South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread: Nov. 29-December 5!

BellaLucia
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
t's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

I'm back on track. Today is day 4 of my being on plan since Thanksgiving!

Phase 2

Water: 8 cups
Oranges: 2
Grapes: 15
Green beans and a piece of chicken

Mmckellen
11-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Monday:
b: 2 hard boiled eggs, cup of v8
s: 15 almonds
l: tofu soba noodle soup with broccoli
s: 15 almonds
d: beef stew, brown rice and roasted brussel sprouts

CyndiM
11-29-2010, 07:44 AM
following my own advice to myself - planning and veggies!

B: 1c broccoli, 1 veggie sausage, homemade refried beans, salsa & 1/4 avocado
S: clementine
L: lentil veggie soup (should have another cup of cabbage in there), side salad with hummus/yogurt dressing (2c veggies)
S: kohlrabi slices (1 cup) + salsa for dipping
D: tempeh & collards (2 new recipes from Veganomicon) (2c veggies)
S: probably a glass of wine

exercise - 30m walking, 30m Wii Fit

sophie
11-29-2010, 09:13 AM
phase 2

b - two eggs, slice of ww bread.
l - lentil soup (boy did I make alot but I love it)
s - yogurt and two clementines
s - baked halibut with roasted veggies
s - lf cheese
10 cups of water during the day

30 minutes walk, 15 minutes on bike

Ruthxxx
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Phase II

B. Blackberries, ground flax and ff/sf yogurt
S. V8
L. blackbean and sweet potato soup. Like Cyndi, I'll throw in some cabbage.
S. tangerine
D. pork tenderloin with mushrooms and peppers, quinoa, salad

rdw1
11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Time to get back to whole foods for me! Veggie veggie veggies! and counting calories! 1200-1400 a day~!

B:coffee with almond milk, rf beans, salsa
S: sauteed spinach and garlic, 8 olives
L: stirfry vegetables over wilted cabbage 1tsp toasted sesame oil, braggs, sriracha
S:" " (will make plenty to snack on if I get hungry)
D: Maybe pinto beans, wilted greens, and may try that mock cornbread depending on calories leftover! :)

zeffryn
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Cyndi - Don't you LOOOOVE veganomicon? Vegan on the Cheap is also a great cookbook that I've been loving lately. People come in my kitchen and think we're vegan based on the cookbooks I have, and really, they are just really healthy. It's easy to unveganfy them if I want as well :)

-
P2

1: greek yogurt (the new athenos brand - so so), ezekiel toast w/ .5 tsp. almond butter and a few frozen berries, tea.
2: sweet potato, kale and lentil soup
3: hot tea, apple, string cheese
4: pinto beans, veggie tbd

exercise: 45 min. running, 45 min. kickboxing/step combo class

TallandThin
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Yesterday phase 1.5 actual (I haven't got the hang of planning ahead for today and sticking to it yet - I have a general idea with several options to choose from but nothing firm. Perhaps in time, I'll figure it out but for now, this works)

B - 2 egg scramble w/pico, mushrooms, topped w/salsa and ff sour cream, V-8.
L - Apple and natural peanut butter.
S - ½ cup Ricotta w/splenda, cinnamon, pecans
D - Beans, grn salad w/egg, tomato and lf balsalmic dressing
S - 1 cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, walnuts

EmmaD
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
woo hoo! Lots of lentil soup going on around here! I made some with a whole pound of lentils and I'm the only one eating it, so guess what you are going to see on my plan every day :D. I made mine in the crockpot with butternut squash chunks, which just melted into the soup, and at the end added diced orange pepper. I used Imagine veggie stock (I think I read about it at Kath Eats Real Food) which is great for a soup like this, since it has carrots in it. Yum!

I'm not at home, so I need to run out and by more veggies and fruit. Making do with what I have for now.

B - coffee with lowfat milk. 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese (rinsed) with 1 mandarin orange and a sprinkle of mixed nuts.
L - Lentil soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a fried egg on top. With hot sauce! Romaine lettuce salad. Cup of tea.
S - broccoli and orange pepper slices with spicy hummus
D - curried tuna over multigrain pilaf. I think I will add veggies to this, depending on what I find at the market
dessert - 2 small squares super-dark (85%) chocolate

StarStup
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello all! After too many pieces of pumpkin pie, I'm back on track this morning. I have decided to count calories as well as do SB. This may be a struggle to get in the recommended amt of calories, after everything I am still at under 1000. Any suggestions?

B: 2 hardboiled eggs; 2 cups coffee w/ 2 TBSP ff half and half
S: 2 celery stalks
L: salad (homemade cranberry sauce, turkey, cukes. tomato, rf feta, lettuce), 1/2 c cottage cheese; 1/2 bell pepper
S: 1 oz nuts
D: Red wine chicken (has tomatos) and 1/2 sweet potato
S: tea

zeffryn
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
starstup, i have the same issue. get in more calorie dense items - nut butters, olive oil, etc. etc. I even use full fat greek yogurt if my day is looking light. how about some turkey bacon with breakfast, or some yogurt? what about some peanut butter or laughing cow with your celery? hummus is pretty calorie dense too. You don't seem to be having a lot of food in general, so it might be hard to get your calories up there.

Emma - have you tried the sweet potato, kale and lentil soup that UNT posted? It's awesome. I make it once a week and eat on it for lunches. Even my kids love it. I used green lentils for the last batch instead of brown and it made a lot of difference, i like the green lentils a lot more.

rdw1
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
SO I jumped back in full force today and after breakfast of beans and lunch of veggies and cabbage I may not be able to do the dinner of beans this evening! My stomach is sooo upset with me! I don't remember having quite this much nausea with p1 before... also the rumble is making me think I may not need to stray to far from the bathroom! Oy, sorry I know its TMI, but any suggestions on a nice p1 dinner that may keep my belly a bit happier? If not I will probably just have some veggie broth for dinner.lol

BellaLucia
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Broth is a nice choice, some type of soup would help your tummy a bit!

zeffryn
11-29-2010, 03:41 PM
how about sticking with the trend and making lentil soup? ;)

CyndiM
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
My mom always makes lentil soup for upset tummies. Don't know if it really works but it's always what I want :)

Tallandthin - Did you check the ingredients on the ff sour cream? The brands I've seen around here all have sugar and starches added. I've given up and use Greek yogurt instead.

Usernametaken
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Phase 2

P-Chocolate and PB oatmeal
L-Kale, spinach, and broccoli pizza on ww crust
S-pumpkin hot cocoa (almond milk, cocoa powder, canned pumpkin and spices)
D-Either turkey noodle soup or turkey chili, depending on which Hubs is in the mood for.

I might have to join the lentil soup club this week too. A little strapped for cash this week, and that's a healthy way to eat on the cheap!

rdw1
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks guys! My tummy started feeling better and I stuck with the pintos :) although I may not be feeling as well later since I had a whole box of frozen spinach by myself with them and this morning I had wilted half of a bag I had with some garlic! ... I really do love spinach!

murphmitch
11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Phase II

B: Boiled egg, V8
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
L: Grilled chicken salad (at the mall)
S: Boiled egg, carrots, hummus
D: Chili with ground lean turkey and lots of beans, dollop of RF sour cream, steamed cauliflower
S: Almond butter

TallandThin
11-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Tallandthin - Did you check the ingredients on the ff sour cream? The brands I've seen around here all have sugar and starches added. I've given up and use Greek yogurt instead.

Cyndi, no, I sure didn't and thanks for asking me. I just figured that ff was alright. Just goes to show you how much I have to learn. Here are the ingredients:

Cultured pasteurized nonfat milk and milk modified food starch(corn), whey protein concentrate, propylene glycol, monoester, artifical color, gelatin, sodium phosphate, agar gum, xanthan gum, sodium citrate, locust bean gum, natural flavor, potassium sorbate.

Alright, I confess I don't know what half of the ingredients are. Can you educate me? Which ones are no-nos?

CyndiM
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Cultured pasteurized nonfat milk and milk modified food starch(corn), whey protein concentrate, propylene glycol, monoester, artifical color, gelatin, sodium phosphate, agar gum, xanthan gum, sodium citrate, locust bean gum, natural flavor, potassium sorbate.

Alright, I confess I don't know what half of the ingredients are. Can you educate me? Which ones are no-nos?

