Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Nothing to brag or be overly upset about

I haven't seen as many theads like this. I am at my parents house for Thanksgiving. While I didn't stay on plan as usual, I didn't binge or eat THAT much either. I had:

Mushroom soup, mine taken out before the cream was added
Turkey
Asparagus
A little cranberry sauce
A Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich
3 Small glasses of wine
Water

I skipped:
Delicious looking white homemade rolls
Apple and Pecan Pie
Stuffing

I think I did OK. I feel like my thin cousin is monitoring everything I eat, though. Like I had carrot sticks yesterday and she told me she didn't eat them when she was dieting because of the carbs. That's fine but I was in the process of eating some, so I think it was rude.

I do have something ready to say if she says something similar today, "Why don't we all eat what we want and not talk about it."
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I think it is very rude.
And I congrat you on not
over-eating! Good job!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

good job on the food choices.

Also, people are quick to criticize about things like carrot sticks for some reason. Tell them it's better than a snickers. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #4  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Look at you go with your self control, that's awesome!! Good for you - I think you did great

I've had a few comments lately like the carrot one, I just smiled and said "Im happy that worked out for you" seems to work pretty well
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I have a friend like that. Every time I say something I've eaten or ask her to go and meet up for food, she says something about the carbs I've ate or will say "I'm not going to eat that because the carbs will make me fat".

I've told her "I've lost 260 pounds eating carbs and I think I know what I'm doing".
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yup, people who 'know better' are a total pain. People who tell you what you're eating is wrong are plain rude. (I personally think people who obsess about carrots while eating a slab of carb free bacon are misguided).

I think you did amazingly well. I'd have had problems saying no to pie!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you Ciao, lottie63 and Matt H and Rosinante.

Coondocks, I love that, "I'm happy that worked out for you." comment. Not rude and what a conversation ender!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #8  
age 57

S/C/G: 170/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

JessLee, I can really relate to your post. And yes, you have done so great!

Yesterday I was watched like a hawk and one cousin kept commenting because I ate a slice of crust-less pumpkin pie I'd brought. If she'd commented about how bad that pie tasted (it wasn't that bad to me, but I could see how others might not like it), I would have laughed and appreciated the joke. But no, she just kept commenting about how I'd gone off my diet and was eating pumpkin pie. All that was missing was a foghorn. I don't think people in the next state over heard her....

The Peanut Gallery is always annoying and deflating. It's like being lectured to like you're a child. Even here, my first post or two was jumped on because I said carrot sticks had gotten me through the first few days of being back on the weight loss train. I was just so relieved I'd finally started (again) to lose the weight. And then i got whacked for the carrot sticks. eye roll.

People are VERY opinionated about food and weight loss. "That's your opinion. Different strokes for different folks" is what I tend to say in response. And then tune them out or walk away.

On an up note, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a good day, food police comments aside....
AuntBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

First of all good job on the thanksgiving! it is a sad sad day when we cannot eat carrots cause someone's opionion says it will make us fat. Baby carrots are one my favorite vegtables and then people say they are high in sugar. I am going to eat carrots no matter what anyone says and bananas and other real fruit.
People are so judgemental when it comes to others and especially food, be proud of yourself and your accomplishment.
One family member of mine makes a huge scene if I do not have dessert at family gatherings it makes me feel so ashamed, humiliated and bad about myself. The comments fly like oh your not having dessert what is wrong with you or 'are you pretending to be good' .
Sorry about the rant but this hit a nerve.
Let's see should i have 10 baby carrots or a giant bag of chips and pakcage of cookies.......
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #10  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

S/C/G: 340/276/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLess View Post
Thank you Ciao, lottie63 and Matt H and Rosinante.

Coondocks, I love that, "I'm happy that worked out for you." comment. Not rude and what a conversation ender!
Yes, I need to remember that!
kerielaine is offline   Reply With Quote