Weight Loss Support - Bloody buttons

View Full Version : Bloody buttons

roobear
11-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Isn't the most depressing thing in the world having to sew the buttons back onto your trousers cos the 'popped' off. I am trying to convince myself that they were loose anyway and just waiting to fall off by themselves.:cry: Pass me the comfort food!

KenzideRhae
11-20-2010, 07:47 PM
That happened on a coat I just bought and hadn't even buttoned up, and the buttons got lost too! I blame the buttons completely.

rockinrobin
11-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Isn't the most depressing thing in the world having to sew the buttons back onto your trousers cos the 'popped' off. I am trying to convince myself that they were loose anyway and just waiting to fall off by themselves.:cry: Pass me the comfort food!

Oh no,no, no.. Eating can't possibly *fix* this issue, it could only compound it. Not so comforting!

seagirl
11-20-2010, 08:03 PM

I don't think that's the most depressing thing in the world. And if that's the worst thing in your life right now you are pretty darn lucky.

That said, those buttons are a message - your pants are too small.

You get to decide what you do with that message. Sitting with the unhappiness of it, and just feeling unhappy about it but not reacting to the unhappiness by eating is a huge first step.

moon safari
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
It is pretty demoralizing. Especially when you know they're a tight and you sit down and hope you don't send the buttons flying across the room.

But as a logical person, you know you can either give up and buy bigger pants or stick to your commitment to your goal.

DexterMom
11-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Roobear....I feel your pain, though in my case the situation included a pair of shorts splitting! Luckily I was at home and rather than attempting to fix them, I got rid of the evidence :)

RoseRodent
11-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Just reassure yourself this is not going to happen again,you have sewn them on good and solid this time and the next time you slip into those pants you are going to be smaller and smaller. No comfort food, go up and inspect your other clothes for loose buttons since you are sewing anyway and then you can find if there's things you can genuinely blame the buttons for already being loose. Skinny folks' clothes eventually give up too, specially if you are doing that typical heavy person thing of buying one or two pairs of pants which you wash and wear in rotation ad infinitum becuase you don't want to buy several pairs in that size, there's only so long you can get out of materials before they give up, whether from standard wearing or constant laundering, and if they are still a little tight just now then they'll be a more comfrotable fit next time around. Don't panic!