South Beach Diet - OP thread for 11/15-21

View Full Version : OP thread for 11/15-21

Mmckellen
11-15-2010, 07:19 AM
B: crustless quiche made with lf cheese, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, 1/4 avocado, 5 small slices salami (very hungry!!)
S: 15 almonds, carrots
L: quinoa and spinach bake, 1 hard boiled egg
S: cheese stick
D: Korean style beef with sauteed cabbage
cran water all day, 1 cup coffee, 1 cup tea

Ruthxxx
11-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Phase II
B. ff yogurt, ground flax seed, blackberries
S. V8 while on the road
L. spinach and 2 eggs - either a salad or cooked spinach with poached eggs
S. an apple and Laughing Cow cheese before my 4:30 meeting
D. Crack slaw with ww noodles or brown rice

cottagebythesea
11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Phase II -

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened almond milk w/fresh blackberries
L. leftover Kashi Thin Crust pizza piled with baby spinach
S. Honey Crisp apple and maybe a handful of homemade trail mix
D. leftover Crack Slaw
S. NSA fudgesicle or SF pudding cup

zeffryn
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
You're so good at starting this early! thanks :)

---
1: banana w/ almond butter
exercise
2: string cheese, small apple
3: spaghetti squash bake
4: cucumbers and hummus, greek yogurt
5: asian peanut butter pork, salad, roasted squash
exercise

whoa. seems like a lot of food today...but a LOT of exercise too. there are 3 of my favorite classes today and with friends, i'm doing them all. thankfully, one is in the morning and two are in the evening. i would have doubled up on the evening ones anyway, so i just need to make sure that i'm properly fueled.

exercise: 60 min. cardiopump class, 45 min. fat burner class, 45 min. cardiocircuit class

sophie
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
hi everyone,

b - oatmeal with almond milk and apple butter
l - lentil soup with ff cheese
s - yougurt
s - chicken with roasted veggies
s - almond butter

take care
Sophie

TallandThin
11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
With one month on the beach completed and 19 pounds gone, I feel good:D and ready for more "on plan" days.

Question: I hate wasting food but am having a hard time saving an avocado when I only eat 1/4 at a time. Any tricks out there?

Yesterday phase 1.5

B - 1 cup decaf coffee w/sf creamer, 1 turkey bacon, 2 eggs, V-8.
S - 12 raw almonds.
L - Spinach salad w/tomatoes, onion, chicken, celery, radish, avocado, mushrooms, ff huckleberry dressing.
S - Apple and string cheese.
D - Chicken salad w/cucumber, radish, mushrooms, spinach, ff balsamic dressing.
Dessert - cup Ricotta cheese, splenda, cinnamon, pecans.

Not bad if I do say so myself. :)

zeffryn
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
tallandthin - 19 lbs! you are ROCKING this! for the avocado, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate, eat within 2-3 days. if the flesh turns brown, it's ok, it is just a bit of oxidation (kind of like when an apple turns brown from the air), to prevent it, brush the exposed flesh with a bit of lemon juice.

First class down, it felt so great. I felt like a lump not doing any exercise this weekend, but i know that i needed to take it easy or risk getting a whole lot sicker than I was.

I am participating in a challenge at my gym - from Nov. 22- Jan. 3, whoever participates and loses the most weight wins either 6 mos. free membership or 12 free personal training sessions. I'm super competitive so I'm really going to try hard to win, if anything, it will be motivation to NOT gain any weight when we're visiting my family for 3 weeks over the holidays....that is a challenge in itself.

rdw1
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
TNT- zeff's ideas are great, I usually take the whole thing cut it in half, then cut the side without the pit again, that way you can wrap it up still in the skin and less air can get at it... I just put in a baggie and when I am ready to eat slice a thin slice off where its brown and voila- fresh avocado!(I have a hard time just eating a quarter though! it usually ends up being a half so I only buy them occasionally anymore!

I didn't plan and didn't do too well today... back on track tomorrow and for dinner tonight as well...

tonight- taco salad no shells

Tomorrow:
B: chia smoothie
S: hummus and carrots
L: crack slaw with tofu and sriracha
S: apple
D:brown rice and veggies

Zeff- you go girl! I know you will win that challenge!

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Water : 8 cups
Oranges (3)
Meats (3)

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Which option will you choose WHEN you win Zeff? I'd think I'd like the personal training, lol.

murphmitch
11-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Huge salad with kidney beans, carrots, hummus
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Amy's LF Black Bean Chili
S: Almond butter

Mmckellen
11-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Tuesday
B: crustless quiche a la yesterday, 1/4 avocado
S: not sure yet
L: hb egg and quinoa/spinach bake
d: chicken curry with spinach and chick peas
cran water, coffee, tea

CyndiM
11-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Phase 2

B: oatmeal with chia seeds and homemade applesauce, 1 veggie sausage patty
L: red lentil vegetable stew
S: a piece of fruit, 100 cal nuts if I need them
D: broccoli cheddar soup with white beans, roasted squash

exercise: 30m spin bike, 10m arms

cottagebythesea
11-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Water : 8 cups
Oranges (3)
Meats (3)

Okie, I hope this is only PART of what you ate yesterday! Make sure you are getting in some dairy, and where are your vegetables?

Phase II for me today -

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla almond milk w/blueberries
L. leftover crack slaw
S. Honey Crisp apple
D. a big kitchen sink vegetable salad sprinkled with feta, and a Morningstar grillers patty
S. SBD peanut butter cup dessert

zeffryn
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Probably the personal training. I love the trainers there and would love to work one on one with them. There is one in particular that is an absolute beast - she is so small and petite and doesn't look like she would be hard at all...and then she works you until you can't work anymore. :)

-
1: 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1 orange, 1 slice of ezekiel bread w/ 1/2 tsp. almond butter
2: big ol' salad topped with a bit of pork tenderloin and ginger dressing (1 T)
3: cucumbers w/ hummus
4: apple
5: tuna casserole made with whole wheat egg noodles and lots of veggies, salad
6: greek yogurt + hazelnut butter

exercise: 45 minutes interval training on the treadmill (alternating between 2 minutes at 5.5 mph and 1 minute at 6.5 mph.), 45 min. bikram yoga

cals: 1360, fat: 49 grams, protein: 100 grams, carbs: 137 grams

sophie
11-16-2010, 10:38 AM
phase 2

b - two eggs, whole wheat toast
l - roast red pepper soup and lf cheese
s - orange and yogurt
s - hamburger, minus bun with roasted vegetables
s - swedish cracker with almond butter

TallandThin
11-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, remember what a wonderful fun day I had yesterday walking downtown? It was great! What I didn't tell you was this:

Yesterday, phase 1.5

D - the last little bit of taco turkey w/refried ff beans, spinach salad with tomato and lt balsamic dressing.
Dessert - 1 cup ff Greek plain yogurt w/Splenda, cinnamon and pecans.

What happend to B, L, and snacks you ask? What can I say except I just wasn't hungry at all and was having too good of a time walking. I know, I know, that isn't a good excuse but I'm trying.

Here's to a better on plan day today.

Oh yes, thanks guys for the suggestions for the avocado. I hadn't thought of the plastic wrap and will try it.

Zef, I'm competitive too so understand how the competition will motivate you. Good luck.

LOL at myself. I kept seeing your posts of honey crisp apples and wondered what receipe you were using to make something like that. Well yesterday when I was shopping guess what I saw, honey crisp apples. Had no idea there were some with that name. Learn something new every day.

zeffryn
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
tallandthin - just remember that your body needs fuel (food!) to burn those calories most efficiently. :) honeycrisp apples are SO yummy. I look forward to getting them every year at this time.

StarStup
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Yesterday my BF and I started Phase 2!!!! I lost a total of 6 lbs on Phase 1 and he lost about 9 lbs. I added an apple yesterday, I was up a pound today...not sure why...maybe just fluctuations.

Made a huge mistake today...my BF has been craving brownies these past 2 weeks, so, I told him I would make some Phase 2 brownies...I did, I made the whole wheat brownies and they are sooooo good! I cannot make them again, at least until I am able to resist eating a ton! Yeah, we've been mawing down on them!

Ok here's today:
B: 2 hardboiled eggs; tea w/ 1 tbsp ff 1/2 and 1/2
S: celery
L: salad (2 hardboiled eggs, lettuce, cukes, tomato, rf feta with olive oil and vinegar); 1/2 green pepper
S: 2 tbsp pb and an apple
S2: a ton of Phase 2 brownies
D: chicken and 1/2 acorn squash w/ sf maple syrup

zeffryn
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Star - it's probably just normal fluctuations. Weight Loss is not a linear thing - look more for the average during the week than the actual day to day.

As for the brownies, i have that same problem with them. I usually make them in a mini-muffin tin and then freeze them. out of sight, out of mind :)

StarStup
11-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks Zeff! I am trying to just focus on the weekly weigh-ins. :D

Usernametaken
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Doing two days at once

Monday b-pumpkin oatmmeal
L-sweet potato, lentil, chard soup
D-Spinach feta wrap
S-banana

Tuesday
B-Pumpkin oatmeal
L-sweetpotato, lentil, and chard soup
D-beef and veggie stirfry
S-banana

zeffryn
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
UNT - I made the sweet potato, lentil and kale soup the other day. delish! thanks for the recipe!

Usernametaken
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
You are so welcome, Zeff. I can't get enough of that stuff :)

Mmckellen
11-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Wednesday (let's hope it is better than yesterday)
B: crustless quiche with veggies, quinoa bake
L: nf refrieds with lf cheese and chunky salsa
S: cheese stick
D: salmon cakes with pesto and green beans sauteed with garlic

sophie
11-17-2010, 09:56 AM
phase 2

b - fiber one with almond milk
s - orange
l - roasted red pepper soup with lf cheese
s - yogurt
s - veggie chilli
s - almond butter, if needed

20 minutes on exercise bike

zeffryn
11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
1: scrambled egg whites (2), slice of ezekiel bread, tea brewed in almond milk, a few raspberries and strawberries
2: tuna and avocado salad over salad greens
3: apple
4: lean beef chili with lots of beans and veggies
5: greek yogurt and an asian pear (yum! why have i never had these before?)

exercise: 45 minutes weight training class, 45 minutes fat burner class

--
Question, I know on SB we're not supposed to be counting calories but I've done it anyway because I need an extra line of accountability and I'm prone to going berserk with my portions...ANYWAY, I'm having a hard time getting enough calories. I felt satisfied and comfortable all day and I've only had just over 1,000 calories. With the two classes I took, I burned about 1100. I don't feel right about just stuffing my face even though I'm not hungry just to get my calories up -- seems kind of counterproductive to a major thing I've been learning (listening to my hunger cues) on this weight loss journey. I had full fat greek yogurt instead of fat free tonight to get in a few extra calories, and I suppose I could probably eat whole eggs instead of whites. Any other ideas?

TallandThin
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Yesterday I had: Phase 1.5

B - 1 cup decaf coffee w/sf creamer, mock pancakes, 1 turkey bacon, V-8.
S - 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/cinnamon, Splenda and pecans.
L - cup ff cottage cheese w/cucumber.
S - Apple and string cheese
D - Baked fish, grn beans, cabbage w/rf mayo.
Dessert - 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda and pecans.

Usernametaken
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Phase 2
B-pumpkin oatmeal
L-Lentil soup
S-FF greek yogurt w/cocoa powder and splenda
D-ww veggie pizza w/ salad

cottagebythesea
11-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Phase 2

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla almond milk and blueberries
L. Palaak Paneer over salad (it was great!)
S. dried fruit and nut mix (I went a little overboard on it, tho)
D. vegetarian chili topped with avocado, cheese and Greek yogurt
S. SF pudding cup

murphmitch
11-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Phase II

B: Veggie omelet (with egg beaters), V8
L: Salad with black beans, salsa, carrots, hummus
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte, deli turkey
D: Chicken & veggie soup

Usernametaken
11-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Zef-If you are trying to get more calories, maybe add some sort of nut butter to your apple or with your yogurt? Greek yogurt with natural peanutbutter is super tasty.

Also, for anyone who is (or isn't, lol) interested--My DH bought me a weighted hula hoop for my birthday and hooping is a BLAST. Anyone tried it?

rdw1
11-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Zeff- you are obviously doing something right chic! I think the most important thing is to listen to your body, and if you keep burning like that it will surely remind you to eat more! :) I think you have the right ideas by just altering what you are eating, and I agree with UNT, maybe some pb or almond butter... maybe some avocado with a meal, I get carried away with the stuff! I did just buy two this week but I will limit myself to a half a day, and no other fats!

UNT- that hula hoop sounds like a blast! I used to love hooping as a kid!

SO, I didn't plan today but I did fairly well and stuck to plan and even went to the gym for the first time in months! I will definitely be going back tomorrow! AND planning for tomorrow so here goes :)

B: chia green smoothie
S: roasted wasabi edamame
L: Amy's gf vegan frozen meal
S: apple with 1T pb
D: veggie burger, oven baked sweet potato fries, sauteed spinach

GYM! ;0) For the first time in my life today I was able to just jump in and run a half mile, usually takes a week at least to build up to that! So I was pretty excited about it... I can't wait to be able to run a couple miles again, its been sooo long and I always feel so accomplished when I do!

zeffryn
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the help, ladies. I did have a packet of hazelnut butter last night for an additional 200 calories. I'm not going to stress as long as it is 1200 or more on average per week.

