South Beach Diet - Oops, I blew it tonight. Back to phase 1 immediately, right?

ChicoryCat
11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
:?: :( :shrug: :yikes: :no:

Ok, this is day 11 and I have lost five pounds. Then tonight I blew it.

I was given a hot supper by a parent at the school where I teach because I give her daughter a ride to or from school most days. When I dropped off her daughter she handed it to me and it smelled so good and, well, I ate it. It was a hot pasta casserole with ground turkey and veggies and a little cheese. The problem, of course, was the PASTA.

So what do I do next . . . just get right back on Phase 1? Try to go another full two weeks? I think I can do that.

The funny thing is, I feel a little yucky tonight. Can the carb overload do that? I also had a flu shot today, maybe it's that.

OK, if you can honestly tell me you had a similar experience and got RIGHT BACK on track, that would be helpful. Also, I have been feeling good everyday until tonight.

Also, tell me that eating two servings of pasta casserole isn't going to put five pounds back on my body. I know this is crazy thinking, but you know how your imagination can get carried away!

Thanks!:?:

WaistingTime
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
You can indeed get right back on track:) IMO, if you can finish out PH1 and have no cravings, you can slowly move into PH2. But if you still have cravings, I'd do a little longer with PH1. Yep - carb overload can do that yucky feeling thing. And you are right - it will not really put on 5 pounds. Hang in there and don't let one meal become two or three or a week or...

ChicoryCat
11-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I feel ready to keep going. :carrot:

Natasha1534
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree w/ WaistingTime. I would only stay on Phase I a little longer if you have cravings that come back now. If you don't have any cravings, I would just hop back on track. And no, you won't gain 5 pounds, LOL

Mmckellen
11-17-2010, 06:00 AM
What they both said. Maybe add on an additional 2-3 days of Phase 1 just to get the carbs out of your system, but don't subject yourself to more than that. Perhaps you can also develop a strategy if this ever comes up again. Food smelling delicious is a hard one. I also fall for it.

rdw1
11-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I just wanted to mention you may want to a) stay away from the scale for a couple days or b) not get discouraged if you don't and the number goes up a bit... That always happens to me when I eat something I am not supposed to! The weight will adjust and go back down, obviously water because even a 2000 cal serving of pasta shouldn't make you go up 5 lbs ;0) The important thing, as the other ladies have said, is listen to your body :)