South Beach Diet - Wicked Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Wicked Weekend Chat

BellaLucia
11-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanksgiving is done with, next up X-mas! Xmas isn't a big eating day for me so I should be fine from here on out! I'm looking to get down to 286lbs by 12/31.

BelovedK
11-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Good morning Okie :)

I'm glad Xmas isn't the hard one for you. You're doing great :)

I am in the way to work. I made some quinoa chickpea pilaf, it is P2 and yummy, if anyone wants the recipe, it is vegan (from Veganomicon) I'm taking it for lunch. I need to get back with it now that I am feeling better (but still coughing a lot) I am working today, thankfully.

Have a wonderful OP day peeps :wave:

Lexxiss
11-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Hi, Okie, and thanks for getting us started! Keep on truckin', girl!

BelovedK, your recipe sounds yummy! Post it in our recipe section. I'm wondering if you ended up having a quiet day, yesterday....Have a great day!

Ruth, :hug: sorry to hear about your friend and her husband.

Me, trying to get my shelter paperwork caught up-it requires the internet and it was just too slow yesterday. Otherwise I think I'll just stay home and play holiday weekend.

annieoh
11-27-2010, 07:24 AM
P90X - Kenpo. Strange, sorta fun, but most importantly DONE. That makes week one down, 12 weeks to go. To recap: The strength days were totally doable at 300+ pounds, with modifications that are pretty easy to manage. The cardio days (Kenpo and Plyometrics) both required significant modification for me as I don't jump, but again totally doable. Oddly (at least to me) the one that I simply couldn't do was ... YogaX. I've ordered HeavyWeight Yoga 2 to do in it's place as I couldn't even figure out how to modify the basic stances that YogaX required of me. But that means next week, I'm ready to kick Yoga's butt.

Today is a manicure, then wrapping gifts, and relaxing.

Hope you all have a super, on-plan day!

Ruthxxx
11-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks for starting us up, Okie. I'm glad you feel confident about the next big event.

Beloved, glad to hear you are feeling better. It's never fun having a cold but is always worse this time of year.

Ah yes ... Christmas! It's not hard foodwise for me although there seems to be a lot of liquid cheer. I have several parties in the next week so will have to be careful. I find completely avoiding sweets is key. This month the police are enforcing zero tolerance for driving after alcohol so I will be designated driver for my friends which keeps me pure. Losing your licence for 90 days is a good incentive!

We are still reeling over Wade's suicide attempt yesterday and the Village is reacting as usual. My fridge is now full of potato salad, chicken, ham and other things that folks took to Joanne's house last night. Liz and I are going over there around eight to be with Joanne until her family arrives from out west later today.

Tonight is another Celebrate The Season night here in Delta; spaghetti supper, Nativity Pageant, wagon rides through the park to see the light displays, visits to Santa's workshop and tours of the Mill. I'm doing the Mill tours from 4 until after 8 and will NOT be in period costume. It's very, very cold in an old stone mill with water running through it. No heating of course but we do have electricity so I may be able to have a heater to warm me up between tours.

Time for another coffee and some breakfast before I march into my day.

cottagebythesea
11-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Good morning everyone. Jake and I both slept in this morning and we have to drop his car off at the shop at 7:30, so this will be a quickie!

Ruth, I hope everyone in your village is starting to come to terms with the tragic suicide attempt, and that Joanne and her children are doing OK. It's wonderful that all of you are rallying around her to give her comfort and companionship. How is Wade doing, do you think he'll pull through and be able to get some counseling? :hug: to you today, and always.

I'll be back later, as we're rushing around right now!

CyndiM
11-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Once again the cats have declared that 7 is absolutely the latest I am allowed to sleep in, little monsters.

Ah, I hear my favorite sound. Back after I pour a large mug.

that's better -

Okie - How was your weigh-in the other day? I think I missed an update.

Beloved - I just added that cookbook. I"ll have to check that recipe out. thanks for the tip

Debbie - Happy holiday weekend

Annie - You've got me rethinking P90X now. I've got limitations around jumping, running etc but it sounds like it can be modified and still be a good workout. thanks

Ruth - Hope you can find a way to stay warm :brr: DW is always the designated driver though I rarely have more than one glass of wine.

