Old 11-29-2010, 12:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

Default Final Push - Calling All Maintainers!

I'm in the home stretch! Only 3 weeks left. 27lbs down, 17lbs to go!

So here's the deally-o. I've lost an average of about 2lb/wk. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm a slow loser with a sleepy thyroid so I'm okay with that. Basic math says I won't be hitting my goal before my time is up. On the other hand, my husband has lost 50lbs, is only 10lbs away from his goal, and should hit GW by our final WI.

My plan is to not renew my program, continue eating the same until I do hit my GW, then follow my husband's maintenance program. Anyone who's in maintenance see any problems with this? Does MRC use different Maintenance menus like they do program menus? Does anyone know if the cost to renew is the same as the initial cost to join? I just can't justify spending another $250 to lose 10lbs.

Thanks All!!
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #2  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Pants View Post
I'm in the home stretch! Only 3 weeks left. 27lbs down, 17lbs to go!

So here's the deally-o. I've lost an average of about 2lb/wk. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm a slow loser with a sleepy thyroid so I'm okay with that. Basic math says I won't be hitting my goal before my time is up. On the other hand, my husband has lost 50lbs, is only 10lbs away from his goal, and should hit GW by our final WI.

My plan is to not renew my program, continue eating the same until I do hit my GW, then follow my husband's maintenance program. Anyone who's in maintenance see any problems with this? Does MRC use different Maintenance menus like they do program menus? Does anyone know if the cost to renew is the same as the initial cost to join? I just can't justify spending another $250 to lose 10lbs.

Thanks All!!
I can't answer your question directly, but I'm in a similar situation. My contract ended mid-December, but I renewed (for the second time) for 10 additional weeks on Black Friday. That renewal cost only $59! The last time I renewed it was $99 for 17 additional weeks (also on sale). You are entitled to not only the stabilization but the maintenance for a year for the money you spent. Talk to your center about your concerns - they can work something out for you. I got 2 free weeks for losing over Thanksgiving. My center is also offering 2 free weeks for purchasing 12 boxes of HNS, plus you get the price break for quantity. No way will the renewal cost you $250! They run specials all the time, just ask them when it will come around again. Their focus is customer retention. I hope your center is as great as mine here in Longview, Texas. They are great about working with you to meet your needs!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I think it will work fine. The 4 weeks of stabilization are really important, but I think you can find the menu somewhere here online. At the end of the 4 weeks, they let you know whether you should be on a 1200, 1500 or 1800 cal maintenance and give you that menu - it's basically # of servings based. Most people are on 1200. I'm on 1500 and it's 11-12 servings protein, 4 starch, 2 dairy, 2 veggie, 2 fruit, 2 fat. If I were you, I'd start with the 1200 and wait a few weeks and see if you're still losing. There are a few more starch, veggie and protein choices.

Another thing is that I lost about 7 more lbs during stabilization. I would just ask them to allow you to stabilize. Then, if you want, just continue to eat to lose. They can't force you to eat! The stabilization and maintenance are SOOOOO important - just don't skip them! Let me know if you have any other questions.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

After reading through some threads on here, I've learned this fancy new word, stabilization. I don't know if I was high on "You'll lose 3-5lbs a week here at Metabolic" when my center gave me the spiel and completely missed them telling me about the stabilization or what, but I hadn't heard of it. I only thought there was pre-conditioning, program, then maintenance. So, I'll be asking my center this week about when I should start stabilization.

I'm re-dedicating myself for these next 3 weeks, pushing hard to come as close to my goal as possible. The last 2 weeks or so I've been tailoring the program a bit, sneaking in half a cup of 1% milk, eating an apple for breakfast when I didn't feel like having a bar/eggs, not getting in all my drinks. So starting this morning I'm committing to staying 100% OP until my last day!!

@ladystarride - From reading reviews of how great other centers are, I feel a little gypped on mine. Mine is mainly focused on making sales. I understand it's a business, but every solution to every question isn't to buy another MRC product. I'm glad you enjoy yours though. I bet it makes a big difference!

@hatethesweatpants - Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping you'd respond. You've done so well on the program, you serve as an inspiration to myself and I know to many others. I'll look for the menus tonight.
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

GREAT plan, Sandi Pants. We have to do this whole-heartedly, or why bother? In stabilization, they add back in some things slowly over the course of 4-6 weeks to see how your body responds. In my case, it was dairy and 2 extra starches. When you stop losing, you have a base calorie goal to shoot for.

Also, if they try to sell you something in response to your questions, tell them very clearly that you are not interested in more supplements. Tell them that the program should work without them, and you need support and suggestions that don't involve supplements. They really came through for me when I said that.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote