General chatter - what does your log-in mean?

View Full Version : what does your log-in mean?

kathrynk
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I always get curious as to the meanings behind peoples' log-in names. Mine's pretty simple. Kathryn is my first name and K is my middle initial. But some of you out there have me baffled :) It's kinda like vanity plates, always trying to figure out the meaning!

pipernoswiper
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
mine is because i have a food thieving dog named piper :) she is the all black dog in the pic.....she follows me everywhere, laying on the couch right now, right beside me, just waiting for me to bring some new morsel her way :)

Ciao
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/divider-2.jpg
Ciao;

Pretty simple. "Hello" or "goodbye" in Italian.
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/divider-2.jpg

Pint Sized Terror
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm short, and I like to think I'm an utter terror! LOL :D

DingoK8
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
My name is Kate, and when I was trying to think of a name, my super muttly mutts were sitting at my feet. My dogs are so muttastic that they kind of resemble dingoes. So I wound up with DingoKate (DingoK8).

sacha
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
It's my dog's name :)

shcirerf
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Last name spelled backwards!

krampus
11-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Krampus is a monster in Austro-Bavarian mythology who serves as the anti-Saint Nicholas. St. Nick rewards the good kids and Krampus punishes the bad kids by beating them with birch saplings and a rusty chain.

http://www.lyberty.com/blog/2006/12/krampus.jpg

rainbowstripe
11-28-2010, 10:56 PM
krampus I always wondered about yours! What a delightful story :P

Mine...I've used the same name for a few sites for many many years now, it comes from a chewing gum I used to like when I visited America - I don't actually think it's called Rainbow Stripe gum, but it's striped gum and I think it has a zebra on the packet...maybe?

Ciao
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
krampus I always wondered about yours! What a delightful story :P

Mine...I've used the same name for a few sites for many many years now, it comes from a chewing gum I used to like when I visited America - I don't actually think it's called Rainbow Stripe gum, but it's striped gum and I think it has a zebra on the packet...maybe?

Yes! My favorite kind of gum! :D

http://www.whydidyouwearthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/fruite-stripe-gum1.jpg

Shopaholic1204
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
One of my favorite books (and series) is Confessions of a Shopaholic. And I'm a shopaholic too!! LoL!!

Rochester
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Krampus is a monster in Austro-Bavarian mythology who serves as the anti-Saint Nicholas. St. Nick rewards the good kids and Krampus punishes the bad kids by beating them with birch saplings and a rusty chain.

Holy crap! :fr: :lol:

My name is from "Jane Eyre." I've read the book about 20 times and have seen every film version of the book that was ever made. Jane has such fortitude in the face of adversity, is always true to herself, and she never stops believing in her dreams. But I didn't want to use "Jane" because (1) it's common and (2) everyone would think it was my real name. So I chose Rochester, the name of the man Jane falls in love with. Also, my real name is more commonly a male name, so it works in that regard as well.

rainbowstripe
11-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Ciao YES!!! That stuff!!! Oh man I loved that stuff, would buy it every time I visited the US. I wonder if they still make it. Definitely not called rainbow stripe haha... oh well!

Aislin
11-29-2010, 03:02 AM
I love the name Aislin....I use it for most of my online stuff. So much more interesting than my own name.

Robsia
11-29-2010, 03:40 AM
One of my favourite book characters is from the Pern dragonrider series. He actually isn't a dragonrider - he is the MasterHarper and his name is Robinton. So my name is a feminisation of his. I actually made it up to join a Pern forum some years ago and have used it ever since.

emaline29
11-29-2010, 07:11 AM
I always hated my actual name which is Margaret and when going to a concert the guitarist was called "H" so I wanted to be called "M". However it's not easy to get that over to people so it became Emm and lengthened a bit just for forum purpose. All my friends call me Emm. My family just thought it was very funny and mocked any time I reminded them that's what I wanted to be called so I eventually gave up. It always gives me a real boost when my friends call me Emm. Strange what an effect a name can have.

Ruthxxx
11-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Ruth is my real name but there was another Ruth on the Forum. I added xxx and that stuck. Of course, lots of folks think it's because I'm XXX-rated!

SheriWantsToRun
11-29-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm Sheri.. and I want to run :P

Slim CB
11-29-2010, 08:33 AM
My initials are CB and the goal is to be slim :)

Pudgebrownie
11-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Mines simple. I started off "pudgy" and I'm brown skinned. Thus Pudgebrownie! Hubby actually thought of it and I thought it was cute!

CanadianCutie
11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm Canadian, and my boyfriend says I'm cute. I've gone through several forum names (on other forums) over the years, but I like this one.

Shopaholic1204
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I forgot to mention that the 1204 is the day I got married (Dec. 4). On my email address, I use 120404..which is the date & year.

Eliana
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Holy crap! :fr: :lol:

My name is from "Jane Eyre." I've read the book about 20 times and have seen every film version of the book that was ever made. Jane has such fortitude in the face of adversity, is always true to herself, and she never stops believing in her dreams. But I didn't want to use "Jane" because (1) it's common and (2) everyone would think it was my real name. So I chose Rochester, the name of the man Jane falls in love with. Also, my real name is more commonly a male name, so it works in that regard as well.

Oh, I love Jane Eyre! And yet I never connected it. :dizzy: My all time favorite, though, is Wuthering Heights. There are some passages I could just read again and again and again.

"Eliana" is quite simply my chosen Hebrew name. It means "God has answered".

FrouFrou
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
It's a band

Koshka
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Koshka is Russian for cat .... I love cats!

morphomel
11-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I've got a tattoo of a blue morpho butterfly and my name is Melanie, thus morphomel.

goodforme
11-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Way back a million years ago, I made up this name thinking "it will be good for me, I'm going to get healthy."

But now I think of it as an affirmation, my own little pat on the back to myself.

HadEnough
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Had Enough............Need I say more? I have had enough of being fat.:dance: (that's supposed to be the Michelin Man-LOL!)

bitetoobreakkskin
11-29-2010, 02:04 PM
its the name of a song from a band called senses fail. the song is called bite to break skin (i just added a few extra letters :)) hence-bitetoobreakkskin

Ciao
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Ciao YES!!! That stuff!!! Oh man I loved that stuff, would buy it every time I visited the US. I wonder if they still make it. Definitely not called rainbow stripe haha... oh well!

Yes, they definitely still make it. But now
they've added other different flavors. :)

vdander24
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Goodness!!! Didn't think it would be so much fun to read all those! Thanks for the lift...

OH.. mine is rather plain. first initial,middle initial, part of my last name, and my college softball number, I think (not sure if it is on there)

Aunty Jam
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
My sister has a set of twins and I was teaching them how to say my name (not Jamie btw..) and they were stuck on the J. The girl twin has quite the sense of humor and called me Aunty Jam (like the food) then started laughing her head off. We all thought it was funny and it's just kind of stuck... they're 9 years old now and still call me Aunty Jam.

KayNicole
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Some of you are so creative!

Krampus- I minored in childrens lit. and did a lot of research in folk lore and fairy tale history. I was kind of tickled I knew that one. :)

Rainbow- OMG I love that stuff!! I haven't thought of it for years but it was my favorite as a kid too.

Mine is boring... my first and middle name.

rainbowsandponies
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Because I like rainbows and ponies. :lol:

Elladorine
11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Siren + Serenity = Sirenity :)

just keep swimming
11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Dory from Finding Nemo! Just keep swimming swimming swimming! :D

Krampus - I've always wondered, so I'm glad you answered!

MiZTaCCen
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Miztaccen = Miss Taken I get mistaken alot or I'm missunderstood haha. I dunno a friend of mine YEARS ago came up with it for me and it's stuck with me ever since.

kathrynk
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
thanks for all the answers! I'll admit that krampus and kaplods specifically intrigued me :) And funnily enough, I just learned about the stick wielding child beater recently, but didn't know what it was called! glad we just get coal :)

foodmasochist
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
cuz i'm kinky :o And before i found this site i started my blog and i wanted something to reflect my personality (kinky-rebellious-fun-we will leave the bad traits out) and something that people might remember.

-fm

Flamethrower
11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I was thinking of Pokemon when I registered for the forum. Flamethrower is a fire attack =) Hence my Charmander avatar too *andhe'ssocuuuute*

Harsdottir
12-02-2010, 04:14 PM
My whole name and tags are a nod to mythology, and alternative philosophy

Har is one of the names of Odin
Dottir means daughter in Icelandic

so "child of har" is har's dottir

"Six rayed star" has a complicated meaning.

It can be known as the unicursal hexagram, or it can represent a concept in mysticism known as Tiferet/Tiphareth, or it can represent the Jewish symbol known as the Star of David. All those subjects tend to be discussed at length in many theosophical and western esoteric communities.

4xcharm
12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut's gottem
Yipes Stripes, it's fruit striped gum
Yipes, Stripes, Five different flavors
Get Beechnut Fruit Striped Gum!

That's the jingle from the old black and white tv commercial
Must have been the early 60's

4th times the charm (concentrating on keeping it off this time)

cincimini
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Krampus - I was wondering if that was where your name came from. I remember being scared to death of the Krampus when I was little :lol:. They aren't that bad anymore now, but my mom says the Krampuses used to walk the streets and really beat kids with metal chains when she was little. That's what I call good German parenting! :lol:

My name (cincimini) is simply 'Cinci' b/c I used to live in Cincinnati and 'mini' b/c I drive a mini cooper. That's really the only thing 'mini' about me :lol:. I've used that name on other forums and many people now call me Cin in real life, too.

Wysteria
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Horribly unoriginal, I'm afraid:

I'm a My Little Pony collector and Wysteria is my favourite pony >.>