Cottage - Hope the rest of the day slows down

It's a normal Saturday for me (the last one for a month!). I'm off to the discount grocery store then back home for cooking, cleaning, and maybe a little reading. I'm back on track with exercise and hope I can stick with it during the upcoming month. December is going to be busy with work and family stuff, enough to keep us going every single weekend.

How is your last weekend of November shaping up?

WaistingTime
11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Okie - Lucky you. I have multiple gatherings for both Hanukkah and Christmas still to come. Sigh.

Beloved - Glad to hear you are feeling better. I made a quinoa dish for Thanksgiving and many didn't even try it!

Debbie - Holiday weekend sounds lovely. It has felt like Saturday here for days already.

Annie - I have been wondering about P90X as a possible idea for my kids to get me for the holidays. But I don't jump either or do high impact stuff. Hmm. I hear a lot of great results from people doing it.

Ruth - :hug:

Linda - I'll think of you later when my son flies back to your neck of the woods.

Cyndi - December is a hard month for healthy living all around, isn't it. Sigh.

Okay - I need to confess. My eating was horrible this week. HORRIBLE. I guess I just gave up in anticipation of Thanksgiving and I feel like crap now. And I feel guilty even being here... since there has been pretty much no attempt to stay on plan this week. I really, really, need to find the motivation to get back on track now. Not tomorrow, not after the holidays. Now. Sigh. Sorry, just had to say it. I am pretty darn disappointed with myself right now.

As for my weekend: DS1 flies back to campus this afternoon; DS2 is ringing bells for community service and hopefully finishing two more college applications due this week. I am going to be sitting with my mom and brother to train them on some software... the almost blind leading the blind and not a patient one in the bunch. That's about it for me.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Heidi58
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I didn't get to any Black Friday sales yesterday after all, the snow hung around a little longer than we'd expected so we didn't head south til 1 p.m. it was a slow drive so there was no time to hit the big sales, but the company was great. :) Beth and I got home around 10:40 p.m., had a cup of tea and headed to bed shortly after.

My mission today is to do some more research on gout and figure out what I need to be feeding Fergie. I've been focusing on the "what to avoid" list for these first days because he hasn't felt like eating anyway but now that he's starting to feel better I need to plan meals that we can both enjoy.

My daughter is going to fix lunch today, she's got a sweet potato recipe that she's sure I'll love and it's Ph 2 friendly, too. :) If it's as good as she says it is I'll post it this afternoon.

Ruth, you, Joanne and her family and the rest of your community are in my prayers today. I understand your anger, there's a lot of that in our family right now. *hug* Try to stay warm at the mill!

Beloved, I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to go back to work today! I hope your day goes smoothly!

Oh, Beth is out of bed! :D This is our last full day together so I'm going to log off without finishing personals, but I am sending good thoughts to each of you today. Have a great Sunday! :hug:

Ruthxxx
11-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the hugs and understanding, Chickies. I am going to put on a happy face and go over to Joanne's now.

As to weightloss, I slipped badly during the past three months but have re-established a ticker. I actually saw 199 a few weeks ago with 200 leering at me from just a pound away!

It's snowing big Christmassy flakes. I guess it's time to put the pumpkins into the compost and hang my holly wreaths. Outdoor lights will go up this week no matter the weather! I intend to Christmas-up and have all my Christmas earrings ready to roll.

WaistingTime
11-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Here's our latest family photo, taken this week.

Natasha1534
11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Good morning, ladies!!! Just waiting on my mom to finish getting ready before I head out the door for Athens. Gotta set the recorder for ESPN so I can watch the game on TV later, LOL

Glad I got out of work when I did last night...as I was walking out the door we got a call on an 11 y/o that had been shot. I got out of there before I could find out how bad it was...don't want that hanging over me today. I hope it was something minor.

Off to Athens for the GA/GA Tech game...you ladies have a good day!!!

sophie
11-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Good morning

Okie - good for you in setting a goal. You will make it.

Beloved - glad to see you are better.

Debbie - enjoy your relaxing weekend. The son must make everything pretty in Colorado.

Annie - watch that manicure when you are wrapping gifts.

Ruth - what a sad thing to come home to. You always have to think that its not a visible illness. I'm sure you are a comfort to your friend and her family. Delta's celebrations sound wonderful.

Cottage - hope your running around isn't too long.

Cyndi - you are one busy lady so try to enjoy your weekend a bit.

Karen - what a lovely picture. Wish my family would agree to taking photos more often.

Natasha - enjoy your trip. You work so hard and see so many painful things.

me - I got two pairs of shoes yesterday, one is a german made boiled wool slip on which I have to return on Monday because there is some stitching unravelling, just don't want to drive downtown today and another is a New Balance shoe to wear in the house during the day. Salesman told me that alot of people who have to stand on their feet for long period of time buy these. Will be great for cooking during the holidays. I am so glad that I found this store because the staff is very knowledgeable and not some teenager working part time. Have a good one everyone.
take care
Sophie

Heidi58
11-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Karen, What a great photo! :carrot: Thanks for sharing it.

Natasha, have a great time at the game!

Sophie, I'm so glad you were able to find shoes that feel good. I hope you'll be able to exchange the felt pair. I have bunions on both feet, though one is worse than the other. I teach school and am on my feet all day long, so I've had to invest in really good shoes. I love Finn Comfort. They've got some very ugly styles, but some cute ones too if you persevere! :lol: They feel wonderful and wear beautifully. They're a big investment but last for years, and you can replace the footbeds and/or send them in for repair work if needed.

We had a delicious lunch, my daughter fixed the sweet potato mash she's been telling me about. It was delicious, almost like a dessert. :)

BellaLucia
11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I gained three pounds from my last check in at the Doctor's. Karen, great photo of you and your beautiful family!

BelovedK
11-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Karen, beautiful family :)

I don't have much time for personals, I will try to be back on before the evening is over.

I am dawg tired. SO tired. I worked, then DD and I decorated our tree, I am getting the house ready for her 11th birthday party (tomorrow) I am still coughing pretty bad from the bronchitis, but it is getting much better :) Thanks for the well wishes ;)

I am starving right now and trying to not be too far off plan. I can't wait until I have time and energy to plan.

TallandThin
11-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Morning everyone :wave: (I still have one minute left of my morning :))

Okie, thanks once again for getting us started. Glad Xmas won't be a bad food day for you. Ur weight is coming off, keep going girl! I'm hoping to make 270 by the end of the year. Sure would be great!

Beloved, Glad u r feeling better and working. Things are looking up for you.

Debbie, I know the internet has been slow, at least on my end. I live out in the country and am limited on internet service options so still have dial up and talk about slow. I tried several times to log into facebook these past few days and still haven't made it. Guess I'm learning patience :).

Annie, Talk about yoga, I decided that I wanted to do something besides walk every day so bought a CD for beginning yoga. Beginning heck, this old lady could not possibly get in some of those positions! Maybe I'll look for a beginning weight training CD.

Ruth, The way you describe your town I can just picture it. Brr, that sounds like a cold place to have to work, be sure and bundle up. :hug: to help get thru the rough times.

Hey Linda :wave:

Cyndi, normal days are good, aren't they.

Karen, wish I could tell you how to find that motivation you so are looking for. I am so thankful when I find it but have no idea how I manage or worse yet how it slips away so easily. Wouldn't it be something if someone could figure it out. Hang in there and keep coming back. Good looking family!

Heidi, glad hubby is feeling a little better. Enjoy your last visiting day with your daughter today. Would love that recipe.

Nat, will be thinking of you enjoying the game today. DH suffered thru the Auburn/Alabama game yesterday. He wanted Auburn to win because he thinks they would have a better shot at the championship but he didn't want Alabama to lose. Poor hubby!

Sophie, Glad you found the shoes. New Balance is a good shoe. I wear the or SAS for walking.

BellaLucia
11-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Tall and Thin, thanks! Good luck with your weight loss goals!

zeffryn
11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
thanksgiving went well. pretty much on plan, no overeating, control control control.

today was a different story. life got in the way and i didn't eat anything until 4:30 - and we had pizza (veggie, turkey pepperoni and whole wheat crust) but still pizza...and i picked on it all night. i just now tucked myself into bed with a cup of tea.

my son is having a sleepover tonight and requested cinnamon rolls and oatmeal bake (both are very much not on plan) for breakfast. i agreed, but will avoid them in lieu of a smoothie. not quite as exciting, but i don't need the extra poundage as a result.

BellaLucia
11-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Good for you Lindsay!

BellaLucia
11-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm gonna be going back to school for a Career as a Medical Administrative Office Assistant! I'm excited about making a fresh start!

cassrose
11-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Hey i am on day 8 (nearly 9) and have lost 2kg (4.4lb). I have found it hard today, the last 3 days my weight has stayed the same and im concerned because next week im working 9 hour shifts after not working all year while at uni. Need some motivation to keep going! Today i couldn't help eating fresh strawberries and raspberries, its the first time i have strayed since starting.

Anyone has some advise?

cottagebythesea
11-28-2010, 08:05 AM
:coffee: Brrrrrrr! It's cold this morning! Even in the house! :brr: I'm snuggling under the quilt here on the couch and enjoying my coffee while Jake and I discuss what we're going to do today.
We got most of the Christmas decorating done yesterday, and there's just a little more to do today until it's finished. We usually put up 3 trees, but we're skipping the tree on the sunporch this year. It's starting to be way too much work, although I did put up my wee tree in the diningroom. That was easy, though, since I had hot-glued the ornaments and lights on it last year. ;)
So besides putting the final touches on the decorating, I plan to work on my cards this afternoon, and Jake has been wanting to go shopping, so I guess that will be part of our plan for today, too.

cassrose, it's nice to meet you! I'm sorry you are finding the plan hard to follow, although losing over 4 lbs. in 8 days is terrific! My best advice to have a variety of healthy Phase 1 snacks on hand, such as roasted chickpeas, raw veggies w/hummus, string cheese, nuts, and nonfat yogurt. Eat when you're hungry, and make sure you fill up on vegetables and include dairy and beans in your meals to help keep you full and satisfied.

Karen, what a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing your family portrait with us.

Ruth, I hope things are starting to calm down in your village and am sending positive thoughts your way. :hug:

Ruthxxx
11-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Happy first Sunday in Advent! Now the countdown begins.

I'm off to church and will resist the white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies that I am serving for coffee time.

Pearlrose
11-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Good morning chickies,

I have got to make sure I come and at least read everyday here so I stay accountable to myself. I have been off plan since Thanksgiving day but not to far off until yesterday when I fell for some cookies. Ugh back on track. I did go out for Black Friday, had fun and got a few things. DS went to Walmart for me at Midnight to see if we could get a bracelet for one of the laptops but no luck there was already too big of a crowd so didn't go near Walmart. We went to the Mall and Kohls later on.

Ruth- Sorry to hear about the suicide attempt, sending prayers to everyone. I do have to say I love your Avatar it is so cheerful.

Okie- When are you going to start up school?

Karen- Thanks for sharing your family photo, great pic!!!

I got up super early this morning so I made myself work out and feel so much better. Made everyone cinnamon rolls (which I did not touch and will not touch). We are off to church in a few hours.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!

CyndiM
11-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's ridiculously cold here too (17!) and I'm not going out the door until that changes.

Okie - You have a great attitude and you've really stuck with this. Sounds like 2011 is going to be your year for all kinds of good things happening.

cassrose - :welcome3: you're doing great so far! Of all the slips you could have berries should be easy to recover from. Cottage had some great suggestions. Just remember to plan ahead so you are prepared for those long days. It's nice to meet you :)

Cottage - I want to come visit your house :) We don't decorate anymore. At first I would go crazy moving everything around to decorate. We had lots of lights, a Christmas village and always had a tree. The last few years we meet DD at my parents house and no one but us (and the evil cats) see the house. It's just too much work to rearrange our little apartment to make it all come together. I do enjoy other people's decorations though.

Ruth - We always had Advent calendars when we were kids and DD usually had a couple. I bet the flowers are lovely this morning.

Pearl - It's always nice to see you.

Karen- thanks for sharing the pic :)

It's another mellow cleaning and errand day. I'm still trying to make my work space come together better now that I work from a home office. Someone mentioned the mock cornbread casserole and I think I just changed my dinner plans. It's been months since I made that. For now though I think I'll pour another cup of coffee. I've never been a flavored coffee fan but my favorite local roasters make a dark chocolate coffee that has just the right amount of richness. Yum

zeffryn
11-28-2010, 11:45 AM
argh. i'm up again. i don't know what is going on. i've had a bit of off-plan food in the past few days, but not much and not nearly enough to make me gain this much. i'm tired of my IUD causing really irregular cycles.

rdw1
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Good Morning chickies! I plan to head to mom's this morning as the grandparents are still here until tomorrow morning and I would like to spend some more time with them... I didn't do so well this past weekend. Hmph. Ive managed to gain and gain some more until now my goal of getting under 200 which was with about 3 months to spare is now no where remotely possible. Grr... All my fault though. I know that I also know what I have to do to lose the weight so why why why must I keep torturing myself?! Sorry for the venting... I have got to get back at it and stick to it 100%!

zeffryn
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Rikki, sounds like we torture ourselves together!

TallandThin
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Morning everyone :wave:

Zef, sure hope you had that smoothie for breakfast this morning.

Okie, how exciting. I so believe in education!

Cassrose, Don't think we've met before. Welcome to our group. Just pull up your bootstraps, tighten your belt and think positive and before you know it, you will have completed phase one and will be on to phase two and can have those berries. Other than that, plan, plan, plan and prepare, prepare, prepare. Never ever let yourself not have "on plan" food ready and available.

Linda, you are so far ahead of the game for Christmas. Three trees, OMG, I'm lucky to get one up although I do have a small tree that was my mom's during her last few years and I put it up every year but it also has it's lights and decorations already on so it's real easy.

Ruth, oh dear, one of my favorite cookies. Good luck avoiding them.

Pearlrose, Good for you for staying away from those cinnamon rolls and for coming back to post. It helps, doesn't it.

Hey Cyndi, Zef and rdw1, with all my heart, I hope you find the strength to get back and stay on plan. Wish I could do more to help. :wave:

Well, it's time for me to get my day started. We are through dog sitting thank goodness. It is so nice not to be play musical doors keeping ours and our GS separate. Going for my walk as soon as it warms up some. Don't like trying to balance on ice. After that, need to do some laundry and have to wrap several books for mailing. Also need to check on our daughters and their families. One group went up on the mountain to play in the snow for the weekend and the other family went over to the ocean to play on the beach. Will be glad when they are all back home safe this evening.

Later

Natasha1534
11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Good morning (well for me, it is) ladies!!! OMG am I tired and sore!!! LOL Totally worth it, though. We left out for Athens around 1030 hrs and got into town right at 1300 hrs. Drove around the campus a bit to find a parking space and just as we were about to give up and pay $20 to park in a parking deck we stumbled upon free parking. Parked, got out the GPS, and headed to The Grill for lunch. It was a 2 mile walk!!! MOSTLY UPHILL!!! LOL So needless to say, after walking 2 miles I didn't feel guilty for having my bacon and swiss hamburger (on a multigrain bun, mind you) and side salad. Not very conducive to SB, we had to plan to eat a large lunch and then not eat again until after the game. By the time we got out of Athens and headed home it had been 11 hours since we had eaten. Bad food choice on the way home...Krystals and Waffle House were the only 2 things open and I would rather sell my soul than eat at Waffle House, so Krystals it was. And the reason we left out so late??? We could NOT find our car!!! I had saved our parking location in the GPS so we could get back easily...punched it in and it says "No Route Found"...gee thanks, TomTom!!! So after wandering around for an hour and a half and almost giving up hope and just calling the local PD to ask for help, I said "let's cut through here and just check" and, sure enough, there sat my car. In total we walked for 4 hours yesterday, a lot of it uphill or stairs, and we got in I would guess about 8 miles. My feet are SORE today, for sure!!!

The game was awesome. I thought we were gonna throw it away, but we pulled it out in the end. Looks like we have a shot at a bowl game after all. We also got to witness what's called the "Dawg Walk" before the game which is where the players come through on their way to the game. I got some good picture of the players. YUM!!! ;) I haven't watched the game as it appeared on TV, but several people texted me and said that Samuel L Jackson was there on the UGA sidelines. ****, I probably looked right at him and didn't realize it, LOL

Again, no time for personals but I will be back tonight to make it up. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend. Back to work for me tonight. :(

sophie
11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Busy morning. I made a family breakfast this morning of pancakes with fresh fruit and real maple syrup. I didn't have any but succumbed to a slice of homemade whole wheat bread and now trying very hard to stay on plan.

Heidi - I too love Comfort Finn and the slip ons that I had lasted 5 years but they didn't have my width. Also have a pair of Finns, hardly worn casual shoes that my new orthotics don't fit in so I kept my old ones and will only wear them when I don't have to walk too far.
Everyone else enjoy your day.
take care
Sophie
who is only thinking of decorating the house for Christmas

zeffryn
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
tallandthin - i did have that smoothie, plus some scrambled eggs.

i've come too far to fall off the wagon. there is no turning back.

TallandThin
11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Zef, PROUD OF YOU :)

Natasha1534
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi again, ladies. I'm back for personals before I head off to work. Ugh, I really really really don't want to go, LOL

Okie - Christmas Eve isn't as big of a food day for me as Thanksgiving is, but we usually have steak, shrimp, salads, twice-baked potatoes, and dinner rolls. This year we'll still be doing the steak and salad but the potatoes and dinner rolls are out the window as well as the shrimp since I developed my allergy. I think we'll go w/ crab legs and some roasted asparagus w/ olive oil and lemon pepper. YUM, that sounds good!!! Good luck w/ your goal...you can do it!!! I'm sure those 3 pounds will disappear in no time...it might even just be water weight. ;) And congratulations on going back to school...how exciting!!!

Beloved - I have yet to tackle quinoa but I haven't even tried...I'd love it if you'd share the recipe. I'm a chickpea fan, so that sounds yummy!!! Glad you are feeling a little better...now get some rest!!! LOL

Lexxiss - Hope you get your paperwork caught up. However, playing holiday weekend sounds MUCH more fun. ;)

annieoh - Good job!!! Yoga is much harder than a lot of people realize...don't let it get you down that you couldn't get it all. When I went to class the instructor used to tell me to bend farther and I wanted to just yell at her "I'm fat!!! FAT PEOPLE DON'T BEND THAT FAR!!!" LOL Kick yoga's butt next week, girl!!!

Ruth - That's nice of you to play DD for your friends. I find that a lot less people feel inclined to drink and then drive if they have a DD that has offered to come pick them up. I have to admit, though, one night my DD showed up and she was effed up on pain pills WAY worse than me and my friend she was driving home...we would've been better off crashing on the couch at our friend's house instead. How is your friend, Joanne, holding up??? I know it's got to be really hard for her. I'm glad everyone is pitching in to help her out, though...and she's lucky to have a friend as good as you. ;) Celebrate the Season night sounds fun!!! :)

Cottage - Glad you got a chance to slow down after your busy day...although it still sounds kinda busy, LOL When you're done w/ your decorating, shopping, and card-addressing feel free to skip on over to my house and handle mine as well. ;)

Cyndi - I'm thinking the cats are due for some punishment...LOL I'm w/ you on December...the first week alone I have stuff planned almost every day. I'm doing a yard sale w/ some co-workers on the 3rd and 4th, then flying out that night on the 4th, moving Jersey back here w/ us on the 5th, Christmas party on the 7th, Nutcracker on the 8th, Christmas shopping/lunch/visiting w/ a good friend of my mom's on the 9th...then back to work that entire weekend. LOL Here's to hoping we can both get our exercise in anyway!!! ;)

WaistingTime - Wonderful picture of the family. At first I looked at it and said "wow, her son is REALLY tall!!!" but then I saw he was sitting on someone's lap kinda, LOL You know you can get back on track...so do it...NOW!!! ;) Seriously, though, you have to stop beating yourself up and just get back in the grove. We've all been there and done that, right??? ;)

Heidi - Correct me if I'm wrong, but gout is a build up of uric acid, right??? I don't know what foods are high in uric acid but I'm betting you'll have an easy time adjusting. I mean, look at how you've adjusted your way of living already, right??? ;) Definitely post the recipe...it sounds yummy!!! Hope you're enjoying your time w/ Beth before she leaves!!!

sophie - Thanks!!! :) Sorry your shoes are unraveling...hope you are able to exchange them and get you a new pair. Glad you found you some comfy shoes to help w/ when you are on your feet for a while.

TallandThin - Oh, I wanted Alabama to win SO bad...I hate that they choked. Everybody knows Auburn is a 2nd-half team...they got too cocky b/c of their large lead in the first half. GRRRRRRRRRRRR, ALABAMA!!! I have a friend that's an Alabama fan and our deal is that as long as we're not playing each other he'll root for Georgia and I'll root for Alabama. ;)

Zeffryn - Don't be too hard at yourself...at least the pizza was on plan. ;)

Oops...I'm out of time. I'll be back later for the rest.