That list of ingredients would put me off but I really try to stick as close as possible to whole foods (except for my gum habit :o ). The only one I wonder about is the modified food starch, especially because it's the second ingredient. I'm having trouble getting much information about it. Does it hit blood sugar like corn starch or not? So far I'm not finding anything useful but I'll keep looking because I'm curious. Does anyone have the answer? This is better than some of the ff dairy products I've found.

zeffryn
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I would avoid it, especially in phase 1, because it is corn based. I'm like Cyndi, though and try to stick close to whole foods.

rdw1
11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
I agree... and to me modified food starch is an equivalent to corn starch even if it isn't corn based(I guess thats just how I look at it!) But, I am also one to try to stick to whole foods :)

So I am trying to plan for tomorrow already but I am getting hungry thinking about food! Heating up some hot water and praying I can find a sleepy tea bag, I may be out :(

B: refried beans, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, lettuce. coffee with almond milk
S: -late breakfast
L: leftover pinto beans, spinach
S: grapes
D: bean and rice soup, veggies

TallandThin
11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks you guys. It will either be eaten by DH or go in the garbage.

Mmckellen
11-30-2010, 06:36 AM
tuesday:
B: 2 eggs, V8
S: 15 almonds, baby carrots
L: roasted squash and brussel sprouts, cup of kefir
S: apple
D: split pea soup with ham

sophie
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with ground flax and almond milk
l - lentil soup
s - orange and yogourt
s - tuna and white bean salad with romaine lettuce and tomato
s - lf cheese

Ruthxxx
11-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Phase II

B. blackberries, ground flax seed, ff/sf yogurt
L. Delicious black bean soup, tangerine
D. beef and broccoli with peanut sauce, ww noodles, red,green/yellow pepper stir-fry

Mirabai7
11-30-2010, 09:53 AM
So i was just nauseous from too strong green tea this morning so I ate 4 small melba toasts....ruh-roh.

rdw1
11-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Mirabai- just dust it off and don't let yourself even begin to think you have blown it! Just live and learn and keep on keepin on!
-trust me this is speaking from experience!!!!!

Mirabai7
11-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks Rikki. I have a salmon salad on the menu for lunch and dinner will be good too.

Day 2 of Phase ONE....I hope I am still posting on DAY 14!

Usernametaken
11-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Mirabai7
Even if you slip a little or a lot, keep on posting. You'll get a ton of support and some judgement-free accountability (sp??). This ladies really help you keep on track!

Phase 2
Home sick today, so not going to be a model menu.
Breakfast-Extra zzzs (woke up near noon)
L-roasted zuchhini with lots of salsa in a flatout
S-Coffee with canned pumpkin, almond milk, spices, and splenda (going through a serious pumpkin phase, as in may have to enter pumpkin rehab soon)
D-Hubby's delicious turkey soup, spinach w/ sour cream anda salsa

EmmaD
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Emma - have you tried the sweet potato, kale and lentil soup that UNT posted? It's awesome. I make it once a week and eat on it for lunches. Even my kids love it. I used green lentils for the last batch instead of brown and it made a lot of difference, i like the green lentils a lot more.

I had been eyeing that soup! I will try it when I am back home. Especially if the snails haven't eaten all my kale :) LOVE green lentils. I keep forgetting to buy them. Also the red ones that turn into mush. Love them all.

I just have to say that it's really nice to see how many whole foods fans there are here! The first time I did SBD I veered into scary territory with a lot of "fake" products and artificial sweeteners and it just didn't make me happy philosophically...

My mother recently asked me what "diet" I was on because I ordered a salad with grilled salmon on top at a place that had nachos, sandwiches, etc. It's hard to explain that I am on the whole-foods, pescetarian(?), calorie-counting, limited grains version of South Beach Diet. :dizzy:
I just want to eat what makes me happy and keeps me healthy.

So - menu plan. Exactly the same as yesterday. Yesterday turned into a work crisis day so I just did rough calorie-counting with what I had on hand. I'm not at home and I didn't have time to shop yet. But I did exercise yesterday, yay for that!

Mirabai7
11-30-2010, 01:08 PM
thanks Username! hee hee ....that cracks me up!

just did a 5k on my treadmill in 52 minutes. hahhaha Lightning speed I tell ya!

:-)

zeffryn
11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Mira - we all have to start somewhere. that speed will get faster!

emma - i love making tostadas and tacos with red lentils. they get mushy like refrieds. i usually mix them with black beans for extra fiber.
-
p2
1: chia pudding with a few frozen berries
2: pinto beans topped with a poached egg
3: coffee and we'll see what is lying around the house - maybe a small smoothie
4: arrabiata sauce - supposed to be having whole wheat pasta, but i think i will pick up a spaghetti squash (i feel too bloaty with grains at night)

exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill (mostly running, some incline walking), 45 min. yoga

TallandThin
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Yesterday, phase 1.5

B - Decaf coffee w/sf creamer, mock pancakes, 2 turkey bacon, V-8
L - ¼ cup ff cottage cheese and an apple
S - 1 cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/sf jam
D - Filet mignon, broccoli, SB slaw, cucumber

I think this was better than the past few days. :)

rdw1
11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, today went as planned! I am having some bad thoughts about some not so great food but I will have a few grapes and some sleepy tea and hit the sack with my book :) Wanted to go ahead and plan tomorrow since I tend to not have time in the mornings to plan much...

B: chia smoothie forgot bananas so just fruit, kale, ice and almond milk I guess, coffee sounds a little icky to me though!
S: hummus and carrots
L: leftover bean and rice soup, salad
S: apple with pb
D: gf veggie burger, salad, green beans

zeffryn
12-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I need some help not snacking at night. That seems to be my biggest downfall. It's rather annoying.

-
1: greek yogurt with some frozen peach chunks
2: skinny hazelnut latte
3: lentil soup (lots of veggies in the soup)
4: banana
5: chicken and white bean taco soup (lots of veggies)

exercise: 10 min. warmup on treadmill, 45 min. strength training, 45 min. step/kickboxing combo class

Mmckellen
12-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Wednesday
B: 2 hb eggs, spicy lo-sodium V8
S: 15 almonds, cup of lowfat plain kefir, carrots
L: split pea soup with ham; roasted squash and brussel sprouts
D: spagetti squash with tomato sauce (inspired by you, Zeffryn!)

TallandThin
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Lex, Evenings are my "hard time" too. So far haven't strayed by eating off plan but have definitely had more on plan foods than I should have at times. Have to really get a handle on that.

Yesterday I was out and about so here is actual phase 1.5

B - 1 HB egg and V-8
L - ½ of a Jim Boy tostada with no tortilla and extra lettuce.
S - 1 cup nf plain Greek yogurt w/sf jam
D - ½ of a Jim Boy tostada with no tortilla and extra lettuce.
S - 1 cup nf plain Greek yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, walnuts

zeffryn
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
tallandthin - i'm not eating off plan foods either, just a lot of on plan foods. i have to tackle this before we leave for vacation in two weeks -- that will be a huge problem if i'm snacky at night on vacation because snacky on vacation translates to christmas cookies and ice cream.

made an awesome lentil stew today.

I sauteed an onion with half a red bell pepper and 2 cloves of chopped garlic. When it browned a bit, I threw in 1 medium sweet potato (chopped) and 1 2/3 cups of brown or green lentils. Stir to toast a bit and then add 4 cups of water and a jar of NSA pasta sauce (I like Ragu Light Tomato Basil). Reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes and lentils are soft. EASY and delicious. It makes a ton too.

Can you tell I'm trying to clear out our pantry?

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Breakfast: 2 TBSP low sugar peanut butter on celery

Lunch: salmon salad with romaine, spinach, red peppers, lemon garlic olive oil dressing

snack: 15 almonds and a cheese stick

dinner:

spaghetti squash with veggie marinara.....and a glass of red wine???? danger, danger!

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
SERIOUSLY.....how am I going to get through Day 3/P1 without having that glass of red with my spaghetti squash marinara with dinner tonight?

:yikes:

EmmaD
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, I need to watch my calories better. Yesterday, I ate "on plan" but with some additions. Between the 1 oz of nuts, the 1/2 whole wheat pita with egg white salad and 2 small squares of chocolate added to my plan, I was up in the mid-1500 calories. Apparently I gain on that - I've been up 0.5 lbs/day in the last 3 days :( (the scale I'm using only measures in 1/2 lb increments).

Today. Phase 2.

B - coffee with half & half (HAVE to stop using this but it's in the fridge where I'm staying. Ick. I measured today - 70 cal just for my coffee). Fat free cottage cheese with 1/2 ruby red grapefruit and lots of cinnamon.
L - Lentil/butternut squash soup with chopped kale added :); 1/2 whole wheat pita with egg white salad and full of Romaine lettuce
S - broccoli and red pepper strips with hummus
D - UNFORTUNATELY at a (non-dieting) friend's house. I will bring roasting veggies and we will have salad, hopefully I can stick to just that
dessert - Greek yogurt. 1 clementine. Cup of decaf chai tea with almond milk.

that's under 900 cal not including dinner, so hopefully I can keep dinner reasonable, 400 or so.

weezle
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Mira - Don't cave!!!!!!!!! You can totally do it! Once upon a time I thought I would die without beer (just ask the girls, they know!) Now if I drink, it's a glass of red wine, MAYBE 2 if it's a wedding or something. But not if I'm on Phase 1.

Get through your 2 weeks of Ph1 and then you can treat yourself to a glass of red with your spaghetti squash marinara. Don't throw your hard work away!

- Lisa

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
LISA Stay with me!!! hahahhahaha

SRsly...

the drama will begin at 7 when I am done for the day and I stay in my office suite overnight ALONE!!!! with nothing but ME, my marinara, and a Black Box full of Merlot..hahhahahha

weezle
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Girlfriend I'm telling you, donnnnnnnnnnn't do it! Flush it down the toilet. Give it away to a co-worker. You can always buy more merlot. I'm 5'3" and started at 160 and have been up and down for 6 years trying to get the weight off. It's hard, especially when you don't have much to lose. DO NOT sabotage yourself after 3 days! You'll regret it.

sophie
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
so far so good - phase 2

b - 2 scrambled eggs, half a grapefruit
l - rueben - 1 slice whole wheat, 1 oz montreal smoke meat, sauerkraut and some lf cheese (comfort food)
s - yogurt with cinnamon and sf raspberry syrup
s - crack slaw with green peppers, zucchini and shrimp
s - 12 almonds

did quite a bit of walking Christmas shopping

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Weezle, hahahaha!!!! My gosh, I am SO encouraged by your stats!!! I can't hardly imagine my body ever getting back into the 130's but your numbers rock!

OK...I will SO not have the wine tonight!!! I wont, I wont I wont!!!! LOL @ giving it away...it is a BOX FULL....Black Box is pretty drinkable too....hee hee....

Usernametaken
12-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Phase 2
B-pb/chocolate oatmeal
L-kale, spinach, and broccoli pizza on ww crust
S-LF cottage cheese
D-ww pasta with roasted red pepper sauce, spinach, and lean ground beef

Totally bragged on you all today. One of my colleagues asked me how I'd lost the weight, and I sent her a link to our forums :)

CyndiM
12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Breakfast: 2 TBSP low sugar peanut butter on celery

Mira - was this no sugar PB?

zeffryn
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Mira, Weezle is totally right. Stay far far away from the wine on P1. It is the one thing that causes me to craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave more than anything else. I could eat the entire house after 1 glass of wine. I used to be a wine freak, now I have it very occasionally. The fact that I drink it less means that when I do, I can buy expensive bottles ;)

ok....and the challenge begins. it's almost 7. time for the snacky monster to come out.

i had dinner (some chicken taco soup that was *so* good!) and some water...i think i'm going to hop into the shower and then into bed with my kindle and shut the kitchen/pantry lights off.

I can do this...I can do this...I can do this...

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Here is the length I am going to in order to avoid wine....I am driving home which is an hour drive to spend the night with my husband rather than stay up here in my office suite which I usually do....can't drink and rive, right? And there is NO wine at my house. This means tomorrow I have to turn around and drive right back another hour to work in the morning!!!! But I am COMMITTED!!!! Love you feisty women already!!!!

And Zeefryn, death to seven o'clock snacky monster!!!!

zeffryn
12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
wooooooooooooo! see, told you you would like it around here. this is the place for a hug and a swift kick to the rear when you need them.

Mirabai7
12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
OK!!! I just made it home, an hour's drive, and I am bundled in my jammies eating my sgetti squash with marinara and NO wine in sight!

Feels good to be home too.

On that peanut butter someone asked me about earlier....it is that fifty 50 brand with only 1 gram of sugar...

Hope everyone is as bundled in as I am right now.
It's cold here in the Ozarks!

rdw1
12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey ladies! 3 days 100% completely OP! That sounds insane but I am very proud of myself! I can't remember the last time I did that! and I am sure I wouldn't have been able to without you guys! Gotts keep this up! Feeling better already!
Tonight I ended up having asian food with my fancy new chopsticks since DH was gone(he won't eat asian) everything else was as planned, and dinner was still OP!

Plan for tomorrow will be...
B:coffee with almond milk
S: carrots, celery and hummus
L: leftover asian stirfry(broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, onions, brown rice pasta)
S: apple with pb
D: cabbage soup

ACTUAL:
B:same
S: banana
L: same
S:-
D: veggie burger on lettuce and tomato, pickles, fresh green beans, sweet potato fries

Still need to tally my calories up for the day! I am sure I sayed under 1500 though~!

murphmitch
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Phase II

B: Veggie omelet, V8
S: RF cheese stick
L: Crockpot Creamy Mexican Casserole (My new favorite dish!)
S: Carrots, hummus, Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Large salad with grilled chicken and black beans
S: Dark chocolate with almond butter

zeffryn
12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
update: heading to bed...no snacking at all, even when I went into the kitchen to make DH his breakfast and clean up dinner dishes. whew. the first night is always the hardest.

TallandThin
12-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Zef, good going! :cheer: Same here..............no extra servings tonight!

Today, phase 1.5

B - 2 egg scramble w/lots of spinach, mushrooms, pico, salsa, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
D - Navy beans, grn salad w/tomato, radish, mushrooms, and Annie’s lite dressing.

Mirabai7
12-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Zeff we did make it thru the night! hahaha yey!!!

Thanks for all the support. It does help.

Now...hello Thursday.

zeffryn
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
p2

1: ezekiel toast w/ peanut butter and a few frozen berries, greek yogurt
2: lentil soup
3: apple
4: leftovers night (everything we have is on plan), salad

exercise: 60 min. treadmill, maybe yoga

StarStup
12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hello all! Here's to an on plan day!

B: coffee w/ half and half; tea; 2 hard boiled eggs
S: celery w/ peanut butter
L: Indian turkey stew; 1/2 bell pepper; cabbage; apple
S: rf string cheese; turkey pepperoni
D: zucchini boats w/ ground turkey
S: tea; piece of dark chocolate

I need to eat more in the morning for breakfast...but reading a book and drinking coffee before work is soooo much more appealing!

sophie
12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with almond milk, coffee
l - salad with hard boil eggs
s - two clementines, yogurt
s - fajitas no tortilla, (green pepper, mushrooms and bean sprouts)
s - 12 almonds (counting out and bagging really helpful)

exercise - 40 minute walk. Its to muddy to do the trails right now

u

Mmckellen
12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Thursday
B: 2 hb eggs, 1/4 avocado, cup of spicy ls V8
S: 15 almonds, carrots, 1 cup plain kefir
L: split pea soup with ham, roasted squash and brussel sprouts
S: chia fresca and an apple
D: spicy asian-style soup with pork and veggies (home made)

weezle
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Mira, I'm quite proud! Nicely done!!! I will say to chuck the 50/50 PB and get yourself some nice natural PB - ingredients should only be Peanuts and Salt. Even that 1 gram of sugar will hinder your loss and screw with your blood sugar!

And thanks, by the way. I actually made it down to 113 at one point. I went from XXXL tops and size 16 pants to XS tops and size 2 pants. I had never been a size 2 in my life. If you stick to it, you will have amazing results and you will feel INCREDIBLE. I let myself go after Chris and I got together so now I'm trying to get back to where I need to be.

3 days 100% OP!!!! Wooohoo!

zestfest
12-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Thursday
B: 2 eggs with cheese
L: Salad with turkey and cheese
S: Carrots, V8, laughing cow
D: Chicken breast and zuchinni

I should probably cut back on the cheese. Oops.

EmmaD
12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Strange day today. I'm eating lightly because I have three social events in the afternoon/evening that I can't get out of and I can't bring something to...

Phase 2

B - coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Big walk
Brunch - Lentil/butternut squash/kale soup with fried egg on top. 1 clementine.
S - cup of tea. No cookies!!
S - glass of red wine (happy hour) don't know what food I could find that would be on plan; a small serving of a cheese plate would be lovely!
D - Vietnamese restaurant. I will get tofu & broccoli or similar, and hope that they have brown rice, otherwise, that's it.
dessert - back at home - 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt. An apple with nuts or peanut butter if I managed to eat lightly out...

TallandThin
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Emma - Good for "no cookies" :cheer:. Hope you make it through this afternoon/evening's events. By the way, someone (sorry, but I can't remember who) mentioned the other day that their nf plain yogurt contained 16 grams of protein. It got me to look at the brand that I am eating and darn if it doesn't have 23! Gosh, I'm doing something right!

cottagebythesea
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Phase 2 -

B. Oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla almond milk w/chopped apple
L. vegetarian chili topped with diced avocado, lf Colby Jack cheese, and a dollop of nf Greek yogurt
S. Honey Crisp apple
D. shirataki topped with tomato/Alfredo sauce (made with Laughing Cow cheese and 1/4 cup marinara, and a handful of mushrooms)
S. SF chocolate mint mousse

rdw1
12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Tomorrow's plan...
B: coffee with almond milk
S: banana
L: Amy's gf,vegan meal
S: carrots and celery with hummus
D: taco salad

I WILL hit the gym tomorrow! I am not giving up on the December challenge! If I can find time this month I know I can find time any month!!!!! :)

SO- I didn't really stick with the plan, but stayed op...
B: same
S: snacky bar
L: lentil soup, salad, green beans
S:-
D: brown rice cereal with almond milk

Gotta up the veggies tomorrow!
:hug: to all you ladies and your support!

zeffryn
12-02-2010, 09:59 PM
argh. totally annoyed by my sister-in-law and her constant "head-in-butt" syndrome.

-
dinner changed for tonight since i had to look for my keys for two hours before i left for the gym. anybody want a 4-year old who occasionally hides keys in places "that you'll never find them"...and then forgets where that place is? DH took me out to the local Jason's Deli for a salad because he knew I didn't want to cook.

Ended up having a salad with some hummus and a half spinach/veggie wrap, a few cantaloupe chunks, 2 strawberries and some apple slices.

no snacking this evening either. DH and I are going to watch a movie.

murphmitch
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salad with grilled chicken & navy beans
S: Carrots, hummus, skinny latte
D: Pork tenderloin, veggies, hummus
S: Almond butter, dark chocolate

TallandThin
12-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Today was a good "on plan" day - phase 1.5

B - 1 HB egg, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
L - Fuji apple and string cheese
S - ½ cup Ricotta cheese w/cinnamon, splenda, vanilla, and walnuts
D - Pork tenderloin, brussels sprouts, grn salad w/lots of vegs and Annie’s lite dressing

sophie
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with almond milk
l - black bean and pumpkin soup
s - orange and yogourt
s - beef stir fry with brown rice
s - glass of wine with a sliver of brie

mom4yehoshua
12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
noticed many of you are not doing the BSLSDS meal versions in the book? Will it still work without the additional snacks? I see mostly BLSD. Im in phase one and am trying to use that meal plan in the book (with minor tweaks due to funds and such).
Today:
B:2eggs w/2mushrooms, green onion, and lf cheese; veggie juice, and coffee with nonsugar,nondairy creamer.
s: 2 honey ham turkey rollups (very little ham and no pepper though)
L: 1 wing of roasted chicken, 1/2 cup spinach leaves, and 1 whole artichoke (1 tbsp for dressing)
s:yellow and green squash slices w/ hummus
d:2 chicken tenderloins with leftover chefs salad (modified with more veggies than meat), and 2 left over broiled tomato halves.
s: almond cottage cheese creme (modified ricatta)

mom4yehoshua
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Last question: Is it alright to plan for the holidays to allow a day to eat foods not SBD compliant? I would be in the second phase and would relinquish only a day to have some unique foods. Any thoughts? Im not worried about falling off the diet, I know myself there. I am just curious if this would make me have to go back to phase one the next day or something horrendous like that.

also, is it normal to get dizzy on phase one? I eat more that enough in my opinion. Never hungry or full. I also notice my body acting quite differently to the caffiene in my coffee. I am having no hunger pains from it, but also am having wierd feelings in my chest like my heart is slowing down...like a pressure. No pain though, which is good. Any thoughts or experiences similar. any other effects I should know about, like dry skin LOL.

Usernametaken
12-03-2010, 07:09 PM
B-oatmeal with almond milk
L-Veggie salad at chipotle
S-ww toast with roasted red pepper hummus
D-brown rice jambalaya with turkey sausage

rdw1
12-03-2010, 10:47 PM
mom4- LOL, a day horrendous like p1?! LOL, is it that bad? In all honesty I think the majority of us eat p1 plus fruit and maybe add a grain in here and there... but the majority is p1... The diet works if you stick with it- check out the SBD FAQ section- also the transitioning phases thread may help you out... I believe its called whats your combo or something of the sort... The meal plan in the book is just for guidelines, you don't have to eat exactly that is printed if its food you don't enjoy- just make sure you stay within the p1 foods:)

My meal plan for tomorrow...

B: coffee with almond milk
S: 1/2 lentil soup
L: big salad, maybe amy's gf vegan meal
S: carrots and hummus
D: gf, vegan appetizers at the party 2 glasses wine

TallandThin
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Today I ate (phase 1.5)

B - 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
L - apple and string cheese
S - nf plain Greek yogurt w/cinnamon, walnuts
D - veggi chili w/ turkey sausage
S - nf plain Greek yogurt w/cinnamon, walnuts

Oh no, what happened to the vegs? I don't see 4 1/2 cups here! Better job tomorrow.

