Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tues. 23 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good Tuesday everyone! A little chilly here in Iowa this morning. Nothing like what you in Canada have though. I shouldn't complain after reading the coldness you have there. I'm headed out to do some Christmas shopping with my daughter from Arizona today. She's back for Thanksgiving and I thought it was the perfect time to get most of the shopping done.

A little worried about Thanksgiving coming up. I'm going to try and stay true to the program. I bought quite a few different vegtables yesterday so we will have a large variety to choose from. Planning on filling my plate with them mostly. I ordered an organic free range turkey and hope it is worth the additional cost over a frozen bird. I already decided that all the left overs will go home with my guests. Except the turkey if it is good Planning on a family walk after lunch Thanksgiving day. Not only will that be fun, but good for all of us. Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for family and friends, not all the food on the table.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #3  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Hey all....been kinda lurking the past few days....what a hectic life we all lead! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving...but super worried still. I am bringing my own turnip mashed potatoes as well as rhubarb "dessert". I figure between that and the turkey and green beans I should survive......oh I pray I have the strength!!! JUST SAY NO!

Chilly here....funny that just last week we were in the 70s and by Thursday we are expecting highs in the teens. Ugh. Like so many of you all, I am FREEZING all day! I keep the heat in my classroom at 73, wear sweaters/sweatshirts, sit on my hands! Lol! This too shall pass!

Have a great day!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Hey all....been kinda lurking the past few days....what a hectic life we all lead! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving...but super worried still. I am bringing my own turnip mashed potatoes as well as rhubarb "dessert". I figure between that and the turkey and green beans I should survive......oh I pray I have the strength!!! JUST SAY NO!

Chilly here....funny that just last week we were in the 70s and by Thursday we are expecting highs in the teens. Ugh. Like so many of you all, I am FREEZING all day! I keep the heat in my classroom at 73, wear sweaters/sweatshirts, sit on my hands! Lol! This too shall pass!

Have a great day!
I think you'll do great. You're prepared, so you're a step ahead of the game. Thank you for sharing you're nervousness about a big holiday. You are NOT alone on that, that's for sure. Let's all route for each other is all we can do.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Default Mushroom soup for Gravy

So I'm thinking I'll heat up some mushroom soup on thanksgiving and use it for gravy on my white meat turkey at the restaurant!! I'm sure I was not the first to think of this, but I think depending on your taste for gravy, any one of the soups will work.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!!

33 days until !!!

Inspirational Quote: "It's a certainty that tomorrow and every day will have twenty-four hours. What you choose to do with them is up to you!'

Have a wonderful day

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-23-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #7  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Good Morning All...

A chilly morning in Saskatchewan this morning... Was -23 when I got up but thankfully there is no wind so it doesn't feel too bad...

I started week 3 yesterday and did my second WI... 3.2lbs down I was quite upset yesterday as I was SO hoping to see more of a drop but thanks to a very dear friend, I came to realize it is 3.2lbs I didn't have a week ago. I just thought as I followed the program to a 't' that it would be more.... Anyway, it's a new day and a new week.........

I made Eggplant as my veggie last night. First time I have ever cooked it. It was just 'ok', not a lot of flavor... Anyone have any yummy suggestions about making it a little more interesting??

Also have some IP Banana Pudding that I just can't seem to like.... Any thoughts on a way to use it up?

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday... Cheers to a great rest of the week.

PJay
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #8  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Good Morning All...

A chilly morning in Saskatchewan this morning... Was -23 when I got up but thankfully there is no wind so it doesn't feel too bad...

I started week 3 yesterday and did my second WI... 3.2lbs down I was quite upset yesterday as I was SO hoping to see more of a drop but thanks to a very dear friend, I came to realize it is 3.2lbs I didn't have a week ago. I just thought as I followed the program to a 't' that it would be more.... Anyway, it's a new day and a new week.........

I made Eggplant as my veggie last night. First time I have ever cooked it. It was just 'ok', not a lot of flavor... Anyone have any yummy suggestions about making it a little more interesting??

Also have some IP Banana Pudding that I just can't seem to like.... Any thoughts on a way to use it up?

PJay
Hang in there. I am also one of the slow losers and it is frustrating when you are sticking to protocol and the lbs stick with you. However, this is a program where I am seeing steady, consistent results and it is working when not much else did. Can't help you with egg plant or the banana pudding.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #9  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
You could mix the banana powder with chocolate powder, add a scoop of WF peanut butter and blend it with water and ice... Yum!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You could mix the banana powder with chocolate powder, add a scoop of WF peanut butter and blend it with water and ice... Yum!
Mrs. Diettrich, I send you a PM in regards to last nights post, I'm not sure if I did it right or not. HHmmmm Banana and PB? sounds interesting! I had a coffee barista always suggest the wierdest things with banana and they always turned out really good, so I won't knock it till I try it!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Good Morning All...

PJay
I have done this with the Strawberry pudding......Try adding double the water, with lots of ice and make a banana shake,,,, the strawberry is great something else you can do is add a bit of wf chocolate sauce to it.... as for the eggplant, i've never tried it....
Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #12  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default Turkey Day!

Hello ladies!

I too am a bit nervous for thanksgiving!

My mom and I will both be on day 5 of IP on Thursday! So still very new to the program.

I'm really only worrying about dessert!
Trying to come up with something that wont leave us feeling deprived

However...dinner will be easy and satisfying!
Our menu includes:
Raw veggies with WF dip and Crabmeat stuffed mushrooms for apps.

Then for dinner broiled talapia or cod with roasted asparagus or spinach

I may try to make a mashed cauliflower to feel like im not missing out on the taters!

Everyone enjoy the holiday!!!! This year will more about enjoying the day off work and less about the food
Old 11-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #13  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Oh my WORD it is seriously freezing today. It is -36C (-32 F) with the windchill and I heard at Edmonton International Airport it was -44!!!

I'm about to leave as the doggies have a haircut appointment. Thank goodness it is going to "warm up" or I'd second guess it.

I think I'll cook up some steak tonight for DH and I. And some bean sprouts. And experiment some more with my newly found SF Tocani (sp?) syrups. Chocolate sounds delish right now.

Have a good day everyone!! Any stay warm!!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Quote:
Good Morning All...

PJay
I make my pudding ahead of time and put in small containers. I like to make up the banana pudding and split it into two containers. Then I make chocolate pudding and put it on top of each banana. Then refrigerate. Then I get choco-banana in every bite. I have also added WF chocolate and/or PB
to the banana pudding. This week I have added banana and strawberry together and mixed in the Magic Bullet with 10 oz water. Then poured in two containers. Yum! I also layer Chocolate and Butterscoth. I get creative with mixing and matching the puddings with the WF syrups, dips and PB. Remember your tastes change while on this diet, too. When I first started, I only liked the puddings. Then I hated the puddings and only liked the drinks. Now, I am back to liking the puddings!!

BTW - Congratulations on the 3.2! You shouldn't be disappointed - be Happy!!! 3.2 pounds is great! I hope every week for that kind of loss!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all!

I am suffering from a severe headache, and trying to keep hydrated. I am so glad the stomach cramps have subsided for now. I am not feeling hungry, but oh my, my head hurts! I just would like to go to sleep for the rest of the day and wake up when my procedure is done tomorrow, but you know the saying, not a good plan to take sleeping pills AND laxatives at the same time!

I just want this over so I can get back on the plan, and eat again! LOL!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread