Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Bloody buttons

Isn't the most depressing thing in the world having to sew the buttons back onto your trousers cos the 'popped' off. I am trying to convince myself that they were loose anyway and just waiting to fall off by themselves. Pass me the comfort food!
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #2  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

That happened on a coat I just bought and hadn't even buttoned up, and the buttons got lost too! I blame the buttons completely.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobear View Post
Isn't the most depressing thing in the world having to sew the buttons back onto your trousers cos the 'popped' off. I am trying to convince myself that they were loose anyway and just waiting to fall off by themselves. Pass me the comfort food!
Oh no,no, no.. Eating can't possibly *fix* this issue, it could only compound it. Not so comforting!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobear View Post
I don't think that's the most depressing thing in the world. And if that's the worst thing in your life right now you are pretty darn lucky.

That said, those buttons are a message - your pants are too small.

You get to decide what you do with that message. Sitting with the unhappiness of it, and just feeling unhappy about it but not reacting to the unhappiness by eating is a huge first step.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #5  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

It is pretty demoralizing. Especially when you know they're a tight and you sit down and hope you don't send the buttons flying across the room.

But as a logical person, you know you can either give up and buy bigger pants or stick to your commitment to your goal.
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/126/115

Height: 5'1"

Roobear....I feel your pain, though in my case the situation included a pair of shorts splitting! Luckily I was at home and rather than attempting to fix them, I got rid of the evidence
DexterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Just reassure yourself this is not going to happen again,you have sewn them on good and solid this time and the next time you slip into those pants you are going to be smaller and smaller. No comfort food, go up and inspect your other clothes for loose buttons since you are sewing anyway and then you can find if there's things you can genuinely blame the buttons for already being loose. Skinny folks' clothes eventually give up too, specially if you are doing that typical heavy person thing of buying one or two pairs of pants which you wash and wear in rotation ad infinitum becuase you don't want to buy several pairs in that size, there's only so long you can get out of materials before they give up, whether from standard wearing or constant laundering, and if they are still a little tight just now then they'll be a more comfrotable fit next time around. Don't panic!
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote