Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Forum - Fri. 19 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok today is Friday..yesterday I did a mini make over...I did my nails...and toes..cut my hair.. got some Crest strips from the dentist(better than the ones in the store) to whiten my teen some..Today I'm wearing a new outfit... sometimes you just need to do a mini makeover to make you feel good and fresh...
I had let myself go for awhile before I started losing weight..so now I feel wonderful again and positive..and I'm smiling more.
***I love the Group No Cheat Thanksgiving...***
my husband and I went to the movies yesterday...he had popcorn..
I had celery chunks and a poppyseed protein bar..I was thrilled no more popcorn stomach ache..
Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok today is Friday..yesterday I did a mini make over...I did my nails...and toes..cut my hair.. got some Crest strips from the dentist(better than the ones in the store) to whiten my teen some..Today I'm wearing a new outfit... sometimes you just need to do a mini makeover to make you feel good and fresh...
I had let myself go for awhile before I started losing weight..so now I feel wonderful again and positive..and I'm smiling more.
I had celery chunks and a poppyseed protein bar..I was thrilled no more popcorn stomach ache..
Where is the no cheat group? I am so a part of that. I won't cheat until February 20th...not one little anything.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #4  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Happy Friday, everyone. Hope you are all gearing up for a terrific IP weekend. Got my 20 posts and 20 days done. I am usually a lurker on forums but I have to say that this one is much different. What a great way to stay motivated - seeing all the successes. The Christmas Challenge is a great idea and another way to help us keep on track for the holidays.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #5  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Morning. Today is going to be a challenge as my grandson is having surgery today so I'll be at the hospital all day. I've got my IP packets packed to eat and will watch whatever else I eat. I'm so happy I've found this diet as I feel this time I can succeed. The support here is awesome. Love ready the posts and see others share my struggles.
Paula
Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

I'm hoping that I don't totally blow it on Thanksgiving.

I already know that I will have a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and a couple of bits of the sweet potatoes. I LOVE stuffing, but, I only love mine. Since I'm going to a relative's house the stuffing will be easy to avoid. I'm taking an appetizer and a side dish.

When I think about all of the food that is offered at our usual family functions, I feel pretty good knowing that I can avoid 95+% of what's going to be offered throughout the day/evening.

A bigger challenge for me will be the week after Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation visiting my son and his family who live in another state (a 3 yo grandson and a new 2 month old grandson that I can't wait to meet) I'm really thinking about shipping some supplies out to them for me, since I don't want to risk the airlines confiscating it. We are going to be busy, so I'm hoping I can still do well.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Good morning and Happy Friday! I'm so pleased this morning that the scale is finally moving again. I've been stalled for a couple of weeks. I think that I wasn't drinking enough water. Although I'm usually very good about drinking plenty of water, it's a little more difficult for me in the winter. Anyway, I know that it's been talked about time and time again on this forum, but it can't be said enough - Make sure you're drinking enough water - it makes a difference!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Jennifer
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #8  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

RockyMonarch & PetiteandCute I responded to you ladies this morning on yesterday's thread. Thank you for the butt kicking!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #9  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning and happy Friday! Woke up to a winter wonderland. I hope everyone is finding a way to keep warm with a layer of insulation gone off our bodies.

I have a very tempting weekend ahead. My oldest daughter has decided to have a "Harry Potter" party this weekend. This is in lieu of a "sweet sixteen". (Her birthday is actually Jan.2) In preparation we are making chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, licorice wands, etc. We are going to the movies to watch the newest release and then dinner at our house with a "Snitch" cake.

I'll be fine at the movies, I've learned to bring an IP snack and resist the popcorn. I can resist the candy, including not licking the chocolate off my fingers. It's the cake that will be tough. One of her friends is baking it for her and may be insulted if I don't try it. I will do my best to tactfully refuse.

My daughter's real birthday will be during the time I am phased off - I can celebrate with her then.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Friday Morning!!

37 days until !!

Inspirational thought for the day: Respect yourself. Place a high value on yourself!!

Well after a disappointing turn out to my home business Christmas Open House Wed. nite...I am picking myself up and getting going!!! Today is the 1st day of the rest of my life and it is going to be a great one!!!

We have lots of snow here now....looks very Christmasy and sparkly out there...

Off to have my Maple Oatmeal...just the thing on a cold winter day!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #11  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I saw this in a tweet this morning - it seemed very appropriate for my feelings yesterday and the responses I got! :-)

"Honest feedback should not be easy to hear. You should have to take it in, chew on it a while, & really let it simmer to get full benefit."
Old 11-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
JudoGirl I have a mini Spa nite at least twice a month....a nice thing to do for ourselves. Good treats at the movie...popcorn doesn't bother me now, DH eats it almost every evening...getting used to the smell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
Morning. Today is going to be a challenge as my grandson is having surgery today so I'll be at the hospital all day. I've got my IP packets packed to eat and will watch whatever else I eat. I'm so happy I've found this diet as I feel this time I can succeed. The support here is awesome. Love ready the posts and see others share my struggles.
Paula
Paula I hope your Grandson does well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post

I already know that I will have a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and a couple of bits of the sweet potatoes. I LOVE stuffing, but, I only love mine. Since I'm going to a relative's house the stuffing will be easy to avoid. I'm taking an appetizer and a side dish.

When I think about all of the food that is offered at our usual family functions, I feel pretty good knowing that I can avoid 95+% of what's going to be offered throughout the day/evening.

A bigger challenge for me will be the week after Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation visiting my son and his family who live in another state (a 3 yo grandson and a new 2 month old grandson that I can't wait to meet) I'm really thinking about shipping some supplies out to them for me, since I don't want to risk the airlines confiscating it. We are going to be busy, so I'm hoping I can still do well.
SJackson You will do great on Thanksgiving....I had 2 others here for our Canadian Thanksgiving and we totally did IP and didn't feel deprived AND felt soo much better than everyone else after!!! No sitting around wishing we hadn't ate so much and wanting to sleep for us!!! I took my IP packets on the plane all the way to Germany!! some in my checked baggage and some in my carry on. There shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiles View Post
Good morning and Happy Friday! I'm so pleased this morning that the scale is finally moving again. I've been stalled for a couple of weeks. I think that I wasn't drinking enough water. Although I'm usually very good about drinking plenty of water, it's a little more difficult for me in the winter. Anyway, I know that it's been talked about time and time again on this forum, but it can't be said enough - Make sure you're drinking enough water - it makes a difference!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Jennifer

Jennifer Yep water is the key..I also am having a bit of trouble getting my water in, but yesterday came upon somewhat of a solution...I made a carafe of herbal peppermint tea and drank that throughout the day..on these cold winter days it is so soothing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Good Morning and happy Friday! Woke up to a winter wonderland. I hope everyone is finding a way to keep warm with a layer of insulation gone off our bodies.

I have a very tempting weekend ahead. My oldest daughter has decided to have a "Harry Potter" party this weekend. This is in lieu of a "sweet sixteen". (Her birthday is actually Jan.2) In preparation we are making chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, licorice wands, etc. We are going to the movies to watch the newest release and then dinner at our house with a "Snitch" cake.

I'll be fine at the movies, I've learned to bring an IP snack and resist the popcorn. I can resist the candy, including not licking the chocolate off my fingers. It's the cake that will be tough. One of her friends is baking it for her and may be insulted if I don't try it. I will do my best to tactfully refuse.

My daughter's real birthday will be during the time I am phased off - I can celebrate with her then.
MamaDancer What fun....a Happy Potter party!!! I love the books and movies (even though I am 61!!) Sit back and enjoy watching your daughter and her friends!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I saw this in a tweet this morning - it seemed very appropriate for my feelings yesterday and the responses I got! :-)

"Honest feedback should not be easy to hear. You should have to take it in, chew on it a while, & really let it simmer to get full benefit."
Love the quote!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

The side effect of being COLD is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

Sorry there's my vent for the day lol.

Last edited by njajcjmomma; 11-19-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post

I have nightmares that I accidentally eat something and throw myself out of ketosis. I am not going to cheat on Thanksgiving. I have already practiced Cauliflower mashed potatoes.

I had to fly a few times now, and I had a hard time getting my water in.
Closed Thread