Heidi58
11-28-2010, 05:25 PM
:wave:
I've just got a minute for a quick hello!

I took Beth to the airport, the roads were awful on the way in but it was a beautiful drive home. I finally got a chance to check out the the new Trader Joe's. :) (It's close to the airport.) I picked up some dried bing cherries for Fergie, they're supposed to be good for gout. He's not too keen on them, but I'm hoping the taste will grow on him. :D

I've got the litter boxes put away til next visit, and I've done my best to vacuum up all the cat hair. The washer and dryer are going and I took a quick break from my lesson planning to pop in and catch up on everyone else's weekend.

Tall and Thin and Natasha, I posted the sweet potato mash recipe (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes-phase-2/218254-sweet-potato-mash.html#post3584054) yesterday. It's so good! :D

CyndiM
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Natasha - I'm off to see the Nutcracker next Saturday :) DD and I see it in Boston.

Heidi - Those cherries are really good in the crockpot oatmeal/porridge

BellaLucia
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks Natasha. I'm gonna be doing an online course to be a Lead Teacher at a Daycare.

Lexxiss
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Everyone:sunny:

Sorry, I didn't get to stop by this morning and I'll never catch up with everyone now. We went down to Denver early because DH's bro, who is visiting, was playing in the band at his old church. We ran some errands on the way home and are now settling in to watch Sarah Palin's Alaska on tlc. For "better or worse", she is fishing this week with our dear friends who stood up for us at our wedding in Hawaii 18 years ago(Nov 30th). Should be interesting....anyway, politics aside, it will probably make me homesick for the place I called home for 23 years.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Natasha1534
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi again...and again...and again. LOL My mom just talked to my niece a little while ago and it turns out that she was at the game last night, too. It's funny b/c they kept showing these girls on the screen and I kept thinking it looked like Brianna but I just brushed it off thinking there's no way she'd be there. Apparently she went w/ her boyfriend's church group and was handing out programs.

Cassrose - Welcome to the forum!!! If you want my opinion (and most people don't, LOL) you need to stay away from the scale for a few days. It's not good to be so focused on the scale. When you think about it, your weight fluctuates all throughout the day. Why be upset that you didn't lose a pound in 1 day when, throughout the day, your weight can fluctuate by several pounds??? Beans and dairy are what people swear by to get through Phase I...your FULL servings allowed. Just think of it this way...you're more than halfway through Phase I and you've already lost nearly 5 pounds!!! Don't let the fruit keep you off plan...get right back on and stay on. ;) Good luck!!!

Ruth - OMG, you are one strong lady to resist white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies...unless you don't like them, LOL Seriously, they are one of my favorites...it'd be a serious struggle. Good luck...sending you LOTS of willpower dust!!! ;)

Pearlrose - Good job not indulging in the cinnamon rolls!!!

Cyndi - Oooh, dark chocolate coffee sounds DELICIOUS!!! When I was freezing my tatas off at the game last night I was dying for a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. But since it took me an hour and a half to find my car, it was way too late by then to get one. :( Maybe this week sometime.

rdw - Awww, sorry that your goal is out of your reach. But it can't hurt to still try, right??? ;)

Tonight seems to be a fairly...ummm...Q-word (shhhhhhhhhhhh...don't even say it or you'll jinx us!!!) night at work. Let's hope it stays that way. I'll have Monday and Tuesday off, then I'll work Wednesday and Friday, and then I'll have a whole week off. YAY!!!

Natasha1534
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Lexxiss - I'm not a Palin fan either, but that DOES sound like it'd be fun to watch since you know the people. How neat is THAT???

zeffryn
11-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Found something new today - it isn't on plan, but might make the holiday cravings easier for some. Gingerbread flavored graham crackers. WAY less fat, sugar and calories than ginger snaps and they taste EXACTLY the same. I know for a lot of us, the holidays are about sticking as close to plan as possible, but there are times when indulgences are inevitable. I'm going to be getting some of these at my mom's house for the holidays when the cookie plates come out - to me, these would be a better option than holiday cookies.