Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Help! Unplanned meal out at Cracker Barrel..

... and I've no idea how many calories I ate.

I had a eggbeaters in place of 2 eggs, the turkey sausage, a fruit and yogurt thing that was served in a juice glass it was low fat vanilla yogurt, pineapple, and granola. I can not find the calorie counts for these ANYWHERE. The yogurt fruit and granola could have been good or really really bad. Anyone have any clue on the calorie counts for the sausage and the yogurt and fruit?
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #2  
Meg

Cracker Barrel is a tough one! It sounds like you made really good choices. The only thing you can do when there's no published calorie information is guesstimate and keep going with the rest of your healthy day.

Not knowing portion sizes, my guess would be no more than 500 calories for the whole meal. You shouldn't have any trouble fitting that in with the rest of your day. Good job!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #3  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

thanks if it helps it was 2 sausage patties about 1/2 inch thick and 2.5 inch diameter. I'd call the juice glass a 10 oz glass. Was 1/2 full of fresh pineapple the rest was vanilla lowfat yogurt and there was granola on top prolly 1/4-1/3 cup
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiesline View Post
... and I've no idea how many calories I ate.

I had a eggbeaters in place of 2 eggs, the turkey sausage, a fruit and yogurt thing that was served in a juice glass it was low fat vanilla yogurt, pineapple, and granola. I can not find the calorie counts for these ANYWHERE. The yogurt fruit and granola could have been good or really really bad. Anyone have any clue on the calorie counts for the sausage and the yogurt and fruit?
Geeeze, you would think that CalorieKing would have the counts for it as they have every other restaurant on thier website. I was surprised that CB did not have any nutritional info on thier own website.

I guess you'll have to estimate the portions and the calories like I do as a last resort.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #5  
Reformed Chef

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/?

Height: 5'6"

I'm using my Loose it iPhone app:

Turkey sausage (from your description I guess about 4 oz): 172
Eggbeaters (for 2 eggs): 60
1/2 cup pineapple: 41
Lowfat vanilla yogurt (yoplait size cup): 170
1/4 cup granola: 94

That totals 496. Plus add in more for what they cooked the eggs in. Most restaurants will use butter or oil in the pan.

But totally workable into a day.
AmandaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

This probably isn't very helpful now. But for the future, CB had a bowl of kelloggs corn flakes on the menu and they bring it to you in one tiny box and a carton of milk that both have nutritional info on them, which makes counting the calories or WW points a snap.

Last edited by Shytowngal; 11-17-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote