Simply Filling/Core - Weekly chat Nov 22th-28th

View Full Version : Weekly chat Nov 22th-28th

jojo23
11-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Morning all.

Thanks Sandra, yes the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Tomorrow I am going Christmas shopping with the girls. We go every year, but this year, I don't really feel like going. However! Try telling that to a bunch of nurses, teachers, solicitors and doctors... It is easier for me to give in and go than argue. To tell the truth, I'm looking forward to it now.
We go to London, which is 2 hours away by train, on the 7am train. Shop till we drop, leave our shopping in the left luggage dept at the railway station, go for a nice dinner, see a West-end show then home on the 11pm or midnight train. The next day we are all shattered with sore feet!

Another grey day today. We have an APB out on the sun. There is snow forecast for Scotland (not unusual that) and the east coast, which is a bit early. We are in the west and in a valley so rarely see any appreciable snow fall and then only in February. I love snow and turn into a big kid on snowy days.

Have a good day.

sloanie
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Jojo, your shopping trip sounds awesome!! Can I come?

ontarget
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
JoJo, your shopping trip sounds amazing. A gf and I went today. We had a great time but nothing like what you'll have. We shopped till lunch then my dil joined us for Mexican food before she continued shopping. We were finished. Fat and sassy--that's us.

At 4 pm today it is 80*. Our high this Thursday is to be in the 40's. Texas weather.

Tejas
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
quiet day on the boards.

I had a good workout and ran a few errands. Not much else..no shopping for anything except a roaster oven.

Vickie
11-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Oh boy....I've been having a pork craving for weeks and yesterday it got indulged in a BBQ way. Not good. All I can say for myself is that I ate lunch and then no dinner. Yikes! I lost .4 at Jenny yesterday but I'm sure I undid all of that. I shall have to work very hard this week.....except for Thursday. Even then I shall try to be careful.

This is SOOOOOO hard.

Hugs to all.

sloanie
11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Hang in there, Vickie! I'm rootin' for ya ;)

ontarget
11-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Vickie, those temptations pop up every now and then. Congratulations on getting right back on track. You have good plans for this week. I'm struggling, too. Thanksgiving is a challenge in itself--but I'm the kind who gets excited days in advance and want to start eating early. You're right.

This is hard. We'll win some battles and lose some. Let's just keep on and never give up.

ontarget
11-23-2010, 07:20 PM
:grouphug: everyone. Hope you're having a good day.

sloanie
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey chickies! Did a little shopping after school today, and I bought some fabric for pillows and some tall glass vases for the fire place. I'm not sure if I like the vases, though. I need to put something in them before I decide. I am still counting points, and I'm doing well. I have lost about 5 pounds, so I'm encouraged. I'm really interested in the new program and will go to a meeting as soon as it starts. I have been eating my normal points, but I have not counted fruit since I read fruit will be free on the new program. I'm still losing, so that's awesome. Like I have already said, my goal is to get through the holidays without a gain. Hope I can do that.

Sandra, I'm like you. I have to really fight to keep from starting the holiday eating early. It's soooooo hard!! I like what you said about never giving up. Thanks for the hug.

Rhonda, did you get that roaster oven?

I hope you all are having a great evening. I'll check in tomorrow.... NO SCHOOL!!!!!!

Tejas
11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh yes, I got the roaster oven at Macy's. So, there will be more room in the oven for other goodies. Someday we'll remodel the kitchen and have two ovens.

I've had a good day with food and spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym.

ontarget
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Sloan, congratulations on losing those 5 pounds. :woohoo: Enjoy your holidays off. Let us know about those vases. You're quite the decorator. makes me smile.

Just finished watching "Biggest Loser." I'm pumped!

ontarget
11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Rhonda, we must have been posting same time. Congrats on your good day and on getting your roaste oven.

nancy237
11-24-2010, 02:39 AM
We have had wonderful family time for the past week with everyone home
& doing our thanksgiving early. Just got back from SC visiting relatives & DD flies out in the am to Ca. So DH & I may just sleep & relax tomorrow.
Our feisty family all got along beautifully this week which is a huge blessing.
The only fight was when we almost wrecked because my DH was
beside a semi that changed lanes and ran us into the grass
area going 7O miles per hour. The truck had his blinker on & I warned hubby , but he proceeded beside the truck .The truck was at fault but I told my DH if we all die it won't matter who's fault it was. I drove the rest of the trip which DH hates but my nerves cannot take his driving anymore.
He is a great driver except for being cautious when drivers look like they
might be about to change lanes when they don't see you . I watch for that
and give them room (especially huge trucks)

Sloan..I am so proud of your weight loss..Way to go...
But our contest didn't mean that you were supposed to give me the weight you lost :D I have gained 5 pounds and I am at 150 now.
My Thanksgiving is over since we celebrated early so tomorrow I
figure out how to get serious about getting 20 pounds off.
I feel like I have tried so many different things and I never stick to any of them . I remember Oprah saying that all the diets work if you stick with them...

sloanie
11-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Nancy, I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family. Those times are very special! I didn't mean to send you those five pounds. Maybe the new program will be something that will help both of us. As Sandra said to Vickie: "This is hard. We'll win some battles and lose some. Let's just keep on and never give up".

Got lots of cleaning and a little cooking to do today, but not too much. y'all have a great morning. I'll check in later.

jojo23
11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
We had a lovely shopping trip to London yesterday. We caught the 7am train, got to Paddington just after 9am, hit Oxford and Regent Streets and shopped till we dropped. Then tubed to Harrods (didn’t buy anything though, just stood there open mouthed saying ‘HOW much!’) We went, in the evening, to see Jersey Boys it was a fantastic show, well worth the money. We got back here in the early hours. I didn’t get up till lunchtime! My feet feel as if I have a size 6 foot in a size 3 shoe, they are so sore.

You are all welcome to come next year girls. We are a mixed bunch, all old school chums or work mates from years back, but you will fit in just lovely.

Vickie
11-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Good Afternoon, Chicks! I had a good day yesterday and some great exercise with Brodie in his training class. Problem is that it make my sciatica flare. I'm off to the couch and the heating pad. And, I can't take any drugs but Tylenol because of my kidney issue. Oh well. Jim made me go to the grocery store with him today. He knew it would be bad being the day before Thanksgiving and he was right. Got a few important things done and can now go rest my leg and back before tomorrow.

Have a GREAT Day!

ontarget
11-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Oops! Lost a long post. I guess I'll just start over. Not many other choices, are there?

Vickie and JoJo, I'm sitting here with my right foot wrapped, so I can definitely relate to your aches. I'm really really hoping weightloss will help. I read that each extra pound causes 4 extra pounds pressure on our feet/knees. I'm guessing it also takes it's toll on our backs. (And last night my bach ached for the first time in quite awhile.) We'll all get excited when we reach a point where the aches have disappeared, won't we?

Nancy, glad you had a good Thanksgiving and will be able to recupe. Also glad no one got hurt. That had to be awfully scarey. We almost got run off the road just south of Louisville last summer by a big semi. Scarey!!

Sloan, guess you're enjoying your time off. I feel like I'm on vacation, too. I'm scheduled to sub Dec. 3 but should be off till then.

Rhonda, I just got a message that @ 6 tonight Channel 8 Sports is doing a special on Alvarado. It's going to be a human interest segment about a student who has been paralyzed. He won homecoming king this year. Good kid--popular with everyone. He has a wonderful attitude about his situation and is very inspirational.

Day 169--Sugar Free. Life is good.

Tejas
11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Good for the weight loss Sloane!

Nancy, I do almost all the driving in our duo. DH is good most of the time but we have different styles and I have issues related to having almost been killed in an auto crash when I was a teenager. I need control, frankly.

Vickie and Sandra, sorry you're hurting.

Tomorrow is our 4th wedding anniversary and we are going to a fancy Inn for a Thanksgiving brunch. We met in 1960, so we joke about it being our 50th wedding anniversary. Saturday is our family Thanksgiving.

ontarget
11-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Rhonda, Happy Anniversary!! Ya'll will have a great time celebrating.

Channel 8 did not show that segment as I'd heard they would. Now we're watching the 10 o'clock news to see if it'll be on this time.

My foot is a lot better. I wore a brace (still am wearing it) all afternoon. That seems to help. Tonight I did some :ebike: while watching "Biggest Loser."

Night night, Chickies.

jojo23
11-25-2010, 02:10 AM
HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY RHONDA!

Vickie over 20 years ago I had a bad back injury. I couldn't walk for 2 years and it was very frightening. The sciatica associated with it was horrible. Pain down my left leg culminating in a ball of pain, the size of an orange in my calf. I feel for you.

Any improvement in the foot today Sandra?

Vickie
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those in the states who celebrate! I don't have to cook today which is one of the things I'm thankful for. I'm in charge of mashed potatoes from peeling to mashing. I didn't bake this year but opted for a local dairy's peppermint pie. It's precut into teeny tiny pieces. I'll have one of those and a piece of a crustless pumpkin pie. Honestly, I love turkey and am missing it. There is no Jenny Craig for me after noon today until I wake up Friday morning. I just want to have what I want to have. I'll try to eat reasonable portions.

Sloan, OUTSTANDING job! Congratulations.

Nancy, you sound better. I'm glad to hear it.

Rhonda and Sandra, you both sound so motivated. I need a bottle of that.

JoJo, I took Jim to see Jersey Boys last Christmas. I was going because he would love it and I ended up enjoying it immensely myself. What will you do today while we try not to stuff ourselves silly?

Frouf, is this a regular work day for you?

Who's cooking in your house today?

Vickie
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Rhonda, I missed your post. Happy Anniversary! Lordy, has it really been 4 years already? I remember when you were preparing to get married and Sandra was excited to be going to the wedding. I need to get my butt in serious gear. I hope you enjoy your day.

JoJo, my leg is certainly not as bad as yours was, but I feel if I don't baby it when it flair up that it could get worse. I need to talk to the Doctor one of these days. Problem is that with my kidney issues, I really can't take anything but Tylenol OTC and that doesn't really help it. Gotta be a big girl, I guess.

ontarget
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Happy Thankgiving!!!!! One of my Facebook friends posted "Gobble till you Wobble." been there done that! One of the things I'm thankful for is that I have more control over my eating--not perfect--but more control.

JoJo, my foot is better but I'm still wearing the wrap today. I can't imagine being in the kind of pain you had. I'm glad that's behind you now. Our weather has changed. It's to be in the high 40's this afternoon. I'm thinking our roses and morning glories are saying "see ya later" after this morning. I'm looking at a huge cluster of heavenly blue morning glories right now. We're going to plant more next year--maybe even some along the fenceline. (Don't know if they'll survive the Texas heat or not, but it will be fun to find out.)

Vickie, I've never had peppermint pie. Sounds interesting. I'll bet it's good.

Curtis and I are having Thanksgiving dinner and will watch football games. This evening I'll be going to a friends for a girl gathering. Life is god.

This is Day 170--Sugar Free.

Tejas
11-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi All:

We had a lovely brunch and are now at home puttering around. Thanks for the good wishes. This time 4 years ago we were eating, drinking and dancing at the reception. Nothing's changed! Well, the dancing slowed down, except for my tap dancing.

I kept my portions moderate at the brunch but still feel too full. I had lots of good-for-you food and had very small portions of desert.

We have a chilly day here but it's nothing to fret about. The birds must be huddled somewhere though, they're not out much.

sloanie
11-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey chickies, happy Thanksgiving to all you "little pilgrims". I have eaten too much today, but I plan on getting back to business tomorrow. I had guests for lunch today then we went to my sister's house for dinner. We didn't do too much reminiscing about my dad, just a little. My sister in law had a very emotional phone call from her mom regarding her father who has alzheimers. She was crying and very emotional for most of the evening. Needless to say, our time together was a little subdued. We did enjoy being together, but things were a lot more quiet than in years past. How did you all do? I hope you all had wonderful time with family and friends.

Jojo, your shopping trip sounds like so much fun. Sounds like you enjoyed it, too. I'm glad.

Happy anniversary Rhonda, and I'm glad your foot is better, Sandra. Vickie, take care of that sciatica. I hope you feel better soon.

Sleep tight, y'all.

nancy237
11-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ....

I went on a 5 mile hike this morning with a ladies hiking group I found.
I wish we all lived in the same town and could walk together..
Then Robin & I grabbed dinner out .

We did the whole feast & family thing last weekend so
today was just a chill day for Robin & I . I do wish my boys would have called
today , but its okay.

I usually don't shop after Thanksgiving but a few Christmas gifts the kids want are 60% off so I am headed out at 5 am to fight the crowds. Robin is even going to the Home Depot for a wet/dry vac for $25 (reg 100)

I am trying to decide what diet to do . I really want to lose to feel better.
Trying to stick to 1200 calories just doesn't seem to work for me .
Cereal & breads rev up my appetite. Maybe I can just get my jaw wired shut
for a while.
I need to figure out something that I do exactly the same everyday.
Breakfast- eggs
Lunch-Protein shake
Dinner- 300 calorie recipe or Frozen dinner.
Snack- fruit & yogurt

Has anyone tried anything like this?? The time I halfway fasted and only had
about 500 calories for a week seemed easier than when I try to eat 1200
calories.. Whats up with that ???

sloanie
11-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Nancy, have you looked at anything about the new ww program that is coming out next week. One of the appealing things is that fruit is going to be free. I have been eating 20 points and not counting fruit, and I have been losing. Not counting fruit really helps. When I am hungry, I grab a piece of fruit. Maybe that will help you. I'm going next week when they release the new program. Want to join me?

nancy237
11-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Sloan...
I am going to check this out.. It would make more sense to do that program than something so extreme that I can't do for more than a few months.. At some point I need to learn to eat normal food and not gain...The new WW may be the very thing I need... I love the idea that I can have fruit if I am hungry.

jojo23
11-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Good news about the weight loss Sloanie. I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law. We are both in the same boat and I know how much it hurts.
The UK is having the earliest fall of snow for 18 years. We are OK here, just bitterly cold and icy. Scotland and the north east are having a dreadful time. Roads and motorways closed, schools closed and business badly affected. Yesterday I had to deliver neighbourhood watch flyers, Mark and I are coordinators in this road, which has over 80 houses in it. By the time I got half way round I was like a block of ice. A lady took pity on me, sat me down in the kitchen with a huge mug of coffee and sent her son to deliver the rest.
Mark had his 6 month check up (coronary in 2009) yesterday and they don't want to see him for a year so we are very pleased.
The castle in our city burned down in the 15th century and the only part left is the duck pond. However, the ground has never been built on and is landscaped beautifully. On Sunday we are having our usual Christmas Fayre on the castle grounds. Mark and I have not been for over 30 years. It is a lovely Fayre; all the stalls are Christmassy and carols play continuously. There is also a pig roast. So whatever the weather is like, we will go.
Have a good day everyone and if you see the sun, tell it to get over here

nancy237
11-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Sloane..Thanks for reminding me about the WW.

It sounds healthier than the diets that I am trying to do. Then if I want to spread my food out into small meals or lean towards the proteins I can do that within the framework of the WW.

I am going to start today with about 20 points (counting the way I remember from years ago) and having fruit if I am still hungry.

That will be a good start for me and then I will adjust what I am doing & how I am counting as I learn the new plan.

I love variety & I think this plan will allow that.

We are headed out to see a movie (Takers? with Matt Dillion)
then I need to get my messy house in order.

sloanie
11-26-2010, 09:07 PM
We have been moving my mom into her new house today. It is really nice, and I think she is excited. I'm so glad to see her interested in decorating it and getting things in order.

Nancy, I'm planning to go early in the week to get the new program. Lets do it together!

Jojo, thanks for the props. My weight loss is crazy. I am going through the "peri-menopause" thing, and I think the water weight gain is worse than with regular TOM. I can gain two pounds in a day and lose them the next. It's kinda frustrating, but I'm trying to measure and record only on Monday, so I can see the loss over the week instead of day to day. It snowed a little here last night. The day before, it was seventy degrees! Hope you stay warm. The story of the neighbor having you in for coffee was nice.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great night!

ontarget
11-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Am I wrong or does new program sound a little like CORE? Free fruit--free veggies. I'm excited and am planning to go to WW Tuesday AM. WW + OA should make for quite a combination. I'm pumped!!

JoJo, the Fayre sounds fabulous. We have what's called "Whistle Stop Christmas" here. Our local park is decorated with Christmas lights. I love it!

That is so neat about the lady getting her son to finish for you. Good people!!

Nancy and Sloan, ya'll are going for new program, too, aren't you? This is going to be exciting!

nancy237
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM
JoJo..I loved the story about the lady helping you thaw..Your community seems
close..I love that.

