South Beach Diet - Wacky Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Wacky Weekend Chat

BellaLucia
11-20-2010, 12:03 AM
It's the weekend before Thanksgiving ladies and gents. How do you plan to stay on plan, lol. Let's make this weekend a good one!

Natasha1534
11-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Good morning, Okie!!! I'm actually planning on straying on Thanksgiving Day (pretty much just for the dressing, LOL) and then getting right back on track. Not the BEST plan, I know, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday next to Christmas and I've made my mind up not to deny myself on that day. I am, however, making SB friendly desserts AND we're eating out instead of cooking at home, so I don't have all those leftovers to contend with.

What's everybody's plans for this weekend???

I'm off all weekend. Today we ran most of our errands (except I forgot to go to the bank, oops!!!). Tomorrow we're going to attend the Mistletoe Market (http://www.mistletoemarketperry.com/mp_includes/body.asp) and just see what it's like since we've never gone before. We've got to hit up Wal-mart at some point during the day and I'm going to try to put up some blinds I've been needing to put up for several years now and maybe paint the study and dye my hair. I'll probably save some of that for Sunday, of course. Sunday I'm going to make up the pumpkin bread so I can see how it turns out. I'll take it in to work on Monday and give it to my shift to eat, LOL

Ooh, if anybody goes to Sam's Club and likes edamame, they have an 8 pack of steamable bags for $5.98 and it's YUMMY!!! :) Even has the sea salt packets included.

Hope everybody has a nice relaxing weekend!!!

Natasha1534
11-20-2010, 03:47 AM
P.S. I've been talking myself out of going to the gym all night b/c my iPod is dead and I don't have time to wait for it to recharge...but I'm about to bite the bullet and go ahead and go. This will be the first time in forever that I didn't miss a workout during the week and have to make it up on Saturday or Sunday, LOL

BelovedK
11-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Good morning Okie, Natasha :)

Sounds like fun, Natasha. I plan to allow myself a plate of Thanksgiving food as well... No seconds though, and give away all of the leftovers (except maybe a bit for the kids) I am holding Thanksgiving tomorrow for my stepkids and grandkids.

I am still sick, and I have a million things to do today, no rest for the weary. I woke up early, coughing... Got up for a hot shower so I wouldn't wake DH (who is being nicer to me :) )

Please, oh please, let me feel better today.

BelovedK
11-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Rikki, I just saw your post :) I have been in the salon industry since I was 15 as a shampoo girl.... 17 as an apprentice, and 19 I was licensed... I am now 44, but I am a young 44, and have a huge trendy clientele. I am super busy too, for the holidays and hope to be through January (and beyond) I wish I could share my hair blog. Can I? There are no ads. I just assume I can't.

Natasha1534
11-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Just got home from the gym...I finally got up and went, LOL About to go to bed so I can get up in time to make it to the Mistletoe Market. :)

BelovedK
11-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Good to you for going to the gym !!!!

CyndiM
11-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Good morning cheerful early risers :coffee2: I was awake at 5:30 but I wasn't happy about it. My body just doesn't understand the sleeping in thing.

Okie - Did you see Harry Potter?

Natasha - Happy Weekend off!

Beloved - So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get lots of support and help this weekend.

Not much going on here - cooking, cleaning, shopping and a little work. We have 2 conference calls today, an hour each, and I need to monitor them. I can just put speaker phone on and do what I'm doing though so not a big deal.

We are going to brave Trader Joe's. We discovered Sunday mornings around 10 are really quiet and hope that's true this weekend too.

Thanksgiving is very low key for us so no problem staying on plan. I make individual pumpkin cheesecakes but just use a little almond meal in place of a crust.

How is your weekend shaping up? Stop in and say hello before life gets busy. I'll put an extra pot on :)

cottagebythesea
11-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Good morning girls, :coffee:

Okie ~ My plans are to stay on-plan not only through the weekend, but to try to make it through the entire week OP. I'm making several SBD friendly recipes to include in our Thanksgiving dinner, so my only challenge will be trying not to over-eat. I hope you manage to stay on track and have a plan for Thanksgiving dinner, too. :)

Natasha ~ Have fun at the Mistletoe Market! I'm looking forward to visiting a few Christmas markets myself. Did you get to the gym? I'm in awe of your dedication to getting your workout everyday, even with your busy schedule! That's a great deal that Sam's Club has on the edamame, but I'm not a member. I'll check at BJ's though to see if they have a similar deal, since I love edamame.

Beloved ~ Feel better today and don't let that coughing get the best of you! I'm so glad that your DH is playing nice again.

Jake and I are watching Amber and Tyler today, and are picking them up at 7:30 to take them to breakfast with us, then we're coming home to make gingerbread men. I promised to take Amber to Barnes & Noble for a special book signing, too, so we'll include that in our day.

Good morning, Cyndi! I'm glad your conference calls today aren't going to put a damper on your weekend!

CyndiM
11-20-2010, 07:24 AM
:wave: good morning Cottage. Now I'm wondering what ever happened to my gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters :) Could you send a little of that gingerbread baking smell my way?

Heidi58
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Good Morning!:

I've got a busy weekend planned, lots of cleaning and cooking to get done before family starts arriving on Monday. :) In between tasks today I'll be babying my dog. She's used to being the queen of the castle and she's not going to be very happy about the "grand cats" visiting for the holidays. :lol:

I've got tons to do but I'm feeling much better this morning. More rested and less overwhelmed (I'm pretty much caught up at school now), so I'm hoping it will be easier to focus on eating well and exercising faithfully again. I'm anxious to see the scale moving down again....

Hi Okie :wave:

Natasha, your comment about your iPod made me smile. I've exercised without an ipod for 3 decades but like you, I feel like it's a tragedy when I have to do my long walk without my iPod these days! LOL Mine is getting some age on it now and it just doesn't stay charged as long as it used to.... but I'm not ready to invest in a new one just yet.

Beloved, I hope you feel better as the day goes on today. :hug: I've got my :fingers: that your family Thanksgiving will go really well.

Hi Cyndi, I still haven't made it to the new Trader Joe's in Portland. My daughter wants to check it out while she's here from Houston so I'm hoping we'll get there one day this week.

Good morning Cottage, I'd like to be hanging around your house this afternoon - I absolutely LOVE the smell of gingerbread. I'm not that big on the taste but boy do I love the smell of gingerbread cookies in the oven. I make them for my k students to decorate every December and my colleagues always act like I'm so dedicated to do that... but the truth is I look forward to that yummy smell all year! ;)

Enjoy your Saturday friends!

Heidi58
11-20-2010, 07:27 AM
:rofl: I just saw your post Cyndi, I guess everyone likes that gingerbread smell, eh?

annieoh
11-20-2010, 07:43 AM
It's just hubby and me for Thanksgiving; I think we plan a nice steak or shrimp dinner, with fresh veggie side dish. Christmas will be more challenging with my parents and sister here for the holidays.

Phase 2 starts on Sunday for us. My husband does all the cooking (except for my lunches, which I make in a big batch on the weekend), and I'm not sure exactly what he has planned for the week. I think we adding oatmeal for breakfast this week, but I'll know more after grocery shopping today. He's done a great job of keeping us on track (easy to do when we only have SB friendly foods in the house - we made a huge donation to a family friend (who are down on their luck) of the foods we can't/shouldn't eat any more recently. Now we just buy what we should buy.

Monday I start - oh, how I wish I was kidding - P90X with a friend (him at his home, me at mine) in the mornings. This is in addition to my usual twice weekly sessions with the trainer at my gym, and DDR on the Wii. I suspect I'm going to regret agreeing to this before the 90 days are up.

Lexxiss
11-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

I didn't get home from Denver until late last night. I was tired but made an OP dinner and let myself get some rest. We're going back down this morning. The Museum of Nature and Science is having final viewing of many of the mastadon, mammoth and sloth bones which were found this fall when they drained a reservoir in Snowmass, near Aspen. The locals are joking about renaming their town Snowmastadon. It should be exciting. I'm taking an OP lunch with us.

Okie, thanks for getting us started. How do I plan to stay on plan? First, I will plan. I don't do well with surprises. For me, saying I'm going off for the day doesn't work too well. On Thursday when we had a turkey meal, I only put OP foods on my plate, then had one piece of pumpkin pie without whipped cream and ditched the crust. I didn't bring leftovers home that weren't SBD friendly. I'm also being very careful in the days leading up to TG. I want to be thin more than I want to eat all that stuff, especially since I have such a strong tendency to overeat.

Natasha, the Mistletoe Market sounds fun! Great job planning ahead for the week. Yay for getting to the gym!

BelovedK, it sounds like today will be a bit of a struggle since you don't feel well. :hug: I have posted my therapy group website before. I don't think there's a problem posting a link here in a daily post.

Cyndi, I hit some stores yesterday and got stocked up with salad stuff for my lunches. Any other things I need to do will be early. Have fun today!

Linda, your day with the grandkids sounds fun!

Heidi, I'm glad to hear your kids are coming-and the grandcats! Poor Penny!

Annie, your TG plans sound nice. That was very thoughtful to give your off plan foods to a family friend who is having hard times. Lol on P90X.

Ok, off to wake up DH. We need to get rolling here!

BelovedK
11-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning all!

I am in a great mood (despite being sick,) DH is being REALLY nice! I am still in my PJs and getting ready to light candles and start the big job of cooking and cleaning! I actually love it as long as I get help with the rest of the house (which I will)

xo to all!

WaistingTime
11-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Good morning chicks.

You are killing me with the gingerbread talk. LOVE it. Cake, cookies. Now I have the tea and that is it. Sigh.

I am struggling to stay OP right now. I have a bad habit of what I refer to as "pre-cheating." When I know there is something coming up that will likely mean I eat off plan, like Thanksgiving, I tend to fall off plan in anticipation. Kinda like... why eat well now when I will just blow it in a few days. So far I have stayed OP but am definitely eating too much... snacking to keep out of my husbands chocolates. Sigh.

Must get my butt on the elliptical now. No bike ride today since DH is playing basketball.

BellaLucia
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Karen, I feel your pain. I haven't cheated but I want to so bad! I gotta keep my focus! I didn't get to see Harry Potter yesterday, my pal who I was going with had to go see her Uncle at the hospital. I hope he's doing better and I hope I can meet up with her today.

Ruthxxx
11-20-2010, 03:20 PM
QUick Hi from snowy Nanaimo, BC. Because of the weather, my DD and I decided to cook Christmas dinner today and found a pre-stuffed (cook from frozen) turkey. Her DH has to work out on the ocean today (brrr!) and will be really glad to smell turkey when he walks in the door this afternoon.

Yesterday we shopped for gifts and I got what I deeded except for a gift from Mary Ellen who was with me every minute. :shrug: I'll wrap them while I'm here and leave them to avoid mailing costs.

I'm considering seeing the Harry Potter movie with my grans while I'm here. It'll depend onthe winter driving situation later.

Don't even ask if I'm managing to stay on plan, OK?

TallandThin
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
We don't have too many plans this weekend and it's probably a good thing as snow is predicted for tomorrow. This morning I made a cheesecake (no, not SB friendly) for my GS2 and I'm proud to say I got thru it without even a lick. It is in the over and the dishes are all done so I'm safe! :smug:. Tomorrow DH will watch the last Nascar race of the season and I'll putter around doing laundry, etc. until time to go to our DD2 for dinner. I'll be taking leftover lentil sausage soup and grn salad for me and won't mind a bit what the rest of the family is eating.

Okie, thanks for getting us started.

Nat, you are so busy. "Paint the study" alone would keep me occupied for longer than just one weekend. I admit that I don't even know what in the heck edamame is but am going to google it and find out. I am learning so much on this website. Just read that you decided to go to the gym. As Martha would say, it's a good thing. I know I would hate to have to do a makeup day. I've been thinking about getting something to listen to when I'm walking but am so behind the times, not sure what to get.

Beloved, sure hope you feel better today. With everything that you need to do, you might just have to pace yourself and take a break and rest every now and then. Glad DH is being nicer. That sure makes it a lot easier.

Hey Cyndi :wave:. I need to make a run to Trader Joe's soon as I want to put together a gift basket of mostly nuts for my daughters for Christmas.

Cottage, I remember making gingerbread men and houses plus the Christmas sugar cutout cookies with my grandchildren but they are too old now for that and so far none of them have given us an great grandchildren yet :(.

Heidi, know what you mean about cleaning before family arrives. I plan on doing some of that this weekend too. I have a cut glass collection that sits on glass and mirror shelves and omg the dust. Got to get those done.

Annie, how much easier it would be to have a partner on the beach with me. My DH is tall and thin (weighs almost the same as he did when we married over 50 years ago) and of course eats anything and everything he wants but just doesn't like most of SB friendly meals so I'm having to cook his meals separately which can be a pain sometimes.

Lex, have fun at the museum, it's sounds so interesting.

WT, Hang on with your fingernails if you have to. Get those thoughts out of your head and think how good you are going to feel if you stay op and get thru these next few days.

Well, I got out and walked this morning even though it was raining. Even though I didn't want to this morning and my legs felt heavy, it felt so good when I was finished. Now it's time to get the laundry started and fix lunch for DH.

Try hard my friends to stay on plan and have a good Wacky Saturday.

Later

cottagebythesea
11-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I sent all the gingerbread men home with the grandkids, but my house is still full of the wonderful spicy smell. Shall I blow some your way? ;)

Shad
11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
You could blow some my way Cottage, but you will have to blow awfully hard. South East or South West doesn't matter from where you are.

Take a deep breath now and blow! Thanks

Lexxiss
11-20-2010, 06:33 PM
We had a great time at the museum and saw people in a lab scraping dirt off an ancient bison skull. It was amazing! These skeletons have not fossilized and turned to stone. They have been preserved in peat for 15,000 years minimum.

OP so far, today!

Karen, stay strong and I suggest starting on a "new" mentality. I stay strong during days like today so I can have flexibility when I need it. No need for me to hose out the cupboard in the role of human garbage disposal today, when I can sit down later this week and enjoy a sane holiday mealů.anyway that's my train of thought (and the visual helps me).

Okie, stay strong!

Ruth, :wave: Merry Christmas!

TallandThin, I'm sure Trader Joes has edamame. Yum! You rock on not licking bowls, which can be such a big trigger! Perhaps the up to date gals can give you and I an Ipod lesson someday. I'm behind the times, too!

Joy(Shad), :wave: I pondered the quote in your sig. Very powerful! Thx!

BelovedK
11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Karen, the pre off plan cheating, that is what I do!!! I hadn't defined it, but thatnk you! Somehow, knowing what I am doing and why makes it easier to stop it the next time.

I am coughing my lungs out, I stayed busy all day cleaning in prep for tomorrow's feast. I even prepped the food (coughing the other way mind you)

I am sorry no personals, I just wanted to check in. I found out that the football game will be on at 1 EST, everyone is arriving between 12:30 and 1. We will see.

BellaLucia
11-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Feel better BelovedK, we love you! I saw Harry Potter by myself and I cried! I also laughed! My friend and I are going out tomorrow and I think I will watch For Colored Girls again, more my speed.

Natasha1534
11-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Hey again, everybody!!! :) Hope you guys are having a good weekend so far. Finally got into the brownies that I made the other day tonight, baked mom a double batch of the whole wheat chocolate chip cookies, made the taco casserole, went to Mistletoe Market, and watched The Last Song. I'm pissed, though, b/c the disc was damaged and we had to skip several scenes towards the end b/c it wouldn't move forward. So basically I have no idea why her dad thought he was responsible for burning down the church. *shrugs*

Cyndi - Ooooh, pumpkin cheesecakes sound delicious!!! I was planning on making a cheesecake and toyed w/ the idea of buying some pumpkin spice, but I think I'm just going to make a regular cheesecake and the pumpkin bread.

cottage - Yes ma'am, I finally got off my rear end and headed out to the gym around 0430 hrs. Good luck finding the edamame at BJ's!!! ;)

Heidi - It's so funny, ain't it, that we did w/o iPods for so many years and now it's like you just can't live w/o them...it's like cellphones!!! What in the world did we EVER do w/o cellphones, right??? LOL I can manage w/o my iPod if I have a magazine to read (thank God I did last night) but it never fails that I get stuck w/ hearing either Taylor Swift or Katy Perry at the gym every time I don't have my iPod. UGH!!!

annieoh - We do steak and shrimp w/ a salad and twice-baked potatoes (pre-SB, obviously) for Christmas every year. This year we have to ditch the potatoes and, since I recently developed an allergy, the shrimp as well. I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Night, so we'll be doing our dinner early. Congratulations on making it through Phase I...the hardest part is over, hon!!!

Beloved - Hope you feel better soon!!! Glad that the hubby is being nicer to you. ;)

WaistingTime - BACK AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATES!!! LOL It's just not worth it...right??? Hope you made it on to the elliptical w/o those chocolates reaching out and grabbing you. I don't know how I would do if there were chocolates in the house that aren't sugar-free.

Ruth - Enjoy your Christmas Dinner...hey, you gotta get it when you can, right??? ;) Enjoy your time w/ the grandkids and worry about getting back on plan when you get back. ;)

TallandThin - Good for you for making it through the cheesecake preparation w/o indulging. Aside from tiramisu, cheesecake is my favorite...you're a better woman than me, for sure!!! ;) Don't be fooled...our study is super small. ;) It shouldn't take long to paint it at all. As for edamame, it's just soybeans. I had never had it until I visited a friend in Boston a few years ago. It's lovely just served steamed in the pod (don't eat the pod, LOL) w/ some sea salt. YUMMERS!!! Don't feel too far behind...I just got an iPod a few months ago and I ended up just buying it from my niece for $20 (which she tried to turn down). It's an OLD nano that's only 4G...I think the new nanos are up to 16G!!!

Okie - I heard For Colored Girls was a really good flick...I might have to go see it sometime.

The Mistletoe Market was fun. We ended up buying a couple of pieces of jewelry at good prices and we got 2 hours of walking in while we did it. ;) Now I'm going to head to bed...I've got a lot to do tomorrow, so I need to be up bright and early. Have a good Sunday!!!

Lexxiss
11-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Natasha, I think I'll head to bed, too. Your day sounded fun, except for the movie.

I ended up at my moms after our museum trip and she was cooking off 2 turkey carcasses she had brought home from the Sr. center and making Posole. It was a major disaster zone, so I helped her finish and clean up and my kitchen got neglected. I was headed to bed about 9pm and found one of the pups(probably Rudi) had peed on the carpet in the laundry room. So....I got out the carpet cleaner and once that project was finished I was wide awake. I've burned my candle at the wrong end and am headed to bed, but got alot accomplished in addition to the carpet. I now have a mental idea of how I will strategize to have an enjoyable Thursday with the younger generation. I have no choice about the event, and it's fun, just too much partying and bad food. *lightbulb* goes on I will take a knitting project to enjoy while they drink beer for hours. (last year I dipped into the crisco cake)

On that note, have a great Sunday! See ya'll later.

BelovedK
11-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the well wishes :)

I got up at 5 to get the stuffing started in the slow cooker, I have no idea how long the turkey will take, it is a smallish one so I don't think more than 3 1/2 hours or so. I feel a bit better this morning, I took Mucinex and it helps get things moving. Yech, I hate being sick.

Natasha, I saw The Last Song ans cried so hard with my DD (10) that I was still crying in the parking lot :o I am a sap, but that was a good movie (and I wasn't expecting it to be)

Lexxiss, I think it's a good idea to take a knitting project, I used to knit, it is meditative and keeps your hands busy (no eating, lol) Sorry about the carpet pee, that's a puppy for you :)

Cottage, I got some Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread tea, you should try some, it helps with the gingerbread craving :)

T&T, Congrats for resisting the cheesecake. I may make a sugar free one for Thanksgiving (my MIL is diabetic) it really sounds like you are going to have a nice relaxing and cozy Sunday, enjoy :)

Ruth, yummy Xmas dinner :) I want to see Harry Potter too, I think we might see it on Thanksgiving evening, it turns out that DH's family IS holding a Tgiving dinner. I love shopping for others, I can't wait for black Friday (DH did the whole thing together last year)

cottagebythesea
11-21-2010, 07:22 AM
:coffee: Good Sunday morning!

Beloved, truth be told, I'm like Heidi. I love the aroma of gingerbread, but I don't care for eating it. I bet your house is going to be smelling good pretty soon and I hope your dinner is a big success. I'm glad you are feeling better!

I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee after a very busy day yesterday. Besides baking gingerbread men, I took the grandkids to Barnes & Noble for the reading and book signing of the author of the Skippyjohn Jones books. (I can't remember her name. :dizzy:) Anyway, the place was packed and our number was 67 to have the books signed. We waited over 2 hours, and I checked and found out it would be at least another hour or so before they got to our number, so we finally decided to leave. The kids were happy, though, since I bought each of them a new book with a CD, and a stuffed Skippyjohn Jones. After they went home and I got the house tidied up, Andrea called and asked if they could come back for a few hours because there was a power outage on their block. So they were here until close to 10pm last night. It was fun, but Jake and I were both tired and happy to see our bed after they finally left.

Today is going to be a lot less hectic. I already stripped the bed and will get the laundry started when we get back from breakfast. I'm going to make lasagna for supper for the gang, and I'll make a SBD friendly butternut squash lasagna for myself so I'll have leftovers for the week. :)

Have a great day, whatever your plans are, and I hope Ruth enjoyed a nice pre-Christmas dinner with her DD's family!

CyndiM
11-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Good morning :coffee2: We are getting ready for an early morning trip to Trader Joe's. Last time we got there early on a Sunday it was empty and made for a pleasant trip. Hoping for the same this morning. After that it's farmer's market then home for more cleaning, cooking, & laundry. I'm going to try to get a break early enough to go out for a walk too. The time change is still throwing me off. I'll be back later for personals.

Heidi58
11-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Good morning!
It sounds like everyone is having a busy, productive weekend!

Fergie is going to go pick up my mom tomorrow so I want to get everything done today, so I can just relax and visit with her tomorrow when I get home from school. We've got plans to have lunch with friends after church so I got up early to get some zucchini bread in the oven this morning. So much to do and so little time - but I do love this time of year. :lol:

TallandThin, my DH took a while to adjust to eating differently. It's been over a year now though and he's resigned himself to this new way of eating. I still do 2 meals occasionally but most of the time he'll eat whatever I fix these days and he will make the white chili, refried bean soup and a few other recipes from this site on days when I have meetings after school. Here's hoping your DH will come around, too. :crossed:

Ah, my oven timer is beeping. Time to see how the zucchini bread looks!
Have a great Sunday friends! :hug:

Heidi58
11-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Oh Linda - I already knew you were a good grandmother just from reading your posts, but now I'm convinced that you are a SUPER grandmother. A whole afternoon of "Skippito Friskito your favorite perrito"? :faint:
I HATE Skippyjon Jones! :rofl:

He's a favorite with my students though, so I read and reread the books often. Have you seen the website? It's very well done. My students love the "Dress up Skippyjon" and the clapping game. There are videos and other cute things, too.

BellaLucia
11-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Natasha, "For Colored Girls" was an epic movie! It had some Oscar worthy performances!

Lexxiss
11-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I HATE Skippyjon Jones! :rofl:.
I don't need to investigate any further, I'm certain that I would not be a Skippjon Jones fan....sadly, I haven't participated in the paws to read program at our elementary school, not because of my dog, but because every time I would go every kid would read the same book and I just couldn't endure. I think the zero tolerance is because I don't have kids.

Have a great day everyone! I slept until 730 and need to get ready for brunch. I have one old spot to clean before I put the carpet cleaner away. It's beautiful here right now but a big storm is supposedly on the way. Since they come from the West, they back up on the continental divide until they just get pushed over and we get dumped on. :crossed: I could actually squeak a bike ride in if it would just hold for awhile.

WaistingTime
11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Just got back from watching my teen cross the finish line in his first half marathon. I was worried about him running; he has not done any running since early summer. Ah, youth.

Ruthxxx
11-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Quickie from snowy Nanaimo - the city with palm trees downtown. They sure look weird with snow!

This morning I'll wrap gifts to leave here and then Mary Ellen and I will have a girly lunch before she takes me to her house. Darling Dave, her DH and I are going to cook together for tonight's family dinner. Jessica is bringing her first really serious boyfriend home to meet her 'cool" grandma - also her only grandma. I'll try to behave and be cool.

Outta here early tomorrow morning to fly to Vancouver, pick up a car and visit my friend in Langley. See y'all later mid-week.

TallandThin
11-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Calif greetings friends :wave: I just got back from my walk and it is cold with a little wind out there. The snow hasn't arrived here yet but I hear is just up the road a piece. It is real quiet out this morning. I stopped to catch my breath at the top of "the hill" and watched a leaf float down the irrigation ditch. So peaceful. Then a few Canadian honkers flew over and were "talking" a lot just as they came down and landed in a pond. They are so pretty. DH has his nose in the final Nascar race of the season so I'm on my own this morning. As soon as the race is over we are going to GS3's indoor soccer game and after that to dinner at DD2's to celebrate GS2's birthday. Thanks goodness his cheesecake is leaving my house although it hasn't been bothering me once I got it in the oven.

Nat, there is no way I could do the baking you do and not over eat everything! Perhaps some day. I will be making a trip to TJ's soon and will definitely have edamame on my list. What area should I look for it in do you know?

Lex, you made me laugh about the puppy pee. This past July I took care of my DD1's 8 week old puppy for two weeks and went out of my mind cleaning and scrubbing the floor in his blocked off area even though he made it to the puppy pad most of the time. I don't knit but do crochet and use it as a deversion tactic at times.

Beloved, glad you are feeling a bit better (or maybe it is just the Mucinex) but hope you are on your way back to good health.

Cottage, you are such a good Grandma. I hear you though, love having my grandkids over but kinda glad when they leave and I can rest too.

Cyndi, good shopping at Trader Joe's!

Heidi, don't work too hard today getting your house in order for your mom (but we all do it, don't we?)

Lex, we are in the middle of a heck of a storm so it will be coming your way soon.

WT, how fun. We always enjoy watching our girls and GK's in their sports.

Ruth, enjoy your family and have a safe trip.

Later

cottagebythesea
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
TallandThin ~ You can find fresh edamame, with and without the pods, in the refrigerated section of TJ's, and you can also find it frozen in the freezer section. IMHO, the frozen is just as good as the fresh. (Once you steam them, of course!)

Heidi ~ I wasn't really too familiar with Skippyjon Jones until yesterday, but just wait until you become a grandmother. You'll find yourself willing to anything for your grandchildren, LOL!

We just had a near disaster here when Jake climbed up into the attic crawlspace to try to re-route the bathroom exhaust vent and had a bad spasm while he up there. That, on top of discovering the shoddy way the builder did some things, and nothing fitting together right, and gashing his head on a protruding roof nail, and almost falling throught the bathroom ceiling. Tensions were running high for a while, but now that's is done, we just looked at each other and starting laughing until our sides hurt. :dizzy:

I just called the kids and told them Jake and I needed some down time to chill out the rest of the day. :^:

Natasha1534
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
No time for personals right now...just wanted to share the pic of the study. I've got the first coat almost completely finished. I hate hate HATE that blue color that was there...it's so depressing!!! So we're painting it "Georgia Bulldog RED"...ha ha.

Oops...ETA picture

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/l_1d5c45cc534f456dafd614d16a4148d1.jpg

BelovedK
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Natasha, I love the red!!!!

I would share pics of the family, but for some reason my computer is low on disc space (and I just deleted a bunch of stuff (irked) so now I can't even load my pics onto my computer :( I have so many good ones, not sure what to do. I just deleted tons of things after saving to discs

I am sick once again :( Or maybe this is the kind of thing that is worse in the evening.

I was Totally Off Plan today, and it was planned, but tomorrow, it is back on. I actually packed myself a small plate of leftovers, but will give it to my kids.

Oh, now my nose is getting stuffy and my throat hurts (whining, complaining me) Oh, I'm coughing bad again :(

BellaLucia
11-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Feel better BelovedK!