WW Clubs and Groups - #243 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful

Itryharder
11-18-2010, 10:03 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turlte was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Princess1122
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey Judy! Thanks so much for starting the new thread and keeping us going! Yes - I agree about the cookies... DIL and I have a cookie baking day every year and we decided this year to just stick to a handful of recipes and not make so many as we have in years past. I am not sure that the men in the family will be thrilled but I am thinking of other things to put out for us and others to snack on when they stop over instead of the usual cookies and stuffed candy dishes... I was at Sam's club the other day and they have a huge nut selection and fruit baskets... thinking that might be the way to go, fill the candy dishes with nuts in the shell and have a large basket of fresh fruit on the table. It sounds like Christmas is going to be a very busy but family filled holiday for you, what a wonderful thing. Take care and have a great day!

Princess1122
11-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! We are to have a nice weekend here with a bit warmer temps and sunny skies which means we can get the last of the leaves raked up and some final winterization done. We have a wedding to go to on Sunday afternoon - not sure I have ever been to a wedding on a Sunday before but it should be fun. I put the crockpot going this morning with some beef cubes, mushrooms and onions in it with a seasoning packet so I will only have to boil some noodles and steam up a veggie this evening.

W/I went well for me last night, I was down 1.8 lbs so that is good. We did not have the meeting because the leader and some others were not there so I got home early, had some supper and went to bed early, I needed the sleep very badly so it all worked out for the best.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
11-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Turtles,
:bravo: :cheer: :cheers: :exercise: :tread: :chef: :balloons: :goodvibes: :grouphug: and :love:

The above is a pat on the back for all of us. If you're doing great, keep on keepin' on. If you'd like to do better (me), take the pat on your back as encouragement and fix what needs fixing. If you're doing terribly, take the pat on the back as encouragement from all the turtles, chime in and let other Turtles help you! :love: you all!!!!!!!

Princess, weigh to go! That's a great weight loss. You've had so much going on with the bath remodel, all the birthdays and eating out. Whew! And yet you put your mind to it and lost great this week. :goodscale: I love the :goodscale: thingy. It's so much fun----not quite as much fun as losing weight. LOL.
I like your ideas of finding a solution for cookies at Christmas. I'm cutting back, but beyond that I didn't have any plans. Your plans are good and I'll do the same. Also, one tip. My daughter had us over for snacks before we went to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas Spectacular. She had several things available, but an impressive idea was to put pretty red shiny apples on a square white plate. She must have had a dozen on the plate, arranged flat out, not tiered. Well, it looked so chic and appetizing that I actually had an apple rather than the other stuff. Pretty and WW friendly.

Okay, I've gotta run and get some stuff done here. Best wishes to all the Turtles . Keep drinking that water and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
:cool:

bandit2
11-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - congratulations! Nice job at the scales.

Judy - great tips and motivation for us all, thanks.

Well, it is sunny but cold up here but I plan on raking more leaves as well.
Also time to pull out remaining plants in front garden and I am now off work for holidays, so next week I can do some outdoor decorating.

I met with the weight loss coach even though our challenge was over and dropped 3.8 since my last weigh in with her 2 weeks ago, so was happy with that. She had a big list of statistics but hard to remember whats what, so she is emailing me the information so I have something for reference.
So I had to miss my Tops meeting due to this & that is what I go by for my offical loss. Anyway, still staying on track and getting in my walks.

Me and a friend signed up for 5 hot yoga classes, which will be new for me.
I have not even done regular yoga - but I think this might be something I will enjoy.

Princess - your crockpot meal sounds really good, something for me to start before leaving for work & all done when I get home.

All - hope you are all staying on track.

Goal2Be1
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Hello!

I have been back in Weight Watchers about 10 weeks now. I am looking for all of the support that I can get. I am a definite stress eater. I have been fighting that really hard for the last two weeks and am proud to say that I have not given in to my urges to eat everything in my kitchen! I would love to join your group if possible? Thanks!

