Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Trying NOT to be Discouraged....Need Support to Try Again

Hey Everyone,
The past couple of days I have been spending alot of time just reading through posts.

I am at freakin 245lbs and I believe it had to do with the AD (anti depressants) my doc put me on. I have now switched to wellbutrin.

I am calorie counting and going to stay within 1200 calories a day

I'm just SO SO trying to get the energy and will power to do this and need support. I'm exhausted just thinking about my weight....how long does this roller coaster have to last in my life: mad:
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do not be discouraged. Keep on keeping on and you will see results.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #3  
No more +sizes

Don't get discouraged. I started way heavier and I started at 1200 calories. The first three days were very difficult for me because I was hungry but I was on this web site reading until it was time to eat again. I would suggest that you start at 1800 calories until you get used to the change and to see how your body responds. You will loose the weight . There may come a time that you want to adjust your calorie intake up and/or down so do what is sustainable. Because this is a lifestyle change. You want to be able to complete the journey of weight loss and maintain your loss. You have a lifetime ahead of you. Don't get tired in your mind because that is where you will win or loose this battle. If you don't workout find something you can do to get your body moving. Keep reading through the threads and you will find that someone has come from where you are and succeeded. It is possible...

Oh and

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

The best way I know how to support you right now is to tell you that it will not always be hard! Believe me, starting off at over 100 lbs more than you (and still well above where you are ), it was daunting to say the least to realize that no, I don't have 100+ pounds to lose anymore, now I have 200.

I was expecting it to be harder than it has so far, to be honest with you. I have lost quite a bit of weight off and on in the past, but it was always some hair-brained scheme that left me starving and miserable the entire time. It's actually amazing to me that I had the willpower to stick to any of that as long as I did a few times. This time, I have a very satisfying plan of calorie counting in place, I am not hungry anymore (I was for maybe a few weeks). I am enjoying very moderate exercise, and I've tried to give up that all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to working out/being active. I encourage you to find a plan that is really DOABLE, for the long haul.

Also, I wanted to stress that you don't have to make it to goal weight to reap the benefits of your dedication and hard work. I feel about 100% better now than I did at my starting weight, and that's with only losing about 20% so far. It's an exciting journey full of learning, experimenting, and self-discovery -- and it doesn't have to be deprivation and self-loathing. Not at all. I'm probably happier than I've ever been in my life right now -- certainly happier than when I was slowly killing myself with food.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #5  

Good luck on your journey to well-being. You already got some good advice -don't starve or you may end up giving up b4 you accomplish your goals. And you may want to set small goals rather than focus on how much you want to lose altogether -it feels so much more doable this way. P.S. Shannon -you are an inspiration to me and many others I'm sure - thanks for sharing ...L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi! It's good to see you!

I'd love for you to look at your previous attempts as learning experiences - and learn from them.

Where got you side tracked the last times? What about your plan (or you) made you unwilling to see it through? What went well? What can and will you do to make things different *this time*? What would be the best way to set yourself up for success?

I'm glad you're back and I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

WOW Thank you everyone. I am going to make it a habit to come here at least once a day for support.

Rockin Robin....I still love ya after all this time...you are the most awesome inspiration wow....

Shannon....you are awesome too...yes I have taken a different approach this time and going to set mini goals as you can see on my Ticker I updated today...I think that is the best for me instead of seeing my stupid actual weight everyday ya know?

I still go to my personal trainer once a week because I really need to. She is still wonderful and I won't give it up. She has lost 175 lbs herself and has kept it off....so needless to say

Jigglefree...THANK YOU SO MUCH...at 1200 cal I feel pretty ok because I choose low calorie foods to where I can actually eat every couple hours and feel "ok" am I hungary? YES but that will go away.

Yesterday I was starving so instead of eating I walked 3 miles and it was wonderful ya know?

THIS IS a life change not a quick diet issue....I am pretty ok with who I am WHERE I am and just focused on improving this part of my life that's all.

Make sense?
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #8  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Wow yourself! I 'hear' a completely different tone in your newest post. You are on your way to getting in the game mentally, and I really think that's the hardest part! Once you DECIDE, it can happen if you're willing to give it your all.

Newbie, thank you for calling me an inspiration! That actually kinda shocked me. Not at all used to that one!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote