Weight Loss Support - How I know it's different

View Full Version : How I know it's different

seagirl
11-24-2010, 05:23 PM
So, I've been back at tracking for a week or so, at 30-60 minutes of exercise for while, too, but just now I got the "oh, things have changed feeling."

I'm home from work, lunch was light and then I met a friend for an hour tromp through the woods and so I'm rather hungry. I had some toast, and then some egg salad on more toast. And I have a raging headache. I just about headed into the kitchen for one more slice of bread and said "stop, you have a headache. Bread does not cure headaches. Go get some ibuprofen and do some neck stretches."

I backed away from the bread and went in search of what could actually help me.

I seem to have eaten my dinner at 4pm, which is fine, and I have about 200 calories for something later if I need it.

Normally, I would have just had the bread. With butter, and then some more. And maybe a little more.

But with tracking I know my body has had the fuel it needs today.

Have you had moments like this where you could tell you had changed?

JMSilver
11-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Yay! That is awesome. :)

One of my 'change' moments came last year. I was very upset and at the shops. I took a step toward getting some chocolate covered chocolate thing or other, but then I stopped and thought, "That's not going to make anything better!" Then I walked away.

Only then did I realise what a huge step it was for someone who ALWAYS drowned emotions with food. :)

whatadiaryisfor
11-24-2010, 07:19 PM
That's awesome. It took me a while to learn to stop fighting with myself about foods I'm not suppose to eat lol. I just stopped craving and learned to go for the healthier stuff. :)