General chatter - It is ALL ABOUT the Wizard today!!!

vdander24
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Okay, so I am super excited about the Harry Potter release tonight in the U.S and YES... I am going to the midnight premier!

For those of you who think I am crazy to be in line at midnight, just have this to say: Don't knock it 'til you try it!
The fans at a midnight there are not there by accident, so the oohs and aahs, the gasps, cheers, boos and claps are louder and more intense, so you really feel the movie.
If you want to sit quietly, and contemplate the movie on your own, and can't stand talking during the movie, then Tuesday afternoon is the time for you.
But if you want to really get into a movie, catch a nap and stay up late... You won't regret it!

Also, I am 38 and I now have a passionate love of reading, thanks to Harry Potter. I was not a reader in my youth, or even earlier adulthood. I was told to read it, and have not looked back. I have since expanded to "adult" books and even some of the classics, but I owe it to Harry and his wonderful friends!

They will always hold a very special place in my heart :-)

lizziep
11-18-2010, 05:17 PM
yaaay! i can't wait. I'm skipping the midnight premier this time, but only because it just happens to be convenient for me. i'm going on monday afternoon.

i have gone to two of the mightnight movie openings though, and you're right they are pretty magical. i went to the first one and there were a ton of kids dressed up for it and everything- i felt a little old and out of place, but now i just don't care.

i also went to the midnight book release party and barnes & noble for the last book and it was a blast!!

molldoll
11-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll be there tooo!!!!! I can't wait! :) :)

audri8301
11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I really want to go at midnight, but I will never make it through work tomorrow if I try. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow night.

Sunshine73
11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I would love to hit the midnight release but can't because there is no way I'd be able to make it through work tomorrow!! However, I choose to believe that the fact that Harry Potter is being released on my birthday is a cosmic "happy birthday" to me and we will be going to see it tomorrow after work!!

Alicia87
11-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm excited!! and I'm jealous of those of you going to the midnight premiere!! I've done midnight premieres before, I think they are sooo fun :) This time I am not able to go, but I am very excited to see it this weekend!!

vdander24
11-18-2010, 09:50 PM
SUNSHINE73 - It absolutely is!!! Happy Birthday!
I will be heading out in a couple of hours, and can't wait!! I promise I will NOT be giving any spoilers in the morning.

Shopaholic1204
11-19-2010, 03:34 AM
I just got home!! I cannot believe how amazing it was!!! We're going to go see it again in IMAX.

ebb&flow
11-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I won't be at the midnight showing, but I am so looking forward to seeing it. I am also glad that they broke the last book up into two movies instead of trying to cram all that action into one.

lizziep
11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Happy birthday indeed!

also not to be a super nerdy nerdy nerd - but Harry and I have the EXACT same birthday down to the year 7/31/80 and I think that freaking rocks!

vdander24
11-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to say that it was totally worth the wait last night. I am glad they broke up the last book, and I think it was definitely one of the better movies. I am already excited for the next one!

Shopaholic - I, too will probably be watching it in IMAX as well. I LOVED it!

vdander24
11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Lizziep. THAT IS SOOO COOL! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

Shopaholic1204
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
We watched it in XD (extreme digital), which some say is better than IMAX. The screen is HUGE!! But we're still going to check it out on IMAX tomorrow. Mostly, we just want an excuse to see it again, LOL!!

Btw...I fell and hurt my knee & foot before we left. I was in A TON of pain the entire time we were there, which was about 6 1/2 hours (we waited in line). It was so worth all the pain.

rainbowstripe
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Oh gosh, waiting in line! I pre-purchased a ticked the day before. I was going to go to a midnight screening but I would have been going on my own and didn't feel like doing that at night - so I went the next morning on my own and LOVED IT so much. Need to see it again!

I guess one of the good things about living in New Zealand is that we got the film first! We may be behind on other things, but we're ahead in the date/time scheme of things. I kind of love that we got the film before other countries.

just keep swimming
11-21-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm going in an hour. Irrationally excited!

BellaLucia
11-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Possible SPOILER! What song was playing when Harry Potter was dancing with Hermoine Granger?

audri8301
11-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Possible SPOILER! What song was playing when Harry Potter was dancing with Hermoine Granger?

Not sure if this is true, but somewhere online I read it's called O'Children by Nick Cave. I can't remember what it sounded like, just that the movie was fantastic!

BellaLucia
11-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks!

vdander24
11-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Okay... NO SPOLERS... But was it great or what!!! It was no trouble staying up, and I am definitely planning to go back and see it again!

Shopaholic1204
11-21-2010, 02:11 PM
We saw the movie again yesterday in IMAX. Not sure why, but I didn't care too much for it on IMAX. I thought the other theater was better. Of course, we were sitting in front of the MOST annoying people!! They felt the need to talk during the entire movie!! Ugh..i hate people who do that!!

I'm still glad we saw it again. I think this is my favorite movie out of the whole series (which figures since it's my fave book, lol). I CANNOT wait for part 2!! We're going to be at Leaky Con 2011 for the 2nd movie!! YAY!!

Not sure if this is true, but somewhere online I read it's called O'Children by Nick Cave. I can't remember what it sounded like, just that the movie was fantastic!

omg..i got tears in my eyes during that part!! i loved it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWydA69o9E Around 5:15 is where it sounds like it's from the movie.

theCandEs
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh, I'm so jealous of you all! My mom went with her friend, and they said it was fantastic! I'm 38 also, btw. I had to babysit my friend's son, so I couldn't go with them. My husband doesn't read, so he doesn't get the movies, and he doesn't want to see it. :( I'll have to wait til someone can go with me, or maybe I can go by myself, idk.

kerielaine
11-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I saw it yesterday! I loved it. I can't wait for the next one. It comes out 2 days before my birthday!

audri8301
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh, I'm so jealous of you all! My mom went with her friend, and they said it was fantastic! I'm 38 also, btw. I had to babysit my friend's son, so I couldn't go with them. My husband doesn't read, so he doesn't get the movies, and he doesn't want to see it. :( I'll have to wait til someone can go with me, or maybe I can go by myself, idk.

Definitely find a way to go, even if you have to go alone. It was FANTASTIC. I have been really critical of the last few films because I'm super-devoted to the books, but this time i didn't have a single complaint (my boyfriend was amazed).

just keep swimming
11-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I have been really critical of the last few films because I'm super-devoted to the books, but this time i didn't have a single complaint

Exactly how I felt! Best one so far, by a long shot. Not enough Alan Rickman, though. I have a massive crush on him. :lol:

vdander24
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
I TOTAlly agree. I walked out of the Half blood prince Fuming!!! I thought they missed the best part of the movie. (The fight) I was also concerned about this one being too slow because of the split, but I was wrong, and I think this was my favorite!
Shopaholic - Really, not so great in IMAX, huh? Darn, I was looking forward to that, but not excited about the extra cost.

Shopaholic1204
11-22-2010, 04:36 AM
vdander24-I think it was just the theater we went to. You should still check it out.

lizziep
11-22-2010, 09:29 PM
just got home from watching it. i thought it was good, but not spectacular. then again i was expecting that all the "boring" stuff would be dealt with in this installment and the rest will be in the last. now i can't wait for part two!!

krampus
11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
OH MAN all this Nick Cave talk. I spent last night crying over a cup of tea reliving that moment. Definitely one of the most emotionally provocative moments in any movie I've seen recently. So beautiful.

vdander24
11-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I will definitely check it out! Just waiting for the weekend.!

tikanique
11-29-2010, 10:56 AM
LOVED IT!!! The way they did the actual story of the Hallows was FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!! I almost puked on the H/H dancing scene. I have a question to ask but it might be considered a spoiler. Is it okay to spoil now, since the movie has been out over a week?

Linsy
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Ahh I came in this thread and I'm afraid to read it because of spoilers! I've read all of the books but I want to be somewhat surprised during the movie. :)

I just wanted to say that I can't WAIT to see this! I can't go until next week and it's killing me, I want to go now lol!

vdander24
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
tikanique- Ask away! Just put in your subject Heading SPOIL ALERT. I think it should be okay by now, but just in case.