CherryAutumn
11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Goal2be1 - Welcome! I am 27 and have 3 small little ones.

life4evr
11-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Welcome Got2be1. I am a stress eater also. Congrats on not giving into stress eating. I am floater in and out. Nursing school and life usually kicks my butt.

Princess1122
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all. Rainy here today and that wonderful weekened weather that they were calling for must have gone somewhere else... LOL because we did not really get it. It was foggy and misty but at least it was not super cold. We did get the leaves all raked up and bagged so that is pretty much done for the winter, we need to get the yard furniture put away and the hoses detached and put away but other than that we are pretty much ready. Oh yeah, still need to buy that snow blower... LOL - but we will be getting that here soon too. While we were raking leaves a stray dog came up to us... she was not in terrible shape but not great either and was dragging a lead behind her that she must have broken... looks like she had been homeless for a little while. UGH - I just can never say no and she was looking for help... you could tell she was in need. So we have her with us for now but she is young and energetic so we will try and find her owner and if that does not work then we will try and find her a home. She is a really sweet dog, not sure she has been treated so well in the past so that whole finding her owner thing is a bit gut wrenching - just not sure what to do but we have two and really are not looking to add another one at this time.

Food was iffy over the weekend but it is another week starting and I am back on track. Exercise is really where I need to get my butt in gear! Time seems to be the big issue with that so there is something that I need to work on without stressing myself out too much.

Bandit: congrats on getting the leaves done and the weight loss, really - you are doing fabulous!!! Have a great holiday!

Judy: I hope that you are doing and feeling well! How was your weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing, anything special planned for the holiday?

Life: How was your weekend? Are you ready for the Holiday? Seems to be so much to do to get ready for one day... LOL.

Goal2be1: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us! I think that you will find that most of us are stress eaters here in one way or another... I look forward to you joining our group and getting to know you!

Have a great day all!

peanutt
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi turtles! Just a quick note to say that I'm still here, recovering from vacation (which only set me back 2.8 lbs from over 2 weeks totally off plan) and will try to catch up with everything here and the news coming out about the new WW plan.

For those of you getting ready for Thanksgiving - enjoy and good luck with your plans!

Now off to shovel snow that accumulated while we were away...

Itryharder
11-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi TUrtles,
:welcome3: to Goal2Be1. Of course you're welcome here. As Princess says we're probably all stress eaters. The good thing is that as you go on and chime in here you get good ides about what others are doing to counter the impulses to eat. You're doing great! Let us know more about yourself.

Bandit, :goodscale: You're doing great! :bravo: :carrot: :dancer: :cheer: My goodness. I love how you've tackled your weight loss!

Princess, you are so good hearted to take in the stray dog. That sounds just like you. Hey, how is you dil coming along? You must be so excited to look forward to a grandchild.

Cherry, good to see you're here.

Life4evr, not easy to keep everything in balance especially with a demanding nursing program, but I love how you're working hard at this.

Tessa, how are you doing?

KimL, how are you?

To all the turtles, we've got the first eating holiday coming right at us. Here's a tip that I want to do this year. Not only do I like the Thanksgiving food, I also like it the next day. LOL. This year as I put away the leftovers, I am going to make up a plate for myself, plastic wrap it, put it in fridge. Then as I eat well on Friday, I'll know that my dinner is all measured out and good for me. Honestly, eating a veggie burger for dinner on Friday won't work, but knowing that I've got some goodies for "dinner" all set to go will stop me from high calorie snacking during the day. I did this last year and it worked.

My doctor just called and he's changing one of my meds. I think it will enable me to lose weight a bit better. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Gotta run and walk! :tread:
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
Judy
234.6/190.2/? but hoping to lose weight this year. :col:

Itryharder
11-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Peanutt, good to hear from you!!! You and I posted at the same time.
Judy

bandit2
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - The stray dog found you for a reason, and it will probably be better off either with you or a new home since you said it looked like it was probably neglected. Poor thing - but things happen for a reason and that is one lucky dog to have you.

Judy - that is a really good tip for your leftovers and you are right, who really wants a veggie burger with leftover holiday food. Portion control is key & you are right on track with that.

Goal - welcome to our group, super ladies here. I am sure you will enjoy reading all the good advice.

Cherry - good to see you chiming in.

All - hope you are all doing great. Enjoy your upcoming holiday.

It is raining up here so glad I dealt with my leaves on weekend. So indoor
chores for today & my walk/swim later. I roasted chicken yesterday and
make pasta sauce & spag squash, so have my lunch & dinners planned out for next 2 days.

Hard to believe Christmas is so close. I now have 4 invitations and they all include food/drinks. So really have to stay focussed before/after each outting.

Lets all have a great week at the scales!

Princess1122
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Bandit: I know you have told me this before and I apologize for asking again, but how do you prepare Spag. Squash again? I really want to try that here soon but have never done the sqaush part. Thanks!

bandit2
11-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi Princess - You can poke holes in it and microwave then scoop out insides and rest use your fork and rake it out OR I prefer poking holes with knife and put whole thing in oven and bake at 300 for about 1/2 hour or until soft then
let it sit til it cools off then cut in half, scoop out seeds and rake out rest with your fork. I find the oven method much better and it seems softer and cook right through. That is how I have been doing it and it turns out good.
Even with a small squash you end up with lots.

Princess1122
11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Good morning Turtles!

Bandit: Thanks for the spag squash prep info, I appreciate it! I am thinkin that will be good to have here soon when we are tired of leftover turkey, etc and ready for something different.

DH took me out to supper last night, we went to the resturant that we had our first date at... it was the 8 year anniversary of our first date... it was a really nice evening and a wonderful thing for DH to suggest that we do... very special and heart-felt.

The stray dog is causing a bit of stress in the house right now... she is super active and just the whole thing of having someone new in the house is stressful to our dogs and honestly to us too. I hope that we can find her a good home really soon.

I hope that everyone has a great day!

Itryharder
11-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Princess, what a wonderful date night. REally thoughtful. :love: As far as the stray dog, :goodvibes: on finding a new good owner soon.

Food is good here. I'm hoping my new medicine will help my thyroid and help me to lose weight better. Went to writing group today and it was fun.
Always interesting to write to a topic. Today was reflections.

How's everyone doing? Good luck and :cheer:
Judy
WI tomorrow :cool:

bandit2
11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - congrats on your anniversary, so thoughtful of hubby to plan special evening for you.

Judy - hope your new medication helps and glad your food is good.

Tonight am trying hot yoga, so hoping that will be fun.

Have a great evening, everyone!

life4evr
11-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Hope everyone had a good day.

Princess yeah we are ready my mom and my uncle are doing most of the cooking. I mentioned throwing in a weight watchers recipe, the glazed sweet potatoe one, I love it but my mom uses way too much sugar. So apparently I have volunteered myself to cook that.

Itryharder yeap I am still plugging along over here. If anything I am too stubborn to quit, school or thins :).

I have survived clinicals for the day. So I just realized last week that they put the nutrition info up in the hospital cafeteria. So while standing in line I calculated points. My choices weren't all that great but at least I knew where I stood. Also I couldn't finish my lunch and usually I ate it all plus something else. My dad finally broke down and brought the wii fit. So I played on that some. Umm can't think of any more update. Hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving has a good one.

ETA: Does anyone know when the new program takes effect? I can't remember and too lazy too look.

Princess1122
11-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesday to you all! We are supposed to get some really nasty weather here over the next few days so traveling on turkey day should be lots of fun... LOL - Bandit, hold on to your hate because if we are getting it here then there is a good chance it will head your way :dizzy:

Last night I got a lot of stuff done around the house, etc so tonight it is time to start cooking. Even with the meal being at DS house I have a ton of food to prepare, not sure how that happened. Long story but technically there will be three cooks for the meal, D-DIL, her mom and me. Soooo I will be cooking at my house and then taking it down there while they use DIL kitchen to cook theirs... should be interesting and there is going to be a ton of food! Since a turkey is going to be prepared by one of the other cooks I ordered a half a ham from Honey Baked Ham Company and I ordered the pies from a bakery here in Indy that does a wonderful job and with their home baked pies - it lessens my work load - I will be doing a couple of the other dishes too, like the greenbean and sweet potato casseroles but those are easy!

DH is on his way to pick up my DM now and they should be back by late afternoon, I thru a pork loin in the crockpot this morning so we will have that for supper tonight... all in all I have been productive LOL

I had to put the stray pup in her crate last night to sleep, hated to do it but DH and I are like the walking dead after only a few days with her... she just wants to play, that is it, just play! and with the big old german shep too and our house is just too small for that. She does not care that it is 2:00 AM, she just wants to play! LOL - ugh! so in the crate she went, the good news is that DH and I did manage to get some sleep. We posted approx 25 posters around the area last night to see if we can find her owner but are also trying really hard to find her another home in the mean time.

Bandit: Hot Yoga! Oh man I am soooo envious! I would love to try that, I hear that it is really good to sweat out all the crap that is in us. We have so many of the same likes, etc - what a shame we are so far away from each other, it would be great fun to do some of the stuff with a buddy!

Judy: DH can be a real gem when he puts his mind to it and it was a great evening. I am hoping to find her a home soon too... we gave her a name "Sadie" because we could not just keep saying "hey you" to her - she knows that we are talking to her when we say it so that is a good thing.

Life: Would your mom be willing to use Splenda Brown Sugar - I use that in my sweet potato casserole and baked beans along with my sloppy joes, etc and you can not tell the difference at all... just a thought.

Take care everyone and happy Thanksgiving!

alliez
11-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone!
Down 2.4 this week! I am only 2lbs away from being lowest weight I have been at since the first time I did WW and lost 25lbs. I needed this for some encouragement going into the holidays. I have now set a goal for myself to break the 168.8 mark before Christmas. It’s a small goal, but a very attainable one! I am also going to try and get in here more often to post! :)

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well!

Bandit - your posts have been very encouraging to me! It's so nice to see other losing and helps to keep me on track!

Judy - Great idea about fixing a plate ahead of time! I am going to try that one myself!

Princess - I am a sucker too when it comes to animals! My problem is I get so attached, then it’s tough to let them go! Happy anniversary!

Goalt2be1 - Welcome! I hope you find as much encouragement here as I do!

Hope you are all having a great week!

Itryharder
11-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Aliez, good to see you posting and congrats on such a great loss! :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :carrot: YOu've got a nice goal set up for yourself for pre-Christmas. :goodvibes:

Princess, it sounds like you guys are making enough food for a city! Wow!
:chef: The most important thing is it sounds like you're going to have a good time. Glad the doggie ended up in the crate and you two ended up with some sleep. yay!

I went to my WI and was up 2#. Things will change here now and I'm optimistic about my future weight loss. For those interested, WW's new program starts this Sunday in the NY area. I plan on going to a Monday meeting to get a head's up and then attending my regular Wednesday meeting to get a better understanding of it all. Our leader cautioned us today to not put the two programs together because you'd gain weight. She said that points are still being used, but that's all she'd say. I'm pretty psyched about it. :exercise:

Okay, my pie's baked, all the prep I could do ahead is done, the house is about as good as it's going to be. Only 5 of us here tomorrow, but we'll make a nice day of it.

You all take care, be well and happy. Let's have a great WW holiday season. :chef:
Judy
234.6/192.6/170's by Thanksgiving Oops----

life4evr
11-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Princess oh my mom is willing to use the weight watchers recipe, she just added to the list of stuff I am suppose to cook. Not much going on around here. Getting ready for tomorrow. Too many cakes are getting baked in the house tonight.

Itryharder
11-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!!!!

:chef: :goodvibes: :love: :cheer:

Judy
I'm doing it!!!!!

Princess1122
11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! You all mean the world to me and I just wanted to say thank you for being such good friends! Have a great day everyone!

bandit2
11-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Princess1122
11-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy shopping day! I did not even bother to go out into the madness today, just don't have it in me to fight the crowds.

I know I ate too many points yesterday, had a little taste of most everything but most things were so calorie filled that would be hard to not go over my points. I really enjoyed the day with family so will just let it go at that and move on... today is a new day and I think once our company leaves DH and I are going snow blower shopping... Not what I really like to shop for LOL but we need one and it is a major purchase so a shopping I will go!

I sure hope everyone had a great Holiday!

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend? Does Canada have the Black Friday Shopping day today like we do down here?

Talk soon!

peanutt
11-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating this weekend! I hope you all enjoyed a special meal and maybe the special treats of the holiday too!

I look forward to hearing more about the new plan. I'm a little wary of change right as I feel I'm really hitting my stride, so I honestly hope that the changes aren't that drastic. I've heard rumors that the changes will be bringing the plan in line with some other stuff about caloric intake that I've been reading lately (eating at your BMR) and I'm pretty excited to see that pan out. The rumor of free fruit is VERY exciting as I'd much rather eat an apple than carrots as a snack.

life4evr
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Hope everyone is well. I ate way too much yesterday. So not only am i paying for it. I ate something that didn't agree with my stomach at all. So not feelng to good. The sweet potatoe recipe turned out just okay, not enough glaze for me. But my family seemed to like them.

bandit2
11-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi turtles - hope you all enjoyed your holiday.

Princess - our stores were open as usual, didn't notice any real changes since there have been lots of sales for a long time. I went shopping with my daughter today & she bought new things for her condo, so that was fun.

At our Tops meeting last night we had a guest speaker from diabetes association so that was interesting and I was down 2.75 from last 2 weeks, so was happy with that. Overdid it today so have to get back on track tomorrow. Going into Toronto tomorrow to get my hair done which is overdue. The hot yoga was really great. 90 minute class in 100 degrees,
and felt great afterwards and surprisingly not stiff next day. Guess the heat helps stretch out muscles. Going again Tuesday night.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

peanutt
11-27-2010, 11:27 AM
WTG with the loss Bandit! I'm glad you enjoyed the hot yoga. It's something I've been wanting to try.

Princess - the big sale day here in Canada is Boxing day (which many places extend to Boxing week). There are black Friday equivalent deals and midnight shopping and all that stuff the day after Christmas.

Itryharder
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Princess, glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving. My dsil brought the sweet potato casserole to make life easier for me. Well, that thing had brown sugar and nuts and marshmallows, so the calories were very high. I had a small portion and called it quits. I still ate too much this thursday and Friday, so I'm hoping to have soup and salad today and get back on track. Sunny here, but very cold so I'm not sure we're getting to the boardwalk today.

Peanutt, good to see you posting. Also Life4evr! :bravo:

Bandit, you're doing so great. :goodscale: :balloons: :carrot: Another great loss! Wow. Keep up the good work.

I had heard about hot yoga, so it's good to know someone who has tried it.
My dd brought elastic bands for me to try resistance training with. I hope they help.

Gotta run and relax. My dh, dsil, and dd had a blast with all the crowds on Black Friday. My other dd and I stayed home with the grandson and watched him all day. He was really good and I am not crazy about shopping, so it worked out well for everyone@

Have a great weekend! Keep on keepin' on!
Judy

life4evr
11-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. So far so good. I can finally eat again. Thank goodness. I tried the flavorful flautas, from the weight watcher thing. It was okay. I think I am just going to leave the avocados off next time. Other than that it was good.

Princess1122
11-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all!

Well we have had a busy few days so eating has not been great for me but today is a new day and I am going to try hard to keep on track. Like everyone else I am eager to see what the new plan brings, new guidelines, etc. At the very least it will give me something new to focus on.

Bandit: A huge congrats to you on your loss! I looked up hot yoga classes in my area but am having trouble finding much, will keep looking though as I think that would be fabulous to try!

Judy: Me too, I ate too much also but today is a new day! We are going to do great between now and the end of the holidays - we will keep at it together!

Peanut: Thanks for the info about the shopping... The holidays are very commercial down here so it seems like it is all about the shopping... LOL. I'll bet winter is starting to settle in up your way... it is very cold here also, not real bad yet but bad enough for me... the older I get the more I love summer :D

Life: Glad you were able to try one of the WW recipe for your sweet potatoes, maybe next time you can add a bit more glaze and see if it is more to your liking. Hope you have a good week!

Allie: How was your holiday? Yep, I am a sucker for animals... LOL - DH says I am a magnet for all of the poor lost homeless dogs within a 10 mile radius... LOL - and he is right. Oh well, I just try and do the best I can for them and for us. She has calmed down a bit, we have had temps below freezing so they have been able to play outside without tracking in a ton of mud so she has been able to work off her excitment and that calms her down and makes her much more enjoyable.

Have to run but have a great day all!

Princess1122
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi all and happy Monday!

Super quiet here at work today as a lot of people took an additional day off I guess. I am working on getting everything ready for the baby shower that we are having for DS and D-DIL this coming Saturday, should be fun. Went to my knitting group yesterday, that was fun, I am really trying to get DH hat done before Christmas so that I can put it under the tree for him, even if he knows that I was making it - it will still be fun to present it to him on Christmas day.

Hope everyone is doing well! I guess the new plan is out and from what I was reading you have to have a calculator to figure out the points on the food... that is going to be a problem for me... will just have to wait and see I guess.

alliez
11-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone! Sounds like we all had a great holiday! I, like most others ate more than I should have. At our meeting last week, we talked about how WW is lifestyle change, not a diet, and compared this to the holiday. General consensus was that to splurge 1 day every now and again isn't going to make you gain weight. It is splurging every day that causes the weight gain. I tried it out. I ate pretty much what I wanted on Thursday and then went back to the plan on Friday. As of today, I am down 1lb from where I was at last week at WI. Just wanted to share that idea with everyone, it helps me to think this way knowing that I can enjoy the things I like from time to time. It is much easier for me to stay on track during the other days. Have a great day!

peanutt
11-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Hello everyone! Sounds like we all had a great holiday! I, like most others ate more than I should have. At our meeting last week, we talked about how WW is lifestyle change, not a diet, and compared this to the holiday. General consensus was that to splurge 1 day every now and again isn't going to make you gain weight. It is splurging every day that causes the weight loss. I tried it out. I ate pretty much what I wanted on Thursday and then went back to the plan on Friday. As of today, I am down 1lb from where I was at last week at WI. Just wanted to share that idea with everyone, it helps me to think this way knowing that I can enjoy the things I like from time to time. It is much easier for me to stay on track during the other days. Have a great day!

The bolded sentiment was such a key thing for me to learn! Good job! Taking it a step further, I've started taking a break from point counting one day each week. I still work at making good food choices and eating appropriate portions, but I'm finding that the day without numbers is doing wonders for my morale and keeping me from getting burned out.

alliez
11-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Just noticed and corrected my original post to splurging everyday causes weight gain, rather than weight loss! :)

Itryharder
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
Alliez, great philosophy and great :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot:

Peanutt, you've had a fabulous weight loss! Weigh to go~:goodscale: :dancer:

Princess, good luck with the shower for the upcoming baby. What a wonderful time of life! :cheer: I think you're great to get to your knitting group on Sunday with all you're doing. Way to go!

I went to my WI today-----couldn't get new books unless I weighed in---and was up another .6# Ugh. I can't afford to keep on gaining weight. This is what I found out:

Everybody,
I went to WW's mtg. this morning. My usual WI is on Wed.,, but I couldn't wait. I wanted to get the gist of it this morning and then I can concentrate again on Wed. to finetune the information. They are suggesting strongly that you buy the calculator since we won't be using a paper slide anymore. Very strange, I think. On the other hand, they've got a special this week at $5.95. I may buy one on Wed. Since I'm a pass buyer I get online e-tools for free and all the new information is on that.

Heads up: Vitatops and Bagel Thins are now 3points. True that all fruits and most veggies are zero points, but avacado went up, tomato sauce went down to zero, and bread seems to be the big changer. Two reduced calorie pieces of bread =3 points and that's the best bread bargain there is. Ugh-----but honestly==I've known all along that bread was slowing down my weight loss. I just couldn't stop eating it. Now that it's so point-costly, I hope to use my discipline to stop overeating it. Also, peanut butter went up to 3pts. for a T. and I have overindulged in that as well. Lean protein is good, so is ff and lowfat dairy products. They are pushing the protein and making fat and carbs more expensive. All makes sense. I hope that as I do this, the lure of free fruit will help me lose weight. Also, the popcorn I like is still reasonable in points. Also, everyone went up to at least 29points and the weekly "indulgence" points went up to 49 (I think) so although things are more costly, they gave us some leeway in the points.

I hope this post isn't confusing or upsetting. I am trying to share some info the way I see it. Wishing everyone the best of luck. I feel WW's finally got "honest" with its plan. Telling everyone you can eat anything you want and still lose weight never worked for me------maybe what I wanted to eat was beyond the normal. I also can't beat myself up too much. I have lost a little over 40# with WW's. Now with this new program I hope to reach the rest of my goal.

Best of everything!!!!! Onward and Downward. Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
:cool:

life4evr
11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. So yeah the new plan is interesting. I am loving the most of the fruits and veggies being free. I like avocado but they weren't worth the points to me on the old system and certianely not worth it now. In my opinion I have an outrageous amount of points. I have to calculate how many points my bread is worth, I usually take a sandwhich for class.

The jury is still out. I have to do some more exploring later.

ETA Wow I just looked up how many points a slice of carrot cake was since I ate a slice, leftover from the weekend. 18 points. That is a large amount of points.

Princess1122
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is a very rainy day here, the temps went up into the 50's and by this afternoon they are to drop big time and it is all supposed to feeze over... peachy!

Judy: Thanks for the info! I am having a hard time trying to decide what to do... I am thinking that to truly understand it and get the material I will have to join again... I may do that but need to figure that out.

Allie: You are doing great and thanks for the tip - it is very true!

peanut: You are doing great - I take a day off from logging points too once in a while.

Life: I pack a sandwich for lunch too... ugh, will have to figure something else out now... I like salads but don't want to eat one for lunch every day.

Have a great day all!

bandit2
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone - we have Princess weather but temp are suppose to stay high and not freeze - thank goodness, but it is pouring right now.

Judy - thanks for all the ww info, something for everyone to think about and
"change is good" just have to get use to the changes.
Sometimes just shaking things up helps and maybe will make us make different choices instead of repeating same menus over and over. Good luck at the scales next week.

Princess - shower sounds like so much fun. Good luck with all the planning.

Allie/Peanut - congrats at the scales.

All - New Plan, new attitude, new start - Lets all get it done!

I have my hot yoga again tonight, so looking forward to that. Maybe sweat off abit of my over indulgences on the weekend. Had a few extras I didn't need. With Christmas season coming quick - it is so easy to give in to all the temptations. I really have to pre-plan things.
One thing I am planning to do is to bring a "point friendly" dish to any social outtings that is appropriate, and then have a little of other things as my treat.

So, what are your plans to stay on track and lose weight over holiday season?

Itryharder
11-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi Turtles,
I got through my first day of the new WW program. I was satisfied and ended up with one point left. whew!

Right now my WW headquarters is putting their new things on sale.
For $15 you get a 3-month tracker, the dining out book and the food companion. To go in another direction, for $5.95 you get the electronic calculator where you put in the protein, fat, fiber, and carbs from an ingredient label and it calculates the pointsplus for you. That price will double next week.
Since the new program puts a premium on the foods I know I shouldn't eat in the amounts I eat, this program should work for me. Peanut butter is up to 3pts./T instead of 2pts. And the fiber-rich bread lost all its one point values. Most are 2-3pts. Not bad if you eat one serving/day but not good if, like me, I was eating a lot more bread than that. My new challenge, I think, since I like bargains with money and food will be to make sure I don't eat too much fruit.

If you guys would like, I'll keep on offering my opinion about the new program as I go through it. If it gets annoying, please let me know.

Princess, you're right. This just takes some thinking before you decide what to do. Has anyone checked Dotti's weight zone site to see if she's been able to re-calculate her points for restaurants?

Wishing us all the best of health as we go into this holiday season.

Judy

Itryharder
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi BAndit! You and I posted at the same time. I love your attitude. great idea to bring a point-friendly dish and then just sample the other food items. I've gotta keep that in mind.
Judy

CherryAutumn
11-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry i have kind of been MIA. Last week all of us including the three little ones got a bad stomach bug that didnt run its coarse till atleast 5 days was up. So we are all doing better now and i am so greatful.

i would like to try the new plan but the only way i could would be to buy the information on ebay. Apparently the only way i can figure out how many points i get each day is to get a calculator. Plus the fact that all the numbers changed. tomorrow is weigh in so i will see how it goes.

life4evr
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. I just had my last day of clinicals for the semester and survived. Hip Hip hooray. So two more test and a final and this semester is going to be a wrap. It is hard to track my points at the hospital since they do not always have the nutritional info posted, you thin they would be but no.

I understand they redid some things. But there is no way I am going to use all my points for today. I need to check out the dining out guide. I have the web app, on my touch, and I plan on switching to a blackberry soon. So that isn't the problem. Trying to figure out points when I do eat out is the problem.

alliez
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Happy December Everyone!
Went to the meeting today and got the scoop on the new program. Sounds to me like they basically just restructed the points a bit to increase the amount of protein that is allowed on the plan. I need do a bit more research, and read through the new week 1 book, but I am going to love the 0 points for fruit! A lot of the lifetime members are very concerned about making the change since what we were doing before seemed to work for them. I guess my thoughts are if I try it and it dosen't work for me, I can always go back to the old way! I am sure the WW and my leader don't want to hear that thought! haha

Was down 2.4 this week! Yay! I hit the 168.8 mark, however, I was looking though my folder tonight and saw that my lowest was actually 167.7 so...need to shed just a bit more and I will be at my all time low! Hope everyone is having a great week!

peanutt
12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Cherry - sorry you've been sick! I'm glad your family is better now.

Life - Good luck and congrats on making it through the semester! I remember that awesome feeling of getting a break at Christmas.

Allie - Way to go!! You're doing great!

I've been quite frustrated over the past couple of days because the etools here in Canada have been failing on and off. I haven't been able to log via etools properly, so I've been using a third party app on my phone (we don't have an official WW app here in Canada) instead. I read that people in the US who use etools had issues in the days leading up to the switch over (Dec 6 here) so I guess I'll just have to be patient until the new program launches.

Happy hump day everyone!

Princess1122
12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi all - busy snowy day here, super cold - yikes!

Just a quick hello to everyone, congrats to those that have lost, chin up to those that have not (most likely I am in that catagory) - best wishes to those that are sick or recovering!

Take care everyone and be safe!

bandit2
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi turtles:

Cherry - good luck at your weigh in and so glad you and your family are feeling better. Sick children = no fun for anyone.

Life - Bet you are looking forward to wrapping up your semester, a well deserved break is something to look forward to.

Alliez - Weigh to go! Great weight loss!

Peanutt - I hear you about the frustrating apps, drives me crazy when things don't work right. I probably have already asked you this, but where do you live? I am just outside of Toronto.

Princess/Judy - hope you are having a good week.

Did my yoga again & boy was it hot. A few of the ladies were saying they thought it was hotter than before so I guess I wasn't the only one feeling it.
I had a late afternoon snack and actually thought I was going to throw up, so have to be careful what I eat beforehand. It was a tangerine and with lots of water didn't sit well. But got through the class & feel great today.

It is still raining up here, but not complaining since it is quite mild.

Everyone - have a well planned out day.

CherryAutumn
12-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Well my last weigh in was 239 and todays weigh in was 237.6 so down 1.4 pounds. That is good since i really haven't been focusing like i should. Not sure why the weight is coming off but i will take it.

Goal2Be1
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for accepting me. I am going to try to stay positive and get busy with losing.

Itryharder
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
We're really hopping here, and I only have time to start a new thread. :bravo: to all the posters. You keep us going!

:cheer: to the holiday season and to a new WW program.

So many of us are doing great. Weigh to go! I'll see you all at #244, Bale of Turtles having a "merry"!

Judy