Great work in the gym, Rikki! You've had such a great, OP week!

-

1: i'm going to try blending cottage cheese and orange with some vanilla and see if it makes a creamsicle...will report; 1 ezekiel toast w/ pb
2: "apple pie" protein smoothie (an OP birthday treat!)
3: cheese stick, another snack tbd
4: dinner out - BIG salad (will make up for my lack of veggies!) w/ hummus instead of dressing

the smoothie was pretty good actually. i think i would probably rinse the cottage cheese next time because it was a little salty, but other than that, it was good! half an orange, half a cup of cottage cheese, a bit of splenda or agave and a tiny bit of vanilla. yum!

exercise: cardio circuit and yoga

sophie
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with almond butter and almond milk
l - red roasted pepper soup with lf cheese.
s - orange and a yogurt
s - sirloin tip roast and some veggie chilli

walk in mall (cold and rainy here_
20 minutes on bike

StarStup
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Hello all! Doing well on Phase 2! Made the Phase 2 pumpkin bread yesterday and put it in muffin tins and it is great!

Here's today:
B: pumpkin muffin; 2 hardboiled eggs; tea w/ 1 tbsp ff 1/2 & 1/2
S: 1/2 cuke
L: ground turkey stir-fry; 1/2 bell pepper; rf string cheese
S: apple w/ 2 tbsp peanut butter
D: either grnd turkey chili w/ mock corn bread OR Phase 2 pizza
S: tea w/ ff 1/2 & 1/2

TallandThin
11-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Morning "on planners" :wave:

One more good phase 1.5 day for me yesterday:

B Protein shake (water, protein, sf jello, Ricotta, egg)
S String cheese and V8
L nf plain Greek yogurt w/cinnamon and pecans
S 2 Brazil nuts and 1 teas natural peanutbutter and 1 teas sf jam
D SB Stuffed bell pepper, grn salad w/radish, tomato and lf balasmic dressing.
S nf plain Greek yogurt w/sf jam

First time I had the protein shake and it didn't seem to keep me feeling full as long as eating my regular breakfast. May try it for lunch to see if the same thing happens in the afternoon.

zeffryn
11-18-2010, 02:30 PM
starstup - that is how I like to do my breads too. built-in portion control!
-
tomorrow night, my husband is planning a birthday party for me with two of our closest couple friends. he bought everything for brown rice sushi and then went to the local fromagerie and picked up some amazing cheese (a raw milk sharp cheddar, sheep's manchego and a big brick of parmiggiano), some really good dark chocolate and some strawberries, grapes and apples.

I'm way more excited about a good cheese and fruit plate than I would be a birthday cake!

murphmitch
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs, veggie sausage
L: Huge salad with pico, black beans
D: Taco bake with RF sour cream, salad

rdw1
11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Zeff- I would definitely be more excited about that tray! Im going to try to make some sushi in the morning if I have some brown rice in the freezer and get up in time :) If not I think it will be another frozen amy's meal...

So here is the plan:
B: coffee with almond milk, 1 leftover slice of gf rf pizza
S: - busy busy day scheduled.... will have an apple if time
L: see above ;0) sushi or frozen meal
S: if time again apple with pb or if not a KIND bar throughout the afternoon
D: probably either veggie burgers or vegetable soup

Definitely going to get a big workout in!

zeffryn
11-19-2010, 09:37 AM
1: cottage cheese with homemade applesauce
2: green smoothie
3: apple/pb
4: brown rice sushi, cheese/fruit/dark chocolate plate (going to hold myself to 1 oz. of dark chocolate)

not a great day in terms of veggies or dairy, i suppose.

exercise: 45 min. body pump class, treadmill at least 45 minutes

I'm going to throw together a salad for dinner tonight - maybe some massaged kale and baby greens?

sophie
11-19-2010, 10:27 AM
phase 2

b - two eggs with one slice ww bread
l - tuna and white bean salad with spinach
s - orange and yogurt
s - baked salmon, braised leek and a salad, with a glass of wine,
s - lf cheese

TallandThin
11-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Yesterday phase 1.5

B Protein shake
L 4 boiled ham deli slices w/nf crm cheese, cucumber and lf balsamic dressing
S 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/TBLS of sf jam
D Veggi chili
S 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda and pecans

Zef, what do you put in your "green smoothie"?

zeffryn
11-19-2010, 02:20 PM
pretty much whatever I have in the fridge :)

today it was: spinach, kale, vega smoothie infusion (for protein), half a pear, half a banana, some frozen berries and a bit of ginger.

NSV!: baby shower for one of the girls at the gym today. they had cake and my kids had some. i usually would have "shared" a piece with my toddler, but today, i had some grapes and left him to his own devices with the cake - when he was finished, there was a lot left and instead of helping him finish it, i threw it directly into the trash.

BellaLucia
11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
3 oranges
3 pieces of meat
water
You rock Zeff!

Usernametaken
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Logging yesterday and today. Super busy week
thursday
B-Pumpkin oatmeal
L-lentil soup
S-gala apple
D-scrambled egg w/ rf mozzerella and sundried tomatoes on whole grain toast

Friday
B-whole wheat bread, dry (yes, I did wake up late. How did you guess?)
L-Veggie unwich from Jimmy Johns
Closing it down there. Having a planned off plan weekend to celebrate my birthday, my husbands birthday, and our anniversary. I won't go too crazy, but I'm sure the wine will flow. See you all Monday when I jump back on

rdw1
11-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Whew- actually made my sushi tonight but just with regular rice so it ended up more like sushi salad...lol. Made an extra roll for lunch tomorrow and ended up having a couple glasses of wine tonight! I was too wound up from work and needed to relax... Tomorrow's plan...

B: green chia smoothie
S: apple with pb
L: leftover sushi or frozen meal
S: apple with pb
D: Maybe going to a mexican restaurant... so planning on a guacamole salad and side of beans no cheese...

murphmitch
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
L: Huge salad with pico, navy beans, carrots, hummus
D: Taco bake, RF sour cream, salad

zeffryn
11-20-2010, 09:58 AM
moving slow this morning - went to bed way too late and got up way too early.

pre-workout: orange
bootcamp
brunch: 1 slice ezekiel bread, 2 egg whites, spinach, pineapple, 2 slices turkey bacon
afternoon snack: latte? going to be out shopping
dinner: grilled chicken, spaghetti squash and kale gratin

TallandThin
11-20-2010, 12:40 PM
My yesterday phase 1.5

L - Grn salad w/pico, tomato, celery, radish, chicken and lf ranch dressing.
S - nf Greek plain yogurt w/sf jam.
D - Lentil and turkey sausage soup w/extra cabbage (1st time eating it and it was good)
S - nf Greek plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda and pecans

I've also learned to read labels on Greek plain yogurt because there is a huge difference in how much sugar there is in some nf brands and in the lf brands there is a big difference both in the amount of fat and sugar. So be careful out there and read your labels!

murphmitch
11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Phase II

B: Oatmeal, almond butter, almond milk
S: Lots of little tastes at Farmers Market :devil:
L: Salmon with Caesar salad
S: Carrots, hummus
D: Black beans, RF cheese, salad

zeffryn
11-21-2010, 10:46 AM
tallandthin - make sure you are reading the ingredient list too. stay away from added sugars :)

way too much sodium this weekend. my fingers are bloaty!

-
1: smoothie (vanilla protein, strawberries, spirulina, chia seeds)
2: green smoothie (greens, frozen berry blend, spirulina, green protein)
3: veggie tray for football
4: grilled chicken, spaghetti squash and kale gratin
5: sugar cookie tea brewed in almond milk (OMG! so good.)

exercise: going to shoot for a run at some point today

TallandThin
11-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for reminding me Zef, I'll definitely do that. So much I am learning!

Yesterday phase 1.5

B -Mock pancakes, 1 turkey bacon, V-8
S - 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/cinnamon, splenda and pecans
D - Grn salad w/chicken, radish, celery, pico and lf ranch dressing
S - 1 cup nf Greek plain yogurt w/sf jam

zeffryn
11-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I am about to start TOM - I could eat this entire house.

murphmitch
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Phase II

B: Cinnamon omelet
L: Salad with black beans, carrots, hummus
D: Crock Pot Creamy Mexican casserole
S: Almond butter with dark chocolate

cottagebythesea
11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Phase 2

B. whole grain blueberry pancake w/SF syrup
L. Greek yogurt w/agave and toasted walnuts