Weight Loss Support - Bummed

View Full Version : Bummed

shelleymarie30
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
:?:I recently lost a few pounds after starting a new diet and exercise plan. I weigh 236, and I am consuming around 1800-2000 calories and exercising 1-2 hours daily. I started with 6 days a week, but now I am up to 7 days because I am not seeing results. I also log my steps with a pedometer (not my aerobics) and try for 10,000 steps daily (I get it about every couple of days).

The problem is, last week I gained .5 pounds, and this week I only lost .2 pounds. That is "point 2" pounds! That isn't even half a pound. I know our weight can fluctuate, but it is really depressing. I decided not to weigh in again until December, but if I don't drop at that point I am not sure what I will do!!!!

:mad::?::mad::?::mad::?:

JayEll
11-16-2010, 10:44 AM
When you say "around" 1800 to 2000 calories, how are you tracking them?

I ask because many people try keeping a "guesstimate" in their heads, and sometimes that's an underestimate. Food has to be weighed, measured, or otherwise looked up, such as from a nutrition label that gives serving size or an online menu listing for restaurants.

Or, people don't count all the foods they eat. They may leave out "small" servings, BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) or not count fruit, or do some other skipping of calories.

Not saying you are doing this--just curious.

Jay

rockinrobin
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Hmm, that is interesting..

I too am wondering - are you tracking each and every bite. lick, taste, drop, morsel, crumb, sip and dollop that's going in your mouth? Are your portions correct? In other words is there anyway that you're counting 4 oz of chicken and it's really 6 or 7? ARe your measurements spot on? Is there any way what so ever that you're underestimating your calories?

Ive Had Enough
11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Also, if your exercising consists of weight training, you will gain muscle (and pounds) but you will lose inches. Sometimes the scale isn't the best measure of your progress.

Eliana
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I agree with all up thread. :D

I particularly want to weigh in on the exercise. Exercise makes the scale go completely wonky for me. The harder I work, the more it gains or sticks. If I make too many changes too soon that's a sure fire way to get that scale to stick. I exercise for my heart, not for weight loss. And to reward me, my body drops inches. Sometimes those inches come off in strange places (fingers, wrists, ankles), and I have to track it down. LOL! But it comes off.

Patience above all else has been key for me. That scale is only a tool and not a very good one. It does not accurately measure what you are doing. Any time you are sore you could be holding on to as much as 2 pounds of water which your body uses for repair. Too much salt for dinner? More water weight. Are you feeling a bit ill? I often think my body stores fat during times that I am not feeling 100%.

sacha
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM
It can really take several weeks before you notice any trend. For me, I give anything 4-6 weeks before I decide it isn't working. The human body is not linear like a ruler.

Although if she just started weight training, it is not muscle weight - it will be retained water weight. Either way, it's not fat.

gottadoit2010
11-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Can I just say you all are awesome on here! I love to read the advice and info that everyone responds with. Thanks to all on 3FC for being so great!

rockinrobin
11-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Also, if your exercising consists of weight training, you will gain muscle (and pounds) but you will lose inches. Sometimes the scale isn't the best measure of your progress.

Well, unfortunately it takes a good few months of hard core strength training for women to gain muscle, so I don't think that's the issue here.

The OP mentioned around 2000 calories, and if it's more than that (& I by no means am saying that it is), it could be just too high of a calorie intake. You can't out exercise taking in too many calories.

It was also rightly pointed out that exercise can play havoc with pounds, but this is really early on. Creating a calorie deficit *should be* fairly simple to achieve by sticking to the correct number. The key is finding that number.

sacha
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
BTW OP you have lost 12lbs so far. How long have you been at it?

beerab
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
How many calories are you burning when you exercise? What are you doing for exercise?

shelleymarie30
11-16-2010, 11:46 PM
You know posting this has bummed me out even more than I already was by the scales. When someone is already depressed because they work extremely hard, and others ask them "are you REALLY working as hard as you should be?" it can make that person feel like the problem is with them. I have thought about cutting my calories down to 1200-1400. I am not sure if that is healthy to do while exercising 2 hours a day, but that seems like the advice I am getting here.

It really irritates me when people ask me if I am counting calories properly. I am counting calories correctly. I am also pretty sure that burning around 600-1100 calories a day with exercise, eating a lot less, and eating a lot healthier WILL create a calorie deficit. I went from eating calorie-laden fast food, with extra large portions, and rich calorie soaked desserts, nearly every night, to eating healthy 200-450 calorie portions 5-6 times daily. I literally used to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. Believe me, when I tell you I am dieting AND exercising, I am. I happen to have a graduate degree, so I am not the average moron off the street who knows nothing about counting calories, dieting in general, or exercise. I am also honest with myself and know why I got fat in the first place.

I am very dedicated and determined. I don't snack and I MEASURE portions. But, I guess unless you are right here with me you can't see that, so you just have to take my word for it.

Beerab, I am walking 4-5 miles a day, doing 1 hour sometimes and hour and 20 minutes of fat burning or dance aerobics, and 10-30 minutes of pilates or free weights. It depends on the day, but I usually log between 1 1/2-2 hours of exercise. I have NEVER had this problem before. I have lost weight dieting and exercising. This is the first time that I have ever seen the scale do this!

Sacha, I have been at it for almost 6 weeks now (I dropped 12 pounds the first 4 weeks), though I have steadily increased the exercise over that time period.

sacha
11-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Okay, so it has been 2 week since you've been unhappy with the change. A couple of thoughts:
- Increased exercise = water retention (probable)
- A little stall for X reason

I think giving it until December is a good idea (then it will be 4-6 weeks after dropping that first amount of weight). From there, I'm not sure where you want to go, but perhaps dropping 100-200 calories. But I think waiting until December is best and then "cross that bridge when you get there".

These hiccups do happen and they are irritating, but patience + wait it out.

RoseRodent
11-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Othere than your overall calorie allowance each day do you have other nutrition goals such as % calories from fat, protein and carbs? If not then you may benefit from getting a different kind of calories, and particularly tailoring your calories to the different activities, making sure to eat your carbs before working out and protein afterwards to encourage muscle repair and discourage your body from using post-workout carbs to replenish the very stores you are trying to burn up. Different bodies welcome a different kind of routine, but if you eat a large number of your calories from one food group it may help to shift that so you eat more of your calories from different types of foods.

Rosinante
11-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Shelleymarie, I understand your frustration (although there's a 'but' coming).
When I was doing a British low carb diet, I got very distressed because the weight just wasn't coming off and I ate to the letter. Others on that forum kept asking me if I was doing this or that and it drove me to rage and tears because I was, and it wasn't working.
but
It really isn't people picking on you for people to suggest once that maybe you're underestimating your calories. It's very easily done, and if you say you're eating 'around' something, then, as you asked for advice, one legitimate response is to ask how approximate 'around' is.

12lbs in 4 weeks is great. 0lbs in the next 2 is miserable. However, you have to allow for the shock to the system your body felt at 12 in 4. It's in 'What's going on?' mode, and probably holding onto water to try and keep its weight up. Our bodies are programmed to hold onto weight for survival reasons.

If you keep on doing what you're doing, 1 of 2 things will happen:
either your body will relax, realize that famine hasn't struck and let go the water
or
it won't, and the answer will be to drop 100 calories and try again.

Weightloss really is about trial and error, for graduates or 'morons off the street'.

rockinrobin
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
It really irritates me when people ask me if I am counting calories properly. I am counting calories correctly. I am also pretty sure that burning around 600-1100 calories a day with exercise, eating a lot less, and eating a lot healthier WILL create a calorie deficit. I went from eating calorie-laden fast food, with extra large portions, and rich calorie soaked desserts, nearly every night, to eating healthy 200-450 calorie portions 5-6 times daily. I literally used to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. Believe me, when I tell you I am dieting AND exercising, I am. I happen to have a graduate degree, so I am not the average moron off the street who knows nothing about counting calories, dieting in general, or exercise. I am also honest with myself and know why I got fat in the first place.

You asked a question on the internet and did not give the whole picture as it's almost impossible to do that. Because like you said, we are most definitely not standing next to you.

You would be shocked to find out how many people underestimate their calories - and they are most definitely not morons. When you stated that you eat *around* so and so calories, that most definitely did not make it clear as to how many calories you are actually taking in. Since you've stalled and asked for help, that would be the first place to ask.

Yes, you've most definitely cut back on your food intake, but sometimes that is still not enough to create a calorie deficit. Perhaps that's enough to maintain your current weight, given the results you've gotten, but again, sometimes it's not enough to create that all important calorie deficit.

Many folks have also mentioned just waiting it out, which is of course an option. You'd get more data and more time to see the results and then you can re-asses your calorie intake, if you like.

We are not doctors, genies, fortune tellers, psychic readers or nutritionists. We're just regular folks who are sharing what we know based on the limited info we've gotten and our experiences.

Perhaps you'd like to seek out the advice from a dietitian or a nutritionist. Maybe they'd have better answers for you. :dunno:

JayEll
11-17-2010, 06:39 AM
What, we're supposed to just trust that you're doing everything right?

I really wish 3FC posters would understand that people on the forums don't remember everyone's details. Folks, unless you put some details in your post, we will ask questions about what you're doing. The reason is not that we don't "trust" you, it's that we don't know because you didn't tell us. Hang around for awhile--you'll see people posting who think that a medium fries at McD's is 200 calories.

So heck, shelleymarie30, I have no idea why you're not losing weight faster. Maybe go talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian about it.

Good luck!
Jay

Shmead
11-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Two weeks is nothing. When I was actively losing, I ate the exact same thing every day for months and months, I did the exact same exercise every day for months and months, and some weeks I lost 5 pounds (ok, only once, and it was sweet) and some weeks I lost none. I had many, many weeks where I lost 2-3 pounds, and on three separate occasions I went 3 full weeks with no change/slight gain in weight. So give it a bit more time. You may well have a "whoosh" next week.

That said, it's in poor form to jump on people about the calorie counting. You're talking to a bunch of people who have lost over 100 pounds. We know--from bitter experience--how easy it is to underestimate calories because we've done it. I firmly believe that anyone not using a kitchen scale to weigh everything is underestimating. Dry measure is just too inaccurate.

If you haven't lost anything in another two weeks, I'd go down to 1600-1800 calories. But I'd give it another two weeks for sure.

ValRock
11-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Two weeks is nothing. When I was actively losing, I ate the exact same thing every day for months and months, I did the exact same exercise every day for months and months, and some weeks I lost 5 pounds (ok, only once, and it was sweet) and some weeks I lost none. I had many, many weeks where I lost 2-3 pounds, and on three separate occasions I went 3 full weeks with no change/slight gain in weight. So give it a bit more time. You may well have a "whoosh" next week.

That said, it's in poor form to jump on people about the calorie counting. You're talking to a bunch of people who have lost over 100 pounds. We know--from bitter experience--how easy it is to underestimate calories because we've done it. I firmly believe that anyone not using a kitchen scale to weigh everything is underestimating. Dry measure is just too inaccurate.

If you haven't lost anything in another two weeks, I'd go down to 1600-1800 calories. But I'd give it another two weeks for sure.

This, exactly.

I have never ever ever ever lost in a linear downward fashion. I've lost and gained this 100 lbs twice and a lot more times if you count the times I fell off the wagon in the middle of the journey. That's usually because I 'stall' and get discouraged and throw in the towel. Not this time, my friends...

I'd give it some more time. Being a woman losing weight is a rollercoaster. Hormones and water and all sorts of factors play into it. Keep on plan and the scale will eventually cooperate.

Heather
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Weight loss really isn't linear, as you've heard. We really can't expect to lose x pounds every week, even if we do the same thing. There are some good posts about it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/115826-fluctuations-scale-weight-water-weight.html

As for calorie counting, it really can be tricky to find the "sweet spot" where we're losing but still getting in all our nutrition and not being too hungry. It's a very individual issue, too. What works for one body and situation will not work for another.

Finally, the posters who asked you whether you were recording all the calories you eat did so because many people don't do that. It really is often a good question to ask. So, please don't take offense. We're just trying to help.

pageta
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM
I've been told that in order to determine whether you are having a plateau, you need to take the last four weeks loss and average them. If it's less than 0.5 lb per week, you are on a plateau.

I know it can be frustrating, but sometimes the body stalls a bit to adjust after a big loss before it starts going again.

ksmommy
11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Hmm, that is interesting..

I too am wondering - are you tracking each and every bite. lick, taste, drop, morsel, crumb, sip and dollop that's going in your mouth? Are your portions correct? In other words is there anyway that you're counting 4 oz of chicken and it's really 6 or 7? ARe your measurements spot on? Is there any way what so ever that you're underestimating your calories?

I used to do this. Stalled for 3 weeks didn't lose a damn thing, actually GAINED a pound one week. I was chugging down fruit like it wasn't anyone's business and didn't count a single one. I was sooooo frustrated. I just could not understand why i wasn't losing, until I posted here and got a nice lecture about not counting fruit :-). Now I count it all, I've been back on track losing weight each week.

ksmommy
11-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Ok I went and read all the comments (duh! should have did that BEFORE commenting lol). But just to mimic what everyone else says. Just give your body time to adjust. And not to discount your feelings, but you asked a question on the internet to perfect strangers, you can't get upset if you don't hear the answer you want to hear. i had to learn that too when i first posted. I got all types of questions and comments like am I SURE I'm actually eating properly. Some suggested I change my diet all together and told me the oatmeal I eat in the morning has too much sugar. All in all, in the end, everyone's body is different and you have to do what's best for you. But just know, we all mean well. No one is here to tear you down, just give advice. Just think of it like an extended family. Sometimes they will get on your very last nerve, but in the end they're there to support you. You will be ok, though, i'm sure of it. Try not to get bummed.

SCraver
11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
It really irritates me when people ask me if I am counting calories properly.

If you don't want to hear advise, don't ask for it. It is super easy to underestimate calories, even if you are measuring - (think rounded teaspoons, wrong info from the internet, etc.)

shannonmb
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
OP, your reply did sound kinda snarky and defensive, almost came across as "I have all the answers and I'm doing everything right -- why are you people butting in to my business?" And of course the reason is because you posted a question. ;)

I don't want you to get discouraged from this site because now you think everyone is biting your head off. Some of the posters who responded about how you are counting, etc, have been here for a really long time, have had awesome success with weight loss, and have probably helped hundreds of people get/stay on track. I believe they honestly wanted to help, and they can't really help unless they have a baseline of where you are. For every one person like yourself who does appear to be doing everything right, there are probably 25 who think the twinkie diet might be the way to go. So cut them some slack for reaching out and getting the story straight, k?

I wanted to congratulate you on your 12 lb loss, agree to keep going and re-analyze things if you truly are stalled, and wish you the best! ;)

shelleymarie30
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
For those of you who actually offered support and sound advice, thank you. I just weighed in today and lost 2 pounds!! My body is doing funky stuff.

For those of you who state things like "Some of the posters who responded about how you are counting, etc, have been here for a really long time, have had awesome success with weight loss" or any other posts to try to make me feel as if I should be okay with others jumping on me about not losing weight when I am stumped and bummed, I can only respond by saying that I too have lost over a 100 pounds. I was in my twenties, didn't weigh myself every day, and I was a smoker at that time. I am following generally the same diet, except I am not smoking, and I have increased my exercise level.

Second, this is a weight loss SUPPORT forum, which is why I posted my problem here. My previous post did not sound snarky, though it was a bit defensive. This is NOT because people were "in my business," but because they could not take me at my words and offer real and helpful advice. They made me think that I need to "try harder," that I am doing something wrong.

Most of us who are large already have a complex. We know that people see us as lazy and self-indulgent. I have been told by a doctor before when my birth control didn't work (though I was only about 185 at the time) to get off the couch and quit eating potato chips. It was not WHAT he was saying; rather it was HOW he said it. We know that when people look at us, they wonder why we are so fat, and when we are losing weight they wonder why we didn't either try to keep it off or try harder to get it off. They see us as "cheating" around every corner, as if food is some kind of illicit drug for us. And it is true that for some of us, it is.

That being said, I was trying to explain how the responses to my original post were irritating, and I got a lot of rude responses back, which is fine. Some of these rude responses even tried to rub in the fact that I was receiving "sound advice" from people "who have lost incredible amounts of weight." This is another way of saying that I am doing something wrong and need to pay attention to what these people have to say. This will most likely be the last post I make on 3FC again. I wanted a support group that I could come to with problems, but I just have a bunch of people commenting on my threads who act like because they lost weight they know "I must be doing something wrong." I have lost large amounts of weight too, though I let it creep back slowly over the last 10 years, with my weight going up and down several times. So, as stated before, unless it is a response to this post, I am not going to use 3FC anymore. I just don't want to get discouraged like I was yesterday after reading these posts!

shelleymarie30
11-17-2010, 12:42 PM
You would be shocked to find out how many people underestimate their calories. Yes, you've most definitely cut back on your food intake, but sometimes that is still not enough to create a calorie deficit. Perhaps that's enough to maintain your current weight, given the results you've gotten, but again, sometimes it's not enough to create that all important calorie deficit. Many folks have also mentioned just waiting it out, which is of course an option. You'd get more data and more time to see the results and then you can re-asses your calorie intake, if you like.

To rockinrobin: I realize some people underestimate their calories, but there are some of us who lose weight slower than others too. There are so many factors involved in weight loss. You shouldn't automatically assume the person is overestimating. Also people have to be careful when they tell others to cut back more on calories because they may be doing more harm than good. What if I only ate 1200-1000 calories a day in whole grains, fruits, and veggies and worked out for 2 hours at my current weight? It could actually be quite harmful if I took your advice. My body needs around 1800 calories to maintain brain function, and if I didn't move at all to maintain my weight I would need about 2100 calories. As of now, to lose 2 pounds a week I should be eating around 2000 calories because of my exercise level, though I usually try for 1800. It is actually hard to get that many calories when you eat veggies, whole grains, and light dairy, and a little lean protein. Anything under that would be considered unhealthy. As I lose, I will adjust my intake of course.

A helpful hint, if you look at my height (I actually post mine) and my weight (I post mine), my calorie intake (which I posted) and exercise level (which I also posted), you can calculate for yourself that there is a calorie deficit. I could do the same if you gave me your caloric intake and your height and weight. Actually, just looking at my weight and height and caloric intake would tell someone that I am within normal parameters for healthy weight loss, which is why I was so stumped.

JayEll
11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
But you lost 2 lbs. today. So all this uproar was... :dunno:

No one is saying that you must be doing something wrong. Most folks were just asking what exactly you're doing. You keep missing that point, I think.

Stay, leave, doesn't matter. What matters is that you do what is best for you.

Jay

Harsdottir
11-17-2010, 01:25 PM
You know posting this has bummed me out even more than I already was by the scales. When someone is already depressed because they work extremely hard, and others ask them "are you REALLY working as hard as you should be?" it can make that person feel like the problem is with them. I have thought about cutting my calories down to 1200-1400. I am not sure if that is healthy to do while exercising 2 hours a day, but that seems like the advice I am getting here.

I am very dedicated and determined. I don't snack and I MEASURE portions. But, I guess unless you are right here with me you can't see that, so you just have to take my word for it.

Beerab, I am walking 4-5 miles a day, doing 1 hour sometimes and hour and 20 minutes of fat burning or dance aerobics, and 10-30 minutes of pilates or free weights. It depends on the day, but I usually log between 1 1/2-2 hours of exercise. I have NEVER had this problem before. I have lost weight dieting and exercising. This is the first time that I have ever seen the scale do this!

Sacha, I have been at it for almost 6 weeks now (I dropped 12 pounds the first 4 weeks), though I have steadily increased the exercise over that time period.

Please don't take any of their advice the wrong way. No one is questioning your dedication. They are helping you trouble shoot.

Are you exerting when you are working out?
Are you getting enough sleep?
Are you doing things that may make you swell, thus seemingly put on weight that is really just water?
Are you building muscle?

Those are things to consider. I know many people who evaluate the above questions by ensuring the following:

Really anal calorie counting their calories
Making sure that any "weight gains" arent swelling from strength training
Checking to see if its around the time of the month
Watching sodium intake

EVERYONE needs to trouble shoot these things to accurately gauge why the scale is reading the way it is. Your body is a chemical instrument and does accurately account for ever nutritional item that passes through it. Just imagine how accurate to the decimal levels certain drugs have to be before they can pass through your system without extreme effects: insulin, heart medications etc.

The calorie counting trap happened to me when I began.

I was eating up to 300 extra calories in "things I didnt count"

examples:

1) Coffee with milk is NOT 0 calories. My coffees were large I had them light, using 2% milk. A cup of 2% is 122 calories. I put approximately 1/4 a cup which is 30 calories. Now times that by three cups a day That's 90 calories.

2) lots of Splenda is NOT 0 calories I used to use 4 packs of splenda per coffee. If you go on the Splenda website it will telll that one packet IS LESS THAN 5 CALORIES which the FDA considers equivalent to to zero, however if you use lots of these packets per day they add up.

3) one Hershey kiss is not 0 calories its 25 calories a piece.

4) Several cups of crystal light is not 0 calories Its 5 calories for a half a packet of their "on the go" packets. One Crystal light bottle is 10 calories, Many people including myself have at one time or another drank 2 or three bottles because it tastes better than water.

The items I listed were things that I know most people look at as minuscule. The thing is your body knows that they are not.

Exercise is another completely different animal.

6 days a week of what type of exercise? If you are not breaking a sweat you are not burning a whole lot of calories. Walking burns far less than running. Pedalling slowly on teh stationary bike with no resistance with the television on, is also not burning a lot of calories. Im and not saying you are doing those things. But look carefully at your rate of exertion. If you can sing or hold a conversation during your routine, then you are not really working out that hard and not burning as much calories. I found out that after awhile I had to switch to a stair climber to see results. The bike no longer worked for me. I think all anyone is asking you to do here is look carefully. Its not easy and we congratulate you for all you are doing, but EVERYONE has to look really hard at their programs in order to be successful.

I also found that I swell (hold water weight) right before my period and right after a brutal strength training routine.

nelie
11-17-2010, 01:43 PM
ShelleyMarie - congrats on the 2 lbs :)

One thing I'd say is for me, I noticed that it is easy to underestimate calories. When I got a food scale, it was amazing to compare a cup of an item versus the weight of the item (the weight determines the true calories). Depending on the item, a cup could have as much as twice the calories than you think it is if you compared the weight.

Also things like peanut butter for example, a table spoon could be a true table spoon but I might find myself using a rounded table spoon that adds calories.

I think these are all things we have seen and we didn't realize ourselves which is why we might ask about how you are counting your calories.

I've also seen the opposite as well where someone would overestimate their calories or so it seems and would need to up their calories as a result.

Anyway, we all do need to find what works for us and tweak as we go along :)

rockinrobin
11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
No one is saying that you must be doing something wrong. Most folks were just asking what exactly you're doing. You keep missing that point, I think.

^^^Yes, exactly. I must be missing something here.^^^

Everyone was being supportive. You posed a question and based on the little info we had, we chimed in with what we've experienced - with ourselves mostly, but also from what we've seen here at 3FC.

There are so many factors involved in weight loss. You shouldn't automatically assume the person is overestimating.

I didn't.. That's why I asked. There is no questionnaire to fill out before you make a post. There was lots of missing info. So that's why I asked.

It could actually be quite harmful if I took your advice. My body needs around 1800 calories to maintain brain function,Anything under that would be considered unhealthy

Umm, I really don't think so! You are going on the assumption that those calculators are accurate. And from every thing we've seen here at 3Fc, those calculators estimate waaay high (don't believe everything you read on the internet.)

Actually, just looking at my weight and height and caloric intake would tell someone that I am within normal parameters for healthy weight loss, which is why I was so stumped.

If you were stumped, and you know you and what you're doing (as you told us), why did you then think we could offer anything different?

If I were to go by *normal parameters*, I'd most likely still be morbidly obese - or dead.

We are all experiments of one and what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. We need to find out what works for us, and what doesn't. On our own. Through trial and error and time.

You asked a question, on the internet, and got some answers. It's up to you to decide what you do with them. If you were looking for more *professional* advice, perhaps you'd have been better off seeking out the advice of a professional.

Congrats on the weight loss. I hope you continue to have success. :)

Heather
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, there have certainly been many opportunities for the original poster to get some feedback regarding her initial question. I get the sense that she wants to move on, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

I congratulate the OP on seeing a nice "whoosh".