Sloan..I am so glad your mom has good spirits about moving in her place.
After my Mom died my dad sold the house they had lived in 30 years
and moved 2 blocks away. It was a new small space that was good for him.
My brother & I were afraid to ask if he might want to move & he was
afraid to ask us if we minded since it was our childhood home.
Once we all talked it out he was so excited about a space that didn't
remind him of mom in every room in a depressing way.

I did the WW flex about 5 years ago and lost 10 pounds & then stalled.
I am going to try the new plan but I am not sure the meetings are in my budget until I start working. I will just have to read what I can about it and try.

My cat is not home tonight. She explores around our house but always wants in at night so it worries me . We have coyotes in our woods which will kill cats. Sure hope she is okay. She is really a he but I call him a her LOL.

ontarget
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Nancy, I'm just going to go to WW meetings long enough to get materials and learn new program. I'm hoping that won't take over a couple of times.

Did she come home? I hope so. I used to spend a lot of tears worrying about cats I had. I know what you're going through.

jojo23
11-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Awoke to snow everywhere, and I mean everywhere! Blizzards in the north and east but just the white stuff here. Yesrerday morning |Mark said that he thought we should stock up on the food essentials so that we needn't go out if it was too icy in the coming days. We seem to have done it just in time!

Sloanie We hoped to be out of this house by now, but we just didn't have the energy to finish decorating. We hope now, to put it on the market in the spring.

Awww Nancy Is the cat back yet? How worrying for you.

ontarget
11-27-2010, 10:13 AM
JoJo, enjoy your white stuff. We have a light frost this morning. We don't get much snow here usually just a dusting. Glad you got your pantry stocked and don't have to get out.

Sloan, somehow I missed where you'd said you got your mother moved. I'm glad all is going well. I can imagine the emotions you're all dealing with now. :hug:

I'm heading to rehearsal in a few minutes. Should be fun. I really enjoy getting to know and to work with these young kids. A couple we met in Houston at the State Senior Games should be here when I get home. It'll be good to see them again.

Have a great, OP! day, everyone. I'll be back later.

nancy237
11-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone for caring about my kitty.
I kept going out & calling her every 30 minutes and finally at
2 am she came home !! Wouldn't you love to know what they are up to when they explore .

JoJo ..we are on the same schedule I think with our houses. We are a year behind our original plan because DH had a back issue this year and double knee
replacements. Now we hope to paint, retile the baths and get ready to put it on the market in the spring.

I am really motivated to stick to a diet right now.
Yesterday DH wanted Mexican , so I only ate one chip and
had 1/2 a mushroom quesadilla ?sp? I guessed it all to be about 300 calories.

From what I remember the WW points usually come out to
50 cal /point unless the food is very low fat or hight fiber. Does that
sound about right to go by while I am getting started ?
That would put me at about 1000 calories and then extra
fruit for snacks.

Tejas
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
:wave: family arriving in 1 1/2 hours for Thanksgiving meal....talk to you all later!

ontarget
11-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Nancy, that sounds about right to me. I've used the 50 cal per pt before and lost. Glad she came home.

Rhonda, enjoy your day.

I'm guessing the rest of you are out there doing holiday-related fun things. We have company this afternoon with more coming later. I'm taking a quick break to check on ya'll.

I'll be back later. Hugs to everyone!

sloanie
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey chicks, we've been working at my mom's house all day. We'll take the day off tomorrow, and work some more next weekend. She will move some small boxes and start unpacking. We shopped this afternoon for new things for her, and we had a good time. We are all really tired, but feel good about the progress we made. I'm at my sister's house now, drinking wine! I'll check in tomorrow while I work on mounds of paperwork for school. TTFN

Tejas
11-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Nancy, have you checked what your resting metabolic rate should be and then figured out what calories you should have. I know that we have all read that we should try to cut out 500 calories a day from that to lose. BUT, recently, I've read that is just too radical, and we should try for cutting out only 300 calories a day.

nancy237
11-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Nancy, have you checked what your resting metabolic rate should be and then figured out what calories you should have. I know that we have all read that we should try to cut out 500 calories a day from that to lose. BUT, recently, I've read that is just too radical, and we should try for cutting out only 300 calories a day.

It seems like I have to get down to about 1200 to lose unless I am exercising
a lot. Maybe I calculate wrong but when I was doing WW and eating 20 points plus about 5 flex per day I was just barely losing every week. I think that was about 1200 -1250 calories. I have lost a lot of muscle in the past 2-3 years .
Sometimes I wonder if the cholesterol meds I am on are causing that.

jojo23
11-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Just a quick one because Mark is warming up the car to go to this Christmas Fayre. I am wearing: Thermal top and leggings, trainers (running shoes) with 2 pairs of socks in them a polar fleece a woolly scarf 2 pairs of gloves and a beanie hat (There's nice I look!!!!) Snow and ice everywhere.

I've lost another 3lbs, that walking was worth it. Just a pound to go now for the Christmas challenge.

Talk to you properly on Monday.

Vickie
11-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up WAAAY to early. Things weighing on my mind and felt like I had to get going. I'm starting to feel like the crud is getting me. Not good.

Sloanie, I'm glad your Mom is doing well.

Tejas
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Nancy, cholesterol meds could cause muscle loss, as well as normal aging. So, lift some weights, girl! :barbell: I'm going to eat at 1400 calories a day this week and see what that does, if anytthing. I'm glad your kitty came home.

Jojo, I read about your snow...the most since 1993!? WOW.

Sloan, that's lovely news about your mom's new home. I hope she gets settled and enjoys decorating. That is so positive.

ontarget
11-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Sloan, I'm glad your mom is getting to make the move before Christmas. That should help her get through these holidays. I also like to read about you and your sister. You are truly blessed to have her closeby.

Nancy, good success to you. I hope you can build up your strength and lose weight.

Vickie, I hope you're having a good day. I'm battling some demons now, too. Life gets complicated sometimes, doesn't it?

JoJo, you sound so cute!!!! I'd be going "teddy bearish", too, if I were getting out in your weather. Please tell us all about the fayre. I need to live vicariously through you.

Speaking of living vicariously----Frouf, where are you? Are you out buying new clothes for our cruise?

Rhonda, I'm waving at you. If you see something fly by in the wind, it might be me. We're having a stout wind here that's heading your way. Well, you probably already have it, too.

I have rehearsal in a bit. We do our church play the 12th so there aren't many rehearsals left. And the high school Christmas play I'm in? It's the 11th. Life is good.

nancy237
11-28-2010, 02:58 PM
What does everyone do about estimating salad dressings at restaurants.
Waitresses usually do not know what oils are used in the dressing.
Do you think carrying your own is tacky ???
That is the only way I know to be sure about what the calories are ..

Vickie
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I always carry my own salad dressing in a little tupperware midget. I also carry my own pre-measure portion of smart balance light to use on the whole wheat pasta that I order plain. Then I have buttered angel hair with my salmon and fresh steamed veggies and my salad with my own dressing. I'm NOT embarrassed at all.

Sandra, you are so cute. I'm struggling BAD and do not want to go to JC tomorrow. Maybe I just won't weigh in.

ontarget
11-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Vickie, I'm going to WW Tues AM and the plan is--I"m not going to look at what they write down about my weight. :lol: Actually, I'm almost to the 30 day time for weighing, but I know I'll be devestated. Ergo--no peeky.

Nancy, I wouldn't be embarassed at all. Just do like Vickie suggests and take a cute little container. I may be doing that soon.

From what I'm seeing New Program doesn't count calories. This will be different. Sounds a lot like CORE in some ways. My interest is high.

sloanie
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
My interest is high, too. I was thinking it sounds like flore. I'm not sure when I'll go this week, but I plan to go asap.

Right now, I'm sitting by the fire watching Christmas movies and looking at my half decorated Christmas tree. I decided to add something to make it look fuller, so I have to wait to add the ornaments until I get that done. Hope you all are having a great evening. TTFN

ontarget
11-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Christmas tree! We were going to put ours up this weekend but got busy and forgot. :lol: Oh, well, we'll get it up soon.

You're right about its being more FLORE than CORE.

They should have named it FLORE.;)

nancy237
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Can we post a link with a lot of information about the new plan.
I just found it.

I just read the link rules and it sounds like this would be okay ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html

jojo23
11-29-2010, 02:46 AM
New pages up and running