Weight Loss Support - When do you weigh yourself?

View Full Version : When do you weigh yourself?

freakumdress
11-16-2010, 12:28 AM
what time of day, how often, and how many times before you record.

I like to weigh first thing in the morning....and I weigh 3 times and then take the number if it was consistent all 3 times....I have to do that cuz my scale is very wierd, sometimes it works fine and sometimes not...so when i weigh 3 times and get the same numberr then i know that its accurate. And I weigh myself everyday or every 2 days when I'm caught up with other things and I forget.

Sunshine73
11-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I weigh everyday. First thing in the morning right after potty break and shower. I weigh once but that's because I haven't had an issue with my scale being inconsistent.

auntj
11-16-2010, 12:36 AM
i weigh every morning. my scale isnt consistent either. if i get 2 readings the same, i go with that. if i get 3 different readings, then i take the middle of the 3.i use sunday as the official weigh in for the week.
Julie

Paloma
11-16-2010, 02:01 AM
I weigh in once a week on Thursdays at work. We're doing a weight loss challenge and I was actually the one to pick the day we weighed in. I figured being as far away from the weekend as possible was a good thing! When I used to have a scale I always weighed in in the morning naked after using the restroom but since I don't anymore I always make sure to wear the same outfit to work on Thursdays and don't drink or eat anything until afterwards. Figure that keeps things consistent. Our challenge is up in a couple of weeks at which point I will be buying my own scale, and I think I'll add in a Monday weigh in too. I couldn't be one of those people who weigh themselves everyday, I would obsess too much.

brokengently
11-16-2010, 02:18 AM
freakumdress, I do the exact same thing... except I also strip down to my panties :p

ChicoryCat
11-16-2010, 02:37 AM
I weigh just about every day at home, but there is a more accurate scale at work and I weigh there about once a week. I have to get somebody to unlock the door for me, so I don't do it on a certain day each week, just when it's convenient.

Lauren201
11-16-2010, 02:51 AM
I weigh in every morning after my potty break. I weigh myself twice.

Arctic Mama
11-16-2010, 02:55 AM
I weigh daily every morning, after I go pee. I am usually just in underwear, since my clothes vary in weight.

I then log it here: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

I change my ticker based on my weight Monday morning, but its rarely a surprise since I track it constantly. Very helpful for seeing how different activities and foods affect me, as well as hormones, sleep, you name it.

freakumdress
11-16-2010, 03:15 AM
lol... i find it funny that all of us weigh after the potty...lol..hey it does get rid of a little something on the scale...lol

I also strip as well.

KenzideRhae
11-16-2010, 04:05 AM
I usually weigh once a week, on Friday mornings right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. I just weigh once, my scale is pretty consistent. Sometimes I'll weigh myself more than just the once, but those aren't really official weigh ins.

Nebuchadnezzar
11-16-2010, 04:11 AM
I weigh myself every friday. This is so I dont discourage myself by water weight gains or bloating from any accidental sodium or drinking I may have done. It just works for me to do it this way. Once a week so I know how to fashion the coming week and if I want to change my diet or routine any.

Kaonashi
11-16-2010, 04:23 AM
I usually do it late at night on the Wii Fit every other day.

livb528
11-16-2010, 04:42 AM
I weigh in every morning after my potty break. I weigh myself twice.

This. I also strip down first. My official "weigh in" day is Friday. I've found that weighing every day keeps me accountable.

Linsy
11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
My weigh-in day is Saturday, but sometimes I sneak peeks at the scale during the week. I usually do it in the morning before I eat, and I wear whatever clothes I slept in.

cincimini
11-16-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm a weigh-in freak. I tried to just do it once a week, knowing full well that I tend to obsess about it, but... I couldn't :lol:. Now I weigh every morning, usually after my workout, which is a bit silly b/c on days I don't work-out, the losses are bound to be less.
Sometimes I also weigh at night before bed, to see how much I've fluctuated during the day. It also helps me keep my expectations for the next day in check (e.g. if I gained 3 lbs from the morning, I know the next morning there won't be a loss). And I'm always curious to see how much weight I "sleep off". Sometimes I weigh before the workout and then again after to see how much I "worked off" (I know it's sweat, I just like to see the numbers go down :dizzy:).
Even if the numbers go up sometimes, I find weighing helps me stay focused and on track. However, if I'm away or there is no scale around, I don't sit there wondering about my weight, so I guess it's still "normal" behavior :lol:.

annieoh
11-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I weight if I notice a change (good or bad) in how I fit into things (the car, my pants, whatever). This means I sometimes weight daily, and other times weeks or even months can pass before I hope on a scale again.

Hoping for more time on the scale in the upcoming year. :)

fatmad
11-16-2010, 08:59 AM
I find that daily weights help me stick to plan, and has helped me tweak my plan so I know better what I can and cannot eat, what I can "get away with" for treats etc.
I am pretty much in menopause, so I don't have a lot of water weight flux like I used to with TOM. for people with flux related to TOM I think its not such a good idea at least if you get upset or frustrated about the gains.
I don't change my ticker until I have had a the same weight for a few days, to make sure its real weight loss, not a fluke.

Sunday
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Daily weigh ins make me neurotic but so do weekly weigh ins... Can't stand the suspense!

My official day is Wednesday morning, before breakfast. I weigh a few times due to digital scales and take down the the number that comes up the most. :)

I weigh around three times a week total.

Hey fatmad, I check whether a weigh in was a fluke too! If I get an unexpected number I have to check in a day or so if it stuck. :)

Bac0s
11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Every morning after I get up and use the restroom. With no clothing on.

Ive Had Enough
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
My digital scale likes to mess with my head and will say randomly I weigh like 20 pounds less than I do. If only!

I'm an obsessive weigher. In the morning, naked, after using the bathroom usually. Oddly, you weigh less after taking a shower even with wet hair (and I have really thick, long hair).

I usually don't weigh after exercising because that makes me weigh more. It goes back down after a couple hours.

I don't have an official weigh-in day for myself, yet. Maybe when I get a 3FC blog and sig.... :yes:

sacha
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't anymore.

I take a picture once a month in the same bikini.

Pictures don't lie.

It works for me. Some must weigh daily. You must do what works for you.

elinor1
11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
lol...I always do afterwards I have done experiments in the morning to see how much this can affect your weight. I have seen a couple pounds difference in before I go and after I go!

sweetnlow28
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I was a daily weigher until it was stressing me out to the point where a high number would effect my whole day. My new rule is to weigh when I don't feel bloated. Some mornings I wake up feeling puffy in my fingers or sore in my muscles. I try to pick a day every week or so where I just feel lighter. It was hard at first but now I can pinpoint the best days to weigh by how my body feels. I haven't weighed in over a week because of TOM and muscle soreness. I know I will see a higher number because of bloating so I am choosing to wait. It works well for myself, but maybe not for everyone ;)

GonnaTurnHeads
11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I weigh *a lot*. It helps to keep myself on track. If I don't weigh, I tend to put my weight issue on the back burner.

I weigh first thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom but before I shower and I weigh before I go to bed at night.

I also weigh before and after I go to the gym, before I eat and before I leave the house to run any errands or go to work. Keeping that number in my mind keeps me from cheating as much and it also has helped me to get a better grasp on my natural weight cycles and water weight issues.

I measure myself weekly, as well. Measurements have been a lot more diagnostic when it comes to weight loss for me, but its the scale trending that keeps me on track.

mk1014
11-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I weigh myself once a week, every monday morning.
I want to weigh myself everyday but if I notice even a single pound gain (even if it's not really fat that's been gained) I freak out and stress myself out which triggers my binging so I stick to my once a week weigh in :P

HermersSis
11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
lol... i find it funny that all of us weigh after the potty...lol..hey it does get rid of a little something on the scale...lol

I also strip as well.

I do it as well, but I've done it before and after annnnd. No difference.
My number twos are paper light!

gvntofly
11-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I weigh-in once a week on Monday mornings, first thing when I get out of bed, after I go to the bathroom, completely naked.

Beverlyjoy
11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
My 'official' weigh day is Wednesday. Sometimes I'll weigh in between. I usually weigh a couple of times. My scale is a spring type, about 20 years old.

I have foot/ankle concerns, so I don't go barefoot. Thus, I weigh with my shoes and ankle/brace on. Some day when I don't need to wear shoes and a brace, I know I'll lose at least five pounds overnight!

est1991
11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I weigh myself on saturday morning after I've gone to the potty and with my pants off. I don't think I could weigh myself everyday. I would feel completly discouraged seeing the numbers go down so slowly, I need to see it week to week to keep up the apeal of losing weight.

Ciao
11-16-2010, 09:30 PM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/divider-2.jpg
Once a day, every morning at about 6am.
I also weigh completely naked before I
get into the shower.
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/divider-2.jpg