Usernametaken
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Phase 2
Posting meal by meal today, since I haven't planned dinner yet (grocery shopping day)
B-spinach, mango, and strawberry smoothie w/ almond milk and cocoa powder
L-Spinach feta egg wrap, large coffee w/ skim milk
D-steak, roasted broccoli, spinach and mushroom saute
S-1.5 servings v8 with some Franks Red Hot :)

mom4yehoshua
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Phase 1

B: 2eggs w/ lf cheese and 2 mushrooms, veggie juice, and coffee w/ sf creamer
s: 15 cashews
l:1 6oz can of tuna mixed with 2tbsp mayo, herbs, salt, pepper, 1/2 stalk of celery
lots o salad with lotso veggies...2-3 cups, mostly lettuce with a light drizzle of ranch
s:cottage cheese and tomatoes with cucumber
dinner:fish, left over salad, and maybe some roasted veggies...not sure.
dessert:Almond Ricatta creme

mom4yehoshua
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok, so my dinner changed....don't know if this is good or bad, let me know.

Instead of fish, I had the left over roasted chicken (it was on day two in the fridge and my hubby wont finish the chicken, after the white meat is gone). I ate much of the meat on the bones, but not all of it. I avoided the fats and the skin as much as possible. Of course, it was all dark meat. Id say I ate about 1/2 a cup at most of the meat. Reason being...

I ate a cup of left over cauliflower mashed potatoes, and a heaping 1 1/2 cup of broccoli. And... I made one celery stick with a wedge of the lite swiss cheese spread (you know what I mean...lol).

I was filled before I began on the meat, but I did have the meat.

Any thoughts, or did I do alright. I had a strong craving for the chicken, so I went for it. Also, I didn't want it to go bad either. :o

Usernametaken
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Mom4, I don't see anything to beat yourself up about in your dinner.
Posting meal by meal again
B-Scrambled eggs with sundried tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and cheddar, 1 slice WW Toast, 1 strip turkey bacon (DH made it, so a bit of butter was involved. I refuse to quibble when a man makes me breakfast in bed)
L-apple, spinach, and cheddar sammich on a sandwich flat
D-pork and veggie stirfry with peanut sauce

Mirabai7
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I just ate an entire eggplant.

TallandThin
12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Yesterday I ate (phase 1.5) Skipping again. Hopefully will do better today.

L - apple and string cheese
D - salso chicken with grn salad w/lots of vegs and Annie's lite dressing
S - 1 cup nf plain greek yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, pecans

EmmaD
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
noticed many of you are not doing the BSLSDS meal versions in the book? Will it still work without the additional snacks? I see mostly BLSD. Im in phase one and am trying to use that meal plan in the book (with minor tweaks due to funds and such).

Yeah, I don't really do a snack in the morning. I usually have my coffee, then exercise. By the time I eat breakfast, it's getting close to lunch time, so no snack in there. BUT I often have two snacks between lunch and dinner, especially if we are eating late. I almost always include a "dessert" snack after dinner :) I think in general, once you have the guidelines down, you can tweak as you like to fit your life.

All that being said, I am UP a couple of pounds from my days away from home. I thought I could out-exercise my binge-y eating. Oh well.

Phase 1.5 NO grains.
B - coffee with soy milk
yoga class
Brunch - mediterranean salad (Romaine lettuce with shrimp, kalamata olives, tomatoes, peppers and a little feta cheese with vinaigrette) - at a pizza restaurant!
S - broccoli and orange pepper strips with hummus
S - 1/2 apple with lowfat cheddar cheese
D - veggie sausages with sauteed cabbage/carrots/tomato paste
dessert - nonfat Greek yogurt with raw walnuts and 1 tiny clementine

TallandThin
12-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Today I ate (phase 1.5) Still having a problem getting all my meals in but am aware of it and trying to work on it.

L - Large green salad w/radish, onion, chicken, cucumber, edamame and Annie's lite dressing.
S - One cup Greek nf plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda, walnuts.
D - Mock pancakes w/sf syrup, 1 turkey bacon

I'm having a problem finding ff, lf or lite salad dressings that don't have some form of sugar in the ingredients. Any suggestions? I've also notice that the SB ranch dressing is getting harder to find. Wonder why?