Exercise! - 0 Dark Thirty Workouts and Eating B4

HadEnough
11-16-2010, 09:39 AM
I get up to exercise at 4:30 am (AKA 0 dark thirty). If you get up this early and exercise straight away, do you eat something before? What do you eat?

winning the war
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't eat before an early a.m. workout, unless I'm up a couple hours before my workout. If that's the case, I'll have an apple or pear, something really light but nutrient rich. Another option is a protein drink. If I have anthing more than that, I get sick and feel sluggish.

Ilene
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
0 dark thirty, naw, I don't eat, my brain doesn't even realise it's awake, never mind my tummy :lol: I do find a minute to down a coffee :coffee:

jamsk8r
11-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I will only eat if I can have about 2 hours before the workout, otherwise I'd likely just get sick. I usually stick with fruit only, even then, and save the protein for after the workout. If I know for sure that I'm just lifting heavy, no running or anything too cardio, then I could eat some protein, which can help with the lifting, but again, 2 hours before, otherwise I'd just do the workout and skip eating until afterward. I do always go for the caffeine first thing, though, which doesn't make me sick no matter the workout.