Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Did you survive Thanksgiving?

I did!!! I actually did really well...maybe a little too well. My parents kept poking me to eat more and when I took my plate to the kitchen they just said, "You didn't eat anything! You just pushed your food around." Which is pretty much what it looked like but I was stuffed like a pinata!

So how did everyone else do? Did your gorge yourself, did you pick at it, calorie count, measure...how did you go about surviving Thanksgiving!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I didn't calorie count (though I know I went over my usual daily cap) or anything, but I was careful about what I ate without feeling like I was depriving myself. It was a lot easier than I expected, actually, a lot of the foods I would normally go crazy with don't even appeal to me anymore. And can I just say my goodness, watching things being prepped (so I'd know what was in it all/swipe a portion before they added any bad stuff) was a real eye opener. My aunt and cousin apparently dump pounds of butter into everything!

Slightly miffed this morning because I'm up 3lbs (grr!). I know it's a fluctuation, probably due to sodium, and normally I wouldn't bat an eye but after making a point to be careful, I was not happy.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

I did extremely well. Although compared to everyone else's plate, it looked like I didn't eat anymore. Oh well--it will pay off in the long run and I was full! So that's all that matters.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

S/C/G: 340/276/150

Height: 5'6"

I haven't overdone a Thanksgiving dinner in years. I hate the feeling of being full. Yesterday was no different than any other meal. I had a small portion of most of the side dishes. My family made vegan options this year, the boys still had turkey though. I was full, but not stuffed. I weighed myself this morning and it was the same exact weight as yesterday. Not a loss but definitely not a gain.
kerielaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I did pretty good! No seconds (except for this amazing corn casserole thing my friend made), and I didn't clean my plate.

I didn't really snack either. I was the main cook, so that probably helped. By the time dinner rolled around I was like, "Really? I've been staring at this stuff all day"

My main issue will be leftovers. I tried to send people home with as much as I could, but some potatoes and turkey and gravy still remain. Hoping the boys watching football today at the house will take of that for me
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

I think I did really well! I didn't calorie count or deny myself anything (even had two slices of sweet potato pie YUM!). But I didn't go overboard either. I weighed myself this morning and it was only up by .2 since yesterday.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #7  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I too didn't calorie count or deny myself anything I TRULY wanted. I literally went around to each serving and asked myself if I HAD to have it. If I did, I took one spoon serving (the big one) full.

I usually weigh-in on Mondays but I did weigh myself today and I'm still down 1.8 from Monday's weigh-in so hoping by Monday I can drop at least another pound.

I made sure not to bring ANY leftovers home (except an apple crisp! Couldn't help it they are sooo good) and ready to start the weekend fresh!

I hope you all had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving! We all have SO much to be thankful for, including 3FC!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #8  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

My Thanksgiving doesn't end until Saturday after lunch - away from my home, spending time with family. Right now, I'm avoiding leaving my room because I know there are biscuits and gravy ready to be served (I ate an on plan breakfast a couple hours ago). I figure I'll read for another 30 minutes or so, then go take a walk for about an hour, then lunch time.

wrt Thanksgiving itself, I definitely went over my standard calories for the day and had one or two things I wouldn't normally eat, but I didn't overeat, and I didn't go back for seconds - and therefore, am not feeling any guilt (although, I might feel some guilt depending on what the scale says when I get home). My main meal consisted of turkey, a small baked sweet potato with salt and cinnamon, and steamed green beans (all items I normally eat on plan). I did have two bites of stuffing, a small dinner roll, and a small amount of cranberry sauce made with sugar, as well as a small slice of pumpkin pie (items that are traditionally off plan). When I found myself trying to convince myself that I could have more pie (after all, it is a holiday), I went back to my room and got some gum and fixed myself a cup of tea.
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #9  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

Yes I survived!!! I am so happy I did, I walked 3 times that day for an hour, and I did not eat a lot like usually do on Thanksgiving, I had one small slice of pie. when I got on the scale this morning I was down by .5 of a lb, It's not much but I am happy I didn't gain and I met my thanksgiving goal. my best friend walked with me all 3 times and she made sure I didn't go crazy with the food, thank God for her. I also made sure I drank ( I think that's the past tense of drink lol) a lot of water so I wouldn't just because.

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 11-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

I did ok I think. I ate more appetizers than I intended to...and then didn't eat any potatos at all...which was hard for me because those are my favorite. I basically just ate carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, and turkey with cranberry sauce. And then I took a nap when desserts were served. I was still up a little when I stepped on my scale this morning but my real weighin day is Sunday so hopefully I'll be back down by then.

I'm going to have to work to keep on track tomorrow night too for a family party. I think I might eat before I head over...holidays and family events are so difficult!

P.S. I purposefully wore my new "skinny" jeans. Aka, the size 10 pair that are really more like a size 8 and I just managed to squeeze my booty into this week for the first time. And I was hoping the fact that they were so tight would be a reminder that I shouldn't eat a lot. It kind of worked. lol.
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #11  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

I was really proud of myself for how I handled Thanksgiving. I decided that I wanted to stay on plan so that I wouldn't feel like I blew a lot of hard work.
I stayed within my goal and budgeted my calories/carbs so that I could have a 1/4 cup each of stuffing, potatoes, and mac & cheese. I skipped the pumpkin pie and took my dogs for a walk after dinner instead. I didn't feel like I was denying myself anything because I had a bit of what I really wanted and didn't end up eating things that I didn't really want but were there anyway like the pumpkin pie.

AND I wasn't so full and tired that I couldn't do some Zumba later that night, either. Yay!
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I did awesome! For dinner I had a little bit of stuffing, a little bit of mashed potatoes, a small piece of turkey, a lot of broccoli, and a roll. I passed on dessert. I was 175.3 thanksgiving morning and 174.9 the morning after. I'm pretty proud of myself.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #13  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

I didn't just survived I rocked! LOL! But seriously I lost .6 lbs and I didn't deny myself anything, but my saving grace was that all of the starchy/sugary stuff just didn't appeal to me (which is solely because I'm one of those people who are obsessed with their mom's cooking and she wasn't where I was so...) and so I ate 3 rolls (my only guilty pleasure...sweet rolls), 2 small slices of ham, some fried turkey and greens and a little macaroni & cheese. It was delicious and I only had a desert the day after when I found my grandmother's sweet potato pie she tried to hide (lol) and then only one piece...okay rambling! Sorry.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #14  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Yayyy ladies for rocking this Thanksgiving! I thought I did really well but the next day I visited some of my best friends and their families who were still in town...and wellllll their food was better! I was up 2 lbs!! Stupid mistakes and no matter how good the food was, it wasn't worth it. Sooo, starting over and still looked to be at 250 before end of November! Wish me good vibes ladies!!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Good luck Shelly!

I was really excited how Thanksgiving turned out. There was no way to count calories but I didn't gain at all (I'm even down today from what I was at the beginning of the week).

My compromise to myself was that I could have a piece of pie if I wasn't feeling too stuffed. I didn't have rolls, gravy or cranberry sauce (and it was fine bc none of it appealed to me...okay maybe the rolls but I held strong).

My portions weren't out of control so I ended up being the PERFECT amount of full while my friend who is also losing weight went back for seconds and had desert and the things I skipped was complaining about how she might die from being so stuffed lol.

That one meal held me through the rest of the night at work (although a nap would have been preferable). Pretty much repeated with the leftovers the next day (minus the pie, plus some fruit).

I must've heard half a dozen people that day complain about eating too much which really opened my eyes about overeating...like I haven't overeaten too many times since losing weight but it still happens and it took Thanksgiving to make me realize how UNNECESSARY it is!
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote