Other Reduced Carb Diets - Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program??

ChattieOne
11-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi Everyone! :)

I just read Dr Hellers CALP book and know without a doubt that I am a Carbohydrate Addict and need to be on this plan.

I was on Atkins several years ago and lost about 30 lbs but found it too restrictive ... stopped, and gained it all back and then some (don't we all!)

Is there a thread on here for people on the CAD (carb addicts diet) ... I'm not all that good with finding my way around these threads .. and I need the support of someone who knows exactly what they're doing .. the LAST thing I need right now is to THINK I'm following a plan 100%, but be doing something wrong) because I'll get frustrated and quit.

If anyone else is on this program .. or has the link to the boards specifically for the CAD - PLEASE send it to me!!

Kritter
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi ChattieOne!

I have been looking for the same thing on here myself. I'm having a little trouble finding one. I'm just starting this diet today. It was suggested to me from my massage therapist of all people. She lives a lower carb lifestyle and is in great shape. I figure why not try it. And like you said it does seem more manageable than Atkins or other very low carb diets. I know I have a sensitivity to carbs and I have been eating poorly the last few weeks and the pants are getting tight! :o I too was on Atkins before with great success, but not lasting results. I'm hoping this time its not just going to be a "diet" for 4 months and then back to my old ways. I really have to adopt this principle for the rest of my life. Sucks but now I know. I will see if I can find any other threads on here and if not we could keep each other accountable!

Kritter
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/167052-carbohydrate-addicts-diet-forum.html Try this thread. Might be helpful. Also try searching CAD threads

slimtobe
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I just recently stumbled onto the 1991 Cad book and I think I am doing something wrong since I am not losing. I scored SUPER high so I know I am a carb adict. I am eating totally low carb for lunch. The old version did not say that low fat was needed. Is it? I really hate fat free cheese. I think the problem I am having at supper is eating too much? Is there any rules in the newer addition on the reward meal. The old addition does not give any rules except 1 hour. However, I do feel I have definitely been eating past full. I love the fact that I am not at all hungry! Amazing! But I also need some results! I have ordered the new edition, but need help till it gets here.:D