Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #1  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Default To the dreaded Weight Tracker (people not the cool bars on our signature pages)

Dear friend that loves to track my weight,

Yes I gained back ten pounds. It sucks but on occasion it happens. Its the holiday, my first semester of graduate school and so I slipped. I am taking steps to deal with it but I slipped. Don't come into my house on Thanksgiving and comment about how "I have gained weight." Matter of fact, stop talking about my weightloss altogether. When I lose these ten pounds please don't say "wow, good job. You lost weight!" I understand its nice of you to compliment me, but every time you see me there is a weight comment...and ts annoying, there is more to me then weightloss. When you gained 40 pounds I didn't say "So you let yourself go again". Instead I listened and offered my opinion only when asked. When you lost weight, I complimented you only when you brought it up. Why? I didn't want to turn your weight issues into a spectacle. Ok, so sorry if I sound ungrateful but just stop pointing out every little change with my body. Its wierd and makes me feel self concious.

Love,
The friend that gained 10 pounds

Last edited by SkinnyGina; 11-29-2010 at 11:48 AM.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Is your friend Asian? Might want to smack her down a notch or two.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote