South Beach Diet - Whimsical Wednesday Chat

View Full Version : Whimsical Wednesday Chat

Natasha1534
11-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Good morning, everybody!!! I'm getting ready to go to bed but I thought I'd start us a new daily thread first. I got home from the gym a few hours ago and decided that I really wanted to watch Rent again, so I popped it in the DVD and have sat here crying until there are tears falling on my shirt. I'm such a wuss when it comes to sad movies (I even cry at Hallmark commercials!!!). Rent was the first play I ever got to see actually ON Broadway, so it holds a special place in my heart...plus it's a really great show. I've got the live taping of the last Broadway performance and it's so much more touching than the movie version, I always pick it to watch. :)

My plans for today are to get some sleep (heading to bad now), go to the gym, and then head off to work. Only 2 days of work this week...yay!!!

So what are your plans for the day??? Pull up a seat, grab a cup of coffee, and make yourself at home. ;)

Mmckellen
11-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey Natasha,
I went off plan yesterday - not necessarily foods (except for the pringles, whoops) but just too much on plan food. Today is another day. Extreme stress at work, just a lot of wierdness. Hope everyone has a good one-me too!

Ruthxxx
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Crap! Just lost a long post and now need to deal with two soaking wet dogs. It's Wet Wednesday here. I may get back later to see how whimsical we are.

Heidi58
11-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Good morning Natasha and those to come! :wave:

Natasha I finished catching up on yesterday's thread before I came to this one and I saw a phrase I rarely see or hear ' "brownies untouched". LOL Congratulations to you and your mom on your great self-control.

I've been back on plan for 48 hours now and I'm still at 149 pounds so I'm thinking I'd better change my ticker. I'm disappointed about it, but not terribly surprised. Food was everywhere those 10 days - most of it pasta and sweets, I didn't sleep well and I exercised very little. It was a lousy time (and still is really) so somehow a slight weight gain seems fitting. :( I'm back on track now, but it's unlikely I will make my goal of healthy BMI (140) by 1/11/11 now though. (Notice I said, 'unlikely'? Fool that I am I can't quite give it up yet.)

Busy day today. Staff mtg before school, inside recesses (it's pouring), Good News Club after school and parent teacher conferences after that. When I usher the last parent out the door I'll need to rush over to youth group. I'm glad I don't have to keep this pace every day but right now I like being too busy to spend time thinking about things.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!

Hi Matilda and Ruth! I took so long to write this post that you've both come and gone! :o

BelovedK
11-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Ruth, we has wet Tuesday, I hope it is sunny here today, we will see.

Mmckellen, today IS another day.... You can do it, don't get discouraged :hug:

Natasha, I am a sap too, I cry at anything, a sad movie will really mess with me HAHA

I have coffee brewing, I've had my shower and my weight is at it's low point (it fluctuates) even though it is my TOM. Yay! I have been eating Ezekiel bread with Smart Balance and sf preserves. My meals are not planned today, yesterday was too chaotic. I work for an hour and then the rest of the day is getting ready to have family over Sunday. DH and I amr not on good terms :( I think he has been acting like a jerk to me and I am almost to the point of being through :( He thinks I am a bad housekeeper when I do my best and it is hard to work with a small, 1930s house with no storage space and 4 people. He is hard on my kids, but he b&*(%s at me. I am kinda sad and scared about how he will treat me today.

Didn't mean to go off on that tangent, sorry.

I hope everyone has a nice OP day :wave:

BelovedK
11-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Heidi, we crossposted again LOL

I hope your day is great! Yay for being back on track, you can do it!!!

cottagebythesea
11-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Sweet dreams, Natasha! I'm envious of your special copy of RENT!

Matilda, I hope the last of the drama was worked out yesterday, and am sending you good vibes for a stress-free and OP day. :goodvibes

Ruth, I hate when my post gets sent to cyberspace! I bet there are a lot of really interesting posts floating around out there. ;) I think our stormy weather is moving up there. We had some really heavy downpours overnight that kept me awake.

I think the rain has finally moved north, but now we're dealing with gusty winds and lots of power outages. A few schools are closed today, even, with this wild weather. There's nothing special on my agenda today, and I may even be home by 5:30 this evening. :)

WaistingTime
11-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Good morning everyone.

Natasha - I love the music from Rent, especially the first half.

I just could not sleep this morning. Sigh. And, just to vent, we are having technical problems again and will now be getting our third Tivo in less than two months. DH and I seem cursed. Lots of niggles today.

Have a great day everyone.

CyndiM
11-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's a rainy, gray but not cold day here. I'll put up with the rain, it's better than the alternative in mid-November.

Natasha - I'm a wimp with movies is so many ways - cry at the slightest thing, can't watch violent movies. As long as I'm home that's okay ;)

Mathilda - good luck at work. I was talking to someone the other day about the really horrible period at my old job a year and a half ago. Everything about the place was toxic and it was so hard to be there. It did get better, hope yours does too and soon

Ruth - wet dog in the morning :eek:

Heidi - I think about you every day. Be gentle with yourself.

Beloved - I'm sorry life is so stressful lately. I hope today is a better day

Cottage - The wind is on its way here. Good luck with your power

The new person is really terrific and she won't take much training. I will stop in a couple of hours next week and then maybe a couple more the week after but I don't think she will need more than that. Looks like I really am done with the old job :dance: I would have been sad if things had gone the way I planned (I started to talking to former boss in July about this) but it dragged on so long I'm just relieved it's done.

Now to focus in 100% on the new job. Just got my NM reservations yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear where I will be all week. Apparently we fly into Albuquerque but could end up other places in the state during the week. Right now I just need to focus on my three local counties so I'm off and over the mountains again. I'm going to do that as much as I can before the weather turns. I'm already checking out motels over there, just in case the weather turns when I'm on the west side.

Happy Hump Day friends.

ETA - :wave: Hi Karen

4xcharm
11-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Hello there
Beloved, if you manage to get the dishes done, get the laundry done, and get the trash out, I must say, "You are doing a FANTASTIC! job!"
I had to have one of my cats euthanized yesterday. She had cancer. I don't feel any guilt, but I do feel sadness. Anyway, today, I plan to buy a new outfit for myself. Better than cheesecake!

Randi34
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Good morning, everyone! I am down to the 150s for the first time in at least five years! :)

Lexxiss
11-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

After a harrowing trip to the Dr yesterday, I slept almost 9 hours. Dr visit was planned, but we got hit with our first all out blizzard and I-70 was closed in our area overnight. Fortunately we were able to take a back road to get home. Today is Thanksgiving at our local Sr Center so I think I'll go down and volunteer since it will get me out of the house. Roads are icy so I don't think I'll go anywhere else....

BelovedK, my heart goes out to you right now. I have a similar situation at home right now and it's getting rather old. I keep reminding myself that I need to take care of Me. Venting is ok here, don't feel bad. I think it really helps to have a place where we can come and be honest about how we feel instead of constantly putting on the fake smile that we use when we're feeling down.:hug: Thanks for coming here anyway and sharing encouraging words.

Natasha, yay for only 2 days of work this week! Thanks for getting us started this morning! PS love the Dance Fit comment!

Matilda(Mmc), stress and wierdness is so hard when it's other people's stuff and it affects you. Today IS another day.

Ruth, wet pups...lost post...I hope your day improves and that is the extent of your woes.

Heidi, I think Chinese buffet takes more than 48 hours.lol Ahh....Wednesday busyness...take care.

Linda(Cottagebythesea), wow at your weather! I hope your day is stressless with all the wind and power outages and that you're home in a flash.

Karen(WaistingTime), I hope you get through your niggles...

Cyndi, :trampo: :yay: for finishing the old job and feeling good about things.

4xcharm, :hug: Hugs as you deal with your sadness over losing your cat, but kudos as you realize that food won't fix it. I hope you find a really nice outfit.

Randi34, :congrat: at making it to the 150's!

sophie, no I haven't been knitting...I have the sewing machines out. Your trail looks marvelous! I'm envisioning you and DH with walking sticks

Ok, off to my list!

zeffryn
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
yay, randi!
beloved, hang in there, girl. hope today is better for you.

-
not much on the agenda today. my son hasn't woken up yet, so i don't know if he is still sick or not. i would like to get to the gym this morning, but might have to wait until this afternoon. other than that, pretty boring!

have a great day, ladies!

WaistingTime
11-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Good morning, everyone! I am down to the 150s for the first time in at least five years! :)

:carrot:Woo hoo!!

zeffryn
11-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Lex - I have my sewing machine out too. Making some stuff for the kids' stockings (crayon rolls, tiny aprons, placemats made with chalkboard fabric).

TallandThin
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
A great big old :wave: to everyone that has come before me on this beautiful sunfilled day.

Nat any Hallmark movie on tv will usually get to me but they are so good. I picked up on the "brownies untouched" too. OMG you are one strong person. Sometimes the goodies sitting around waiting for DH to eat them just drive me crazy but I know if I ever take just one it will become a nightmare for me. In fact last night I had to remind him that his ice cream was going to die of old age in the freezer if he didn't finish it soon. Go figure.

MM that darn stress :stress: at work is especially hard to deal with day in and day out. Hope it gets better soon.

Ruth, wish I could send you some of our great :sunny: this morning. It sure picks up ones spirit.

Heidi, what's done is done and the past is gone so just look forward. Keeping busy is probably a good thing for you right now. Here's a little :sunny: for you too.

Beloved, sorry you and DH are having problems. That is a rough one to deal with.:sorry:

Cottage sounds like you can use some of our sunshine :sunny: too.

Cyndi, I've been to Albuquerque several times and have always thought it was such a clean nice town. I'm sure you will enjoy it and it's weather this time of year.

4Xcharm sorry about your cat but as hard as it is, it is the right "last gift" to give your beloved pet.

Randi, You go girl! :cp:

Lex, first all out blizzard, darn, sounds like almost everyone this morning can use a little California sunshine!! Be safe out there driving.

Not much on my agenda today either. May tackle cleaning the bathrooms which can turn into an all day job once I get started. But first I'm off for my walk which I plan to lengthen a bit today. Will let you know if I pull that one off. So far I've been stopping just before "the hill" which in truth is a small one but still a hill. Will see if I have the determination to see if I can master it this morning.

Take care everyone. Later.

Pearlrose
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Dang it I lost my post again stupid laptop!!!!

Okay sorry I had replies but can't do now. Day 12 of Phase 1 and trucking along my pants are definitely fitting a lot looser so I am a happy camper.

Randi34
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Yay, Pearl!

BellaLucia
11-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Great job Pearl. I'm having a hard time staying on track so it's time to re-evaluate!

sophie
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, my day flew by without really doing anything spectacular. Its grey and dull here with high winds and rain.

FO hang in there, I too had a tough day today, getting into too much almonds and those darn gold fish that my grandson left behind.

take care
Sophie

BelovedK
11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Great job Pearl. I'm having a hard time staying on track so it's time to re-evaluate!

This! I think it's time to reevaluate. This is the time during most of my weight loss efforts that I throw in the towel. I think it's time to find a new approach to this (I don't know what though) but I will figure it out.

Thank god no more cookie dough (I baked the rest up and got rid of it , but some of it ended up in me :( )

Lexxiss
11-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Geez....I've been trying to check in for 90 minutes now! Don't know if it's my connection or computer.

Zeff, I'm going to the Denver library on Friday hoping to get some project ideas. Yours sound fun!

TallandThin, did you try a few steps up that hill? Thanks for all the:sunny: today. It was nice and I even got out on my bike.

Pearlrose, I've been doing my personals on a microsoft notepad, that way I don't lose them. cut and paste! :yay: for loose pants!

Okie, just say no way to food not on your list!

sophie, sounded like an indoor day in your neck of the woods.

BelovedK, hold on to that towel!

Time to figure out dinner! See ya'll tomorrow!

Natasha1534
11-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Afternoon, everybody!!! I'm posting from work...pretty Q-word (shhhhhhhhh!!! Don't say that word or all **** will break loose here, LOL) night here. I am SUPER excited...our Assistant Chief w/ the Fire Department has 2 tickets for the UGA/GA Tech game that he's selling at $50 apiece and it looks like I'm going to be able to snatch them up. I'm going to call it an early Christmas present for my mom. Yay!!!

Mmckellen - Hope your day at work went okay. ;)

Ruth - Eek!!! Hope you got your wet puppies taken care of. My Shadow is such a little spoiled princess that she stands in the sunroom and waits for me or mom to dry her off w/ a towel when she comes back in (that's IF we can get her to go outside in the rain in the first place, LOL)

Heidi - LOL, thanks!!! My mom's favorite are the WW chocolate chip cookies, but she does good and limits herself to 2 (really good for her b/c she is a chocolate FREAK and used to having a bowl of ice cream every single night pre-SBD). ;) Don't fret about the few pounds you put on...I mean, if anybody had an excuse, hon, you certainly did, right??? And don't give up on your goal...there's still time!!! ;)

Beloved - Yay for low weight even during TOM...that's a feat in itself!!! LOL I'm sorry that you and the hubby are still having a bad time. Perhaps if he thinks you're such a bad housekeeper HE could try it and see how HE does. ;) That or you could take a frying pan to the back of his head, but that COULD land you in some legal trouble, LOL ;)

Cottage - I found it on Amazon. I reserved it before it came out and I wanna say I paid about $18 for it, but it was SO worth it!!! If you're a Rent fan I definitely recommend it. ;)

WaistingTime - I love the music, too...every single song!!! My 2 favorites, though, are Light my Candle and Santa Fe. I think I literally know every word to most of the songs, LOL Hope you got all your errands done today. ;)

Cyndi - I'm glad it's not just me, LOL I made the mistake of watching Ladder 49 and Nights in Rodanthe at the theater...I got a headache from crying so much at Ladder 49 and I had tears running down my neck at Nights in Rodanthe. Yay for pretty much being done w/ your job!!! :)

4xcharm - Sorry about your cat. It still amazes me that we are allowed to put down our animals when they are suffering but we can't do the same for our people in our lives...but I guess that's a hefty debate w/ many sides.

Randi - Woot woot...congratulations!!!

Lexxiss - :wave: Yay for getting some sleep!!! :)

Zeffryn - Hope your son is feeling better!!!

TallandThin - Good luck mastering your hill!!! ;)

Pearl - Yay for loose-fitting pants!!! :carrot:

Alright...time for me to get back to work. Hope you ladies are having a good night!!!

zeffryn
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Lex, check Craftgawker.com...i love to just sift through the stuff. I almost always find something that I want to make.

BellaLucia
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks Debbie! I'm ready to conquer this mountain one molehill at a time.

rdw1
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey guys! I seem to never catch ya in the morning, even though I was up early this morning I seem to find plenty around the house to do before reaching for my computer- probably because I know I will get sucked in! and run late for work!!!!

Not much new for me today, sooo slow at work but this weekend is looking slammed. Grand opening starts tomorrow so expecting a crowd- we've got some big country names coming in to perform so its pretty exciting!

oh yeah- I WENT TO THE GYM!!!! whooo shout it from the rooftops- its a miracle! LOL I will go tomorrow too! yeay me!

Hope you ladies have a great day!!

Zeff- I think its awesome you're making goodies for your kids- I have been thinking about making stockings for us this year but not sure if I have the gumption right now! lol found some cute ones on Etsy though I may just have to have someone else make them! lol

BigLegCutie
11-17-2010, 11:52 PM
I am starting this journey...I have no idea where to start...but I am committed...I am open to any wisdom...This post was a step WAY outside of my comfort zone...lol...but I am out here now...so here goes...:carrot:

Natasha1534
11-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Welcome to the beach, BigLegCutie!!!