about the New York strip". I caught a glimpse of the horrorified look on my Mom's face. :lol: I know she was thinking 'OMG, Diana is asking another question'. Anyways it was an 8 ounce serving, so it worked out well.

I swear you would think they would be used to me asking questions, by now. :lol:

L R K
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Diana - I'M HERE! :D

L R K
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
love & GettinFit - Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo glad to see you ladies back with us!!!!! :grouphug:

Where have you been hiding hmmm?? :D

L R K
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
You girls are all sooooo busy! I just can't keep up! I'll catch up with personals laters :D

So we are definitely completely covered in snow now, lots & lot's of snow on the weekend ... winter has arrived.

I only have 1 more full week of work untill we leave for Australia!!! :dance: :yay:

Here is my plan for the day Tues 12/7/2010

B - 1 small whole wheat bun w/ natural peanut butter + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 small banana

S - Handful of almonds + cucumber and carrot sticks with hummus

L - Barley casserole + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Stir-Fry - Marinated tempeh, kale, broccoli, tahini sauce on brown rice

L R K
12-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Lauren- Lucky! I love Harry Potter and want to see the new movie! I am going to go with friends next weekend to see it. Can't wait the series is so good! Enjoy it! :)
By the way I agree with Kayla your dog is cute! What kind is she?

She is a miniature Australian Shepherd :D

GettinFit
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Lauren: I'm ashamed to say that I fell off the wagon. At the beginning of Oct I went back to a 9-5 job and I had a hard time adjusting. My eating was totally out of control. Then I went on a 7 day cruise where I ate for almost 7 days non stop. I am so happy to be back on track and eating right.

I hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday.

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Lauren Hi :wave: I was concerned because I haven't seen you check in. I did hear about the snow storm and was thinking maybe you couldn't get to work. Glad to see you.

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Do you guys remember the dog that I found that I had to give to the pound? The one we paid the adoption fee for so that she would find a good home? Well, I finally called on her to find out if she had been adopted yet and she had been put to sleep!!!!!! They couldn't tell me why, said it wasn't in the records. I feel awful.

Roxanne

Oh dear ... I do remember that pup, i'm sorry :hug:

This is why we need better laws and education for people who are interested in owning a pet. So many innocent lives tragically being cut short because of people's own stupidity and ignorance.

Don't you feel like it is your fault roxanne and please don't feel awful, you did what you had to do and you did the best you could. :hug:

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Diana - Unofrtunately we are prepared for snow so no matter how bad the snow is we have to come to work - crappy deal eh :) I took Monday off just because my body was twlling me I needed to rest. So I did! Got up just after 1PM!

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
GettinFit - Well I am very glad to see you back and getting back up on that wagon! :D

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM

I hear ya on the dog hair! We did a big clean of the house for 4 hours on Saturday and we found dog hair in the most unlikely places!

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Diana I took Monday off just because my body was twlling me I needed to rest. So I did! Got up just after 1PM!

Lauren That's wonderful. I am so glad you got some rest.

Do you have any special plans when you get to Australia?

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm getting ready to head out for the party. Here's a link to the thread with pics of my dress and makeup! Thanks everyone, for your kind words and help figuring things out!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/218849-gaudy-christmas-dress-1-a.html#post3594567

You look great in those pics Pint :D

Pinkstar104
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Good day everyone :D

I'm checking-in early because I am going to visit a friend that is in the hospital and will be undergoing surgery (removing a tumor that may be cancerous) in a few hours. She's a nervous wreak so I am going to sooth her and be there for her. So I don't know how late I will get back.

Exercise:
~ Walked 1 hour.

Breakfast (285)
3/4 cup kashi go lean cereal 180
1/2 cup nonfat milk 45
1/2 apple 60

Lunch (324)
1/2 slice dark German wheat bread 50
1 tbs natural PB 100
1 tsp mini dark chocolate chips 24
1 cup nonfat milk 90
1/2 apple 60

Snack (120)
apple 120

Dinner (290)
4 oz turkey 180
1 tbs teriyaki sauce 10
carrot coins 35
1 oz salsa 10

Snack (170)
1 cup frozen grapes 100
RF cheese stick 70
~~~~~~~~~
Total = 1189
~~~~~~~~~

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Lauren!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: I've been slowly trying to transition my family for the last six months or so. My dh is pretty resistant. He hates to cook though, and I as am the one who prepares all the meals...:D I introduced him to some "burgers" made from mushrooms the other day and he LOVED them. I think he can be won over. My kids are still little so they're much more pliable. They've been loving the vegan cookies. I used coconut oil in my cookies the other day and loved the way it made them turn out. I've been visiting Isa Chandra Moskowitz's website a lot. She's amazing! I'd love new recipes, so if you have any favorites, I'm all ears. I'll definitely pepper you with questions, so look out. :D

Awesome! :high:

You should visit Alicia Silverstone's blog. She has some great recipe ideas!

www.thekindlife.com

But yeh any questions, throw em' at me!

Here is a really simple, healthy and delicious recipe that is sure to please. (It's also very inexpensive to make!) I made it the other night and it was really good. You can see pictures of it on my blog.

Stuffed Pasta Shells

Ingredients:
- 1 pack large pasta shells
- 1 jar organic tomato pasta sauce
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (you can find this at bulk barn near the spices, vegans use this to add a cheese flavour to dishes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cook pasta shells according to package directions
3. In a blender, pulse the tofu until it kinda looks like a ricotta cheese consistency (sort of crumbly)
4. Put tofu into a bowl and to this add the basil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon juice salt and pepper. Mix well. And set aside.
5. Spread the bottom of a baking dish with 1/3 jar pasta sauce.
6. Stuff each pasta shell with a couple of tsps of the tofu mixture and place into the baking dish with the pasta sauce
7. Drizzle another 1/3 jar pasta sauce over the top of the shells
8. Bake for 30 - 40 mins

L R K
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Ekicna, Krampus, Demona, Mama, LittleL, cincim, stein, Vixsin, Pint, Wysteria, ja

A big H-E-L-L-O to all you other amazing girls, let's make it a good week! :yay:

L R K
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Lauren
Do you have any special plans when you get to Australia?

Just visiting family and friends :)

We might go down to Melbourne for a couple of days to do some shopping but mostly the time will be spent with the family in Sydney.

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Ok ladies, I'll catch up on personals later on or in the morning..haircut went well. The lady made it super poofy so I washed it when I came home and styled it myself! I'm loving the new me!!!! :D Check out my avatar and public profile for pics of the cut!

Ekicna
12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
:wave: Lauren!!

Hi everyone! I'm doing well, down 0.2lbs today. I'm trying to up my caloric intake because I am averaging 800 per day right now. I really hope it's because I've been sick.

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Lindsey The new cut is really cute on you! Has your Hubby seen it yet?

Ekicna I would up those calories as soon as you can. I know you are not feeling well right now, but you need your nutrition. :hug:

Ekicna
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the information, that is very interesting to know!

Ekicna
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Lindsey The new cut is really cute on you! Has your Hubby seen it yet?

Ekicna I would up those calories as soon as you can. I know you are not feeling well right now, but you need your nutrition. :hug:

My appetite is slowly coming back. I woke up hungry today and I was hungry after I ate soup for lunch. :carrot: for having an appetite!! I think I will be able to come pretty close to at least 1200 calories today.

Ekicna
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Sorry for the downer post. Things are just really really crappy right now. I'm arguing with my husband every day. He's still drinking because he says I haven't given him any hope that things will work out anyway. BULL****. Then it changes to "Well the crime has already been committed, so I might as well keep drinking." MORE BULL****. I can't wait until December is over.

Today has been a struggle to stay on plan. There's been fried corn mush, Totinos pizzas (a huuuuuuuuge trigger for me), carne asada and candy bars brought into the house thanks to my ever-loving husband. He's been practically waving it all under my nose all day. I feel like crying.

Right now, my weight loss is the only thing I half-way have control over, and I'm struggling with THAT. I've got another cold, and I'm trying to get my house ready for inlaws to come. I'm the only one cleaning, although my husband actually ran a load of dishes today. Have I mentioned that I can't freaking WAIT until December is over?
:hug: I don't know the full story of what's going on but I hope things start looking up for you.

shellsbrood
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Lindsey--I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!!! :whoo: :D

Lauren--Thanks, I'll check out her blog!

Diana--And I feel every one of those micro tears today, let me tell you! Yeeouch! :o

Exercise: LS 5 Slimming Miles (82 min) (The lunges and squats were a bear!!)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 2 tsp brown sugar, splash milk, 1/2 cup of coffee (220)
Snack: Handful of nuts (200)
Lunch: Mushroom soup (broth based), banana, 1/2 tbs peanut butter (223)
Snack: Cube of cheddar cheese (137)
Dinner: Cottage Pie (464)
Dessert: Dark Chocolate square (45)

Calories: 1,292

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Diana - Thank you! :D No, he hasn't been home yet...should be here soon! ;)

Shells - Thank you!!! :D I love the little smileys you did!

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Here's my check in for today...
B- FO cereal w/milk & banana 320
S- 1/3 c. dried cranberries 140
L- turkey, provolone, baby spinach sandwich 260
S- 1/4 c. cashews 160
D- beer-braised beef w/onions & tomatoes, 1/2 c. mixed veggies 300
64 oz water, multivitamin, ~26g fiber
55 minutes Jillian's NMTZ workout

Going to relax tonight..I have a final tomorrow! (I'll catch up on personals tomorrow!) Night ladies! :)

nicolewoods1
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Lindsay... love the new cut!;)
Pint... im so sorry you are going through this, you are in my prayers!! :hug:

Diana3271
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
Mustard 0 Calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast Beef 300 calories
Green beans 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories
broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 20
TF Fire 30
Tae Bo Get Celebrity Fit

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Pint - I'm SO sorry you're dealing with all this! Is it possible you could go stay with family with the kids during Christmas break to get out of the house? :hug: I hope things get better soon!!!

LindseyLou
12-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Nicole - Thanks! :D

Diana3271
12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Good Morning! :wave: :coffee2:

Lindsey What did the Hubster say about the new cut? Again, I think it's very pretty on you.

Pint I think Lindsey had a good idea about getting out of the house and staying with family. :hug: I hope things improve for you.

Pint Sized Terror
12-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I can't leave right now. The only family I can stay with is actually coming here, then going to my sister in law's house on Christmas Eve. I'll make it. Not too much longer now, and I'll be out of the frying pan and into the fire, lol. Sorry about the frying pan joke. I'm just not able to find a job near my home town. My FIL looked for over a year before he was able to find gainful employment. I may have to change plans and move someplace else. :(

I haven't been awful, but I haven't been 100% on plan either. It's an hour-by-hour struggle at this point. I'll weigh in on Friday.

krampus
12-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Lindsey - Cute sassy hair. I like it a lot!

Pint - Nothing but hugs. Hoping to see good news soon.

Today was OK. Give or take, 1450 calories.

Breakfast - 285
Bagel sandwich - 196
Yogurt - 89

Lunch - 600
-Sliced pork on rice (reduced rice) - 500
-Weak miso soup with daikon radish and seaweed - 80
-Half a mandarin orange - 20

Dinner - 450
-Shrimp sandwich from Doutoir - 350
-Miso soup (too salty, bleh) - 100

Snack
-Pocky - 82
-Milk in my tea - ?

Exercise
-Tae Bo Cardio, 35 min
-100 pushups
-50 min walking

Vixsin
12-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Girls!

I'm up .2 this morning but not surprised after my 2 days of whooshes. :) I was on plan yesterday and I will be again today. :yes:

Pint: :hug: I'm sorry times are so stressful for you right now. I loved your xmas dress and make up. Sending you some :goodvibes:

Linds: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair!!!! Spicy lady!! What did the hubs say?

GettinFit
12-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I can't believe it's already Wednesday but I wish it was Friday. I've had 2 good days of being OP and I'm feeling stronger as the days go by. Now I have to work at getting more activity in. I plan to bundle up and start getting some walks in.

Vixen: You'll probably drop that .2 by tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

LindseyLou
12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Diana - Hubby liked it! He was definitely surprised. He walked in a was like "You got your hair cut, I like it!" :D

Krampus - Aww, thank you! :D

Vixsin - Spicy, eh? ;) Thanks girl! The hubby liked it! Gosh, it HAS to look better than it did! It was looking rough before! :o

Well today's WI for the week. -0.2# which is disappointing but AT LEAST I lost, no gain, no staying the same! ;) However, I DID lose another 1/2" on my waist. I'm now in the "normal" category - not a huge risk for heart and other health problems now because of my waist size! (I'm not sure if you are supposed to measure the natural waist or at your belly button?) I'm measuring at my belly button and I've lost -7" total (-4 on my natural waist), yes that's embarrassing, my waist was THAT big once before, but that's where I gain everything. :( Anywho, I'm hoping for bigger numbers next week, maybe I can kick this plateau's butt! :kickbutt: Hope everyone has a great, OP day! :D

OH! And according to fit day I'm exactly 10 pounds from being in the NORMAL weight category! ;) (145.6# and I'm there!)

shellsbrood
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Lindsey--Losing is great, no matter how small the loss! :carrot: I've always heard to measure at the narrowest part of your waist. So, that's what I do. :)

GettinFit--I wish it was Friday, too!

Vixsin--Great job on your wooshes! I need to make sure I can keep up with you! ;)

Pint--I'm glad you'll have family near by soon. :hug:

Hi Diana! :wave:

Ugh, I'm so ticked off at my scale. This morning it gave me a really low number, 218.something. We lost heat here last night and I was so excited that I jumped off the scale, (I did double check it), quickly got dressed, and ran off to tell my dh. Well, I realized I didn't get that last number, so I went back on it and it said 222.8!!! Since then, it hovers between 220-222. I was so very sad. :( It was just a fluke. :( Oh well. I'll see that number soon enough if I just keep chipping away at it, right? :D

Vixsin
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
That's right, Shells! It's showing you what's in store for you!!! :) You can do it!

LindseyLou
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Lindsey--Losing is great, no matter how small the loss! :carrot: I've always heard to measure at the narrowest part of your waist. So, that's what I do. :)

Ugh, I'm so ticked off at my scale. This morning it gave me a really low number, 218.something. We lost heat here last night and I was so excited that I jumped off the scale, (I did double check it), quickly got dressed, and ran off to tell my dh. Well, I realized I didn't get that last number, so I went back on it and it said 222.8!!! Since then, it hovers between 220-222. I was so very sad. :( It was just a fluke. :( Oh well. I'll see that number soon enough if I just keep chipping away at it, right? :D

Thanks! You're right! :)

Awwwwwwww, dumb scale! I've had that happen before!Definitely a bummer BUT..you're ON YOUR WAY there hun!!!!!! :cb:

L R K
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
LittleL - Love the new do! Very cute :D And losing is losing, be proud of that 0.2lbs lost! :yay:

Ekicna - Glad to see your appetite coming back, 1200 cals is a good amount :)

Shells - hahahah :rofl: I lurve that little whistling guy hehe :D

Diana, Nicole, Vixsin - Hello ladies, I hope you all are having a good day :wave:

Pint - I feel for ya hun :hug:

Krampus - Your days always look good, keep it up! :)

GettinFit - I'm in the same boat, my eatin has been good but I really have been lacking in the exercise dept.

L R K
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Hello All! :wave:

Here is my plan for the day Weds 12/8/2010

B - 1 rye bagel w/ peanut butter + 1 cup of mixed pineapple and canteloupe

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus + just under 1oz dry-roasted almonds

L - Tofu stuffed pasta shells w/ tomato pasta sauce + side salad of mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, soy cheese and italian dressing

S - 1 small banana + 5 low-sodium Triscuits + 2 dark.choc squares

D - Homemade Vegan Shepherds Pie!

Drinking: At least 2L water + At least 2 cups green tea

LindseyLou
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Lauren - Very true! :D Thank you! :)

Demona
12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Good Day! Another on-plan day for me (Dec 8th).

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg - 70
1/4 cup shredded hash browns - 25
2 cooked jimmy dean sausage patties - 170
1 golden layer biscuit - 110

Lunch: 1.5 cups garden rotini - 420
1 serving pasta sauce - 80

Afternoon Snack: 1 gala apple - 75

Dinner (planned): 3 cups chicken noodle soup - 360
10 saltine crackers - 120

Total Calories: 1430

Fitness:
15 minutes of strength training with free weights
90 minutes of cardio training
45 minutes of core training

Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 683/1200 cardio

L R K
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Demona! :wave:

Great job staying OP! :yay:

L R K
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Lauren--Thanks, I'll check out her blog!

Did you see the recipe I posted on page 14?? It comes highly recommended from me! I just ate it again for lunch, sooo yummy! :drool:

Pint Sized Terror
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I made stir-fry today for lunch. It was meh... LOL.

I'm doing a top to bottom cleaning in the house for the next few days to prep for family visiting. I'm trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of things. The hubby is saying I have an anger problem now, that I'm a ***** and he doesn't deserve to be treated badly. The only thing that's changed is that I no longer tolerate his behavior. If he does something, I tell him it upset me and I don't let him talk his way out of things. I don't get mean, though a big part of me wants to. I'm trying to keep the "do unto others" thing in mind.

I don't know when the inlaws will be here. I should probably figure that out since I have figure out sleeping arrangements and get things ready before they get here. I'm going to be so stinking busy, hopefully all the extra movement will move some of these pounds off!

cincimini
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Linds - Is this your new haircut in your profile pic?? It's so cute!!!

Shells - I hear your pain. I hate when the scale teases you!! :(

Good day for me, at least in terms of food. Work is picking up a bit, which is great b/c the first couple days I was BOOOOOOOOOOORED. I think my boss realized I'm not useless and that he can let me do more than shuffle papers :lol:.

B - 2 slices of pumpernickel with cream cheese and jam
L - 1 turkey patty with tomato-veggie stew, 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds, latte from the machine (YUCK!)
D - Veggie broth with vegetables and 2 Maultaschen (don't ask me to translate, please :lol: ), pineapple pieces and a piece of chocolate for dessert

Oh, and I actually made it to the gym after work. The trick is to take my gym stuff to work, change there and head right over. I hate going to the gym in the evenings. It's super crowded, all the "muscles dudes" are there and it smells :faint: . Oh well, I still did 50 mins of cardio and a round of weights. Will try to go again tomorrow.

Ekicna
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone! My appetite is back but I will still below my calorie goal so I ate a snack last night but I think I should have a certain time that I shouldn't eat after. Does anyone set time limits for themselves? (I.e, no food after 8pm) I gained 0.6lbs since yesterday, I think some of it is water weight and the fact that I ate late last night. I'm still exercising my behind off and I have definitely learned portion control. I love my new eating habits. :)

LindseyLou
12-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Demona - Holy cow, awesome exercise plan!! :D

Pint - Glad the family is coming soon and you'll be busy until they arrive to keep your mind of things! I'm thinking about you dear! :hug:

Cincimini - Yes ma'am! Thank you! :D

Ekicna - Glad your appetite is back and you're back in your normal routine! :hug: Also glad to hear you love your new eating habits! It's an awesome feeling, right? :)

Ok ladies, just took another final..85%, I was hoping for higher but whatever, it's still good. Looks like I should be getting a 90%, 91%, 92% and anticipated 94-95% in my last two classes!! :yay: I think our final for one is on Friday (the teacher is crazy so maybe monday, maybe tuesday.. :rolleyes:) and I have a final paper due (8-9 pages) for my last class. It's not due until Dec. 19 I believe, but I will probably turn it in by Monday and I'll be DONE..until Jan 4! ;)

Diana3271
12-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Ekicna I try not to eat past 8 pm.

Lindsey Congrats on your grades. I think you did well.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
Mustard 0 Calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Applebee's Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos w/steamed veggies & new potatoes 550 calories
3 Dove Promises 150 Calories

Exercise
~Crunchless Xtreme Abs
~Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1
~TF Fire 30

LindseyLou
12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you Diana! :D

Here's my check in for today...
B- bagel thin w/ cream cheese, 1/4 c. break free egg product, baby spinach & cheese (290)
S- banana 110
L- roasted chicken sandwich, cashews (320)
D- chicken tortilla pie 380
S- cookie 150
72 oz. water, multivitamin, 24g fiber
25 mins NMTZ

Tonight I was snuggling with my furbaby and found a quarter sized lump on her lower belly. :cry: Kinda freaking out!!! She's scheduled to go to the vet Jan 4, but I don't think I can wait that long...hope my baby is ok! :halfempty

Night ladies!

Ekicna
12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
I had McDonald's for dinner. I splurged, but I picked a chicken sandwich and a small fry. I was full afterwards :eek: and that's a good thing I guess. I almost reached my calorie goal today!! 35 calories short! :carrot: I'm doing NMTZ tonight. YES!

My food diary is at My Fitness Pal, CTK3989.

Diana3271
12-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I'm up early. :mad: DH turned the heat up last night, so I couldn't sleep and woke up hot this morning. I went to bed before he did and I guess he adjusted it from where I had it. We are going to have to have a talk about the heater when he gets up. :mad: He's normally the warmer person, so I don't know what he was thinking! He's sleeping right now. I should crank the heater up 10 degrees, close the bedroom door and see how well he sleeps this morning. :devil: :D

Lindsey I would have the little one checked as soon as you can. That way you can address the issue and get it off your mind. We have had quite a few issues with our dog Magnum over the years. He is doing well right now, but those things are always upsetting. :hug:

Ekicna I love getting the grilled chicken snack wraps (without sauce) at McDonald's. I get them every weekend. :o They fit in my calories, so it works for me. :D

krampus
12-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I was doing so well today and then I somehow decided it was a good idea to eat somewhere around 15 chocolates at ~60 calories apiece. FAIL

Total is probably about 2300. The last thing I ate was before 6 pm. I'm planning on going to bed at 9 or 10 tonight. On the bright side, I didn't eat anything salty all day.

shellsbrood
12-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Laruen--Yes, I have the recipe. Thank you so much! I went food shopping last night and picked up some tofu just for that. :)

Krampus--Hey, not eating anything salty is a big victory. I constantly struggle with it.

Diana--Awww, I'm sorry about this morning. I hate sleeping in a really hot room. In fact, I love sleeping with a window open even when it gets chilly. Drives Dh batty. Though, in general, dh likes the house cooler than I do. We're always arguing over the thermostat. :lol:

Ekicna--Sounds yummy!

Lindsey--Oh no!! I hope your pup is ok. :( Sending you a hug. :hug:

Cin--You made me laugh when you mentioned the muscles dudes and the smell. :rofl:

Pint-- :( :hug:

Demona--Wow, awesome job on your workout yesterday!! :cp:

Well, I've caught yet another cold from the kids. Yeesh. It just doesn't end here. Luckily, it's just a cold and nothing worse. Nothing a little bit of PJ time, rest and hot tea won't cure. :)

Yesterday, I bought myself a nice, warm, and soft purple PJ. I used to wear dh's sweat pants to bed, but I can't keep them up anymore, so I decided it was time to buy something to sleep in. I guess I didn't realize how much dh's sweat pants didn't fit me anymore. As soon as I came out of the bedroom, my oldest daughter's eyes got wide and she said "Mommy...you've lost weight!!". My dh came over later and said "Where did your butt go?? It's disappeared!" and he pouted. *lol* It's true, though. I've lost a lot of weight in my butt and chest area. :( I would much rather lose it in my tummy and thighs. If we work so hard at weight loss, don't you think we should be able to pick and choose which body part gets smaller? :D