Old 11-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Flu

I've been on the IP diet for about 2 months now, I only have 3 weeks left and this weekend I got the flu. I didn't know what I was suppose to eat once I felt like eating. I tried e-mailing my coach, but I haven't heard from her. Yesterday I ate an oatmeal package and soda crackers, but ended up throwing up again. I drank a vitamin water, some gingerale, soda crackers and chicken noodle soup. I felt extremly guilty but needed to eat something. Any suggestions?
pookiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiepie View Post
I've been on the IP diet for about 2 months now, I only have 3 weeks left and this weekend I got the flu. I didn't know what I was suppose to eat once I felt like eating. I tried e-mailing my coach, but I haven't heard from her. Yesterday I ate an oatmeal package and soda crackers, but ended up throwing up again. I drank a vitamin water, some gingerale, soda crackers and chicken noodle soup. I felt extremly guilty but needed to eat something. Any suggestions?
You can eat anything you can keep down. Just eat it very slowly and get back as high a fluid level as possible. The IP chicken soup is very good at this time because of it's high salt content.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #3  

Well, I ate Campbell's chicken noodle soup and saltine cracker's. For supper I was feeling better and went back to eating normal. I had roast beef, asparagus, and cucumbers. I plan on going back to eating normally but while I was sick I didn't know how not to eat other food.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Don't worry about it! when you are sick your health comes first. It is highly likely people who are on this plan will get sick. The stress our bodies go through on this diet can make some of us more likely to fall ill if exposed.

As Linden says, "eat what you can keep down." Stay very well hydrated. Just avoid juice. Decaffeinated herb teas are great for this. Also, some of the herbal teas are specifically formulated for cold/breathing/flu/sore throat symptoms and are helpful.

It is good to know ahead of time that you can use diet ginger ale. You can make a homemade fresh ginger tea. You can use a low sodium low carb chicken broth. You can use any of the IP soups, keep a few on hand even if you hate them.

I ate boiled chicken breast and boiled ground chicken breast when I was sick.

If you get medicine, make sure your doctor writes for a diabetic or sugar free option if it is available. THEN make sure that is what the pharmacist filled.

You can use sugar free cough drops and cough syrups. Make sure they do not have maltodextrin if you can avoid it. This particular sugar alcohol actually activates insulin production.

Feel better soon.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #5  

Thank you for the help. Yeah I should of got diet gingerale. I didn't think of that. Well I'm starting to feel better. I stayed home today just to fully recover.