General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #1  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Default Thanksgiving - What are you bringing to the table?

Let me preface this by saying - I hate the holidays, but I do like cooking.. We're going to a Thanksgiving dinner that will probably have 30+ people, all family, that are not my own. I've gotten five texts today asking what I'm bringing for the dinner. I'm trying to think outside the box and bring something other than pie, or green bean casserole (not that there's anything wrong with those!!! I just know MIL and SIL are both bringing those). SO. What are YOU bringing for Thanksgiving?? What's your family favorite??

Right now I'm trying to choose between whole wheat pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie fruit dip with apples and graham crackers, pumpkin and corn risotto, or ________something I haven't yet thought of_____

Then I started thinking about how the only green veggies are likely going to be tossed salads or green bean casserole - and started considering something like brussel sprouts or roasted asparagus, or a big batch of sauteed kale.. but I worry those won't stand up to being prepared plenty ahead of time, and transfer. Help me out chickies -- I'm at a loss!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Umm that risotto sounds lovely!

How about that and a bunch of roasted veggies? You can prep them and roast them off when you get there, if there's room in the oven.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

The risotto sounds really good! How about some roasted brussel sprouts? Or a veggie tray w/ dip? Have fun!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote